PDA

View Full Version : Build your own iSight mount for Apple Studio Displays.

MacBytes
Jul 8, 2003, 04:25 AM
Link: Build your own iSight mount for Apple Studio Displays. (http://www.macminute.com/2003/07/08/isightmount)

Wardofsky
Jul 8, 2003, 05:45 AM
That's interesting, how are the current iSights attached?
(I haven't got one)

britboy
Jul 8, 2003, 05:53 AM
From what i can see, the iSight just kind of rests on top of the screen. If you look at the iSight page (http://www.apple.com/isight/) you can see a couple of images, showing how it works.

I like this alternative way though. It's not quite as pretty, but seems a lot more secure than simply relying on gravity. Nice idea, and very cheap.

Mr. Anderson
Jul 8, 2003, 06:22 AM
Interesting, but not exactly elegant. I'm hoping that when they come out with the new LCD displays that there will be a mount that comes with them.

I'm looking forward to getting an iSight when I get my new computer.

D

Wardofsky
Jul 8, 2003, 07:07 AM
I wouldn't mind a tripod for iSight, maybe to be hopeful you could motorize it :D

Perhaps create the ultimate webcam...

britboy
Jul 8, 2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Wardofsky
I wouldn't mind a tripod for iSight, maybe to be hopeful you could motorize it :D

Perhaps create the ultimate webcam...

And then develop some software to allow it to be remotely controlled.....

Can you just imagine the possibilities? :D

Mr. Anderson
Jul 8, 2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by britboy
And then develop some software to allow it to be remotely controlled.....

Can you just imagine the possibilities? :D

If Lego would just get their friggin act together with a commercial port of their robotic software you could make one easily. That would be so cool!

iChat SpyCam! :D

D

AppleMatt
Jul 8, 2003, 11:13 AM
Nice idea, but if you get the iMac iSight mount included with it, turn it the other way around...voila, you have a mount for your Studio Display.

AppleMatt

King Cobra
Jul 8, 2003, 12:56 PM
I bet you someone already has a working "iSpy" of some sort using the iSight. What hackers do in their free time sometimes blows me away.

Is anyone working on an iPolaroid? :D