PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't steve...

daneoni
Jun 18, 2007, 04:38 PM
Was just wondering why steve never uses a notebook (MacBook Pro) for his keynotes but rather a full on super towers. In fact the only time i've seen him use a notebook in a Keynote was during the iPod introduction keynote when iMovie was just released. he used a Titanium PB for the demo.

So why not continue....does he not trust the notebook computers his company makes to handle whatever demo he plans to do?...afterall, his company sells more notebooks than towers

PlaceofDis
Jun 18, 2007, 04:39 PM
i believe his personal computer is a 17" MBP/Powerbook. at least thats been stated in the past. its probably because its easier to have a tower/desktop set up for stuff like this.

BigPrince
Jun 18, 2007, 04:43 PM
I think desktops are probably more reliable then any notebook computer on the market from any company. They can also be made faster.

I thought when the MBP came out, he did the whole presentation on it presenting a new piece of software and people thought it was a powerbook the whole time until after the presentation.

mcarnes
Jun 18, 2007, 04:44 PM
After he had surgery he wrote his letters to the world (us fans) on a 17" powerbook from his hospital bed. Guess you don't remember.

daneoni
Jun 18, 2007, 04:47 PM
I think desktops are probably more reliable then any notebook computer on the market from any company. They can also be made faster.

I thought when the MBP came out, he did the whole presentation on it presenting a new piece of software and people thought it was a powerbook the whole time until after the presentation.

I think that was the iMac Core Duo being confused with an iMac G5

Yurtra
Jun 18, 2007, 04:47 PM
Because it makes for a much nicer demonstration when everything is unrealistically zippy. :P

daneoni
Jun 18, 2007, 04:49 PM
After he had surgery he wrote his letters to the world (us fans) on a 17" powerbook from his hospital bed. Guess you don't remember.

To write a letter....even a PowerBook pismo could do that. I mean full on hour and a half keynote.

I guess its true that Dekstops can be tweaked and customised more. So it makes sense and in a way the iMac is a MBP in a desktop casing...even though it can be "tweaked" better but i dunno

dswoodley
Jun 18, 2007, 04:52 PM
The most powerful machine to render flawlessly the eye candy our mere MBs and iMacs can never reproduce?

mcarnes
Jun 18, 2007, 04:56 PM
I guess its true that Dekstops can be tweaked and customised more. So it makes sense and in a way the iMac is a MBP in a desktop casing...even though it can be "tweaked" better but i dunno

Well to be fair, not *every* computer used was a mac tower. :p

http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures/2003/10/16/bu_apple04.jpg

daneoni
Jun 18, 2007, 05:08 PM
Well to be fair, not *every* computer used was a mac tower. :p

Still a tower nonetheless

The most powerful machine to render flawlessly the eye candy our mere MBs and iMacs can never reproduce?

lol...you said it chief