PDA

View Full Version : iPod mounting problems...

technocoy
Jul 8, 2003, 08:22 PM
Hey guys,
I'm thinking it's just that daisy chaining is a no go, but i was wondering if any of you guys have tried connecting your iPod though the second port on one of the new lacie blue-light drives. I have a superdrive 15" PB and i only have the one port until i get my hub. I got this new lacie firewire drive and thought i could just run the iPod through the second port... my iSight works fine through it, but my pod won't mount... any suggestions? or is this something i will just have to deal with until i can get a hub?

thanks guys,
technocoy:)

zim
Jul 8, 2003, 09:39 PM
I have a maxtor external firewire and a lacie pocket drive plus an ipod and a lacie firewire cd burner. here is how they are set up....

the iMac has two firewire ports, the cd burner is connected to one, leaving an open port on the burner. the maxtor is connected to the other imac port and the lacie pocket drive goes into the maxtor, leaving the iPod to be connected to the pocket drive. everything works flawlessly, the only time i have ever had a problem is when the pocket drive or burner, for some reason, and i think it was due to the summer heat, the pocket drive turned off disconnecting the iPod.

technocoy
Jul 8, 2003, 10:10 PM
it's kind of odd, especially since the lacie is powered and all... oh well. thanks for your description and time!:)

rainman::|:|
Jul 8, 2003, 10:33 PM
iPods and other firewire drives don't always get along, no matter what brand. My Pyro drive enclosure will dismount every time I plug/unplug my iPod, unless it *is* daisy-chained through...

I just hope it works out ok when you get your hub--

pnw

technocoy
Jul 8, 2003, 10:56 PM
if the hub doesn't work i'll be pretty peeved! hopefully it will though, we have one of the belkin hubs at work and it seems to do great, so maybe i'll get that one... i just thought it would be nice to have my iPod dock running through that drive and just leave it all on the desk with no extra clutter! but i guess you can't have your cake and eat it too!! lol...

thanks for the replies though, really.