PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Seattle, WA

gkorsgard
Jun 19, 2007, 12:56 PM
Anyone camping out for this in the Seattle area? I can't decide which store to go for!

tho
Jun 19, 2007, 01:06 PM
i will be too. though i'm not sure if i'm gonna go to an apple store or at&t one.

fireballer55
Jun 19, 2007, 01:18 PM
I will be, the only question is where? I live in arlington, and I thought my store(ATT) which Im friends with the manager there told me they weren't going to get any right away. Anyone know where there are corporate ATT store around? Thanks

Twiztedklown316
Jun 19, 2007, 06:54 PM
I live in Spokane, so I will have to go to an AT&T store here, but If were to be in Seattle or lived there, I would most definitely be going to the Apple store over in the U district. I always try to stop by there when I'm in town.

jackvalko
Jun 20, 2007, 01:59 AM
I've been scoping this out since the release date was announced. My store is picked, my time to show-up is set, I've found all of the free wi-fi available outside the store, cleared my wait plan with security, and have been showing my goofy mug around the store too so employees recognize me.

And if you think I'm going to share all of my insight with you, forget it! I want one of these buggers.

Adobo
Jun 20, 2007, 12:26 PM
Seems like the best place to go would be at a mall location for either ATT or Apple stores. No one can camp out in a mall before the mall itself opens up.

kellen
Jun 20, 2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I am thinking about doing it, waiting during the early morning or early afternoon.

Where in Seattle? No idea. Going to upgrade my plan in the next few weeks and try to get some news on the release.

Figure if I can upgrade now, get a phone for cheap (treo 750 or 8525) due to subsidy for signing a contract, then get the iphone and renew (only extending it by an extra week), I could ebay the phone and recoup some of the savings.

But where? I think Apple stores will be packed, so perhaps a cingular store.

Adobo
Jun 20, 2007, 01:56 PM
Thinking of heading there instead of U-Village because there are both Apple and ATT stores. If one's packed, head to the other one (I hope).

Anyone know when the mall opens up?

LeeTom
Jun 20, 2007, 09:41 PM
I'm going to the AT&T store on *****. I live 2 blocks away, it'll be easy. Guess I'll be there about 4:30 or so if any of you want to join. I'll be the guy with a huge coffee cup that stinks of whiskey.

FreeState
Jun 20, 2007, 09:46 PM
Thinking of heading there instead of U-Village because there are both Apple and ATT stores. If one's packed, head to the other one (I hope).

Anyone know when the mall opens up?

9:30 am

(The best way in is from the Nordies parking lot)

Adobo
Jun 21, 2007, 01:15 AM
Do you mean on the West side of the mall?

brooker
Jun 21, 2007, 01:51 AM
i'm trying to plan for seattle myself. luckily, i pulled in a huge bonus at work this week. Just in time!

now... where to shop, and when to get there... that may take a bit of planning yet. I like the strategy of the above poster, who made sure people knew the plan ahead of time. good hint!

minik
Jun 25, 2007, 10:58 AM
I'm in the Bellevue area as well. So both the Apple Store and AT&T Store are located on the ground (level 1) floor of Bellevue Square, the former one is near Nordstrom and the AT&T Store is right by Macy's.

I take that day off anyway. :cool:

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 11:05 AM
Yep, I'll be there. Got the day off as well. Going early to see if any line forms. If not, there's always Lincoln Square to watch a quick movie and then come back and check in a few hours.

Still thinking about U-Village though. I'm thinking they'd have more inventory, but at the same time there'll be more people.

minik
Jun 25, 2007, 11:30 AM
A movie day for me as well... although I don't plan to actually get the first revision, I still want to join the crowd.

The AT&T and Apple Store are way apart at the U. Village.

wellsws
Jun 25, 2007, 12:29 PM
I'm still unsure if there will be THAT many people lining up here in Seattle. Perhaps more downtown or U-Village. But, luckily I don't live near either of those. There are 2 AT&T stores within a mile of each other down my way along with a Starbucks so I'll be hanging around in the late afternoon until I'm highly caffeinated. That'll make it more fun. :) I just hope the rate plans are not stupid expensive!

loudog40
Jun 25, 2007, 12:43 PM
I have a feeling Seattle will get hit HARD... lotsa techies up here. Though, I'm not sure how many MS peeps will be brave enough to carry a new iPhone to work with them on Monday morning. :)

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 01:14 PM
I honestly don't think we'll have to worry about picking up product on Friday. But...I'm going to head down there anyways and see what's going on.

I'd rather be a mall rat that head into the office anyway.

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 01:17 PM
MS people worried about carrying their iPhone? Shoot. I'm worried about it. I'm trying to figure out how to politely say "FU" to whoever wants to touch it.

minik
Jun 25, 2007, 02:10 PM
Back then AT&T Wireless is based on Redmond, WA.. not sure about now. Not to mention, I live very close to the T-Mobile HQ.

jlseattle
Jun 25, 2007, 02:28 PM
From Apple's website it appears that the U-village store and the South Center Apple stores will have them. I'm debating and think that the South Center store will be less busy than the Seattle store. What u guys think?:apple:

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 02:42 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Southcenter would be less busy because of the clientele. There seem to be more high-schoolers running around there than other malls. And I doubt they have $600+ burning in their wallets.

I'm just picking B-Square because the proximity of an ATT store just around the corner.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 02:45 PM
From Apple's website it appears that the U-village store and the South Center Apple stores will have them. I'm debating and think that the South Center store will be less busy than the Seattle store. What u guys think?:apple:

I bet you the South Center store will be alot less busy and I wouldnt be shocked if Apple through some kind of _____ in the game and gave the UVillage store a little stock.

I don't hear people talking about the Northgate Mall AT&T Store. Yes that mall is under construction, but I bet you no one will be there so you all should give that a try too. And for the people who are thinking of going Downtown to Pacific Place for the iPhone, I don't think that will happened cause theres no iPhone display and plus the store is on the lower level with parking and that one of the main escape routes for a fire.

You should also give bellevue a try too cause no one will be there either only like 100 rich people and thats it. I'll be there myself.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Southcenter would be less busy because of the clientele. There seem to be more high-schoolers running around there than other malls. And I doubt they have $600+ burning in their wallets.

I'm just picking B-Square because the proximity of an ATT store just around the corner.

Haha another true point I forgot to put in my post about Southcenter. But for all you people who still doubt Southcenter, you should pray that JCPenny's has a sale cause then the mall will open at 5am-7am

malreynolds
Jun 25, 2007, 02:55 PM

Yep. I'll be there at Bellevue square too.

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 03:45 PM
Here's a funny thing about Friday. We'll all be lurking around whichever store watching for a line to start. The minute someone starts a line, there'll be 50 people jockeying for position.

valor
Jun 25, 2007, 05:02 PM

The U Village mall also has an ATT store. It's located off of 25th, above Pottery Barn. PLUS, it's open air, so you can camp out all night..

I'll be there in the morning.. ~9am.

Another thing to think about: the Apple store has free Wi-Fi.

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 05:13 PM
My first choice was U-Village. But the more I thought about it, a closed-mall would be better since no one can camp out inside overnight. I can get there at 9 AM and not have to worry about campers.

U-Village is a cooler store though.

See now you got me thinking, a few pitchers next door at the RAM while we wait for people to start forming a line.

gkorsgard
Jun 25, 2007, 05:41 PM
Adobo, I can't decide which place to go either! Do you think Southcenter will be a good place? Some of us should meet up. I thought about bringing my Segway to play on while I am waiting!

LeeTom
Jun 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
i can't believe any of you are going to the most obvious stores! there are so many at&t stores in the puget sound area that are getting them. the lines are going to be way smaller.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 05:58 PM
Adobo, I can't decide which place to go either! Do you think Southcenter will be a good place? Some of us should meet up. I thought about bringing my Segway to play on while I am waiting!

haha that would be funny if some of us met up haha.

ill be at the u village store and ill probably be the only 15 year old standing there with my northface on lol.

OH BTW EVERYONE it might rain!

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
i can't believe any of you are going to the most obvious stores! there are so many at&t stores in the puget sound area that are getting them. the lines are going to be way smaller.

LeeTom,

you have to remember that not everyone wants to sign up for a new line of service. I'm sure most of us already have service with AT&T, i know I do. Plus, if you go don't have a line of service and go to AT&T, note that it's going to take a bit to sign up for everything.

LeeTom
Jun 25, 2007, 06:04 PM
No big deal, I'll take the 20 minutes of activation over a 6 hour wait!

Ampidire
Jun 25, 2007, 06:11 PM
I'll be at Bellevue Square too; you guys doing the Apple or AT&T Store? Want to exchange cell numbers to meet up for food or something beforehand?

I don't think I'll be buying that day, I just want to give the devices a try; I'm out of contract but I still have to talk to my parents about making the switch; my GF and best friends are on AT&T so it shouldn't be that hard...

I also want to know how well it will interface with my car, if at all. I want to know if I'll be able to receive calls while it's plugged in to the HU, no word on this yet.

My names Tyler, and I'm a red-head, age 19 if that helps you guys pick me out in the crowd. I'm about 5'10" and I'm a little sunburn from my trip last week :D

http://www.myspace.com/option87
http://wwu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25915647

My hair is short too and I've been lazy shaving so I've got a beard :D

Anyway... should we have a MacRumors sign or something? lol.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 06:16 PM
I'll be at Bellevue Square too; you guys doing the Apple or AT&T Store? Want to exchange cell numbers to meet up for food or something beforehand?

I don't think I'll be buying that day, I just want to give the devices a try; I'm out of contract but I still have to talk to my parents about making the switch; my GF and best friends are on AT&T so it shouldn't be that hard...

I also want to know how well it will interface with my car, if at all. I want to know if I'll be able to receive calls while it's plugged in to the HU, no word on this yet.

My names Tyler, and I'm a red-head, age 19 if that helps you guys pick me out in the crowd. I'm about 5'10" and I'm a little sunburn from my trip last week :D

http://www.myspace.com/option87
http://wwu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25915647

My hair is short too and I've been lazy shaving so I've got a beard :D

Anyway... should we have a MacRumors sign or something? lol.

hahahahaha that was funny about the mac rumors sign thing. I'll be at an Apple store but now I'm debating between UVillage and Bellevue

And LeeTom I'm still thinking about the AT&T thing. I already have service and recently upgrade but my mom isnt too keen about letting me upgrade through AT&T.

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 06:19 PM
LeeTom, Good point. We are just thinking about the obvious places.

Honestly, I think we'll be ok though, wherever we get em.

Think about it. They are leaving the stores open till 10 or later. Do you really think they'd do that if they had a shortage of product?

But hey, we don't know. All I know is, I'm headed to one of these stores when it opens. Looking like B-Square.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 06:27 PM
LeeTom, Good point. We are just thinking about the obvious places.

Honestly, I think we'll be ok though, wherever we get em.

Think about it. They are leaving the stores open till 10 or later. Do you really think they'd do that if they had a shortage of product?

But hey, we don't know. All I know is, I'm headed to one of these stores when it opens. Looking like B-Square.

well i think theyre mainly leaving the at&t stores open until ten just to give us an idea that the activation process will take a bit because you have to get the phone then sign up for a new line of service and then pick out a plan and pick out the features and accesories and blah blah blah and as for the apple store you just go in get a phone get some accesories and stuff AND THEN don't forgt the option of how you want to get your receipt. They can e-mail it to you or print it lol.

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 06:39 PM
I've read a few things about activating the phone/choosing your plan at ATT. But I've also read a few things about activating over iTunes.

I can't really imagine having that many people waiting around trying to get their data/voice plans all figured out in the store while other people wait outside.

You'd think Apple would be a bit smarter about that whole experience.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 06:45 PM
I've read a few things about activating the phone/choosing your plan at ATT. But I've also read a few things about activating over iTunes.

I can't really imagine having that many people waiting around trying to get their data/voice plans all figured out in the store while other people wait outside.

You'd think Apple would be a bit smarter about that whole experience.

Yeah I've read about that too and if thats the case then I'll end up going to the AT&T store and just picking it up and I do know that the AT&T stores sell phones unlocked so I was wondering if you can just buy the phones without activating them at the AT&T stores or not.... I've been trying to get info about it but now people are starting to yell at me cause I get the same operators haha

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 06:54 PM
I'm going to call ATT in a few days to ask about my corporate discount. We get a 40% discount on hardware and 14% on service through my company.

I doubt they'll offer it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 06:57 PM
I'm going to call ATT in a few days to ask about my corporate discount. We get a 40% discount on hardware and 14% on service through my company.

I doubt they'll offer it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Oh i heard they won't offer discounts because of the price of the device. Not even the Apple Employees get discounts which sucks but I totally understand it because every penny counts when it comes to the iPhone and Apple.

Also, to my understanding, there won't be a warranty offered for the phone through AT&T which was a major thumbs down for me but hey... thats why that have cases and stuff but then the question of "what if an internal problem occurs..." will Apple have some sort of Repair Service for it??

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure my discount isn't going to fly. Doesn't matter, I was set on getting this thing since January.

They've got to offer AppleCare. This is a pretty major pieceof hardware for them. They even have AppleCare for the Shuffle, don't they?

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure my discount isn't going to fly. Doesn't matter, I was set on getting this thing since January.

They've got to offer AppleCare. This is a pretty major pieceof hardware for them. They even have AppleCare for the Shuffle, don't they?

Yeah I think they do have it for the shuffle and I mean what could possibly go wrong with that! I'm sure the warranty service is going to cost alot too. And same with the bluetooth earpiece. I was set on bringing just 700.00 but seeing all of the accersories and crap I think I might have to ask my mom for more!

xckid87
Jun 25, 2007, 07:11 PM
well im going to the apple store at southcenter. ill probably get there around 3 ish. why would you wait outside of the mall at 9 am and wait all day until 6 when they come out? and i want to know what plans are for the iphone!

taylorwilsdon
Jun 25, 2007, 07:16 PM
I'm staying close to U-Village this summer and theres an Apple store and a Cingular store in there, so thats my best bet. I'll do a once over when I'm going home the night before and if theres actually a line, I might go grab a sleeping bag.

Anybody around here going to U Village and wants to hold a spot for me for $20? :cool:

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 07:17 PM
well im going to the apple store at southcenter. ill probably get there around 3 ish. why would you wait outside of the mall at 9 am and wait all day until 6 when they come out? and i want to know what plans are for the iphone!

I'm still thinking about southcenter too. I mean the high school kids really won't be getting anything and that's all Southcenter is full of too but I want to know about the lines... how will that work.

taylorwilsdon
Jun 25, 2007, 07:21 PM
My first choice was U-Village. But the more I thought about it, a closed-mall would be better since no one can camp out inside overnight. I can get there at 9 AM and not have to worry about campers.

U-Village is a cooler store though.

See now you got me thinking, a few pitchers next door at the RAM while we wait for people to start forming a line.

Just went through the list and saw a bunch of people were coming out to U Village. I don't think its so bad, plus theres a AT&T store in the upper thing (across from Barnes and Nobles) if Apple is overflowing.

Near the Apple store, theres the Ram, Starbucks, Jamba, and if you're feeling greasy theres a Johnny Rockets across the way. Just bring a SUV and knock down the seats if you want to sleep there.

LeeTom
Jun 25, 2007, 07:22 PM
i'll be at the ******* at&t store.
it's right by my house, and a lot of bars nearby to get a drink, assuming people will be kind enough to hold my place for 3 minutes.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 07:23 PM
see that's what I worry everyone is going to the UVillage store because mainly it's popular! If I find out that AT&T can sell the phone unlocked, then I'm going to the Northgate Mall

taylorwilsdon
Jun 25, 2007, 07:27 PM
see that's what I worry everyone is going to the UVillage store because mainly it's popular! If I find out that AT&T can sell the phone unlocked, then I'm going to the Northgate Mall

Northgate is almost as close as U-Village for me, so I'm giving that a once over. I hate the Northgate Corp. Store though, everyone there is a douche. I've been in about 5 times and I've never gotten good service. I'd rather head downtown to Pac. Place where theres actually nice enough employees if I'm going to be in a mall.

There is no way they're selling it unlocked lol :cool:

tho
Jun 25, 2007, 07:30 PM
the apple store at southcenter mall is small. so i'm not sure if i'm gonna go there. but there are 3 corp ATT around so maybe i'll go to one of those.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 07:32 PM
Northgate is almost as close as U-Village for me, so I'm giving that a once over. I hate the Northgate Corp. Store though, everyone there is a douche. I've been in about 5 times and I've never gotten good service. I'd rather head downtown to Pac. Place where theres actually nice enough employees if I'm going to be in a mall.

There is no way they're selling it unlocked lol :cool:

Well the thing is, as stated in an earlier comment from me, I don't think the downtown PacPlace AT&T store will be selling it and what alot of people fail to realize is that not every AT&T store will be selling the device, so, before I leave that morning, I'm going to be giving every AT&T store a call to find out if theyll be selling the device and if I can just pick it up without service. If that plan fails I'll visit the Apple Store and hopefully they wont be packed.

taylorwilsdon
Jun 25, 2007, 07:35 PM
Oh,

Well, U-Village is my top choice. Its a short drive, I can get some friends to come out and there are two stores that will be selling it there.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 07:40 PM
Oh,

Well, U-Village is my top choice. Its a short drive, I can get some friends to come out and there are two stores that will be selling it there.

Yeah u-village is the closet for me so I'll probably get there at about 9-10 and bring my computer since there's wi-fi.

LeeTom
Jun 25, 2007, 07:42 PM
Well the thing is, as stated in an earlier comment from me, I don't think the downtown PacPlace AT&T store will be selling it and what alot of people fail to realize is that not every AT&T store will be selling the device, so, before I leave that morning, I'm going to be giving every AT&T store a call to find out if theyll be selling the device and if I can just pick it up without service. If that plan fails I'll visit the Apple Store and hopefully they wont be packed.

Every corporate store is stocking, the iPhone, and that includes Pacific Place. Even the smaller neighborhood stores in Ballard, Wallingford, etc. are getting them.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 07:46 PM
Every corporate store is stocking, the iPhone, and that includes Pacific Place. Even the smaller neighborhood stores in Ballard, Wallingford, etc. are getting them.

I was told by AT&T many times that Select Stores will carry the iPhone and the only reasons why I say the Downtown PacPlace AT&T store isnt carrying it is because they have no display for the iPhone jsut absolutely nothing and plus as I said before the store is ont he lower level and thats one of the main fire exits. So if every AT&T store is selling it then that changes everything for me a little bit.

taylorwilsdon
Jun 25, 2007, 07:59 PM
I was told by AT&T many times that Select Stores will carry the iPhone and the only reasons why I say the Downtown PacPlace AT&T store isnt carrying it is because they have no display for the iPhone jsut absolutely nothing and plus as I said before the store is ont he lower level and thats one of the main fire exits. So if every AT&T store is selling it then that changes everything for me a little bit.

pm'd you

Adobo
Jun 25, 2007, 09:15 PM
U Village is looking like the popular place. I'm not fully sold tho. I still think a mall may be the best bet.

Though a few or 7 pints sounds kind of good at the RAM while we wait.

Brandon2010
Jun 25, 2007, 09:26 PM
U Village is looking like the popular place. I'm not fully sold tho. I still think a mall may be the best bet.

Though a few or 7 pints sounds kind of good at the RAM while we wait.

Yeah I'm going to go to UVillage or Southcenter I finally narrowed down between those two and just bring my credit card and go shopping then stand in line and bring my laptop also but I hope I don't get robbed lol.

Brandon2010
Jun 26, 2007, 12:01 AM
I don't know why... but I'm starting to think ordering the phone online sounds alot more better than waiting inline... I mean... more shopping time!

malreynolds
Jun 26, 2007, 12:57 AM
For those who were unsure, I just went by the cingular store in Pacific Place Mall and they have signs up indicating they will be selling the iPhone on Friday. They also have a large iPhone display/kiosk inside the store.

It's surprising to me they haven't rebranded to AT&T yet.

/"\/oo\/"\
Jun 26, 2007, 01:24 AM
...alderwood?

Brandon2010
Jun 26, 2007, 02:04 AM
For those who were unsure, I just went by the cingular store in Pacific Place Mall and they have signs up indicating they will be selling the iPhone on Friday. They also have a large iPhone display/kiosk inside the store.

It's surprising to me they haven't rebranded to AT&T yet.

Oh so NOOOOOOW they put in the display. Two damn days after I'm there. Took 'em long enough. I'm still going to go to U-Village though

ryanobjc
Jun 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
I'm trying to decide - northgate vs Apple store U Village.

What say you? I'm sort of aiming for a store that might have less people at it, to increase my odds, but then again, smaller stores get less quantity.

malreynolds
Jun 26, 2007, 06:23 PM
So who's going to join me at Bellevue Square? It's going to be a fun day. :)

gkorsgard
Jun 26, 2007, 06:26 PM
So who's going to join me at Bellevue Square? It's going to be a fun day. :)

I just might join you!

Brandon2010
Jun 26, 2007, 08:35 PM
U-Village it is for me. I'm getting there at the time I was told to get there :)

spitfirelance
Jun 26, 2007, 08:47 PM
I drove to my local AT&T store to try to get some answers on stock qty and anything else and found an old high school friend working there. She ran my SS# (which pre-approved me). She also said she has heard of people waiting throughout Friday but will send me text messages as info on the phone come in as well as the amount of people waiting to buy one.

I will only be 10 minutes away as to get in the line for the number of iPhones she reports recieving.

Yeeeeeeee.:apple:

gkorsgard
Jun 26, 2007, 09:09 PM
I drove to my local AT&T store to try to get some answers on stock qty and anything else and found an old high school friend working there. She ran my SS# (which pre-approved me). She also said she has heard of people waiting throughout Friday but will send me text messages as info on the phone come in as well as the amount of people waiting to buy one.

I will only be 10 minutes away as to get in the line for the number of iPhones she reports recieving.

Yeeeeeeee.:apple:

I have a question. I am already an ATT customer. Do I need the credit check approval code if I am already a customer?

spitfirelance
Jun 26, 2007, 09:16 PM
I have a question. I am already an ATT customer. Do I need the credit check approval code if I am already a customer?

No, you're golden. Well, if you get one that is.

taylorwilsdon
Jun 26, 2007, 10:26 PM
U-Village it is for me. I'm getting there at the time I was told to get there :)

Whoa and what time was that?

Brandon2010
Jun 26, 2007, 10:36 PM
Whoa and what time was that?

oh no ive just been planning super hard lol. i'm getting there early in the morning and since theres a qfc there, i'll be stopping there first and getting all of my food needs out of the way.

ill be in my northface, im like 5'6'' and black and i'll be with my friends and hopefully ill have a good spot.

tho
Jun 26, 2007, 11:06 PM
i guess i'll be the lone representative at the southcenter apple store.

malreynolds
Jun 27, 2007, 01:08 AM
I just might join you!

Awesome dude.

I just went by the Bellevue store earlier today and they didn't know too much of anything. I asked how many they had, if they would be providing power for those lining up, etc but he had no idea.

He did suggest I get an extra macbook battery and return it after so that I would be powered up during the wait. Nice idea.

Brandon2010
Jun 27, 2007, 01:28 AM
Awesome dude.

I just went by the Bellevue store earlier today and they didn't know too much of anything. I asked how many they had, if they would be providing power for those lining up, etc but he had no idea.

He did suggest I get an extra macbook battery and return it after so that I would be powered up during the wait. Nice idea.

that's not a bad idea at all! i'm actually going to do that!

Adobo
Jun 27, 2007, 02:18 AM
So what's the consensus? U-Village? Bell Square?

I read something in here about Apple handing out wristbands to try and control lines.

I'm 50/50 on location.

One bad thing about U-Village is that waiting outside will suck if it rains like it's supposed to.

malreynolds
Jun 27, 2007, 08:23 AM
One bad thing about U-Village is that waiting outside will suck if it rains like it's supposed to.

I guess it depends on how nice the people at the Apple Store are :)

When I lined up for Star Wars I, I lined up for 14 hours. The first 6 hours were beautiful in the sun, and the last 8 hours was in the pouring rain. The theatre had brought out extension cords for all of us and we set up TVs and watched all the old movies and relaxed in the sun. When it started raining they brought out tons of garbage bags and duct tape. They gave us so much we actually built a tent by taping bags together and against the side of the wall.

Loads of fun, that was.

gkorsgard
Jun 27, 2007, 08:39 AM

Hey. Do you know what time the malls opens to mall walkers?

Adobo
Jun 27, 2007, 10:59 AM
For B-Square at least, they open up at 9.30AM. Not sure about Southcenter or the other malls.

tho
Jun 27, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hey. Do you know what time the malls opens to mall walkers?

10:00am according to their website.

gkorsgard
Jun 27, 2007, 03:51 PM
Is it crazy to go to U Village tomorrow night? Watch movies all night on my computer. I just have not figured out the bathroom thing.

Adobo
Jun 27, 2007, 03:57 PM
Is it crazy to go to U Village tomorrow night? Watch movies all night on my computer. I just have not figured out the bathroom thing.

Maybe a bit crazy, but who knows? You might be the smart one for doing it. I think I'm sticking to the Bell-Square idea. No campers the night before (hope not) and ATT just around the other hallway.

A couple of my buddies may be heading down to Southcenter though. Their reason is that it's not such an upscale mall and out of people's radar. The downside would be less quantity of product.

ZrSiO4-Zircon
Jun 27, 2007, 05:00 PM
Blah, unfortunately for me, car servicing fell right on top of the iphone launch, so I can't afford it this month! I will be heading to the BelleSquare Apple store after work though, seeing as I work nearby :p
That'll be around 5, so I'm gonna bet the line will be pretty long already. Haha, maybe I'll carry around my iPhone cutout and see how many people notice then proceed to hate me :)

ZrSiO4-Zircon
Jun 27, 2007, 05:02 PM
Oh and on Southcenter, there is a Cingular (AT&T, whatevz) store just down the street, too, against the freeway, just south and west of the mall.

taylorwilsdon
Jun 27, 2007, 05:09 PM

Might be a little crazy. Just go with a friend so that you can hold eachothers place if you have to get food/bathroom/whatever.

buedrow
Jun 27, 2007, 05:11 PM

I'll be there!

chilltown
Jun 27, 2007, 09:43 PM
Here's my thought:

I read somewhere that Apple made about 3 million iPhones for the launch. That's roughly one phone for every one hundred Americans, which, relatively speaking, is a lot of phones. I have trouble believing that 3 million people (1% of the American population) will go to the nearest apple or at&t store and stand in line until it opens at 6. Maybe I am totally off base here, but I think there might be enough iPhones to go around. For me, I think I am going to scope out some of the stores in Seattle and maybe get in line around 5pm or so.

Please tell me if I am totally off base!

pnoy20sik
Jun 27, 2007, 10:41 PM
So which places in downtown and u-village will be selling the iphone? Any help appreciated

minik
Jun 28, 2007, 02:07 AM
Plenty of parking space right in from of the U. Village Apple Store if you're early. I remember I was lining up for the launch of Panther there.

Anyway, stick with my plan for the Bellevue Square.. since I need to be in Redmond afterwards.

Brandon2010
Jun 28, 2007, 02:13 AM
So which places in downtown and u-village will be selling the iphone? Any help appreciated

just about every at&t and cingular store will be selling the phone and every apple store will also, but you must keep in mind the cute little word "inventory"

LeeTom
Jun 28, 2007, 02:30 AM
I'm going to a non-mall AT&T store. Screw malls!

louden
Jun 28, 2007, 05:38 AM
I don't think they'll be hard to get - but I think the reviews have been pretty positive, so that should get some fence sitters pushed toward getting one...

I'm thinking Redmond Town Center for Friday...

malreynolds
Jun 28, 2007, 10:46 AM
So, anyone planning to stay the night in an outdoor AT&T or U-village :apple: store?

gkorsgard
Jun 28, 2007, 10:51 AM
So, anyone planning to stay the night in an outdoor AT&T or U-village :apple: store?

U Village for me. See you there?

Adobo
Jun 28, 2007, 11:07 AM
Let's all hop in a Greyhound and head to Portland and get our iPhone tax-free. :D

Brandon2010
Jun 28, 2007, 12:39 PM
Let's all hop in a Greyhound and head to Portland and get our iPhone tax-free. :D

hahaha that would be tight, I'm actually going to portland in about 2 weeks but I'm not willing to wait that long lol.

I'll for sure be at u village. See you people who are going to u-v there!

Brandon2010
Jun 28, 2007, 12:41 PM
btw does anyone know if uvillage offers wifi or something?

Adobo
Jun 28, 2007, 12:51 PM
U Village now huh?

I'm still sold on the mall idea. I like going to the U Vill store but I've got a feeling that by the time I drive over there tomorrow morning, it'll be all "tent-city" or something.

gkorsgard
Jun 28, 2007, 12:53 PM
U Village now huh?

I'm still sold on the mall idea. I like going to the U Vill store but I've got a feeling that by the time I drive over there tomorrow morning, it'll be all "tent-city" or something.

That is true, but I thought I would give it a try. I am just worried about the whole bathroom thing! I feel like I need diapers like that crazy astronaut!

taylorwilsdon
Jun 28, 2007, 05:52 PM
Just went to U-Vill and nobodys there (obviously) but they're anticipating a few waiters.

joepunk
Jun 28, 2007, 06:51 PM
I wish I could be at the Alderwood Mall Apple Store for the event but I will be treking all the way to Vancouver Wa. and back.

My dad and I are picking up step-mothers grand kids for a weeks visit.

agirton
Jun 28, 2007, 08:13 PM
and counting..... Man I want to just go stand in line to hang out with some other hard-cores.:)

DeathChill
Jun 28, 2007, 08:15 PM
I know that Bellevue isn't all that close to Seattle, but I'm heading to the Bellevue Square Apple Store on Saturday morning to play with the iPhone because I'm in Canada and therefore I can't buy the iPhone yet.

Maybe I'll see some of you there~

pepp5
Jun 28, 2007, 09:52 PM
Just went to U-Vill and nobodys there (obviously) but they're anticipating a few waiters.

It's 7:50pm and right now at U-Village and there are 4 people that are here on the cement bench to camp out overnight, plus one lady who said she's returning to camp too. One guy said he's an Apple gadget nut, two are doing it for a friend, one of those is getting paid...

minik
Jun 28, 2007, 10:14 PM

No wonder Vancouver, WA is the fastest growing city in WA.. just heard it from KomoTV this evening.

I will stop by Bellevue Square later tomorrow...

sysiphus
Jun 28, 2007, 10:33 PM
If the iPhone wins my internal struggle against an N80, then I'll be at B^2 around 2.30 tomorrow afternoon.

Brandon2010
Jun 28, 2007, 11:08 PM
If the iPhone wins my internal struggle against an N80, then I'll be at B^2 around 2.30 tomorrow afternoon.

I advise you, don't get the n80! I have one right now and let me tell you it's a top notch device, but the dang phone is sooooooooooo slow. I thought the phone would get faster over time, but no it got slower and now it just freezes up on me. So please, it would hurt my feelings to see another person fall into the trap of Nokia's good looks.

jragon
Jun 28, 2007, 11:47 PM
It's 7:50pm and right now at U-Village and there are 4 people that are here on the cement bench to camp out overnight, plus one lady who said she's returning to camp too. One guy said he's an Apple gadget nut, two are doing it for a friend, one of those is getting paid...

I just drove down at 9:30 and there still weren't many people there.

Fast forward to tomorrow at 3:00pm and the line is going to stretch to Blue C Sushi ;)

TonySwartz
Jun 29, 2007, 01:11 AM
Bellevue Apple Store, around 4pm or so for me (after work). :-D I'll be in a shirt and tie...blue shirt most likely.

minik
Jun 29, 2007, 01:20 AM
Any twitter here?

I'm still using the Nokia 6682 (unlocked) and T-mobile Sidekick 3... of course still having a contract with T-mobile.

gamerply5
Jun 29, 2007, 01:26 AM
I'm gonna be at Bell Square around the time it opens. Most likely in a yellow shirt and blue track jacket.

zoetrope
Jun 29, 2007, 01:36 AM
I live in West Seattle so its a no brainer (in more ways than one) for me, South Center all the way baby. Keepin' it real on the south side, and hopefully small lines. My bet is the U-Village store - which is like the Apple retail Mecca for Seattle - will be very crowded by mid morning Friday. Also, here's a tip for anybody. There are very few 3rd party retailers for Apple products left, and God knows I hate their customer service, but has anybody given a call to the Mac Store in the U-District just on the off chance they might be selling the Jesus phone?

/"\/oo\/"\
Jun 29, 2007, 02:10 AM
word on the street is that alderwood is getting lots of phones, and if they're getting lots, u village will be getting even more. I seriously doubt u village or any of the other 3 area stores will be selling out of iphones (prove me wrong apple :) )

louden
Jun 29, 2007, 07:13 AM
word on the street is that alderwood is getting lots of phones, and if they're getting lots, u village will be getting even more. I seriously doubt u village or any of the other 3 area stores will be selling out of iphones (prove me wrong apple :) )

I'll show up at 4:00... I'll probably wear my Apple hoodie...

wellsws
Jun 29, 2007, 08:32 AM
I live in West Seattle so its a no brainer (in more ways than one) for me, South Center all the way baby. Keepin' it real on the south side, and hopefully small lines. My bet is the U-Village store - which is like the Apple retail Mecca for Seattle - will be very crowded by mid morning Friday. Also, here's a tip for anybody. There are very few 3rd party retailers for Apple products left, and God knows I hate their customer service, but has anybody given a call to the Mac Store in the U-District just on the off chance they might be selling the Jesus phone?

I'll be down that way too. Can't decide between the Apple Store at Southcenter or the at&t stores near by. I'm going to drive by around 4 and see what the lines are like. I saw on Gizmodo that people were lining up in small towns in Indiana for this thing! I'm starting to get nervous. Anyone trying to buy it online and forget the stores?

malreynolds
Jun 29, 2007, 09:56 AM
Nobody's here at the Apple Store in Bellevue. Same with the AT&T store. They've set up a place for people to lineup though. I guess I'm "first", although I'm gonna chill beside and let someone else take those honors, and be 2nd.

agirton
Jun 29, 2007, 10:00 AM
Well I am first in line at the Southcenter apple store, it is 8:00 and there are 5 people in line.

gamerply5
Jun 29, 2007, 10:08 AM
Nobody's here at the Apple Store in Bellevue. Same with the AT&T store. They've set up a place for people to lineup though. I guess I'm "first", although I'm gonna chill beside and let someone else take those honors, and be 2nd.

I'll be there in about an hour.:)

malreynolds
Jun 29, 2007, 10:26 AM
I'll be there in about an hour.:)

Scratch that. There was a line OUTSIDE Nordstrom. Do NOT line up at the Apple store. They moved us to the back of a line that was started by the Nordstrom OUTSIDE.

There are 25 people in line now.

wellsws
Jun 29, 2007, 10:48 AM
Scratch that. There was a line OUTSIDE Nordstrom. Do NOT line up at the Apple store. They moved us to the back of a line that was started by the Nordstrom OUTSIDE.

Yikes. Well, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. I think I'll try the at&t stores. Any ideas as to stock? If all apple stores are staying open until midnight and you're allowed to buy 2, wouldn't that make you think they'll have a lot? Anyone know how quick Apple would ship the iPhone if bought from their website?

malreynolds
Jun 29, 2007, 10:53 AM
Yikes. Well, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. I think I'll try the at&t stores. Any ideas as to stock? If all apple stores are staying open until midnight and you're allowed to buy 2, wouldn't that make you think they'll have a lot? Anyone know how quick Apple would ship the iPhone if bought from their website?

I heard that they had yield problems. So I would expect them to all sell out tonight. Of course you're hearing this from someone random online, so take this with as much confidence as you want.

malreynolds
Jun 29, 2007, 10:55 AM

Bellevue Square Apple store is up to about 35 now.

alephx01
Jun 29, 2007, 11:16 AM
Almost 20 people here at Pac Place AT&T.

Anyone know where the after party is?

sysiphus
Jun 29, 2007, 11:20 AM
Is the line still outside? I'm going to head down around 2PM, as soon as I get off work.

For Bellevue Square, that is.

LeeTom
Jun 29, 2007, 11:34 AM
Anyone seen U Village yet this morning?

ZrSiO4-Zircon
Jun 29, 2007, 11:42 AM
Argh! I'm so close to the BellSquare store! But I have work.... and no money :p
I will be stopping by though, just to see whats up.
Is there gonna be a macrumors group or anything? That'd be neat I think.

dwpeters72
Jun 29, 2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the updates, everyone. I cannot get away from work until 3:30p and am stressing big time about whether I will be able to get one. Planning on heading down to the Bellevue Sq. Store.

Anyone heard appox. how many they are getting?

Brandon2010
Jun 29, 2007, 11:46 AM
Anyone seen U Village yet this morning?

Si si .I'm here right now and theres about 80-90 people lined up already. Theres alot of news people here too taking interviews and everything. So yeah theres not too many but im sure theres more people here than any other location.

malreynolds
Jun 29, 2007, 12:01 PM
We're up to about 48 now at Bellevue Square :apple: store. I'm 20th or so.

malreynolds
Jun 29, 2007, 12:11 PM

First guy in line was here around 5pm yesterday, FYI.

taylorwilsdon
Jun 29, 2007, 12:12 PM
Si si .I'm here right now and theres about 80-90 people lined up already. Theres alot of news people here too taking interviews and everything. So yeah theres not too many but im sure theres more people here than any other location.

Ah **** thats just what I was hoping wouldn't happen. 90 people? They're gonna run out :(

LeeTom
Jun 29, 2007, 12:15 PM
I'm not calling you idiots or anything, but you might feel like one after you see the AT&T store in MY neighborhood. They've confirmed that they have iPhones in stock, and there is NO ONE in line (except me... but I live 2 blocks away so I'm mostly just chillin' here.) ha ha suckers!
(i took this about 9:55am)

taylorwilsdon
Jun 29, 2007, 12:24 PM
I'm not calling you idiots or anything, but you might feel like one after you see the AT&T store in MY neighborhood. They've confirmed that they have iPhones in stock, and there is NO ONE in line (except me... but I live 2 blocks away so I'm mostly just chillin' here.) ha ha suckers!
(i took this about 9:55am)

Where is that? Is anyone at the U-village AT&T store that wants to give me the 411?

LeeTom
Jun 29, 2007, 12:28 PM
Someone up there ^ said 80-90 people at U Village about an hour ago.
I'm totally not telling where my special AT&T store is! GOTTA get the iPhone!

taylorwilsdon
Jun 29, 2007, 12:30 PM
Someone up there ^ said 80-90 people at U Village about an hour ago.
I'm totally not telling where my special AT&T store is! GOTTA get the iPhone!

Well thats the U Village Apple store. The AT&T store isn't really in UV, its sorta on the outskirts. I hope nobodys there, but I might just go to Northgate. I'd rather be indoors anyways.

WiFiSpy
Jun 29, 2007, 12:35 PM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7403/iphonelaunchot2.jpg

Line at the Alderwood Apple store, about 30 people, I have been here since 6:30am.

Adobo
Jun 29, 2007, 12:42 PM

Which one are you? I think I'm number 45 or 46.

minik
Jun 29, 2007, 12:44 PM
It sounds 'intense'. Waiting indoor all the way as you know the weather.

LeeTom
Jun 29, 2007, 12:45 PM
Totally, like waiting in MY HOUSE for an iPhone. God damn I have it so good! YES!

alephx01
Jun 29, 2007, 01:34 PM
Have yet to hit 20 people here. AT&T is handing out water and snacks and "reading material". How nice of them.

minik
Jun 29, 2007, 01:43 PM
I will wear my 'iBoughtAMac' t-shirt there.. should be around 3-ish.

LeeTom
Jun 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
A line finally formed at the Capitol Hill AT&T store. 11:45am: 8 people.

malreynolds
Jun 29, 2007, 02:04 PM
Which one are you? I think I'm number 45 or 46.

Asian guy with black glasses on a black MacBook. Wearing a white blue shirt with a bluegrey blazer.

Is the line going outside? I wish I knew how many people were lined up right now.

elliottgray
Jun 29, 2007, 02:14 PM
Looks like this is going to be a wash for people who don't get in line basically right now.

It's going to get real nuts around 2pm when people start skipping out on work.

Anybody lined up at the redmond or issaquah locations?

taylorwilsdon
Jun 29, 2007, 02:17 PM
Looks like this is going to be a wash for people who don't get in line basically right now.

No way, somebody said the U Village store has 1300 in stock. That means (assuming everyone buys 2, which will never happen) 650 people would have to be in line for it to sell out. You couldn't fit 650 people into that area at all, people would be in the parking garage haha

pepp5
Jun 29, 2007, 02:24 PM

As of 11:30, a dozen or so at the AT&T at Redmond Town Center mall and 10 at the AT&T on Redmond Way near Blockbuster. (and the Mac Store in the mall looked lonely!)

agirton
Jun 29, 2007, 02:33 PM
As of 12:30 we have 40 people in line. Inside....... almost out the door.

Adobo
Jun 29, 2007, 02:40 PM
Asian guy with black glasses on a black MacBook. Wearing a white blue shirt with a bluegrey blazer.

Is the line going outside? I wish I knew how many people were lined up right now.

I'm the Flip in the back row. Bald. Black Macbook. Hungry.

minik
Jun 29, 2007, 03:05 PM
no parking space in Bellevue Square...ahhh

breakfastcrew
Jun 29, 2007, 03:16 PM
what is the difference between getting the iphone at a atnt store vs an apple store?? Are they going to make you activate it right away at the atnt store? or do you think I can wait

Bokay
Jun 29, 2007, 03:42 PM
what is the difference between getting the iphone at a atnt store vs an apple store?? Are they going to make you activate it right away at the atnt store? or do you think I can waitYou activate it when you get home via iTunes. It makes no difference where you buy it.

LeeTom
Jun 29, 2007, 04:21 PM
capitol hill at&t store only has about 20 people in line. still plenty of time to get one here, if anyone's wondering. 2:20pm.

Bokay
Jun 29, 2007, 04:40 PM
Any updates from the U Village Apple store line?

xckid87
Jun 29, 2007, 05:11 PM
apple store at southcenter isnt THAT bad

Brandon2010
Jun 29, 2007, 05:24 PM
Any updates from the U Village Apple store line?

as of right now, my estimate is about 200 or so people are now in line and the people keep coming and coming. My current spot in line is 68.

LeeTom
Jun 29, 2007, 05:37 PM
Cap Hill AT&T store: about 30 now. The manager keeps coming out to reassure us that he has plenty of phones for everyone.
3:30pm

rlavalle
Jun 29, 2007, 05:44 PM
Looks like about 60 people here at Alderwood.

If anyone hasn't chosen a location yet, I'd recommend an Apple Store if one is nearby. I hear that the at&t stores didn't get as many as they'd anticipated.

Edit: Good to hear there are enough at the at&t store.

buedrow
Jun 29, 2007, 05:55 PM
3:55p here at Southcenter. I am the last in line, just got here about 20 minutes ago. The line stretches from the Apple Store down toward the back entrance, outside, and is moving slowly down toward Macy's (!!) About 80 people in line I would guess.

http://www.erwilian.com/images/southcenter1600.jpg

taylorwilsdon
Jun 29, 2007, 06:10 PM
Theres like 25 people at northgate and its pretty chill. you could definitely show up at 5 and get an iphone.

LeeTom
Jun 29, 2007, 06:54 PM
60 people at Cap. Hill AT&T store. Manager said everyone in the line thus far will get iPhones. Still possible to show up here and get one, although it's possible that it will be 4GB's only by that time.
4:54pm

blehpunk
Jun 29, 2007, 07:53 PM
can someone let me know how it goes at southcenter? i got stuck, so i can't go until later tonight. I'm hoping they will still have some at 7 or later. i haven't heard of any other apple stores running out (yet).

SPG
Jun 30, 2007, 02:27 AM
Uvillage wasn't that bad. Showed up at 5:30 and was out the door by 6:30 with a phone. Curious if they ran out later. Anyone get denied?

wellsws
Jun 30, 2007, 02:36 AM
Ugh... well, at least I got an iPhone. Still playing with it right now. But, getting it was a bit of an adventure. I decided to try the at&t store down near South Center (the one near Target). I arrived around 3:45 and was about 25-30th in line. At 6pm, we formed a good single line and they let in the first 5-10 people. Within about 15 minutes no one else had been let in and the spokesman for at&t told us that they were pretty much sold out. What a crock!! You'd think that if they knew that their supply was small (probably less than 50) then they'd tell people so they weren't wasting their time outside. I'll give 2 positives though: The people in line were very fun and nice and the at&t guy did a fair job (even though it was pretty crappy of them to pull this over on us). So, I went to have drinks with friends and called the Apple Store at U-Village around 7:30pm. Got right thru to a rep and he said that the line had pretty much disappeared and they had lots of 8GB iPhones. I rushed over and I swear within 5 minutes I walked right out with an iPhone! So in the end, it was the one store I thought would be impossible to get thru that did the job! Good for them. Anyway, that's my story, now I have to get some sleep! Hope others had good experiences.

Ampidire
Jun 30, 2007, 04:14 AM
Was #like 300-400 or something in the Apple Store line at Bellevue Square and then I met the man in front of me, Dave and he said that if I ran to the AT&T store to check the line he would hold my spot and he gave me his # in case it was much shorter over there. It was. I ended up as #62 in line there with Dave and his friend Larry behind me.

We got the AT&T line at around 4PM and I didn't get into the store until about 7:25; walked out of there in about 10 minutes with my 8GB iPhone in hand.

They took really good care of us there; gave us water and cookies while we waited. Think I might have sold my 4GB Nano to a kid walking through the mall too; he's gonna give me a call if he's interested. That'd be a nice way to take care of some of the costs of this amazing device.

Sadly I haven't been given the go-ahead from my parents to open it yet. Well my mom in particular. I bought it with my own money and will even be paying for the plan on my own personal credit line; so I should be able to open it... but I do still have that umm, Verizon contract till September to figure out.

taylorwilsdon
Jun 30, 2007, 01:28 PM
you do realize that there is a timeframe for when you can activate it and your credit check only lasts a month if you are opening a new Cingular line or account

minik
Jun 30, 2007, 02:13 PM
I heard a shout-out for MacRumors from a guy in a Digg hoodies at the Bellevue Square. Wondering which member. Anyway, I was waiting at the 'service hallway'.

The iPhone is very solid to me. Sounds like a home-run if Apple broaden the cell. provider. *dreaming*

mickhyperion
Jun 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
I took a more casual approach and didn't leave my place until after 6pm. Took the bus (two in fact) and arrived at the U-Village store at 7:15. There was no line outside at all, just people lingering around with their big black iPhone purchase bags. I walked in and was greeted by several Apple employees at the door who directed me down a roped off corridor snaking around to the genius bar in back. There were lots of people in other parts of the store, but none were in line with me. I thought I had gone the wrong way when I got to the home stretch to the genius bar when two employees standing there assured me I was still in what used to be the line, but if I wanted they could sell me the iPhone right there. We stepped aside, did the transaction, and minutes later I was out the door with iPhone in hand. My total time from arriving at the store until walking away was 5 minutes! I feel sorry for those who waited all day. I'm sending this from the iPhone.

joepunk
Jul 1, 2007, 05:08 PM
yesterday while walking around the Everett Mall I noticed an AT&T store. I also saw an iPhone there along w/a sales person. Did not go in as I do not want someone selling me a cellular plan.

Will go the the Alderwood mall in a week or 2 to check it out.

note235
Jul 1, 2007, 05:26 PM
wait in line with my parents for about 1 hour
filled packed store

/"\/oo\/"\
Jul 1, 2007, 10:44 PM
I feel sorry for those who waited all day. I'm sending this from the iPhone.

waiting in line was more of an experience for me than just serving the purpose of making sure I got an iphone. The fact that apple got so many people nation wide out and waiting for this phone is, IMO, just plain silly.

Ampidire
Jul 2, 2007, 02:37 AM
you do realize that there is a timeframe for when you can activate it and your credit check only lasts a month if you are opening a new Cingular line or account

Oh yeah, I didn't mean I'd be waiting till Sept. I actually have my phone activated right now, did it today in about 3 minutes; new number, new contract with at&t.

Going to let the Verizon contract run up and in the mean-time I'll remove all the extra features from the line to make it cheaper.

minik
Jul 2, 2007, 01:39 PM
waiting in line was more of an experience for me than just serving the purpose of making sure I got an iphone. The fact that apple got so many people nation wide out and waiting for this phone is, IMO, just plain silly.

Honestly, it's fun waiting in line for Apple products. Sure your approach worked as well, but somebody wanted to be the first.

maokh
Jul 4, 2007, 01:12 AM
Looks like the iphone supply for the entire state is in limbo for the 4th. shouldnt have waited.

I checked the site tonight, and nothing is available. AT&T stores are, of course, been out for a while.