PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: NJ

Eric1285
Jun 20, 2007, 02:08 PM
So, who else in Jersey will be standing in line come next Friday? I'll be at the AT&T store on Rt 1 in Lawrenceville, posting updates to my blog and documenting the madness. I might even consider heading to the Bridgewater Apple store.

Cindynjgirl79
Jun 20, 2007, 02:12 PM
i would be at the one at bridgewater but sorry to say can't afford the iPhone:(

fastdrive
Jun 20, 2007, 02:18 PM
The Apple store at menlo park might be closer.

I'll be at the Apple store in freehold at noon :eek:

Eric1285
Jun 20, 2007, 03:08 PM
The Apple store at menlo park might be closer.

I'll be at the Apple store in freehold at noon :eek:

Yeah, only thing is I'd have to take off of work pretty much the whole day if I wanted to be at one of the Apple stores. I actually live closer to the Bridgewater one. At least with an AT&T store, there's one right across the street that I can keep an eye on from my office.

zap2
Jun 20, 2007, 03:14 PM
Sagemore!

Well I'm going to the AT&T store, but they are very close. Also I personal won't be there...but needless to say, I'll be eagerly waiting to make sure I've gotten my iPhone...hopeful the person getting me mine goes early enough.

MacUser1
Jun 20, 2007, 03:26 PM
I'll be heading to the Corporate AT&T store near my house around 4:30pm or so. I really don't want to wait in line, so I might just order it online if I have to.

I thought about heading to the Apple Stores at Tice's Corner and the Mall at Short Hills...but I'd have to be there way too early.

macboy3k
Jun 20, 2007, 03:34 PM
My girlfriend and I will probably be at the Menlo Mall. Anyone know of any big AT&T corporate stores around the Edison/Piscataway area?

emanaydin
Jun 20, 2007, 03:42 PM
i'll be at the AT&T store on route 17 in paramus

MLeepson
Jun 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
I may either be at the att store on 17 in Paramus. Or the Apple store in Tice's Corner.

mrat93
Jun 20, 2007, 05:07 PM
If anywhere, I'll be going to Short Hills Apple Store, Menlo Park Mall Apple Store or Westfield AT&T store.

pseybold
Jun 20, 2007, 05:14 PM
ill be at the ATT corporate store in Mays Landing...if that line is huge ill be heading over to the Apple store on the Pier in Caesars atlantic city.

Anyone else gonna be waiting online in the Atlantic City, NJ area? if so when you guys think your gonna head down?

rdowns
Jun 20, 2007, 05:20 PM
Under whose authority did you create an "Official" thread?

naughtyman89
Jun 20, 2007, 05:31 PM
bridgewater and shorthills will be an absolute madhouse. teens already flock there fridays anyways. now that school is out and there is incentive for all the kids to whip out mom and dads visa, i say good luck to whoever tries to snag an iphone there...

iKwick7
Jun 20, 2007, 05:38 PM

I ask myself the same question every time I see that in a title, which is unfortunately way too often. Stupid internets.

Aniej
Jun 20, 2007, 07:38 PM

I ask myself the same question every time I see that in a title, which is unfortunately way too often. Stupid internets.

while i agree there are a bunch of these silly official titles, who really cares?

Eric1285
Jun 20, 2007, 09:03 PM

Sorry, monkey see monkey do. I changed it just for you ;)

rg3design
Jun 20, 2007, 10:00 PM
Just went to Menlo tonight to see if I can get any info about the iPhone... everyone was mum about it.

Does anyone know what Apple store in NJ does the highest sales volume? Logically, it would make sense that whatever store brings in the highest sales would have the most iPhones. I'm worried that there will be a shortage of phones but I don't think Apple would allow the shortage to be as bad as the Playstation.

TenaciousPZ
Jun 21, 2007, 09:36 AM
You guys are in for a bit of surprise I think. This strategic planning that has been started by the toilet paper known as USA today is really bogus. You are not going to see the purchasing traffic that you expect. There may be several people at any given store, but you do not need to camp. If you want, show up to the store closest to you around 3:00 PM. If there is a line, which there will not be, you can start waiting then. Either way, you'll get an iPhone.

I'll be at the At&t store on rt. 37 in Toms River NJ at 5:45 ;)

iKwick7
Jun 21, 2007, 03:42 PM
Just went to Menlo tonight to see if I can get any info about the iPhone... everyone was mum about it.

Does anyone know what Apple store in NJ does the highest sales volume? Logically, it would make sense that whatever store brings in the highest sales would have the most iPhones. I'm worried that there will be a shortage of phones but I don't think Apple would allow the shortage to be as bad as the Playstation.

I would imagine that The Mall at Short Hills would be pulling in the most. It's in a ritzy neighborhood, it's a HUGE store (for NJ), and people there like to spend a lot of money.

PoitNarf
Jun 21, 2007, 07:39 PM
I would imagine that The Mall at Short Hills would be pulling in the most. It's in a ritzy neighborhood, it's a HUGE store (for NJ), and people there like to spend a lot of money.

Nah, I think the Apple store in the Garden State Plaza is probably the big kahuna. That being said, I'll be at the Apple store at Tice's Corner.

minimac
Jun 21, 2007, 07:54 PM
Cherry Hill anyone?

zap2
Jun 23, 2007, 10:04 PM
Cherry Hill anyone?

Is the Apple store there open yet? I've been waiting!

rg3design
Jun 23, 2007, 10:29 PM
I stopped by the Apple store in Short Hills today (I had no clue they closed at 7pm on a Saturday) and the only interesting detail I got out of one of the guys that they expect a list with the service plans/data packages to be released on Wednesday. He said that he thinks plans will range from $60 to $80 a month but couldn't confirm.

davork
Jun 24, 2007, 03:14 AM
probably! Otherwise I'll pick one up in Manhatten or Jersey City on the Saturday after the feeding frenzy has quietened down!

question fear
Jun 25, 2007, 11:24 AM
I will be at the Apple store in Short Hills...I know it will be a madhouse but I work in the office building next door...hopefully it will be orderly madness.

kkrista
Jun 25, 2007, 11:26 AM
My girlfriend and I will probably be at the Menlo Mall. Anyone know of any big AT&T corporate stores around the Edison/Piscataway area?

I'll see you in line at the Menlo Park Apple Store .

Not sure about corporate store sizes, but the AT&T Wireless site says the following are corporate stores:
- Menlo Park Mall
- Woodbridge Mall
- 2 of the stores on 18 South

rg3design
Jun 25, 2007, 11:41 AM
The only advantage of Menlo is that they both have the Apple Store and the AT&T corp store. I'll be going to Menlo... just hope that we don't have to wait outside in the hot sun all day. My fair skin will burn to a crisp!

mrat93
Jun 25, 2007, 11:49 AM
I will be at the Apple store in Short Hills...I know it will be a madhouse but I work in the office building next door...hopefully it will be orderly madness.

LMAO @ your location below your username! No offence, I'm from Westfield and that's even worse!

mrat93
Jun 25, 2007, 11:53 AM
The only advantage of Menlo is that they both have the Apple Store and the AT&T corp store. I'll be going to Menlo.

And they're only a few stores away from each other! :eek:

wjp09
Jun 25, 2007, 12:10 PM
Hey Im from Piscataway, NewJersey too. I've been to this site before but never registered. I will be going to Bridgewater Commons.

auero
Jun 25, 2007, 12:17 PM
Wait so they'll be available at the applestore as well?

I'll be at the Freehold mall but the AT&T and Applestore are like 50 feet away from each other.

RCooper
Jun 25, 2007, 12:19 PM
I'll be at the Short Hills Apple Store.

Do you think you will be able to upgrade current cingular (at&t) accounts at the apple store? I can't wait to slam dunk my blackberry pearl into the nearest trash can!

wjp09
Jun 25, 2007, 12:20 PM
I'll be at the Short Hills Apple Store.

Do you think you will be able to upgrade current cingular (at&t) accounts at the apple store? I can't wait to slam dunk my blackberry pearl into the nearest trash can!

NO ill take it, if I can't get my hands on the iphone.

kkrista
Jun 25, 2007, 01:05 PM
Do you think you will be able to upgrade current cingular (at&t) accounts at the apple store?

I have to believe that they planned for people like us going to the Apple Store instead of the AT&T store. I currently have 2 AT&T phones under one account and my contract ran out back in December. Even with the expected hassle of trying to upgrade 1 of 2 phones on an expired contract while keeping service active on the other Phone on the account, I expect the Apple store to be a more pleasant experience than an AT&T store would be.

TwoSyllables
Jun 25, 2007, 01:10 PM
NO ill take it, if I can't get my hands on the iphone.

Yea, I'll be second runner up. I've waited to replace my phone since the iPhone was announced, and my Verizon contract ended last month and my phone officially died on Friday. So if I can't afford an iPhone contract in addition to the initial $499, the Blackberry Pearl is my next choice because the refurb is only $39 online.

Anyway, I'll be going to Rockaway. It's tiny, but I don't expect it to be that crowded since most of the people who go to that mall can't afford $500 phones.

RCooper
Jun 25, 2007, 01:20 PM
Yea, I'll be second runner up. I've waited to replace my phone since the iPhone was announced, and my Verizon contract ended last month and my phone officially died on Friday. So if I can't afford an iPhone contract in addition to the initial $499, the Blackberry Pearl is my next choice because the refurb is only $39 online.

Anyway, I'll be going to Rockaway. It's tiny, but I don't expect it to be that crowded since most of the people who go to that mall can't afford $500 phones.

Ha - very true. I'm hoping the Short Hills people will be too stuck up to get in line with the common folk. Not me tho - I'm packing my iPod with videos for the wait

BeyondtheTech
Jun 25, 2007, 01:55 PM
Will be at AT&T store in Menlo Park mall. That wing of the mall should be stressing under the weight, as the Apple and AT&T stores are both on the second level just a few hundred feet apart. :)

mark2288
Jun 25, 2007, 02:18 PM

get off your high horse and stop wasting space on these forums.

PoitNarf
Jun 25, 2007, 02:27 PM
Looks like I'll be the only one here hanging out at Tice's Corner :D

MagicTom
Jun 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
You'll find me at the Deptford Mall AT&T store. There's not really an Apple store comfortably close here.

There's so much speculation as to what the lines are going to be like, though... I have no idea what to expect. I'm going to work in the morning, calling the store intermittently to see what lines are like, and heading over whenever it starts forming. ...but all of this hinges on the local store actually answering their phone.

I asked yesterday if they've had much interest there, and if so, how early they thought I should arrive. The woman told me they average around 1000 people a day asking the same question. I'm more than a little nervous.

filthychimp03
Jun 25, 2007, 02:57 PM
i'm pretty sure that i'm going to the same store as you Eric, i'm max by the way, i'm 13 and definitely grabbing an iphone as soon as i can :) the thing is..i don't know whether they will stock them and if they do how many they'll get :confused: everyone has this problem right now though...i'm thinking of getting there friday morning...when are you going/advise going???

max

MagicTom
Jun 25, 2007, 03:14 PM
by the way, i'm 13 and definitely grabbing an iphone as soon as i can :)
You're 13, and standing in line for an iPhone!? Holy crap! You're either a child prodigy and you're already being paid huge amounts of money per year, or you have parents much, much more understanding of a geek's needs than mine were ;-)

pseybold
Jun 25, 2007, 04:16 PM
Looks like ill be the only one at the apple store in big dirt Atlantic City?!!!

janstett
Jun 25, 2007, 04:21 PM
^ Divorced parents fighting to show who loves him more! :)

earthsick
Jun 25, 2007, 04:30 PM
Any one have any idea when they are getting in line at the Menlo store? I have never waited for a product before so let me ask a silly question...what happens if I am alone and need to use a bathroom or eat? :o

Kidd38s
Jun 25, 2007, 04:37 PM
With a spare $300 apple gift card sitting around (nice thing to have sitting around), my options are somewhat limited...looks like I'll be catching up on Lost in line at the Bridgewater madhouse.

...If I don't decide to protest a 45 dollar data package.

filthychimp03
Jun 25, 2007, 04:52 PM
my dad's generous, i've been waiting for the iphone since well...before it was announced!! It's become something of a small obsession, so he thinks if he gets it for me i'll shut up about it!!! plus i leave on the 1st to go back to england and france for the summer, so i want to show it to the primitive british life form and gloat about it :)

GroundLoop
Jun 25, 2007, 05:01 PM
You'll find me at the Deptford Mall AT&T store. There's not really an Apple store comfortably close here.

There's so much speculation as to what the lines are going to be like, though... I have no idea what to expect. I'm going to work in the morning, calling the store intermittently to see what lines are like, and heading over whenever it starts forming. ...but all of this hinges on the local store actually answering their phone.

I asked yesterday if they've had much interest there, and if so, how early they thought I should arrive. The woman told me they average around 1000 people a day asking the same question. I'm more than a little nervous.

How is Sagemore not comfortably close? Should only be about 15 miles.

I would be going to the Sagemore store myself, if I were getting the iPhone. But, I am not really interested in it until it gets GPS built-in.

Hickman

MattyMac
Jun 25, 2007, 05:21 PM
So, who else in Jersey will be standing in line come next Friday? I'll be at the AT&T store on Rt 1 in Lawrenceville, posting updates to my blog and documenting the madness. I might even consider heading to the Bridgewater Apple store.

I live near there...what time are you arriving? Did you find out about the amount of phones expected..etc.?

UnclePaulie
Jun 25, 2007, 06:16 PM
Looks like I'll be the only one here hanging out at Tice's Corner :D

Sorry to spoil your fun PoitNarf but I live about 15 minutes away from Tice's Corner myself and I will try my hardest to get out of work early enough to make it to the store.

ogun7
Jun 25, 2007, 07:41 PM
I'm unsure of what I should do. I live in Jersey City, so it's easy to get to either Apple Store in NYC. My little sister thinks I should drive to Hudson Mall and camp out early that day in front of the corporate-owned AT&T store. What are all of your suggestions? I think there might be enough iPhones at the Apple stores but I need one on Friday!

CountZero
Jun 25, 2007, 08:01 PM
I'm unsure of what I should do. I live in Jersey City, so it's easy to get to either Apple Store in NYC. My little sister thinks I should drive to Hudson Mall and camp out early that day in front of the corporate-owned AT&T store. What are all of your suggestions? I think there might be enough iPhones at the Apple stores but I need one on Friday!

I'm planning to go to the AT&T store in Panovia/Newport mall or the one in Hoboken around 3PM. I'm leaning toward the mall one right now since it has air con!

Apple Stores or AT&T stores in NYC will be complete madness on Friday. No way I'm getting anywhere near SoHo or 5th Ave!

Jimmie Geddes
Jun 25, 2007, 08:04 PM
Me and a friend/writer from my site will be at The Mall at Short Hills Apple Store around 12:30pm to wait in line and also cover the iPhone launch for my site. I spoke to an employee at the Garden State Plaza Apple Store tonight and she told me that there's no need to camp out (we were talking about the 2 guys in NYC), stores in NJ and NYC will be heavily stocked with iPhones.

mentalcase
Jun 26, 2007, 01:19 AM
Ill be at the store in bridgewater. Ill be on the other side though. Selling the iphone!!!

alansmallen
Jun 26, 2007, 09:06 AM
Since the day Jobs announced the iPhone, I have been hanging around my local AT&T store. After about three months of convincing, I convinced the manager to let me be in the store from 4:30-6:00 on Friday. At about 5:45, I will be the first customer to use the iPhone in the world! :apple: I can not disclose the location of this store (it is in Bergen County, NJ), but it is very small, so they only expect 15-20 people there, and they have 40 copies of the iPhone.
Adios!

Flyinace2000
Jun 26, 2007, 10:13 AM
Choices Choices Choices

Tices (top choice)
Garden State
Short Hills
Palisades

TwoSyllables
Jun 26, 2007, 12:24 PM
Choices Choices Choices

Tices (top choice)
Garden State
Short Hills
Palisades

Looks like I'm still the only one going to Rockaway. Now that the plans were announced, I actually intend on buying one. Looks like I won't have any problem.

tethead
Jun 26, 2007, 01:40 PM
i'll be at Tice's Corner, i live and work 5 minutes away and in fact grew up going to Tice's Farm almost daily... god i miss that place...

i think i'll take a drive by around noon and again around 4 to see how the line is doing. if it's not too bad, i'll just wait till 6 so i don't have to stand around. i'm sure that one of the wealthiest areas in the state will be receiving quite a large shipment of these. however, that store is ALWAYS packed for product releases, though since there is no sign-up or anything else slowing down this whole process, it should be a relatively quick time for everyone in line.

BigPrince
Jun 26, 2007, 02:40 PM
Looks like I'm still the only one going to Rockaway. Now that the plans were announced, I actually intend on buying one. Looks like I won't have any problem.

I might go to the rockaway one.

FunkyCold24
Jun 26, 2007, 05:41 PM
Hey everyone!!!!! So, I work in NYC, right across the street from where the Apple Store is getting built. Too bad the store won't be up for Friday's 6PM iPhone Premiere:)

Anyways, I'll be at Menlo Park by 2:30. Do you guys think that'll give me plenty of time and not miss out on an iPhone??

Well, hope to see you fellow MacRumors members out there and good luck to all!!!

:apple:

PoitNarf
Jun 26, 2007, 06:59 PM
i'll be at Tice's Corner, i live and work 5 minutes away and in fact grew up going to Tice's Farm almost daily... god i miss that place...

i think i'll take a drive by around noon and again around 4 to see how the line is doing. if it's not too bad, i'll just wait till 6 so i don't have to stand around.

Yep, it was nice when they had the farm there. The fresh donuts were awesome, as well as the apple cider. You're plan is pretty much in line with mine; I'm within 2 miles of the Tice's Corner location. Cya there! :D

tethead
Jun 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
yeah, it's that cider i was actually craving as i wrote that earlier post... even the smells of that place were great, everything was so fresh!

nytcrawlr
Jun 26, 2007, 09:49 PM
I'll also be at the Rockaway store on Friday afternoon. Man what a week, Thursday I receive my new MacBook Pro, and Friday I'm getting (hopefully) an iPhone!!!

LimeiBook86
Jun 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
I just came back from the Cingular Store and Apple Store from Freehold Raceway Mall in NJ and I have some information that may be useful. The women at the Cingular store said that the Freehold & Menlo malls would probably be the most packed since there are both AT&T and Apple Stores in each mall.

Also, it's important to note, the Cingular store on the 2nd level (which I visited) of the Freehold Mall will not have the phone. The AT&T store on the first level will probably, along with the Apple Store. Good luck to everyone trying to get one Friday, it's going to be nuts! :eek:

KillerSmile
Jun 27, 2007, 06:40 AM
Hey everyone!!!!! So, I work in NYC, right across the street from where the Apple Store is getting built. Too bad the store won't be up for Friday's 6PM iPhone Premiere:)

Anyways, I'll be at Menlo Park by 2:30. Do you guys think that'll give me plenty of time and not miss out on an iPhone??

Well, hope to see you fellow MacRumors members out there and good luck to all!!!

:apple:

I'll be leaving work in Brooklyn at 1pm and live at the Jersey shore so I'm thinking about going to the Menlo Apple Store as well. Maybe we can meet up & help each other out with bathroom/food breaks. Let me know.

Patrick here.

janstett
Jun 27, 2007, 10:24 AM
plus i leave on the 1st to go back to england and france for the summer, so i want to show it to the primitive british life form and gloat about it :)

According to a colleague of mine who's watching the iPhone very closely, while the iPhone is GSM, it's only dual band and intended for the US only. You require quad-band GSM to work in Europe. So your iPhone will only be a very expensive Nano with a big screen over there.

Anyway, I will not be on line for the iPhone. While I do want one badly, right now it's just an overpriced status symbol that can't possibly live up to the hype. It can't do some things other phones can (e.g. using songs as ringtones), I'm not sure about the keyboard, and it's missing some killer apps (like GPS, Google maps doesn't cut it when you don't know where you are). If it had GPS, I'd buy it in a heartbeat because I've been stalling on getting a TomTom/Nuvi. I'll wait for the next revision -- iPhone 2.0 with 16mb flash and GPS for $350 :)

PoitNarf
Jun 27, 2007, 11:40 AM
According to a colleague of mine who's watching the iPhone very closely, while the iPhone is GSM, it's only dual band and intended for the US only. You require quad-band GSM to work in Europe. So your iPhone will only be a very expensive Nano with a big screen over there.

Your colleague is wrong, it is quad band. Check the Apple tech specs page for further info:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

iPhonatic
Jun 27, 2007, 01:41 PM
I'll be at menlo with my Macbook Pro at 3:00.

hassanpr
Jun 27, 2007, 04:45 PM
I will be at an ATT store on rt 440 in jersey city.

KillerSmile
Jun 27, 2007, 09:14 PM
Hi all,

I'm thinking of coming to the Apple store in the Freehold Mall here in NJ this coming Friday. Any others planning on lining up there? know of any news regarding the lining up there? issues, etc?

Let me know.

Thanks & good luck to us all!

Patrick

earthsick
Jun 27, 2007, 10:58 PM
i had every intention to line up at 7:30am at the menlo store but now it seems as this might not be needed...hmm...:confused:

robMaurizi
Jun 28, 2007, 07:53 AM
I'm out of work at 4:30 on Friday and will be milling about the Hoboken AT&T store shortly after I get home.

Anyone else gonna be around?

Also, I'm not sure what to make of this Edge business... I've been a longtime Verizon customer and have a Treo 650 I bought in Burlington, VT (not really high-tech land). It uses Verizon's 1X thing, so I'm not sure how that compares speed-wise to Edge... Anyone have any info?

Thanks!
-Rob

kkrista
Jun 28, 2007, 09:57 AM
i had every intention to line up at 7:30am at the menlo store but now it seems as this might not be needed...hmm...:confused:

I think that's especially true given that Apple announced their retail stores will all open early at 9:00 AM on Saturday to continue iPhone sales. That suggests that they expect their stores to have plenty of stock on hand to make it through Friday without selling out. That makes me happy.

CountZero
Jun 28, 2007, 10:11 AM
I'm out of work at 4:30 on Friday and will be milling about the Hoboken AT&T store shortly after I get home.

Anyone else gonna be around?

Also, I'm not sure what to make of this Edge business... I've been a longtime Verizon customer and have a Treo 650 I bought in Burlington, VT (not really high-tech land). It uses Verizon's 1X thing, so I'm not sure how that compares speed-wise to Edge... Anyone have any info?

Thanks!
-Rob

I'm still debating about whether the Pavonia/Newport mall or the Hoboken store will be the best place to be. Regardless, I will be at a store about 3:00-3:30 around that area...

earthsick
Jun 28, 2007, 10:42 AM
I think that's especially true given that Apple announced their retail stores will all open early at 9:00 AM on Saturday to continue iPhone sales. That suggests that they expect their stores to have plenty of stock on hand to make it through Friday without selling out. That makes me happy.

yeah i dont know though...i do not understand how they can expect to have a surpluss on launch though....unless they went out of their way to product a huge quanity so the ebayers do not have a market...

well whatever, i have a personal day friday...i will be there at 7:30 am and scope it out, if there is a line i will line up, if not i will go back later...

Flyinace2000
Jun 28, 2007, 11:20 AM
All this iPhone talk is making me want one more and more.

MUST RESIST

See everyone at Tices tomorrow.

janstett
Jun 28, 2007, 11:24 AM
Your colleague is wrong, it is quad band. Check the Apple tech specs page for further info:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Whoops, glad to be wrong on that count. In retrospect that seems to have popped up because the FCC only tested the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.

PoitNarf
Jun 28, 2007, 11:33 AM

Who's gonna bring the donuts and coffee? :D

tethead
Jun 28, 2007, 03:08 PM
Who's gonna bring the donuts and coffee? :D

nobody. panari bread co is right there :cool:

however, we'll have to hold eachothers places in line when we stock up

tethead
Jun 28, 2007, 03:09 PM

everyone?

god i hope not... i hope i see about a dozen of you. no more. i want my iPhone.

looking at the rumor on the front page, 1000-1500 phones for all stores, with the flagships getting more, i would think that would be more than enough for Tice's. if they sell that many in day, all i can say is goddamn that's a lot of farkin phones!!

kkrista
Jun 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
Just called the Menlo Park store to find out what, if any rules, were in place with regards to waiting in line. After all, I'd imagine there's potential for a reasonable sized traffic jam between the food court and the sharper image because of people waiting throught the day. I was surprised to find out that the store doesn't have anything in place. They actually sounded rather surprised that someone would even ask. Oh well, I guess we'll all just see when we get there.

Diviant
Jun 28, 2007, 04:06 PM
I'll be at Tice's tomorrow around 2-ish. I might go earlier if I feel good.

robMaurizi
Jun 28, 2007, 04:42 PM
I just spoke to a guy at the Hoboken AT&T store, and he said:

They're closing from 4:30 to 6:00
Get there early (not sure what exactly "early" means, but I got a sense of "not at 6"), as they've had a lot of interest thus far
They haven't received any iPhones as of 5:30pm on Thursday
He doesn't expect they'll get more than 100

On the lighter side, he answered the phone "Apple", then corrected himself by saying "AT&T".

Not sure what I should do :-/

Diviant
Jun 28, 2007, 05:28 PM
Has anyone called Tice's lately to see if there's any sort of line?

PoitNarf
Jun 28, 2007, 05:48 PM
Has anyone called Tice's lately to see if there's any sort of line?

I'm within 2 miles driving distance of Tice's. I'm gonna do a drive by in about an hour to do some reconnaissance :D

PoitNarf
Jun 28, 2007, 07:26 PM
As of 8:20PM there is no one lined up outside the Tice's Corner Apple store. There is however a rainbow outside right now, so I consider that a good omen :D

KillerSmile
Jun 28, 2007, 07:35 PM
Just called the Menlo Park store to find out what, if any rules, were in place with regards to waiting in line. After all, I'd imagine there's potential for a reasonable sized traffic jam between the food court and the sharper image because of people waiting throught the day. I was surprised to find out that the store doesn't have anything in place. They actually sounded rather surprised that someone would even ask. Oh well, I guess we'll all just see when we get there.

Hi KKrista, I'll be getting to Menlo tomorrow around 1pm. I have 2 nephews standing in line for me from 5am tomorrow morning for some extra $$$. I'm so spyched about getting my iPhone I can hardly stand it!!!!

Patrick :-)

Flyinace2000
Jun 28, 2007, 08:05 PM
As of 8:20PM there is no one lined up outside the Tice's Corner Apple store. There is however a rainbow outside right now, so I consider that a good omen :D

My boss just gave me the green light to leave work at 3 (an hour early) as long the server room is not on fire.

KillerSmile
Jun 28, 2007, 08:19 PM
I'm so excited about this I don't know what to do!!!!
I'm gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight! anyone else feels like that?

Yikes!

Patrick

pseybold
Jun 28, 2007, 08:34 PM
Atlantic City apple store anyone? ill be there tomorrow around noon...anyone gonna join me?

robMaurizi
Jun 28, 2007, 08:39 PM
I'm so excited about this I don't know what to do!!!!
I'm gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight! anyone else feels like that?

Yikes!

Patrick

Right there with you, Patrick!

I've been dreaming about this damn thing so much lately that I've been reminded of Ralph Wiggum when I get ready for bed:
"Oh boy, sleep! That's when I own an iPhone!"

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

:D

kkrista
Jun 28, 2007, 08:41 PM
Hi KKrista, I'll be getting to Menlo tomorrow around 1pm. I have 2 nephews standing in line for me from 5am tomorrow morning for some extra $$$. I'm so spyched about getting my iPhone I can hardly stand it!!!!

Patrick :-)

I'll see you there. I'm dropping my daughter off at school in the morning then heading over the store. If there isn't much of a line, I'll head to work (I'm right around the corner) and check back later. If there's five or more people there, I'm staying for the day. :-)

Ken

BeyondtheTech
Jun 28, 2007, 09:49 PM

Isn't like the tax rate in Jersey City around 3% and NYC at 8.875%? There's a difference between $616 and $653, and I'm sure there are more people going to be at the NYC location...

I'll be on line at Menlo around 2PM with my red MacBook. Look for me. ;)

LimeiBook86
Jun 28, 2007, 10:20 PM
The sales tax in NJ is 7%. I think my Dad said the Jersey Gardens Mall has no sales tax (or at least on some things). Although I don't think they have an Apple Store, they might have an AT&T store though.

Just thought I'd let you folks know. :)

.vin.
Jun 28, 2007, 10:26 PM
Anyone going to AT&T in Freehold Raceway Mall? The Apple Store is just feet away... I don't know why anybody would go to AT&T instead of Apple. Though if Apple sells out, I can guess where all the rush is gonna go :eek:

LimeiBook86
Jun 28, 2007, 10:32 PM
Anyone going to AT&T in Freehold Raceway Mall? The Apple Store is just feet away... I don't know why anybody would go to AT&T instead of Apple. Though if Apple sells out, I can guess where all the rush is gonna go :eek:

Yeah I think that mall is going to be packed. The Apple Store will more likely have more iPhones than the AT&T store. Good luck ;)

tjespo22
Jun 28, 2007, 10:51 PM
menlo park tomorrow early. i will be waring a atvriders.com shirt

earthsick
Jun 28, 2007, 10:58 PM
ATTENTION TO ANY ONE GOING TO THE MENLO PARK MALL:

The line will be in the hallway between Brookstone and Abercrombie and will be on the inside of the railing (over looking the lower level of the mall). Since the Apple store and the AT&T stores are right by each other, one side of the rail will be for Apple, the other for AT&T. The doors to the mall open at 7:00am. NO CHAIRS OF ANY KIND...they will escort you out. This all comes from an official memo sent out throughout the mall from security read around 6:00pm Thursday. I will see you all there around 6:00am...good luck. Enjoy your iPhone.

tjespo22
Jun 28, 2007, 11:01 PM
ATTENTION TO ANY ONE GOING TO THE MENLO PARK MALL:

The line will be in the hallway between Brookstone and Abercrombie and will be on the inside of the railing (over looking the lower level of the mall). Since the Apple store and the AT&T stores are right by each other, one side of the rail will be for Apple, the other for AT&T. The doors to the mall open at 7:00am. NO CHAIRS OF ANY KIND...they will escort you out. This all comes from an official memo sent out throughout the mall from security read around 6:00pm Thursday. I will see you all there around 6:00am...good luck. Enjoy your iPhone.

i heard this too, you think its gonna be packed?? :(

UnclePaulie
Jun 28, 2007, 11:34 PM
To all the other Tice's people, I am planning on waiting outside of the store by 4pm tomorrow. Hopefully I'm the only one waiting by that point, but I don't wanna take any chances. Any way we're gonna figure out who our fellow MacRumors members are? PM me if you wanna exchange info to meet up tomorrow.

PoitNarf
Jun 28, 2007, 11:43 PM
To all the other Tice's people, I am planning on waiting outside of the store by 4pm tomorrow. Hopefully I'm the only one waiting by that point, but I don't wanna take any chances.

I'm contemplating arriving as early as 10am or noon. You won't be the first one there, trust me ;)

earthsick
Jun 28, 2007, 11:48 PM
i heard this too, you think its gonna be packed?? :(

i expect it to be the same crowd of a few until around noon then i think all hell will break loose...everyone i asked gave me the impression i was one of many people that day asking the same question...off to bed now, big day tomorow!

Diviant
Jun 29, 2007, 07:03 AM
I'm contemplating arriving as early as 10am or noon. You won't be the first one there, trust me ;)

I'm plannin on arriving at the SAME time! It'll be cool to have someone there to talk to. For the Xbox 360 I was first in line for a good 3 hours, having no one to talk to.

Flyinace2000
Jun 29, 2007, 07:29 AM
I'm plannin on arriving at the SAME time! It'll be cool to have someone there to talk to. For the Xbox 360 I was first in line for a good 3 hours, having no one to talk to.

Can someone post from the store? I want to know how big of a line to expect @ 3pm.

I am bring my camera. I might interview a bunch of people there.

PoitNarf
Jun 29, 2007, 07:32 AM
Can someone post from the store? I want to know how big of a line to expect @ 3pm.

I would if I had a laptop.

simplyweber
Jun 29, 2007, 07:35 AM
@ Short Hills. It's 8:34 AM and there are about 25 people on line.

Flyinace2000
Jun 29, 2007, 07:42 AM
@ Short Hills. It's 8:34 AM and there are about 25 people on line.

REALLY? wow. I hope Tice's line is not that large.

rg3design
Jun 29, 2007, 07:45 AM
REALLY? wow. I hope Tice's line is not that large.

I'd say that's most likely the same for Menlo as well.

solomoja
Jun 29, 2007, 07:52 AM
Well its ten to nine and the line has formed....ill post pictures as soon as the store opens and i can by an sd card reader :) forgot mine at home. There is about ten people in line, i was third at 840.

BeyondtheTech
Jun 29, 2007, 07:54 AM
Please specify whether you're at an AT&T or an Apple store, and how many people are online already.

pseybold
Jun 29, 2007, 08:44 AM
Just stopped by on the way home from work (7:30am friday) there was 2 people outside the ATT store on the black horse pike in egg harbor township, nj. and i stopped by the apple store on the pier at Caesars atlantic city, nj and there was 4 people there.

im on my way to wait on the pier with the beginning of the line. if any of you will be there ill be wearing a white and orange wind breaker, jeans and a orange burton messanger bag...come by and say hi! see you there and good luck everyone! ill report back once i secure my iPhone! i cant wait!!!!

elg23
Jun 29, 2007, 08:48 AM
any1 know if there is a line at the marlton-sagemore store yet?

rg3design
Jun 29, 2007, 09:00 AM
Just was informed by the head of security at Menlo that there is a 2 iPhone limit for Apple and 1 iPhone limit for AT&T. Not sure if this is company wide or not but I find this rather noteworthy.

Also, the AT&T line here is significantly shorter.

robMaurizi
Jun 29, 2007, 09:08 AM
Just was informed by the head of security at Menlo that there is a 2 iPhone limit for Apple and 1 iPhone limit for AT&T. Not sure if this is company wide or not but I find this rather noteworthy.

Yes, that's company policy for both companies.. Apple has been advertising a 2 iphone limit while AT&T has been advertising a 1 iphone limit.

Hence, Apple stores most likely have much more inventory than AT&T stores.

tethead
Jun 29, 2007, 10:16 AM
did a drive-by of the Tice's Corner store about 20 minutes ago, i'd say there are 30 people there. i'm gonna head on over after i grab something to eat. hopefully it doesn't rain, because the clouds look bad.

NJRonbo
Jun 29, 2007, 11:05 AM
Any reports from Freehold Mall?

I am posting this at noon but will not get to the store until 3:30.

Just wondering how many people are camped out at this point.

mrat93
Jun 29, 2007, 12:33 PM
My mom is at Menlo and she says NOBODY at AT&T or Apple.

Eric1285
Jun 29, 2007, 12:56 PM

Wow, that's surprising. I expected lines at every single Apple store in NJ (since we don't have that many).

KillerSmile
Jun 29, 2007, 01:07 PM

BULL *****!!!!

Im at Menlo now and #6 in a line of about 150 for the APPLE store.

AT&T has about 75 people. Come join the fun!!!!

Patrick

simplyweber
Jun 29, 2007, 01:39 PM
Short Hills store closed at 2. All the windows are completely covered in black cloth and not a stitch of light getting through.

robMaurizi
Jun 29, 2007, 01:43 PM
There's about 20 or so of us on line at the AT&T store on Washington St. in Hoboken.

The store manager came out a little while ago and gave us a rundown on what to expect, some of which seemed to contradict some of the info in the iPhone sales training manual that came up on Boy Genius Report yesterday. For instance, you can't buy the iPhone as a gift-- the person whose name is going to be on the line needs to be here in person. I seem to recall reading about how to sell the phone as a gift, in terms of credit checks and market verification, etc.

Anyhoo, she also said that she's got enough phones in stock to handle a line down the block, so I'm fairly confident I'll be going home with one tonight :D

NJRonbo
Jun 29, 2007, 01:43 PM
Report from the Freehold Mall at 2:45

70 people on line at Apple store. I just got on the AT&T line
of 10 people.

bbrosemer
Jun 29, 2007, 01:47 PM
I was going to go there just to hang out at the freehold one just for fun... anyone else doing that. Verizion contract is up in a few months... :D

FCPPro
Jun 29, 2007, 02:01 PM
Short Hills store closed at 2. All the windows are completely covered in black cloth and not a stitch of light getting through.

What's the line looking like at Short Hills?

appleii2mac
Jun 29, 2007, 02:09 PM
There's about 20 or so of us on line at the AT&T store on Washington St. in Hoboken.

The store manager came out a little while ago and gave us a rundown on what to expect, some of which seemed to contradict some of the info in the iPhone sales training manual that came up on Boy Genius Report yesterday. For instance, you can't buy the iPhone as a gift-- the person whose name is going to be on the line needs to be here in person. I seem to recall reading about how to sell the phone as a gift, in terms of credit checks and market verification, etc.

Anyhoo, she also said that she's got enough phones in stock to handle a line down the block, so I'm fairly confident I'll be going home with one tonight :D

I was just over there looking. Looks like the line has grown a lot since noon.

I might stop by and join you guys.

Bosh
Jun 29, 2007, 02:42 PM
Any lines formed at the Sagemore, Marlton Apple Store ?

cheffrey
Jun 29, 2007, 03:01 PM
Any lines formed at the Sagemore, Marlton Apple Store ?

My wife just got there (4:00). About 75 ppl in line now. Stretches left from the Apple Store to Coldwater Creek.

NJRonbo
Jun 29, 2007, 03:25 PM
The people here at Freehold are nuts!

There must be almost 100 people on line at the Apple store.

It's 4:30 and the AT&T store has about 30 and all of them are
being promised a phone.

Bosh
Jun 29, 2007, 04:54 PM
Wondering what the lines look like now, with the store about to open.

Anyone see how many are in line at the AT&T store (there's one in the same complex across from LLBean) ?

Romanesq
Jun 29, 2007, 06:18 PM
AT&T had a line of about 70 people. They got to twenty and then announced no more 8 GB phones at all only 4 GB. Was very surprised as that did not fit any of the rumored estimates.

They were then taking mail orders for the 8 GB. Being 25th in line, decided my luck had run out and might as well just wait.

Slow moving on the first dozen or so and then kaput. They probably won't get through half the line with 4 GB ones at that rate.

Romanesq
Jun 29, 2007, 06:39 PM

Rob, you were most likely lucky enough to get an 8 GB phone because at around the 20th person, they said no more. Only 4 GBs left and people were demanding to know how many so they didn't wait longer for nothing.

Someone lied, unless you call a line down the block five people. All in all, not very cool and way below any of the stated estimates. :confused:

kkrista
Jun 29, 2007, 06:54 PM
I hope that everyone got what they were hoping for today.

I was very happy to be the third person in line at the AT&T store in Menlo Park (switched up my plans when I saw the size of each line) and the first to walk out of that store with one.

Now I just have to wait for my employee discount to be removed from my current AT&T account so I can give it a whirl.

Congrats to everyone who got their phones!

Flyinace2000
Jun 29, 2007, 07:20 PM
http://flickr.com/photos/willsisti/sets/72157600557900452/

Photos of my iPhone adventure

Romanesq
Jun 29, 2007, 07:36 PM
Just called over there and spoke to them. They sold everything in an hour. Told the guy about the other store and he didn't want to say how many they sold. He confirmed the option to place an order and have it mailed to your house in a week.

Bottom line, I did get confirmation that it was way less than a hundred. If they were able to move about 20 in an hour in the smaller Hoboken store, that means they probably didn't even have 50 in the other one.

Whoever commented that these stores would have 70-100 units was completely wrong.

Eric1285
Jun 29, 2007, 08:06 PM
I got stuck at work today and couldn't go stand in line. By the time I got out, I saw that the line was about 100 people deep, and I figured that the store (pretty small one) wouldn't have 100 iPhones. Oh well, I wasn't planning on keeping it for myself anyways so it's better off in the hands of someone who really wanted to use it.

seamuskrat
Jun 29, 2007, 08:12 PM
Got my phone. Bridgewater NJ store.

Got there at 6:05 and walked out with phone at 7:02. Kinda funny, cause at 7:30 no line at all. I went into a PACKED store and got a case as well.

Not a bad wait.

MacUser1
Jun 29, 2007, 08:50 PM
I was originally going to go to the AT&T store off of Hamburg Turnpike, but decided not to wait (I saw the line was about 15 deep or so). I took my chances and waited until 7:30pm and headed to Tice's Corner. In and out with two 8 GB iPhones in under 5 minutes.

.vin.
Jun 29, 2007, 09:03 PM
At 6:00, there were only about 100 to 150 people at Apple in Freehold Raceway Mall, which didn't seem to be too many. Any reports of them selling out later in the night?

reno
Jun 29, 2007, 09:49 PM
i was hoping i could beat the lines by actually going late and it worked like a charm. arrived at the apple store in marlton (sagemore) at 9 pm, walked right up to the counter (no lines), asked for an 8 GB iPhone, and walked out of the store with the goods in hand no more than 5 minutes later. i knew i took a bit of chance going late (my concern was a sellout), but i also heard rumors that apple stores had at least 1000 units in stock each and were staying open to midnight, both of which turned out to be true. it was nice not to have to wait in line and still snag one of these beauties!

appleii2mac
Jun 30, 2007, 01:12 AM
For those of you near NYC, the 5th Ave. store had "lots" of iPhones available as of midnight. Someone else said they had a bunch at the Soho store as well.

Romanesq
Jun 30, 2007, 10:53 AM
After the limited AT&T 8 GB issue, checked the website and every NJ Apple Store shows availability, in fact any state in the US I checked showed it.

Went to Garden Plaza and parked near Banana Republic. As I walked in said hmm now where is the Apple Store again? It was the first store on the right. :)

At 10 am there was already lots of people in the store, and they were all playing with the demo versions available. Then went to the back wall where the folks were set up and within two minutes I had the beloved 8 GB.

So if you had a tough out with AT&T, you should give a holler to the NJ Apple Store as it seems Steve made sure they would be able to handle a good amount of action each.

And then you'll feel better. What a beautiful piece of tech that only Apple could pull off. Congrats to the whole Apple team. :D

p0intblank
Jun 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
Anyone know how the Deptford Mall went? I was in Delaware for the iPhone launch, so I didn't get a chance to swing over to our local mall.

Romanesq
Jun 30, 2007, 11:17 PM
New Jersey is showing stock in all NJ Apple Stores other than Atlantic City.
Apple really had their research well done.

So far, looks like areas in California have been sucked dry. And also parts of Texas. But if you have any doubts, just call the Apple Store in Joisey you plan on hitting. Don't know how they inventory both the 8 and 4 GB via the website.

Go with the 8 GB. Makes no sense not to. :apple:

My friends, the Sopranos are over but the revolution has just begun. :)

(As of July 4th the nation is dry.)