PDA

View Full Version : Halo PC Port Interview. "You can expect all the goodness of...

MacBytes
Jul 9, 2003, 08:54 AM
Cateopry: Games
Link: Halo PC Port Interview. "You can expect all the goodness of the PC version to carry over to the MAC version of the game." (http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=15392)

nuckinfutz
Jul 9, 2003, 08:54 AM
Old or not I'm still a Bungie fan. I'll be purchasing a copy or two.

dethl
Jul 9, 2003, 10:17 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Halo being developed for the Mac orginally before they sold out to Microshaft? So why would PC features be brought to the Mac?

Other than that little rant, I will buy this game. I can't wait to see how many FPS this will go on my new G5....that is if I ever get it.....I hope production starts really soon.

nuckinfutz
Jul 9, 2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by dethl
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Halo being developed for the Mac orginally before they sold out to Microshaft? So why would PC features be brought to the Mac?

Other than that little rant, I will buy this game. I can't wait to see how many FPS this will go on my new G5....that is if I ever get it.....I hope production starts really soon.

I know I thought the same. I guess it goes to show you that Develpers are keen on telling you something is in progress when the reality is very little code has been created.

MacManDan
Jul 9, 2003, 10:21 AM
Oooh .. Halo for Mac. I've always wanted to give Halo a spin after hearing so much about it and so many positive reviews. This is good news .. I'll get a chance to try it out..

I didn't even know it was being developed for Mac, let alone knowing that it was originally designed for Mac!

Billicus
Jul 9, 2003, 10:47 AM
Maybe I won't get that XBox then. ;) I'd rather play it on a Mac any day than support the Microsoft console. It's probably going to have pretty steep system requirements, no?

Mr. Anderson
Jul 9, 2003, 10:47 AM
Damn, I've been waiting for this game since it was announced way back in that other century....;)

I've played a lot of Bungie games, Marathons and Myths - never got Oni, but this one always looked so friggin cool. I'll be looking forward to it on my G5!!!

D

Pancake
Jul 11, 2003, 04:47 PM
I love Halo but I don't like the idea of learning how to play it with a keyboard and mouse after spending many months learning to love that ugly controller. Maybe some one will release a xbox like controller that can work on macs. Though I may finally buy an xbox and stop mooching off my friends. I hate supporting Microsoft, but they do sell them at a loss.

I never could understand people who say a mouse and keyboard is better for games. RTS and Diablo, yes, everything else, no. The only things I remeber from 1985-98 is Nintendo, Super Nintendo, And N64. I can operate a controller better than I can a fork. And that is really saying something considereing I wiegh 300+ lbs.(at the moment I am on a very strict diet and plan to be under 200 in 2 years)

Durandal7
Jul 11, 2003, 08:47 PM
I've been waiting years for this. I wanted Halo ever since it was first demoed at that Macworld, I can't remember if it was in 1999 or 1998. If only they would hurry up that damn port.

Halo!