Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baxter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
In the ongoing war on terror and the fear of any fair trading competition, Outpost.com informs me that they are not allowed to ship RAM outside the USA. Thanks to U.S. State Department laws concerning the export of restricted technology.

So I wasn't surprised when I saw this Bin-Laden-tape on Aljazeera.net. Osama just adressed the world. He screamed he was very disappointed and cried his eyes out in his shabby cave. Then he started whining there couldn't be any terroristic activities in the near feature due to a lack of 2 GB in his brand new MBP. At the end, as always, he cursed the free western world and told his revenge would be enormous if he could only find the memory to pull it off. Then he hopped on his camel an disappeared into the desert sunset.

So we can all be very proud. One cheer for the allied forces! I can see now why it's all progressing so smoothly in middle-east. You just gotta be tough on these guys with harsh rules and firm regulations. That'll teach those middle-east sissy's a lesson!

But when I close my eyes I see an image, a vision if you like. I see two billion Chinese factoryworkers. I can't understand a word they say, but man, do they look happy! And why? Because they're all packing small two 2GB ram modules in a nicely designed envelope. The outside of the envelope is covered with exotic, dragonlike images. They don't serve any purpose except to please the customer. The inside is covered with those small plastic bubbles that will protect my precious purchase. They make a popping noise when I squeeze them. The first pop shatters my beautiful dream. The second pop rudely wakes me up.

So, does anybody knows a good deal for 4GB of RAM from a shop that's based in a country without any conscience? And therefore does ship to the very heart of the axis of evil, called Western Europe? I don't mind if it's in a plain envelope this time. I promise.

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
In the ongoing war on terror and the fear of any fair trading competition, Outpost.com informs me that they are not allowed to ship RAM outside the USA. Thanks to U.S. State Department laws concerning the export of restricted technology.

So I wasn't surprised when I saw this Bin-Laden-tape on Aljazeera.net. Osama just adressed the world. He screamed he was very disappointed and cried his eyes out in his shabby cave. Then he started whining there couldn't be any terroristic activities in the near feature due to a lack of 2 GB in his brand new MBP. At the end, as always, he cursed the free western world and told his revenge would be enormous if he could only find the memory to pull it off. Then he hopped on his camel an disappeared into the desert sunset.

So we can all be very proud. One cheer for the allied forces! I can see now why it's all progressing so smoothly in middle-east. You just gotta be tough on these guys with harsh rules and firm regulations. That'll teach those middle-east sissy's a lesson!

But when I close my eyes I see an image, a vision if you like. I see two billion Chinese factoryworkers. I can't understand a word they say, but man, do they look happy! And why? Because they're all packing small two 2GB ram modules in a nicely designed envelope. The outside of the envelope is covered with exotic, dragonlike images. They don't serve any purpose except to please the customer. The inside is covered with those small plastic bubbles that will protect my precious purchase. They make a popping noise when I squeeze them. The first pop shatters my beautiful dream. The second pop rudely wakes me up.

So, does anybody knows a good deal for 4GB of RAM from a shop that's based in a country without any conscience? And therefore does ship to the very heart of the axis of evil, called Western Europe? I don't mind if it's in a plain envelope this time. I promise.

Funny! :D

I'm in the UK and recently bought from transintl.com (California) and they shipped without any complaints. I've also not been charged anything by customs as yet! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.