Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cindynjgirl79

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
New Jersey
he just posted a this about this on his blog. he's one of the paintings in the show. i like it. and here is the link to the gallery it's at

Cultfront.jpg

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
That's a wicked painting! I don't know who a couple in the back are though. (the black and white one next to pee wee herman, and the guy right above chunk from Goonies... he looks familiar but I can't place him. Errrr, wait, I'm not sure about the guy with the shotgun now too... the guy I thought it was isn't really a "cult" type of thing. who is that?) :eek:

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
That's a wicked painting! I don't know who a couple in the back are though. (the black and white one next to pee wee herman, and the guy right above chunk from Goonies... he looks familiar but I can't place him. Errrr, wait, I'm not sure about the guy with the shotgun now too... the guy I thought it was isn't really a "cult" type of thing. who is that?) :eek:

Could the B&W one be Ed Wood?

Cindynjgirl79

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
New Jersey

i thought it was from point break? am i wrong?

Legolamb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2006
North of where I'd like to be
Ooooh yes, could be!
I thought the same but then figured it was kind of obscure and not so cultish... <shrug> but they're not all major cult following type of things, just very memorable characters.
Yup. Check the Wikki article on Point Blank and trust yur intuition, girl:p
I'm partial to the Donny Darko bunny myself.

Cindynjgirl79

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
New Jersey
Yup. Check the Wikki article on Point Blank and trust yur intuition, girl:p
I'm partial to the Donny Darko bunny myself.

woohoo i am the queen of pop culture! the bunny from donny darko is good but sorry my vote for the #1 cult hero of all time goes to DEVINE!

imac/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007

I don't think that is Chunk from the Goonies. It looks more like the Texas Chainsaw baddie.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I don't think that is Chunk from the Goonies. It looks more like the Texas Chainsaw baddie.

No, leatherface is on the left in the back, to the left of Borat. I was talking about chunk, the kid, from goonies (image attached) - I wondered who the guy above him was (far right).

Attachments

• Chunk8.jpg
    Chunk8.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 248

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
no david lynch is on the right. the guy i'm talking about is right above chunk with the black shirt
Cultfront-1.jpg

K, everyone is confused. David Lynch is on the LEFT - the mystery guy is on the far RIGHT above Chunk.

argh! <tears hair out>

OK, lets make this easier....

wtfisthis.jpg

He looks so familiar and I can't place him. :eek:

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I'm surprised how many of these I recognise :) So can we get a complete list of people/ films and references?

Scenery: Hollywood hills

Back row L to R:

Devine (Pink Flamingo)
Pee Wee Herman (Pee Wee's Big Adventure)
Ed Wood (Glen or Glenda)
Leatherface (the Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
Borat (Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan)
... (Point Break)
... (Point Break)
Frank (Donnie Darko)
David Lynch
(feathery hand thing)
?? (bald man in black T)

Front row:

?? (heart cushion on a stand)
Silent Bob (Clerks etc)
Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski (The Big Lebowski) + bowling ball from film
Frank Booth (Blue Velvet)
Alex (A Clockwork Orange)
Nigel Tufnel (Spinal Tap)
Frank n' Furter (Rocky Horror Show)
Chuck (The Goonies)

Foreground

?? heart cushion on a stand
Lara Palmer (Twin Peaks) (in both photo and coffin?)
?? Purple wreath thing?
? Cat with toilet paper wrapped around it

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
that's not Charles Manson, that's the dude (Jeff) from The Big Lebowski. <- might clear up the bowling ball thing for ya too.
this might help too... edit: oh and this (so not safe for work or kids. at least 500 f words, but funny)

the "I should know this" in the middle of the dude from The Big Lebowski and Alex is Frank Booth from the move Blue Velvet (I put a photo up in this thread earlier of him) ->
attachment.php

Next to Alex from A Clockwork Orange is Jim Morrison. (at least I'm pretty sure) odd the guitar though because he didn't play. - Keith Richards would be a decent guess too though.

there's also a cat with toilet paper wrapped around it. I can't think of the reference though.

All the others were correct as I know it... except, who is that guy on the far right? :p

Attachments

• thebiglebowski.jpg
    thebiglebowski.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 60

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Thanks iBlue. Have added your suggestions.

Not sure about Jim Morrison as like you say, he didn't play guitar, and also he had slightly curly hair.

I had to look 3 times before I saw the cat ...

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.