PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Bay Area, CA

DVNIEL
Jun 19, 2007, 11:25 AM
Everyone is asking where people are going in their respective cities, so I'm wondering where are the people from the Bay Area going to wait? I have my little corporate Cingular shop near my house, its not really well known cause the shop is hidden behind a chinese restaurant and its hard to see.

Maybe if you mention it we'll meet there

/dev/toaster
Jun 19, 2007, 12:45 PM
Well, I live in San Francisco so I will be sending my girlfriend to stand in line at the Apple store, and I will be heading down Market to stand at the AT&T / Cingular store.

DVNIEL
Jun 20, 2007, 12:58 AM
Wow... I guess not many from the Bay Area are interested. I'm sure us in the Bay Area will be okay, most cities in a 15-minute span have either 2 or 3 corporate AT&Ts, or an Apple Store

Well, I live in San Francisco so I will be sending my girlfriend to stand in line at the Apple store, and I will be heading down Market to stand at the AT&T / Cingular store.

Wish I was going to the SF one toaster, cause I'd take you out for a beer after you cough up that $750 deposit=(

joshuajestelle
Jun 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
I live in SF too, but I work down on the pinisuala. I'll likely go to either the SF Apple Store or maybe to the one in Palo Alto.

How early you heading down to the store?

Josh

DVNIEL
Jun 20, 2007, 04:01 PM
Going to the store near my house a little after 10pm the night before to scope out the lines, then sleep park right in front under a tree and sleep in my car=)

iHerzeleid
Jun 20, 2007, 04:07 PM
Im still deciding which bay area store to attend. east bay here.

DVNIEL
Jun 20, 2007, 04:08 PM
Im still deciding which bay area store to attend. east bay here.

Finally some Northern CA people showing up. We have quite a few AT&Ts here in the East Bay, how do you think the lines will look?

iHerzeleid
Jun 20, 2007, 04:19 PM
Finally some Northern CA people showing up. We have quite a few AT&Ts here in the East Bay, how do you think the lines will look?

hopefully empty. i want one.

moonzilla
Jun 20, 2007, 04:23 PM
the main Apple store on market will probably have the most in stock. there are a bunch of att stores in the area, as well as apple stores in burlingame, stonestown, and emeryville, but i can't imagine them having nearly as much as the flagship sf store.

and hey, if you choose to spend the night there, im sure the bums will keep you company

iHerzeleid
Jun 20, 2007, 04:33 PM
anyone want to make a MR iPhone group?

DVNIEL
Jun 20, 2007, 05:01 PM
anyone want to make a MR iPhone group?

How do you wanna do that?

iHerzeleid: I'm actually going to the one in Fremont, care to join? We can rotate bathroom and meal breaks, PM if interested

EXgemini
Jun 20, 2007, 05:16 PM
Anyone going to be in/around San Jose?

yayaba
Jun 20, 2007, 06:11 PM
I live in Sac right now but I'm from the Bay. There are so many AT&T/Cingular stores around the Bay that I don't think it'll be too hard to find one. Not to mention the numerous Apple stores around the area.

I was actually at the Stanford Shopping Center one a couple of days ago and they still don't have any iPhone related adverts yet... crazy.

v-ault
Jun 20, 2007, 06:47 PM
I'm just gonna go to the AT&T store 2 minutes away from my house at 6 PM. I don't think I wanna wait in lines anymore. I went through that w/ the Wii already.

epiphany
Jun 20, 2007, 07:02 PM
I thought they were only going to be at select AT&T company stores. Aren't you guys taking a risk by sleeping overnight at a store that might not have the phones?

kqwik78
Jun 20, 2007, 08:30 PM
Although not really in the bay area, it's close enough I guess.

Any Fresno/Clovis, CA peeps going to be waiting and where? I'm not sure if I'll be waiting at the Clovis Corp Store or the Fresno one.

The Apple store maybe a little crazy but I wouldnt mind waiting in side the mall instead of being in the HOT Valley Heat :(

AppleIntelRock
Jun 20, 2007, 08:31 PM
I think the line at the SF apple store is going to be INSANE. Personally, I'm going with a ATT "Select" store. Either that or Palo Alto apple store...

Silencio
Jun 20, 2007, 08:51 PM
I think I'll casually check out the line, if any, in front of the AT&T Store up the street from me. I wasn't planning on getting an iPhone right away, but there could be some potential for an impulse purchase...

Danny Mac
Jun 20, 2007, 09:40 PM
Hello, I'm new to these forums, but have been checking things out for awhile.

I work in Dublin so I figured I'd cruise over to Stoneridge Mall after work at 5, and hang out until 6pm. If people are going to be waiting in line as soon as the mall opens that morning though, what are the chances I'm going to be able to stroll up and buy one? True, in the Bay Area we have tons of options, but if people are going to be staking out and such, that kind of kills it for all the rest of us who have to work for a living, at least on Friday.

I've wanted an iPhone since I first heard about it, but wasn't really compelled to get one until my Smartphone took a dive and Cingular wanted $300 to replace it. If I sell my iPod, I can get iPhone for cheaper then it would have costed me to replace my not so Smartphone. Sounds like a deal to me, but I still just need a phone! If I can't get an iPhone at launch, I have to spend money on something lesser, until I can get one.

One little note about the rumors of ATT stores closing, then re-opening for launch and staying open possibly until 12am. If you were only going to be able to sell 15-30 iPhones and given the hype surrounding the product, why would you have to stay open so late? I hope because they're planning on moving a lot more stock then people think they have available.

Danny Mac
Jun 20, 2007, 10:07 PM
Another thought...

One way to gauge what's going on with iPhone the day of the release without having to wait by a store is just to follow the news throughout the workday. If people are lining up for iPhone, the news is going to cover it and what (if anything) is being done to ensure the 6pm playing field is level (i.e. not allowing people to camp out or start lines hours before the product is unveiled.

That and we'll have a 3 hour head-start being on the West Coast, should be able to get details about the launch from back east well before our own local launch.

/dev/toaster
Jun 20, 2007, 10:40 PM
Wow... I guess not many from the Bay Area are interested. I'm sure us in the Bay Area will be okay, most cities in a 15-minute span have either 2 or 3 corporate AT&Ts, or an Apple Store

Wish I was going to the SF one toaster, cause I'd take you out for a beer after you cough up that $750 deposit=(

hehehe, well let me know if you are gonna be in the area :D

joshuajestelle
Jun 21, 2007, 01:57 PM
I'm suprised people are still talking about camping out by their favorite store, since they annouced they'll go on sale at 6pm.

I'm thinking I'll check out the line around lunchtime, if it's already getting long, maybe I'll get in and spend the afternoon there.

But from the sounds of things I feel like I could show up at the SF market st Apple store at 6pm, and still get my iPhone before they close.

Josh

MacbookSwitcher
Jun 25, 2007, 12:00 AM
I may peruse over to Valley Fair around lunch time to get a chuckle out of the line.. :)

sportsfanMAW
Jun 25, 2007, 12:38 AM
anyone here in the Santa Rosa area?

AppleIntelRock
Jun 25, 2007, 02:36 AM
I may peruse over to Valley Fair around lunch time to get a chuckle out of the line.. :)

why on earth would you do that? to "chuckle" at the line?
WHAT?

"Oh, I think I'll just over to the mall and chuckle at a line of people"

Maybe you should WAIT in that line :p :p :p

:apple: :apple: :apple:

SycloneMedia
Jun 25, 2007, 09:35 AM
Anyone going to be in/around San Jose?

I'm debating on either the Valley Fair Apple store, or the Cingular store on El Camino (at Kiely.)

I'm hoping to pick the place where there'll be less of a rush, and more of an informed sales staff because I have a lot of questions and will need answers.

napann
Jun 25, 2007, 10:22 AM
Anyone going to be at the Apple Stoneridge store in Pleasanton?

Noonster22
Jun 25, 2007, 10:43 AM
Perhaps the Apple Company Store in Cupertino will have some?

stagi
Jun 25, 2007, 11:11 AM
I will be at the valley fair store, its pretty big so I hope they have a good stock. I will head down there around 11 or so to check it out and if there is no line come back around 3 or 4?

ianbeerent
Jun 25, 2007, 11:21 AM

there is ABSOLUTELY a 0% chance that the company store will have one.

When mighty mouse came out, I went to the company store to ask them if they had one... they literally laughed out loud and told me that they are the last apple store in the country to get new products.

Sigh... poor, poor apple employees.

ianbeerent
Jun 25, 2007, 11:22 AM
and who is going to the downtown palo alto store? i think that's the best bet for us people south of sf...

andyh2
Jun 25, 2007, 11:35 AM
I have to miss it :( I'm a bit north of san francisco. We get back home from hawaii at midnight on the 29th :P

scotto07
Jun 25, 2007, 12:03 PM
I will be at the pleasanton Apple Store, but not waiting in line for one, but selling those in line one!! :D :D :D :apple: :apple:

bemaniac
Jun 25, 2007, 12:08 PM
Is anyone going to be waiting outside the Apple Store (or the ATT/Cingular store) at Bay Street (in Emeryville)?

I know nobody knows for sure about any of this stuff, but do you think there would be a good chance of getting one if I came around 1PM?

cloudnine
Jun 25, 2007, 12:34 PM
I will be at the pleasanton Apple Store, but not waiting in line for one, but selling those in line one!! :D :D :D :apple: :apple:

Sweet... make sure to hold two of them for me! ;) haha :)

odobo
Jun 25, 2007, 01:03 PM
I am thinking if I should wait in line at stonestown apple store or the 1 in walnut creek.... I work in concord but live in san francisco.... I dont think SF downtown will be a good site to look for 1 since all those people that work at sf downtown will be there... :rolleyes:

Purgatory
Jun 25, 2007, 02:04 PM
I live in Los Angeles but'll be in the Bay Area for orientation at San Josť State. I'll be in San Francisco most of the 29th (meeting friends at the SF Airport), though, and since the best place to go seems debatable, anywhere I should avoid?

bigdz68
Jun 25, 2007, 03:01 PM
I will be in Burlingame Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning after work!
Hopefully I will be lucky enough to get one. I thought about waiting starting today but that might be overkill. I highly doubt they will run out of stock after all the hype and promotion they have been doing but you never know! Look for a sleeved guy sitting in a chair with fancy rims!
:D

penguy
Jun 25, 2007, 05:33 PM
I'll likely go to the Burlingame Apple store (though the AT&T store down the block has adverts for the phone as well). The problem with Burlingame is there are a LOT of people with disposable income there...I predict a line...a big one.

clancemasterj
Jun 25, 2007, 05:33 PM
Any one going to wait in santa babara or santa maria?

bigbook
Jun 25, 2007, 06:00 PM
My plan of action is to hit up the apple store in Concord,

heres a little insider information that very few people know.
Bestbuy will have 10 iphone per store per city. I'm a store service manager.

yayaba
Jun 25, 2007, 06:37 PM
there is ABSOLUTELY a 0% chance that the company store will have one.

When mighty mouse came out, I went to the company store to ask them if they had one... they literally laughed out loud and told me that they are the last apple store in the country to get new products.

Sigh... poor, poor apple employees.

So what do they sell at the Cupertino company store? Just shirts and office mugs?

rSm00th
Jun 25, 2007, 06:41 PM

That's news to pretty much everyone here...

iHerzeleid
Jun 25, 2007, 07:05 PM
Is anyone going to be waiting outside the Apple Store (or the ATT/Cingular store) at Bay Street (in Emeryville)?

I know nobody knows for sure about any of this stuff, but do you think there would be a good chance of getting one if I came around 1PM?

I think im gonna go to that one. not sure what time.

AppleIntelRock
Jun 25, 2007, 07:22 PM

no. no they wont. :rolleyes: ;)

zyuzin4
Jun 25, 2007, 07:57 PM
anyone going to Oakridge Mall?

DreaminDirector
Jun 26, 2007, 12:08 AM
I'll be either at the Emeryville (Bay Street) store or the Walnut Creek store. Hopefully there won't be too many people at Bay street since it seems everyone is heading to the SF one.

omegacentrix
Jun 26, 2007, 12:33 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm an engineer, new to the area, working at a dotcom - I'm looking for a place close to Sunnyvale to stand in line starting in the early afternoon. Can anyone recommend a place and/or want to stand in line with me? Let me know, thanks!

Dave

elcerrito494
Jun 26, 2007, 07:12 AM

If I had money, that's the store I'd be at ;)

ianbeerent
Jun 26, 2007, 02:24 PM
So what do they sell at the Cupertino company store? Just shirts and office mugs?

yeah... and external drives and software and ipods and stuff, but no computers.

and i bought an apple swiss army knife... it's so sick!!

webmacster87
Jun 26, 2007, 08:25 PM
If anyone is in Burlingame, CA (south of San Francisco), I'll be doing a live recording of our podcast there and interviewing people in line. http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/211006/

Multimedia
Jun 26, 2007, 09:56 PM

Wish I was going to the SF one toaster, cause I'd take you out for a beer after you cough up that $750 deposit=(What $750 deposit?!?! :eek:

Multimedia
Jun 26, 2007, 10:02 PM
Everyone is asking where people are going in their respective cities, so I'm wondering where are the people from the Bay Area going to wait? I have my little corporate Cingular shop near my house, its not really well known cause the shop is hidden behind a chinese restaurant and its hard to see.

Maybe if you mention it we'll meet thereWhere? What City?

In Santa Cruz we have choice between an ATT Store inside a MALL that closes at 9PM or an ATT Store that will be staying open LATE in Watsonville.

odobo
Jun 27, 2007, 12:37 AM
apple store in SF stonestown will be closed at 2pm and reopen at 6. They dunno if the mall will let them setup a line tho.... so its all up the the property management ;)

just went there to ask :D :apple:

asherman13
Jun 27, 2007, 12:41 AM

I am. Which store you going to? (Hopefully not the one I'm going to)

bigdz68
Jun 27, 2007, 02:16 AM
Just FYI but if you search AT&T site for locations you can select the ones that should have iPhone available. There are quite a few around the Burlingame area that will have them! I just drove by the Burlingame store and no one is in line yet. I think I might get there late Thursday/Early Friday but it seems these will be selling fast as we can do all the contract stuff via iTunes at home! I am just wondering how many they will have at the Apple Stores. With all the media hype since its 1st announcement I don't think Apple will drop the ball and not have enough out there for the masses. DOes anyone remember when the 1st Gen iPod came out? Did stores run out?

bigdz68
Jun 27, 2007, 02:18 AM
If anyone is in Burlingame, CA (south of San Francisco), I'll be doing a live recording of our podcast there and interviewing people in line. http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/211006/

KooL!
What time are you personally going to wait in line to get one? Due to med conditions I don't want to be sitting in my chair all morning if I don't need to. Maybe we can get a heads up from someone when they get in line and give updates so we know what we may be up against.

bemaniac
Jun 27, 2007, 11:12 AM
For people going to Bay Street (or other Apple/AT&T stores in the area): what time are you heading to the line? I can't really decide whether going early morning (like 8 or 9) would be necessary, or if I can show up closer to noon and still have a chance of getting one.

Also, does anyone know if Apple will be allowing customers to buy more than one iPhone at a time? I have a friend who is out of the country, but he said he'd leave me money if I could get him one.

Any thoughts?

sportsfanMAW
Jun 27, 2007, 01:12 PM
I am. Which store you going to? (Hopefully not the one I'm going to)

haha don't worry im actually not going on the 29th because i have to wait for my parents to switch off of verizon.

But if i did go i would probably go to the SR plaza because there's the AT&T store upstairs and the Apple store downstairs

imagineer2000
Jun 27, 2007, 04:33 PM

I am planning to go to the Apple store in the downtown mall with my video camera and my 3 yr old son at about 5pm on Fri.

I want to capture the event for posterity :D

Been waiting a LONG time for this - the cell phone I wanted for 10 years.

Mac Pro 5GB
Jun 27, 2007, 05:29 PM
I wonder if it will be better to just go to an AT&T store versus an Apple store? Any thoughts? Also I see we can only get one phone per person now. I guess my wife does not get one one day one? Or maybe it will be me who is iPhone-less on day one? I think I am going to an AT&T store.

joshuajestelle
Jun 27, 2007, 05:49 PM
Is no one going to the Apple Store in Downtown San Francisco? Will I be there all alone? I hope so. Short line!

Josh

asherman13
Jun 27, 2007, 06:13 PM
I am planning to go to the Apple store in the downtown mall with my video camera and my 3 yr old son at about 5pm on Fri.

I want to capture the event for posterity :D

Been waiting a LONG time for this - the cell phone I wanted for 10 years.

I think I'm going to go to the AT&T store on Mendocino at around 11am on Friday (that's when I get off work). I might head over to the Plaza to see how things are looking there. If I can, I might just go to there instead, because I'd rather buy at an Apple store than an AT&T store.

Doozy
Jun 27, 2007, 06:14 PM
I wonder if it will be better to just go to an AT&T store versus an Apple store? Any thoughts? Also I see we can only get one phone per person now. I guess my wife does not get one one day one? Or maybe it will be me who is iPhone-less on day one? I think I am going to an AT&T store.

That's a tough call, Steve Jobs himself said to stay away from the Apple stores and go to AT$T. Jobs said that the Apple stores are going to be a mess.

I think I will go to AT$T, but I may have to wait till Saturday, I wanted to film "Man on the Street" videos of people waiting in line. I can't do both.

cash4chaos
Jun 27, 2007, 08:12 PM
I will be waiting downtown at 6 am friday morning
Holding a sign saying

WHY LIE ITS FOR A IPHONE !!!!:) :apple: :apple:

jbuba
Jun 27, 2007, 08:49 PM
I live and work near downtown san francisco too. does anyone know if a line has started at the apple store yet? an ideas on whether it is better to wait at the apple store vs at&t store on market st? i figure the apple store will have a significant amount of people waiting in line. but also, they should have one of the largest supplies as well. anyway, i'll be waiting at one of the two friday morning!

925AS
Jun 27, 2007, 09:12 PM
For those in Walnut Creek, are you going to go to the Apple store or the ATT store 2 blocks away?

Should I call in sick, or just leave work and show up at noon?

jbf13
Jun 27, 2007, 10:37 PM
I am going to wait at the apple store in Corte Madeira starting at 8:30AM Friday. Is anyone going there?

iris_failsafe
Jun 27, 2007, 11:45 PM
I live in Nob Hill, ill just come down running to the Apple Store. so if you see me running and cannot stop please hold me and don't let me crash onto a Street Car on Market...

stagi
Jun 28, 2007, 12:39 AM
Anyone else going to be at valley fair? I think I am just going to keep my eyes on the news that morning and see if lines are starting to appear, once they are I will head right down there.

iris_failsafe
Jun 28, 2007, 02:52 AM
As of this afternoon there was no line at the Main SF Apple Store (Market & Stockton)

AppleIntelRock
Jun 28, 2007, 02:54 AM
As of this afternoon there was no line at the Main SF Apple Store (Market & Stockton)

I can't believe the largest iStore on teh West Coast doesn't even have an iLine. It's almost iDay

ONE MORE DAY

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

macftw
Jun 28, 2007, 10:21 AM
I can't believe the largest iStore on teh West Coast doesn't even have an iLine. It's almost iDay

Is that still the case this morning? It would be great if people can update us on this during the day (and tomorrow), since I would expect the Valley Fair main Apple store to be the "worst case scenario" for south bay. So if there's no chaos there, then the AT&T stores should be eazy piezy.

Our "canary in the coal mine", so to speak.

AirFoil
Jun 28, 2007, 11:09 AM
For those in Walnut Creek, are you going to go to the Apple store or the ATT store 2 blocks away?

Should I call in sick, or just leave work and show up at noon?

The guys from http://iwait.org have laid claim to the Walnut Creek Apple store. The "CEO" was just on the news explaining the company and how he's holding out for the highest bid. Currently they have 10 "iWaiters" in line...

iris_failsafe
Jun 28, 2007, 04:14 PM
As of 5 minutes ago (2:05PM) they were around 10 people in line at the Stockton Apple Store. The first one is a guy that shows proudly an old G3 Black Powerbook (Wall-Street). He arrived just this morning. A lot of people have saved heir spot and at this time were not there... They SFPD has not put any barricades or fences, yet...

macftw
Jun 28, 2007, 04:39 PM
I've set up a twitter user id to track apple store / cingular store queue status during friday. sign up on twitter.com and just sms "follow ipSFBay" to 40404 and you'll get updates.

evilspell
Jun 28, 2007, 05:35 PM
anyone going to the Corte Madera Apple store at the village mall??

joshuajestelle
Jun 28, 2007, 05:45 PM
I created a separate thread specific to San Francisco, as much of the discussion on this thread has been around the Bay Area and not in the city.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=321358

Doozy
Jun 28, 2007, 06:17 PM
Who is going to the Oakridge mall is San Jose.

joshuajestelle
Jun 28, 2007, 06:17 PM
As of 5 minutes ago (2:05PM) they were around 10 people in line at the Stockton Apple Store. The first one is a guy that shows proudly an old G3 Black Powerbook (Wall-Street). He arrived just this morning. A lot of people have saved heir spot and at this time were not there... They SFPD has not put any barricades or fences, yet...

What do you mean by people who "saved their spot" but were not there?
They had a friend who was there who they were planning on joining? or?

stagi
Jun 28, 2007, 06:25 PM
I might head over to oakridge instead of valley fair (just depends on how crazy the lines look) oakridge is a small store so might not get many, but if there are no lines there I might start there first.

Doozy
Jun 28, 2007, 08:03 PM
I might head over to oakridge instead of valley fair (just depends on how crazy the lines look) oakridge is a small store so might not get many, but if there are no lines there I might start there first.

What time are you planning on going, I was going to check out a few AT&T stores on the way to Oakridge, I would think that the Oakridge Mini store would have more than AT&T

kahuna1342
Jun 28, 2007, 08:11 PM

The company store is only open til 5 M-F anyway.

stagi
Jun 28, 2007, 08:14 PM
What time are you planning on going, I was going to check out a few AT&T stores on the way to Oakridge, I would think that the Oakridge Mini store would have more than AT&T
I still don't know yet, I have been reading some reports that there will be tons of iphones and some that say less than a hundred per store. I think I will drop by Oakridge when they open and if there are more than 5 people already in line I might as well get in and wait? If no line then I will come back around 2:00.

creativetechguy
Jun 28, 2007, 08:19 PM
What are you all doing about needing to use the bathroom while waiting in line? Are there locations that have bathrooms available?

I mean I could go very early tomorrow but I'm worried about the bathroom issue. Any ideas?

How's Emeryville looking? How about any of the AT&T stores? Seems like there are a lot of those in SF and the East Bay.

Sal510
Jun 28, 2007, 10:06 PM
People who are gonna buy their iPhone in emeryville have a higher chance of getting one since their is an apple store almost right infront of a AT&T store so if u live in oakland go there

macftw
Jun 28, 2007, 11:34 PM
What are you all doing about needing to use the bathroom while waiting in line? Are there locations that have bathrooms available?

I mean I could go very early tomorrow but I'm worried about the bathroom issue. Any ideas?

The convention in these matters is that you're allowed to depart from the line for things like bathroom breaks and to get food. But that's it. You're not allowed to "hold a spot" for anybody else (except to actually swap somebody else for your spot in line, that's ok, hence the business of paying people to stand in line for you).

macftw
Jun 28, 2007, 11:49 PM
I've set up a twitter user id to track apple store / cingular store queue status during friday. sign up on twitter.com and just sms "follow ipSFBay" to 40404 and you'll get updates.

reposting as reminder. i'll broadcast updates during the day tomorrow so you can know when/if you need to head to a line.

as i looks now, it seems that the strategy to go for a cingular/at&t store looks safe. minimal queues (if any) reported. i checked with a sample of 10 stores before closing. latest (unconfirmed) info is that cingular stores will have on the order of 50-100 phones each and will only sell to 1 per person; Apple stores will have considerably more and will sell 2 per person. estimates of total volume going into retail tomorrow is on the order of 400K-800K. so in the end, supply may easily match the initial (6pm tomorrow) demand.

after friending with ipSFBay, please twitter updates you may have and i'll monitor the friends list and forward general updates.

good nite folks. and those camping out, have a geeky nite!

bigbadTKO
Jun 29, 2007, 01:05 AM
anyone know what the situation is at the valley fair apple store? if there's already a line? or how they are organizing the line tomorrow?

mbl42
Jun 29, 2007, 01:45 AM
Hanging out at iPhone line at Apple Palo Alto, pics from around 10pm and already the line is getting pretty long (crazy). Also, some dumb friends being imposters 1 and 2 in line.

http://mxlews.com/iphone/

Mac Pro 5GB
Jun 29, 2007, 08:27 AM
Here is the line at the Pleasanton CA store. Trent is #1 in line and Mathan is #2 in line. Mathan and I have a gentleman's agreement for him to hold his spot in line for me!

http://homepage.mac.com/lonnierobinson/.Pictures/misc/1.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lonnierobinson/.Pictures/misc/2.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lonnierobinson/.Pictures/misc/3.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lonnierobinson/.Pictures/misc/4.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lonnierobinson/.Pictures/misc/5.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lonnierobinson/.Pictures/misc/6.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lonnierobinson/.Pictures/misc/7.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lonnierobinson/.Pictures/misc/8.jpg

creativetechguy
Jun 29, 2007, 11:08 AM
So do you think if there are less than 50 people in line at an AT&T store, it would best to line up there rather than at an Apple store? I think it would be fun to line up at an Apple Store, but of course not if I end up not being able to get an iPhone. I can go to either store at about 1pm today.

Suggestions?

macftw
Jun 29, 2007, 12:13 PM
reminder - i'm monitoring at&t/cingular stores in south bay and will update on twitter (sign up on www.twitter.com and then text "follow ipSFBay" to 40404).

NOTE: i am only monitoring south bay. if anybody can friend ipSFBay and text updates for city and north bay locations, i will forward it. thx.

Doozy
Jun 29, 2007, 01:54 PM
Oakridge has 40 in line right now.

macftw
Jun 29, 2007, 02:31 PM
i just vlog-interviewed him. very cool. he arrived around 6:30 am and handed out t-shirts etc.

Doozy
Jun 29, 2007, 03:19 PM
I am off to wait in line. I will hopefully post my experience at my website through my soon to be obsolete Treo 650. I will be heading over to some AT&T stores first but if the lines are to deep. I will head over to Oakridge.

iamlindoro
Jun 29, 2007, 04:45 PM
I am off to wait in line. I will hopefully post my experience at my website through my soon to be obsolete Treo 650. I will be heading over to some AT&T stores first but if the lines are to deep. I will head over to Oakridge.

How is the Oakridge line now? I will be there are 4...

thabih
Jun 29, 2007, 05:38 PM
The AT&T Store on Market has about 80 people in line right now (3:30PM PST).

zyuzin4
Jun 29, 2007, 09:25 PM
According to the manager at the AT&T store on Hillsdale in San Jose, all of the AT&T stores in the San Jose area have sold out of physical stock. They were taking orders for whatever was left in inventory at "the warehouse" and were guaranteeing delivery by Tuesday. He said they "had a lot... more than 50 phones" I think I was 80th in line and there were at least 30 ahead of me when he came out to make the announcement

macftw
Jun 29, 2007, 11:30 PM
According to the manager at the AT&T store on Hillsdale in San Jose, all of the AT&T stores in the San Jose area have sold out of physical stock. They were taking orders for whatever was left in inventory at "the warehouse" and were guaranteeing delivery by Tuesday. He said they "had a lot... more than 50 phones" I think I was 80th in line and there were at least 30 ahead of me when he came out to make the announcement

The ATT stores were low on stock in general. The smaller ones only had 20 or 30 phones. The Apple stores seemed to be well stocked. The Valley Fair store still had plenty of phones in stock when I last checked there around 8:45 PM. They are open until midnight. Since the mall in general is closed earlier, I doubt if there will be much in the way of new crowds between now and midnight.

So, I would guess that anybody in bay area who's up for driving to the Apple store in the valley fair mall (south bay) will get a phone; with some risk that the 8G models will run out.

zyuzin4
Jun 30, 2007, 02:42 AM
I'll go to Valley Fair tomorrow morning and see if they have any

lar34
Jun 30, 2007, 06:15 AM
I went to In-N-Out at like 12:30 AM and I overheard from an Apple Store employee that the Oakridge location sold out.

WildClyde
Jun 30, 2007, 07:23 PM
10AM Saturday: Apple Store Corte Madera was out of 8GB; had 4GB

10:30AM AT&T Van Ness in SF did not ever receive any - they said the rumor was the other SF stores were sold out.

11:15AM Apple Store SF had plenty of stock and there was no line. I got one!!!

02:15PM Apple Store SF sold out. My bud Conor was bummed out.

zyuzin4
Jun 30, 2007, 07:25 PM
9:30AM Oakridge store out of 8GB had 4GB left
10:00 AM Valley Fair had both in stock and I left with an 8GB. There were about 10 people in line for a phone