PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Roseville, CA

LtCarter47
Jun 20, 2007, 09:54 AM
I'm debating between camping at the AT&T store on Douglas by Boarders or the one across from the Galleria. I have to go scope out the Galleria store today, if the parking looks right I'll be there. I want to be able to park my truck right in front of the store so I can have a TV and 360. The Boarders center won't work for that.

Planning on stopping by after work on Thursday to make sure no line is forming, and check back every hour if not. I camped out for the 360 and black Friday, so I've got some experience, and I'll be fully prepared this time. :)

DVNIEL
Jun 20, 2007, 12:03 PM
I'm debating between camping at the AT&T store on Douglas by Boarders or the one across from the Galleria. I have to go scope out the Galleria store today, if the parking looks right I'll be there. I want to be able to park my truck right in front of the store so I can have a TV and 360. The Boarders center won't work for that.

Planning on stopping by after work on Thursday to make sure no line is forming, and check back every hour if not. I camped out for the 360 and black Friday, so I've got some experience, and I'll be fully prepared this time. :)

Oddly enough there isn't much ruckus coming from the Northern California side of MacRumors. I'm in the East Bay, toaster is in SF, and we're the only ones that are saying things. If you want to get a good idea of where damage will occur in the Northern California, check craigslist and see who is selling their stuff and soul to afford an iPhone, you'd be amazed.

Honestly, I don't know why people would need to reveal they're selling their stuff for an iPhone, that would encourage me to not buy their stuff so they CAN'T afford one and I'll be one person closer to getting one.. hehe i know thats mean, but its Social Darwinism at its best

i am selling the nokia 8801 (unlocked) because i am planing to buy the iphone.
it is 6 months old with the box and manual

Recieved this IPOD, but already have an older generation and wanting to save up for the IPhone..

Sidekick 3.. only a few scratches.. selling it to get Iphone..
So many ringtones..
Downloaded 3+ games..

This iPod is in perfect condition. I have kept it well protected and there is not one scratch on it. I am selling to save up for an iPhone

Barely used, I've only had it two months. Purchased it brand new. I have two batteries, USB Cable, external battery charger. In perfect condition, no scratches, dents, or any damage. Going back to old phone and waiting for the iPhone

I am selling my nextel blackberry 7100 phone. I am selling it to switch to the new Iphone to go on sale on June 29 with Cingular

This unit has only been used once. I bought it to get into podcasting, but I don't have the time for it. This unit works well with Windows and Mac.
I need to get rid of this unit soon, need the money to buy an iPhone :D

Ahhhh that was fun=)

LtCarter47
Jun 20, 2007, 12:15 PM
Oddly enough there isn't much ruckus coming from the Northern California side of MacRumors. I'm in the East Bay, toaster is in SF, and we're the only ones that are saying things. If you want to get a good idea of where damage will occur in the Northern California, check craigslist and see who is selling their stuff and soul to afford an iPhone, you'd be amazed.

Honestly, I don't know why people would need to reveal they're selling their stuff for an iPhone, that would encourage me to not buy their stuff so they CAN'T afford one and I'll be one person closer to getting one.. hehe i know thats mean, but its Social Darwinism at its best

Ahhhh that was fun=)

Hah, interesting method! I'll have to keep an eye on those.

yayaba
Jun 20, 2007, 01:59 PM
Hey LtCarter, I'm from Rancho Cordova myself. Nice to see a fellow Sacramentonian here :)

Not sure if I'm picking it up day 1 or even at all just yet though. Still deciding...

darwen
Jun 20, 2007, 02:40 PM

Used to live there... now I am in Washington state. I would have been there with you though.

rSm00th
Jun 25, 2007, 12:08 PM

I'm out in Folsom, and I've been debating my launch-day plan for a while. I have the afternoon off, so I'll be prepared to hop in line should one exist.

I scoped out the Folsom Cingular at the Broadstone / East Bidwell complex, and all they have up for signage right now are a couple iPhone banners. I did not see the full-sized video mock-up I have been hearing about.

I have not yet been by the Citrus Heights location on Sunrise next to the FedEx Kinkos yet. I think they do good business there and so they would get a significant allocation of iPhones.

Anyhoo, glad to see I'm not the only Sac area fanboy. I'm really not anticipating too much iPhone-mania here in Sac, but I could be wrong... Maybe at the Arden Apple Store, but I'll be avoiding that location for sure. Hit me up and I'm down to meet up with y'all on launch day.

Rick

Stridder44
Jun 25, 2007, 02:45 PM
Haha didn't know there were this many other Mac fans in the area I might have to stop by just for hell of it.

harodude
Jun 25, 2007, 03:43 PM
Well hello there!

Im actually down in Elk Grove, so Roseville is the closest place listed on macrumors..

I cant wait to get an iPhone!

I'll never forget reading all of the rumors about "this new phone "Apple will be releasing, and NO ONE knew about it!

AppleIntelRock
Jun 25, 2007, 03:51 PM

Hey. I am going to the ATT store across from the Galleria by Chipotle! Maybe I'll see you there! I'll be getting there prolly around 5- or earlier. if a line forms at close, I'll be there :P

rSm00th
Jun 25, 2007, 03:56 PM
Hey. I am going to the ATT store across from the Galleria by Chipotle! Maybe I'll see you there! I'll be getting there prolly around 5- or earlier. if a line forms at close, I'll be there :P

Chipotle + iPhone = Crazy Delicious

gtree10
Jun 25, 2007, 04:18 PM
Chipotle + iPhone = Crazy Delicious
Double True

imisssefler
Jun 25, 2007, 05:11 PM

that's where i'm thinking of heading. please tell me you're not planning on going at 5 pm. its too hot to camp all day, i can't compete with you uber-diehards.

007bond4321
Jun 25, 2007, 05:30 PM
Any thoughts on which stores will have lots of iPhones and few campers? I live in Citrus Heights, and the store near Sunrise Mall always seems crowded.
I work in Folsom, and I just checked out the Broadstone location, and it seems to be a larger store with fewer people. At least there wasn't a wait like in Citrus Heights. SO... can anyone suggest a better store. Placerville, perhaps?? :)

rSm00th
Jun 25, 2007, 05:36 PM
Any thoughts on which stores will have lots of iPhones and few campers? I live in Citrus Heights, and the store near Sunrise Mall always seems crowded.
I work in Folsom, and I just checked out the Broadstone location, and it seems to be a larger store with fewer people. At least there wasn't a wait like in Citrus Heights. SO... can anyone suggest a better store. Placerville, perhaps?? :)

I'll probably swing by Broadstone around 2pm and then by Citrus Heights right after just to scope them both out. I would be quite surprised to see any large number of campers at either location.

EricNau
Jun 25, 2007, 05:38 PM
IIRC, the AT&T store in the mall is just a franchise - so no iPhones there.
...The store near Kinkos mentioned earlier is however, so that may be your best bet.

007bond4321
Jun 25, 2007, 05:45 PM
IIRC, the AT&T store in the mall is just a franchise - so no iPhones there.
...The store near Kinkos mentioned earlier is however, so that may be your best bet.

Thanks for the input.
I just seems like every time I need something over at the store by Kinko's I have to get a number and wait. At broadstone, I walked in and was offered help right away. I'll be checking back here for info on the lines at other stores so please post!!!

EricNau
Jun 25, 2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the input.
I just seems like every time I need something over at the store by Kinko's I have to get a number and wait.
Yes, from what I've heard that's true (unfortunately).

yayaba
Jun 25, 2007, 06:49 PM
Wow, didn't know there were that many Sactown Apple fans on this board. That's cool.

Is there an apple store inside the Galleria? Or is there only one inside Arden?

Hell, worse comes to worse you could always drive to Fairfield if there's one in the Westfield shopping center there. I've been there a few times but I can't remember if there's an Apple store inside there.

rSm00th
Jun 25, 2007, 06:51 PM
Wow, didn't know there were that many Sactown Apple fans on this board. That's cool.

Hell, worse comes to worse you could always drive to Fairfield if there's one in the Westfield shopping center there. I've been there a few times but I can't remember if there's an Apple store inside there.

Apple store is coming to the Galleria, but isn't currently there. I think the best bet is one of the officail AT&T stores spread out over the area.

EricNau
Jun 25, 2007, 06:52 PM
Nope, just Arden Fair.

yayaba
Jun 25, 2007, 06:55 PM
Ah, ok. Yeah I'm not expecting the iPhone to sell out here either but you never know. There's close to 1.5 million people I think living in this metro area so there's gotta be enough diehard people to pick this up ;)

Unfortunately I'm going camping starting Friday all the way until Sunday so I won't even be able to read up on first impressions. But if everything turns out OK and this thing is a hit, then I'll definitely pick one up next week.

AppleIntelRock
Jun 25, 2007, 07:24 PM
Apple store is coming to the Galleria, but isn't currently there. I think the best bet is one of the officail AT&T stores spread out over the area.

right. after the add-on the apple store will be FIVE minutes from my house!!!! ahhhhh!
:apple: pwr!

AppleIntelRock
Jun 25, 2007, 07:54 PM
Alright so, people going to the AT&T select store across from the Roeville Galleria next to Chipotle:
when are you getting there?
what are you bringing?
should we have a MacRumors meetup?

LtCarter47
Jun 25, 2007, 11:33 PM

WHOAH! Wait just a second, where did you hear that!?! I think I might explode. That would be AWESOME. I live just off harding, so that's literally a couple minute drive.

LtCarter47
Jun 25, 2007, 11:39 PM
Alright so, people going to the AT&T select store across from the Roeville Galleria next to Chipotle:
when are you getting there?
what are you bringing?
should we have a MacRumors meetup?

Wow, this thread really picked up since the first couple posts I read. I am definitely going to the one across from galleria now. I actually went in there today and asked about getting some power from inside via extension cord, I'd like to bring a big TV and a 360 for games and movies. Manager wasn't in though, so no answer on that yet. I plan on stopping by thursday evening just in case, and I'll be checking throughout the night in case a line starts to form.

If we plan on getting together maybe we should trade email addresses so we can notify each other if we see a line forming earlier than expected.

As for your questions:
I'll be checking for a line starting the day before in the afternoon, and if I feel paranoid enough I may just start it myself. Also, if I get the go ahead to use an extension cord to get power from inside, I'll pretty much have to be there at the closing time on thursday to get that set up.

I'm bringing:
pillows (in case a night operation is at hand)
Folding chair
my macbook and DVDs (possibly my TV and 360 should the power be available) (Also, I wonder if AT&T has free wifi at their stores....can someone confirm? I may test that tomorrow after work.)
PSP
Stuff to read
Zune (yeah yeah, so I lost my iPod and I'm a Halo fan...you can rail on me Friday in person, lol)
A cooler with lots of water and cold drinks
Snacks of some kind
That's all I got at the moment.

LtCarter47
Jun 26, 2007, 12:11 AM
Yikes, glad I don't plan on going to that store....
http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/06/25/iphone.lineups.begin/

I really hope it's not that bad here in roseville. I get paranoid about that every-time something like this happens, 360 Launch, Black Friday, PS2. I've bee lucky so far. It better not run out on me now.

Update: Paranoia averted. Swung by on the way to work, no line yet. I had a dream last night there was.

rSm00th
Jun 26, 2007, 11:47 AM
i'd be more than willing to swamp emails/phone #'s in order to keep up-to-date on launch day activities.

AppleIntelRock
Jun 26, 2007, 01:35 PM
anyone going to the att store by chipotle and the galleria- pm me.

LtCarter47
Jun 26, 2007, 09:32 PM
They've set up the cones marking off where the line will be. It will be on the side of the store facing REI. So that means the sun will be on us all day.

I stopped at wal-mart and picked up an EZ-UP for some shade.

Still no manager available today to get an answer on power. I got the store number and was told an assistant manager will be in tomorrow though, so I'll try to call him then.

AppleIntelRock
Jun 26, 2007, 10:26 PM
They've set up the cones marking off where the line will be. It will be on the side of the store facing REI. So that means the sun will be on us all day.

I stopped at wal-mart and picked up an EZ-UP for some shade.

Still no manager available today to get an answer on power. I got the store number and was told an assistant manager will be in tomorrow though, so I'll try to call him then.

I talked to a manager today and he said NO power. I haven't seen the cones since I got there at open today. I'll cruise by later and check them out. I'll bring an ice chest if anyone can bring drinks: :cool:
PM me so we can exchange numbers and keep up to date. I'm getting there at close on Thursday: pending the line. We'll see. Going to Wal Mart today as well to get some stuff, I'll try and provide more shade.

w00t!

rSm00th
Jun 26, 2007, 10:43 PM
Cones already? That's nuts... I'm going to head to Broadstone right now and scope it out.

AppleIntelRock
Jun 26, 2007, 11:26 PM
Here are some images of the iLine at the AT&T store across form the Galleria.
PM me if you're going and we will exchange numbers.
images of teh iLine™ (http://web.mac.com/michaellines/iWeb/Site%2023/04566234-FECB-49BF-AFE5-7B153CEA5E15.html)

imisssefler
Jun 26, 2007, 11:30 PM
anyone know how many they're planning on getting? i was considering lining up around 10-12 friday and i really hope that wont be too late.

AppleIntelRock
Jun 26, 2007, 11:32 PM
anyone know how many they're planning on getting? i was considering lining up around 10-12 friday and i really hope that wont be too late.

10-12 is when I'm getting there!
THURSDAY NIGHT :p :p :p :p :p :p

rSm00th
Jun 26, 2007, 11:47 PM
OK just confirmed no line or materials for making a line outside the Broadstone complex. I guess all of our calls to Roseville have them nervous...

i3N
Jun 27, 2007, 01:54 AM
I will be camping my cracker ass on friday at one of the folsom locations. Any one know which one will be "less busy" (i know, as stupid as it sounds) or perhaps which one will have more iphones? I will be bringing my MBP and a video cammera to document the event -propper. Also, i have a hook up at the gamestop close by (if broadstone location proves to be legit), so we may be able to have bathroom access if i sweettalk my friends who run the joint. Further-more, Who's down for some pizza? was thinking of just ordering in food all day, if i can get it offa work. any who, let me know whats up...

you know... maybe i want a zune....

HA just kidding...<vomit>

rSm00th
Jun 27, 2007, 08:40 AM
I will be camping my cracker ass on friday at one of the folsom locations. Any one know which one will be "less busy" (i know, as stupid as it sounds) or perhaps which one will have more iphones? I will be bringing my MBP and a video cammera to document the event -propper. Also, i have a hook up at the gamestop close by (if broadstone location proves to be legit), so we may be able to have bathroom access if i sweettalk my friends who run the joint. Further-more, Who's down for some pizza? was thinking of just ordering in food all day, if i can get it offa work. any who, let me know whats up...

you know... maybe i want a zune....

HA just kidding...<vomit>

I'll be swinging by Broadstone around 1 or 2 on Friday. If there's no line, I'll come back later. No sense in sitting in the sun for nothing!

LtCarter47
Jun 27, 2007, 09:53 AM
So far so good, as of 7:30 this morning still no line at Galleria

AppleIntelRock
Jun 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
no line at galleria @ 4:30 PM.

The manager said they were getting 60 four gig's and 80 eight gig's. who knows?

LtCarter47
Jun 27, 2007, 07:27 PM

Wow, that's more than double what I was expecting. Let's hope it's true.

Now, brace yourselves for some AWESOME BREAKING NEWS!

Braced?

I got POWER!!!!!!!!!!

The dude that (I think) runs the Wine Merchant next door was super cool when I asked him about it and said he didn't think it would be a problem. I've gathered 4 long extension cords that should make the run nicely. So my plan at this point is to head over there at about 4ish on thursday and get us hooked up and run the cord around back. I won't start a line if there isn't one already.

So anyway, big thanks are going to go to the Wine Guy, I'll probably get a few bottles from him friday night and I'm going to get a thank you card.

I'll have a power strip for my gear, and if anyone has anything they want to plug in, I might have some extra plugs, but you might want to bring another just in case.

rSm00th
Jun 27, 2007, 08:13 PM

That's pretty good news if it holds up. Hell, even half that isn't too shabby. I'll be swinging by Broadstone later tonight, I'll post a report then.

Just 48 hours to go!

AppleIntelRock
Jun 28, 2007, 12:34 AM
well, at 10:33 PM on Wednesday June 27, 2007- I am offically in teh iLine for teh iFone™.
-AppleIntelRock

imisssefler
Jun 28, 2007, 12:39 AM
well, at 10:33 PM on Wednesday June 27, 2007- I am offically in teh iLine for teh iFone™.
-AppleIntelRock

you're kidding me? are you at the front? how many other people are there?

AppleIntelRock
Jun 28, 2007, 12:40 AM
you're kidding me? are you at the front? how many other people are there?

one

rSm00th
Jun 28, 2007, 08:46 AM
-AppleIntelRock

Wow that's pretty die-hard! Maybe I'll swing by this evening and say whats up!

AppleIntelRock
Jun 28, 2007, 09:02 AM
Wow that's pretty die-hard! Maybe I'll swing by this evening and say whats up!

you should! bring me an extra laptop battery as well :p. Die hard? Mac fine? Me?
No.... (denial is the best medicine, don't admit it michael... )

rSm00th
Jun 28, 2007, 02:06 PM
you should! bring me an extra laptop battery as well :p. Die hard? Mac fine? Me?
No.... (denial is the best medicine, don't admit it michael... )

How's the wait? Anyone else show up? Only 30 hours to go!

LtCarter47
Jun 28, 2007, 07:48 PM
Appleintelrock and I are 3rd and 4th in line right now. There's about 10-14 or so here. We're watching 300 right now. Getting lots of puzzled looks. I love camping.

imisssefler
Jun 28, 2007, 08:03 PM
Appleintelrock and I are 3rd and 4th in line right now. There's about 10-14 or so here. We're watching 300 right now. Getting lots of puzzled looks. I love camping.

any word on how many that store is getting?

rSm00th
Jun 28, 2007, 08:05 PM

15 people already? That's hard core... I definity did not expect that.

wernn07
Jun 28, 2007, 08:08 PM
Does anyone know if a line has started at the folsom store at broadstone? Or does anyone plan on starting a line at that location?

rSm00th
Jun 28, 2007, 08:10 PM
Does anyone know if a line has started at the folsom store at broadstone? Or does anyone plan on starting a line at that location?

I will swing by there around 8 tonight and post an update... I will be starting there at 2-3pm tomorrow regardless

wernn07
Jun 28, 2007, 08:23 PM
I can't be there until like 4:30 at the earliest....looking forward to that update, thanks.

El Carbonite
Jun 28, 2007, 08:25 PM
How bad will the line be at the Galleria location tomorrow afternoon you think? Is the Douglas store selling iPhones too?

rSm00th
Jun 28, 2007, 08:26 PM
How bad will the line be at the Galleria location tomorrow afternoon you think? Is the Douglas store selling iPhones too?

Douglas is on the official AT&T list. So is Citrus Heights.

007bond4321
Jun 28, 2007, 08:41 PM

No line at Broadstone as of ~4:50pm today. There are ropes marking off a spot, tho. Looked kinda like a security guy in front of the door to the back room. Could just be my imagination:)

Citrus Heights: No line either (5:30) - I didn't check inside.

Why is the Galleria so popular? I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the big screen tv.... Good luck all!

PS: Don't everybody get in line now! There's no rush ;)

El Carbonite
Jun 28, 2007, 08:42 PM
I just called the Galleria store, and she told me they were getting a shipment - bigger than a toaster, but smaller than a bike.

rSm00th
Jun 28, 2007, 08:57 PM
I just called the Galleria store, and she told me they were getting a shipment - bigger than a toaster, but smaller than a bike.

She must not understand the basic units of measure that most of use; mainly, numbers.

LtCarter47
Jun 28, 2007, 09:05 PM
Apple intel rock is uploading new pictures right now, He's gonna post them in a minute. I love that toaster/bike comment, lol. Don't know why this store is so busy. We're just happy the weather is really nice right now.

rSm00th
Jun 28, 2007, 09:05 PM
Apple intel rock is uploading new pictures right now, He's gonna post them in a minute. I love that toaster/bike comment, lol. Don't know why this store is so busy. We're just happy the weather is really nice right now.

Yeah I think we all lucked out... it's only supposed to be in the mid 80's tomorrow... perfect line-sitting weather!

AppleIntelRock
Jun 28, 2007, 09:23 PM
here are the images of our campout- we're doing it big, MacRumors Style
(http://web.mac.com/michaellines/iWeb/Site%2026/Photos.html)
:cool: :cool: :cool: :apple: pwr

El Carbonite
Jun 28, 2007, 09:27 PM
How big was the box of iPhone's?

007bond4321
Jun 28, 2007, 09:31 PM
How big was the box of iPhone's?

ditto.

Also, out of curiosity: any word on the status of lines/iPhones at Arden Fair?

AppleIntelRock
Jun 28, 2007, 09:37 PM
iPhone box size: we've confirmed that we have 90 phones (a fellow waiter's brother works for big blue) and the shipment was bigger than a toaster, but smaller than a bike.

Arden: We know there is already a line forming at a particular entrance with campers who have been there since last night- that's as far as my information stretches.

rSm00th
Jun 28, 2007, 10:12 PM
Ok so back from Broadstone... no line whatsoever. However, there are now chains up as reported earlier. I hope everyone has a killer time out in Roseville tonight!

Less than 24 hours to go...

macnerd77
Jun 29, 2007, 01:52 AM
the line at the apple store in arden fair mall is not too long about 15 of us here. seems like some of the people are just here hanging with friends. So i am thinking that maybe 10 iphone will be sold in this group. people should come on down the mall security is letting us line up right at apples door. and the ropes lead straight to the door it is totally blocked by the ropes. there does not seem to be a way for customers to get into the store in the morning. Hmmmm maybe us that wait in line over night will get to purchase a phone in the morning. I would be so freakin happy. :-)

AppleIntelRock
Jun 29, 2007, 02:09 AM
As you know we're doing it big here across from the Roseville Galleria- Halo tournaments on a 42" plasma, air mattresses, fans, it's essentially a party in front of the AT&T store.
I'd say anyone thinking about it could come tomorrow morning and easily get an iPhone- however don't quote me on that. I'd say by 4 or so we'll have enough to sell out- but then again I could easily be wrong. I'll post back later.
-AppleIntelRock (but the iPhone rocks EVEN more!!!) :cool: :cool: :cool:

:apple: pwr

El Carbonite
Jun 29, 2007, 02:15 AM
I might go to the Citrus Heights or Douglas store instead if the line isn't too bad there.

imisssefler
Jun 29, 2007, 02:31 AM
I might go to the Citrus Heights or Douglas store instead if the line isn't too bad there.

swung by the douglas store around an hour ago. line was about 3 dudes.

El Carbonite
Jun 29, 2007, 02:34 AM
I'm thinking my best bet would be the Citrus Heights store.

LtCarter47
Jun 29, 2007, 02:53 AM
I'm thinking my best bet would be the Citrus Heights store.

I heard that was the busiest one.... you mean sunrise near kinkos?

El Carbonite
Jun 29, 2007, 02:56 AM
There's a store near Natomas - Truxel Road. Maybe that store won't be too busy, but it is a bit far. I'll check the lines in the morning to see how they are.

LtCarter47
Jun 29, 2007, 08:11 AM
Good morning all! Wow, if you weren't with us last night, you missed all the fun! Allow me to sum it up:

Many drinking
1 harassing truck making multiple passes
1 thrown beer bottle
1 broken beer bottle
1 shouty confrontation
4 police officers
1 arrest, almost 2
1 overtime in an epic Madden game
1 viewing of Serenity in HD
3 hours of sleep

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 08:27 AM
Good morning all! Wow, if you weren't with us last night, you missed all the fun! Allow me to sum it up:

Many drinking
1 harassing truck making multiple passes
1 thrown beer bottle
1 broken beer bottle
1 shouty confrontation
4 police officers
1 arrest, almost 2
1 overtime in an epic Madden game
1 viewing of Serenity in HD
3 hours of sleep

Crazy! Did the line grow at all?

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 08:28 AM
I heard that was the busiest one.... you mean sunrise near kinkos?

But dont forget... busier = more sales = larger iPhone allocation. Or one would assume...

SafariX
Jun 29, 2007, 08:39 AM
But dont forget... busier = more sales = larger iPhone allocation. Or one would assume...

Is anyone in line at Arden now? or natomas ATT? How big are the lines this morning?

LtCarter47
Jun 29, 2007, 08:53 AM
Crazy! Did the line grow at all?

Maybe 3 last night

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 11:07 AM
Any news regarding the Broadstone location? It's killing me sitting here at work... 2pm seems soooo far away at this point :(

Wakerider30
Jun 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
Has anyone been buy the Fair Oaks ATT store to see if there is a line there? I'm the same boat....it's killing me being at work. I'm leaving at 2:30 to get in line...I just hope it's not too late.

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 11:19 AM
Has anyone been buy the Fair Oaks ATT store to see if there is a line there? I'm the same boat....it's killing me being at work. I'm leaving at 2:30 to get in line...I just hope it's not too late.

I'm assuming you mean the Citrus Heights one next to the Kinkos on Sunrise? Someone reported no line as of last night...

Wakerider30
Jun 29, 2007, 11:44 AM
No, the location on Fair Oaks @ Howe Ave. Across from the Pavilions Shopping Center.

Wakerider30
Jun 29, 2007, 11:56 AM
Well, the Fair Oaks location already has 40 people or so out there, so it looks like I'll be going to the Sunrise location...we're in this together.

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 12:03 PM
Well, the Fair Oaks location already has 40 people or so out there, so it looks like I'll be going to the Sunrise location...we're in this together.

40? Wow this is shaping up to be larger than I sure expected. I'll be posting a report from my blackberry as soon as I get out to Folsom.

OT2000
Jun 29, 2007, 12:40 PM

there's 9 people at AT&T on Howe & Fair Oaks. I don't know where you got 40 from.

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 12:42 PM
there's 9 people at AT&T on Howe & Fair Oaks. I don't know where you got 40 from.

Big sigh of relief...

AppleGuy08
Jun 29, 2007, 12:48 PM
Ugh damnit...there is a store over here on auburn and madison. Only thing is, i dont have ne money! lol. wow. i hella want an iphone, but its one of those things that ill prolly never have. :(

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 12:50 PM
Ugh damnit...there is a store over here on auburn and madison. Only thing is, i dont have ne money! lol. wow. i hella want an iphone, but its one of those things that ill prolly never have. :(

have you seen a line outside today?

El Carbonite
Jun 29, 2007, 12:51 PM
How are the lines at the Galleria, Douglas, and Citrus Heights store?

SafariX
Jun 29, 2007, 12:52 PM
Theres 7 of us at Natomas ATT. Any idea on the crowd at Apple arden fair?

Wakerider30
Jun 29, 2007, 12:56 PM
I called and talked to guy at ATT store on fair oaks, he told me there were 40+ people outside...what an *******.

Wakerider30
Jun 29, 2007, 12:59 PM
Does anyone have any ideas...or even guesses at the quantity of units these stores are getting??

OT2000
Jun 29, 2007, 01:00 PM
I called and talked to guy at ATT store on fair oaks, he told me there were 40+ people outside...what an *******.

LOL. it's probably because he's been bombarded with calls. No big deal.

Where is the line at Arden started from? Are you guys inside the mall with lounge chairs?

AppleGuy08
Jun 29, 2007, 01:07 PM
nope, i havent been over. Its a cingular store though. Aernt they one in the same now?

AppleGuy08
Jun 29, 2007, 01:08 PM
how many ppl are in line at the arden apple store?

AppleGuy08
Jun 29, 2007, 01:59 PM
hey you guys, my mom was just in the downtown mall five minutes ago and she told me they only have 8 people waiting outside the att store! just thought id let you guys know.

curitibagarrett
Jun 29, 2007, 02:46 PM
I went just by the Folsom store and only saw about 15 people in line.

El Carbonite
Jun 29, 2007, 03:56 PM
How many people are at the Natomas store?

SafariX
Jun 29, 2007, 04:04 PM
12 currently.

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 04:24 PM
Ok in line at broadstone. Probably 30 people here. 4 hours to go, I sure hope they have enough!

007bond4321
Jun 29, 2007, 04:29 PM
Ok in line at broadstone. Probably 30 people here. 4 hours to go, I sure hope they have enough!

Keep me posted on the line! Be there in an hour...

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 04:44 PM
Keep me posted on the line! Be there in an hour...

Alright I'm in jeans and a white t-shirt. Just ask for Rick!

007bond4321
Jun 29, 2007, 05:20 PM
Alright I'm in jeans and a white t-shirt. Just ask for Rick!

Sweet. Any word on WiFi access??

LtCarter47
Jun 29, 2007, 08:38 PM
Activating! Yay!!!!!

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 09:32 PM
... activating my 8gb right now... this is going slow as ****!

LtCarter47
Jun 29, 2007, 09:35 PM
... activating my 8gb right now... this is going slow as ****!

Wow, really? Mine took like maybe 5 minutes max

AppleIntelRock
Jun 29, 2007, 10:24 PM
Wow, really? Mine took like maybe 5 minutes max

Mine took about 2 minutes. dude.... that was INSANE. What do you think? I'm typing SO fast right now... the iPhone really is... AMAZING. It was worth the wait :cool: (and the crazy stuff- so much fun :P)

rSm00th
Jun 29, 2007, 10:51 PM
Hello from iPhone!!

LtCarter47
Jun 30, 2007, 01:31 PM
Hey Macintelrock, did you remember your little green chair? I saw it still on the sidewalk when I left.

Also, do you have any more pictures? Update your picture page if you do!

AppleIntelRock
Jun 30, 2007, 02:02 PM
Hey Macintelrock, did you remember your little green chair? I saw it still on the sidewalk when I left.

Also, do you have any more pictures? Update your picture page if you do!

I am typing this on my iphone right now!!! I do have to say it meets all of my personal hype however it doesn't clean my dog too :(
:( the keyboard is getting better and is really smart (i mean really smart) i think i may change my screen name to iphone rocks :D.
At any rate, ill upload my images to my site soon and will re-post the link then. And thanks I did go back and get the jawbone and the green chair
(if youre thinking this doesnt look like a mobile post youre right... Its an iPhone post- let me say this again- the keyboard is really great ang the target area sizes really do change)

-appleintelrock

(posted via iphone)

AppleIntelRock
Jul 14, 2007, 07:41 PM
looks like i made it into the paper (http://www.rosevillept.com/articles/2007/07/04/news/business/01iphone.txt)