Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firefighterZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Well i just opened up my mbp 17" w/7200rpm. I take the machine out of the box and holding it something doesn't look right. I set it on the desk and immediatly notice that it teeter-tots from the top right corner to the bottom left corner. I measured and there is about 1/16th of an inch from the desk to a raised side. anyone else with this problem. I have opened up the laptop and it still wobbles from side to side. :(

kind of sad to spend 3K on a laptop and it be messed up before i even turn it on.

wyatt23

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2006
Forest Hills, NY
you have the 14-day return policy. return it and get another. or simply call up apple and tell them about it.

i'd be pretty ticked too.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I have never seen this problem before, but I suspect that your MacBook is missing one of the little "feet" that give it clearance between the ground and the bottom of the computer. If that is in fact the case, these are easily replaced and are usually available very cheaply.

firefighterZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
you have the 14-day return policy. return it and get another. or simply call up apple and tell them about it.

i'd be pretty ticked too.

on the phone with apple care right now.. they apologized and now on hold so he can see what they can do about it...

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
I thought I had that problem with my MacBook as well, turns out it's just my desk is really wonky and not completely flat...

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
I had that on one of my MBPs. The front right corner never really sat on the desk. I tried many desks and it was the same on all so it definitely was the computer. It had other defects though so I returned it.

SonicRage

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2007
This may sound silly but are you sure the surface you're working on is level? I know my MBP teeters on my kitchen table but is fine on my desks.

firefighterZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I thought I had that problem with my MacBook as well, turns out it's just my desk is really wonky and not completely flat...

well i feel link a complete goof. I think i just might be my desk. I go to the kitchen table and there was less wobble. I set it on the floor and almost no wobble (wood floors), but the real test came when I set it on a glass end table and no wobble. I then set it on a plastic stand and no wobble.

I guess I am just so paranoid after hearing about yellow screens, crap hard-drives, and some of the other issues that are bothering mb & mbp users, and also considering the substantial amount of money i spent on this thing.

O'well. At least I now have a case number from apple that I can use if the wobble is really there and it isn't just my desk...

thanks for listening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.