PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Tucson, AZ

jlanuez
Jun 19, 2007, 01:15 PM
Where will you be going and at what time?
(maybe we can shoot the BS as we wait!)

jlanuez
Jun 19, 2007, 09:39 PM
16 views and not one comment yet?
Come on, there must be some others like me in Tucson!

EriQ009
Jun 20, 2007, 12:12 AM
I'm in Tucson, but on the 29th I will most likely be in Phoenix, where I will try to get in early at an AT&T store.

If I am in Tucson on that day, I'm thinking AT&T on Broadway. You?

Brown Dog
Jun 20, 2007, 02:25 AM
I'm in Phoenix -- I'll avoid the Apple stores as that will be a mad house, I have downloaded the AT&T plugin for Google Earth, and have scoped out locations near Scottsdale where I work (on Scottsdale & Frank Lloyd Wright) or Chandler (probably the Gilbert location to avoid the mall). Not sure how willing I am to go early, so I'll see what happens...

MattyBwrx
Jun 20, 2007, 03:26 AM
Im in tucson also, I was thinking of the apple store in the la encantada mall or the cingular store on oldspanish trail/22nd. Anybody down to meet up :D

rfbandit
Jun 20, 2007, 07:01 PM
I'm down to camp at the at&t store on Old Spanish. What time do you wanna meet there? I'll bring the special lights and we'll run up Mt. Lemmon right after we get the phones, lol. (inside joke)

-Mark

MattyBwrx
Jun 21, 2007, 02:28 AM
lol Hey mark didn't think you where a mac kind of guy;) how have you been? PM me your number

The Bruce
Jun 25, 2007, 10:49 AM
Darn it! I thought that cingular store (oldspanish trail/22nd) would be unknown. There is going to be a huge line there. Well, I'm planning on lining up at 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM. Wouldn't mind to shoot the breeze, wrestle and stuff like that while waiting. Heck, if we have enough people there we can send out for Pizza at Peter Piper.

Be sure to bring plenty of water. The sun will be cooking us to the bone since the store has a "sunset view" out front.

I'll be the large 7 footer in line.

Erik "The Bruce"
:apple: ][e

kdbdallas
Jun 25, 2007, 12:41 PM
I am planning on a AT&T store in South-East Mesa. Anyone want to hang out in line? :)

MattyBwrx
Jun 25, 2007, 01:31 PM
Sounds like a plan bruce I should be there around the same time (12:00 or 1:00) I might bring my macbook and some dvd's to kill time with. I will be the skinny 6 foot asian lol if you want to meet before that to eat somewhere close pm or something. Also I can bring a cooler full of drinks/beer if need be.

anubis
Jun 25, 2007, 01:34 PM
Hey peepz. I'm planning on lining up at the at&t store on the 3200 block of north campbell. I'm afraid the apple store at la encantada would be a bad idea due to rumors of not being able to activate the iPhone in the apple store. It would suck to have to stand in 2 lines or for there to be a problem with online activation at home. Anyway, I have friday off from work so I was going to start standing in line at around 9AM. However, it would be fun to hang out in line with someone. I'd be willing to change stores but I don't want to get there much later than 9AM. Any takers?

MattyBwrx
Jun 25, 2007, 01:52 PM
9am is really early to wait in line in 106 degree weather i'm down to meet but not untill 11am. I plan on going to the 22nd store.

The Bruce
Jun 25, 2007, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a plan bruce I should be there around the same time (12:00 or 1:00) I might bring my macbook and some dvd's to kill time with. I will be the skinny 6 foot asian lol if you want to meet before that to eat somewhere close pm or something. Also I can bring a cooler full of drinks/beer if need be.

I am going to bring a cooler with some drinks. A cooler makes good seats as well. I hope they will let us line up there. It's a small shop on a small strip so they may tell us to take a hike.

Erik "The Bruce"
:apple: ][e

MattyBwrx
Jun 25, 2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah but hey there is always peterpiper, eb games, and target to mess around in before lines start forming. I would imagine that they would let people line up though.

The Bruce
Jun 26, 2007, 11:55 AM
Score! The IPhone is a go for me. I'll try lining up at the Ma Bell store (Cingular/AT&T) on 22nd and OST (Old Spanish Trail) sometime between 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM.

climbingirl
Jun 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
Hey peepz. I'm planning on lining up at the at&t store on the 3200 block of north campbell. I'm afraid the apple store at la encantada would be a bad idea due to rumors of not being able to activate the iPhone in the apple store. It would suck to have to stand in 2 lines or for there to be a problem with online activation at home. Anyway, I have friday off from work so I was going to start standing in line at around 9AM. However, it would be fun to hang out in line with someone. I'd be willing to change stores but I don't want to get there much later than 9AM. Any takers?

I'm planning on waiting in line at the at&t store... won't be able to make it here until after 3:30pm tho... I'm working Friday. I have to imagine the Apple store is going to be nuts!! Hopefully things will go fast at the stores now that they've announced you buy the plan from home!

anubis
Jun 26, 2007, 03:04 PM
I'm planning on waiting in line at the at&t store... won't be able to make it here until after 3:30pm tho... I'm working Friday. I have to imagine the Apple store is going to be nuts!! Hopefully things will go fast at the stores now that they've announced you buy the plan from home!

La encantada is certainly going to be a zoo on that day. I went to the apple store there about a week ago to ask the store personnel what they were planning on doing about crowd control, if mall personnel would let people camp out, etc etc. Everyone I talked to looked at me like a deer in headlights, as if they had never heard of the iPhone before and had no idea what measures were going to be in place. I get the feeling that it will be a mad house and that neither the apple store nor la encantada will have anything prepared as far as crowd control personnel, equipment, etc. I still think the north campbell store will be a good bet. It's in a strip mall parking lot so it shouldn't be too much of a zoo. Only problem will be sun exposure. Luckily the gf has an umbrella and I have a lawn chair. I think I'll bring a cooler full of water and soda and snacks.

The Bruce
Jun 26, 2007, 05:38 PM
Woo Hoo! 22nd and OST will have the iPhone.

I hope to see none of you there! :p :D

anubis
Jun 26, 2007, 10:22 PM
Just got back from the at&t store on campbell. I went in to get a credit check. They ran my credit and said I wouldn't have to pay a deposit. I asked them to give me the code so I could put it into itunes, and the guy didn't have a clue what I was talking about, so I left the store without a code. The only useful information I got from the guy was:

1. All of the store employees will have to report for training at 6am tomorrow morning for iPhone training.
2. I asked the guy if he thought they were going to sell out and he said no, they would have tons of iPhones for everyone.

MattyBwrx
Jun 27, 2007, 01:03 AM
Bruce I will see you there im going around the same time

The Bruce
Jun 27, 2007, 10:56 AM
Bruce I will see you there im going around the same time

Cool! I'll bring a cooler with Cokes, water and Gatorade. I'll throw in some snacky things too.

jcords@mac.com
Jun 27, 2007, 05:21 PM
The security at the Apple Store in Tucson is being run by the Mall. They are not allowing overnight camping and plan to start the line at 9am. I am planning to be there by then. It is of course outside.

bvanhaun
Jun 27, 2007, 09:23 PM
damn, i thought the 22nd/ost store would be unknown too. i guess ill see you guys there

MattyBwrx
Jun 28, 2007, 12:15 AM
Man I guess its going to be a mad dash for iphone's on the 22nd store j/k hopefully the get in more than just a handfull.

jlanuez
Jun 29, 2007, 01:33 PM
Quick post & photo from Broadway/Wilmot. (I'm at Bruger's using free WiFi on a bathroom break)

Been here since 7:15am, one other guy came at 7:4am. KGUN9 did a quick interview about how we use iPods (and now the iPhone in our business), that was nice. To see what I'm talking about check out our website at www.jeffreylanuez.com (http://www.jeffreylanuez.com)

Fed-Ex came at about 10am with about 5 boxes (don't know if they were iPhones or not???)

Here is a picture, sill just two of us and now its getting hot out here!

This is the highest volume store in S. AZ and only 2 of us waiting. There will be plenty here, so far.

anubis
Jun 29, 2007, 02:25 PM
ATTENTION ALL TUCSON PEOPLE: I just got off the phone with the AT&T store on north campbell and they indicated that only 7 to 8 people were standing in line so far. They have a tent outside for people. It's a thousand ****ing degrees out there people! Bring cold water and extra deodorant!

bob15487
Jun 29, 2007, 02:51 PM
oh man... i wish i was back home!

i'm from tucson, but am in MN right now... needless to day, the Mall of America is a bit crazy... 2 cops at the door, about 100 ppl in line (i think that's a bit high but what I heard...if I had to guess, I'd say 75-100...but expect that to grow a LOT with people starting to get off work early to come and wait).

my folks live in tucson now...far east side...i should tell my mom to get one and overnight it to me if they sell out here... Every Apple store has a line, and the ATT stores that I've seen do, too... gah!

there is no way i'm going anywhere near the mall of america today, but i might go to a mall that is close to me w/ an apple store (also has a line...a bit shorter...about 60 people, but it's growing fast...)

Mathieu Basiat
Jun 29, 2007, 03:15 PM
ATT Campbell store now has around 15-20 people waiting inline, and that parking lot is tiny!

rfbandit
Jun 29, 2007, 03:28 PM
Any word of the wait at La Encantada?

Mathieu Basiat
Jun 29, 2007, 03:36 PM
I couldn't get up there, but I forgot to mention the the Campbell store has a tent 12x12', for people to wait under, but it's full of hopefuls right now...

jlanuez
Jun 29, 2007, 04:42 PM
About 10-12 of us now. I'm taking my second break at Brugger's.
Here is a quick shot of my KGUN9 interview much earlier this morning, and a shot of the group from about 4 min ago.

The District Manager and store manager here are great. Store Mrg. with a few employees can out and gave us all bottled water, AT&T branded chapstick, and little logoed hand fans.

229someday
Jun 29, 2007, 05:57 PM
The Daily Star's website has a good tool with line updates from different locations.

http://azstarnet.com/special/iwait

According to them:
ATT Wireless 2220 W. Ina has zero wait
Apple Store has 58 in line as of 3pm
ATT 3286 N. Campbell has 5 in line as of noon
ATT 6145 E. Broadway, 8 as of 2pm
ATT 9565 E. 22nd, 24 as of 3:45

jlanuez
Jun 29, 2007, 08:45 PM
Waited at Broadway/Wilmot 11 hours. Was 1st in line at 7:15am.
Met some great people and had interesting conversation all day.
Staff was great, joked around gave us water, chapstick, fans.
Made a big deal that I was #1 and held up MY iPhone as I went running through the door (cute).

Got in at 6pm, out by 6:15pm (had to set-up a Family Plan and activate a second line, non-iPhone.

Got home 6:20pm. Says it may take up to 6 minutes to process the activation...

Oh no, got a message that says

"Your activation requires additional time to complete. You will receive an email confirmation sent to _______@___.com once you activation is complete. The wait continues...

Need to shower from being outside for 11 hours.
Hope it is ready for me when I get out.

Mathieu Basiat
Jun 29, 2007, 10:17 PM
was 34th in line at campbell store today at 4:30 pm

was in by 6:45pm, nice people in line, especially the girl from S.F.

i guess they only had 80 iPhones there, from what i was told...60 8 gig and 20 4 gig

my iPhone ROCKS!

johnsonl33
Jun 29, 2007, 11:20 PM
i too went to campbell.

i walked to the store from my house, saw a crazy car wreck on the way, arrived at the store right around 5, was 40ish in line, got in the store around 7 and was right out.

had to do some stuff. i am now trying to activate the phone, but i too got the "we'll email you when your activation is ready" message.

i called to see if i could help that along. they said everything went through fine, they are just backed up and i'll get an email when i'm activated.

jlanuez
Jun 30, 2007, 07:29 AM
Waited at Broadway/Wilmot 11 hours. Was 1st in line at 7:15am.

Oh no, got a message that says

"Your activation requires additional time to complete. You will receive an email confirmation sent to _______@___.com once you activation is complete. The wait continues...

Woke up early this am for a very long road-trip and IT IS LIVE!

jlanuez
Jul 2, 2007, 12:10 PM
Went back to the Broadway/Wilmot store to buy a case yesterday. The still have phones. Said they got up to 3x what other AT&T stores did in town.