PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Wisconsin

applehero
Jun 20, 2007, 04:26 PM
Anyone in WI going to camp? Where will be the best place to go??? I will be in the Milwaukee area from out of town, any suggestions on the best place?

dannyallen34
Jun 20, 2007, 06:03 PM
I'm going to be in Madison but I doubt that I will be camping.

Phitz
Jun 25, 2007, 02:44 PM
City: Milwaukee
Store in city: Apple Store in Mayfair Mall
Time getting there: 8 a.m.
Additional comments: Comming from Janesville, leaving EARLY to beat rush hour traffic :D

wangchunggti337
Jun 26, 2007, 11:48 AM
Are people only waiting at Apple Stores? Or ATT stores too?

Anyone think there will be a discount? I really can't afford the phone price + dactivation + activation + data plan = :(

mulletman13
Jun 26, 2007, 03:22 PM
I guess I'll be seeing some of you guys at Mayfair ;)

.. keep in mind Bayshore opens that day too... first 1000 get free shirts!

AppleFanboi
Jun 27, 2007, 12:10 PM
I think I'm going to go to the Bayshore store first. Since it's the grand opening, I'd like a free shirt! If they seem too busy, I'll head for the Mayfair store. I'll be at Mayfair that day anyhow, as I need to stop at the Time Warner store, too.

We forum users should all wear something identifiable so we can recognize eachother and say hello! :D

-Trav :apple:

Phitz
Jun 27, 2007, 08:06 PM
City: Milwaukee
Store in city: Apple Store in Mayfair Mall
Time getting there: 8 a.m.
Additional comments: Comming from Janesville, leaving EARLY to beat rush hour traffic :D

Scratch that, now camping out at the new Apple store in Bayshore for the grand opening :apple: :D :apple:

applehero
Jun 28, 2007, 07:14 AM
I'll be heading to the at&t store in Fond Du Lac. It's closer for me as I'm in Plymouth (on vacation). I'm planning on hitting the store around noon tomorrow. If I strike out there, I may go up to Oshkosh, but will probably just order online (unless Bayshore has a ton of units due to the grand opening, then I may just head that way).

AppleFanboi
Jun 28, 2007, 04:00 PM
I think I'm going to go to the Bayshore store first. Since it's the grand opening, I'd like a free shirt! If they seem too busy, I'll head for the Mayfair store. I'll be at Mayfair that day anyhow, as I need to stop at the Time Warner store, too.

We forum users should all wear something identifiable so we can recognize eachother and say hello! :D

-Trav :apple:

...or not. My Apple Credit Card STILL hasn't shown up, so no iPhone until that comes. I'm not going to drop all that cash in crowded :apple: store! So, unless my card magically appears in the mailbox tomorrow, I'm going to be waiting. :(

wangchunggti337
Jun 28, 2007, 10:55 PM
How far is the Mayfair from Madison?

What time does it open?

I've never been to an Apple Store opening and this might be my only chance :)

AppleFanboi
Jun 29, 2007, 12:29 AM
How far is the Mayfair from Madison?
If you take the interstate, it shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

What time does it open?
10am.

I've never been to an Apple Store opening and this might be my only chance :)
Mayfair's store is an existing store. It's been there for a few years now. If you want to attend a grand opening, you'll want the brand new store at Bayshore Town Center opening for the first time EVER at 6pm, just in time for iPhone! More info at http://www.apple.com/retail/bayshore/ !

Enjoy and perhaps I'll see ya there!

Phitz
Jul 2, 2007, 02:05 PM
So how did everyone's wait go?

If you were at Bayshore you saw me having fun :apple: :D :apple:

I was in the group of first people, running up and down high fiving everyone(the one in the button up shirt). All 8 of us stepped in to the store at the same time, that was sweet. And staying up all night running around was great fun.

Was everyone elses wait as enjoyable as mine?

P.S. to all who didn't high five us/me, I hope it took you more than 10 hours to activate your phone

MovieCutter
Jul 2, 2007, 02:10 PM
So how did everyone's wait go?

If you were at Bayshore you saw me having fun :apple: :D :apple:

I was in the group of first people, running up and down high fiving everyone(the one in the button up shirt). All 8 of us stepped in to the store at the same time, that was sweet. And staying up all night running around was great fun.

Was everyone elses wait as enjoyable as mine?

P.S. to all who didn't high five us/me, I hope it took you more than 10 hours to activate your phone

I didn't high five you and I had my phone activated in 3 minutes...:cool: :p

Phitz
Jul 2, 2007, 02:19 PM
I didn't high five you and I had my phone activated in 3 minutes...:cool: :p

Jerk... :p

AppleFanboi
Jul 2, 2007, 10:26 PM

I was at Bayshore, too. Person #80. I didn't even buy the iPhone, I just wanted to touch it and get a free shirt! I'm buying next week... hoping that any initial bugs will be fixed by that time.

I didn't high-five ya, but that was due to the lack of garbage cans and not wanting to leave my **** on the sidewalk! Don't take it personally! :D