Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e.magnusson

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
I was wondering if anyone had a problem like this.

I have a MacBook and I've downloaded Boot Camp and run Windows XP several times without a problem. Anyway, I downloaded it again because I accidentally deleted it and when it came to portioning the disks it told me it couldn't do it. I've tried repairing the disks and I'll just have to see if it works.

e.magnusson

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
Well, what happened was I would partition the disk and then after a while delete because I didn't use it, so when I went to go install Windows again it said it could partition it, is it already partitioned or is there something wrong with the disk?

JNB

macrumors 604
You MUST use the Boot Camp Assistant utility to create your partitions for use by Boot Camp. Don't use any other partitioning utility, particularly anything from the Windows CD.

Make sure you have also downloaded the instructions, read them, and follow them to the letter. All the problems folks have had (like waxing the MacOS partition) were because they just didn't follow the instructions provided.

LMO

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2007
You might try defragging the disk before trying to create the partition again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.