PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Denver, CO

Rooskibar03
Jun 21, 2007, 11:03 AM
May as well hop on the bandwagon..

Anyone planning anything in the Mile High City?

Rooskibar03
Jun 22, 2007, 10:45 AM
Sweet. Almost 24 hours and no one has anything to say. I guess my chances of getting one are looking pretty good. :D

bellicelli
Jun 23, 2007, 09:10 AM
I'm planning on getting 2. Can't decide if I'll try on Friday or not.

I'm thinking I'll either try the ATT store on the 16th street mall next to Rock Bottom or the Cherry Creek Apple Store.

Rooskibar03
Jun 23, 2007, 10:08 AM
I'm planning on getting 2. Can't decide if I'll try on Friday or not.

I'm thinking I'll either try the ATT store on the 16th street mall next to Rock Bottom or the Cherry Creek Apple Store.

Right on, Ill be in the south side of town. Going to leave work around noon and head over to Aspen Grove. It there is already a considerable line, I'll head over the Att store by my house.

Happy hunting.

bellicelli
Jun 23, 2007, 07:27 PM
Good luck. I have no idea how big this will really be. I'd really like to get one for he weekend, but I'm not sure I want to wait in line.I'd be interested to know how big demand is around town next Friday...

halo14
Jun 23, 2007, 10:15 PM
I've been waiting for about 2 years now...so I'm taking the day off Friday.
I've been calling around for the past month, and no good info yet.
Anyone have the scoop on the local stores?

Rooskibar03
Jun 23, 2007, 11:33 PM
I've been waiting for about 2 years now...so I'm taking the day off Friday.
I've been calling around for the past month, and no good info yet.
Anyone have the scoop on the local stores?

Nothing but the same speculation as everyone else here.

dabless
Jun 25, 2007, 10:26 AM
I'm thinking of being at the Cherry Creek Apple Store sometime early on Friday. does anyone know how the odds of getting one will be there? Also, I'm not familiar with the other ATT corporately owned stores in Denver. I know one but i'm sure its just a franchise.

Thanks,
see some of you there.

roland.g
Jun 25, 2007, 10:30 AM
Even with my birthday on Monday, I am trying to resist treating myself. I am going to wait for the initial wave to pass by, see what the response is, as well as give iLounge a chance to really review the cases and other products. I want more info on the phone and everything else too. I am hoping for 8, 12 or 8, 16 gig models by xmas or MWSF. I am also on contract till March, though I would consider breaking it.

However, I will make my way down to an Apple Store within the first week to check out a display model.

What I really want is a new industrial iMac or updated Mac Pro to hit in July so I can get a new Mac. If that can happen, my lust for an iPhone can be put on hold a little while (no pun intended).

dabless
Jun 25, 2007, 10:34 AM
Good luck. I have no idea how big this will really be. I'd really like to get one for he weekend, but I'm not sure I want to wait in line.I'd be interested to know how big demand is around town next Friday...

I wonder if it's possible to make posts in a macrumors forum from most cell phones. If so, is it possible to set up a forum where we could each post updates from each of the stores we are at referring to crowd size, etc? Form a crude network to get a feel for the traffic around the stores? Just a thought...:apple:

lazyrighteye
Jun 25, 2007, 10:38 AM
Right on, Ill be in the south side of town. Going to leave work around noon and head over to Aspen Grove. It there is already a considerable line, I'll head over the Att store by my house.

Happy hunting.

I'm hitting Aspen Grove as well with a buddy.
He plans on getting 1 iPhone.
I'm holding off until Aug 6 when my ties to VZW are officially over. :D
Going to be a fun Friday!

roland.g
Jun 25, 2007, 10:39 AM
I wonder if it's possible to make posts in a macrumors forum from most cell phones. If so, is it possible to set up a forum where we could each post updates from each of the stores we are at referring to crowd size, etc? Form a crude network to get a feel for the traffic around the stores? Just a thought...:apple:

Yes, go to mobile.macrumors.com

You can post mobile.

djkirsten
Jun 25, 2007, 11:04 AM
Yes, go to mobile.macrumors.com

You can post mobile.

or you can just wait until you get inside the apple store and use one of their many computers to post, yes they make computers too :)

zac4mac
Jun 25, 2007, 01:10 PM
I'll be hitting either the AT&T store or the Apple Store in Boulder. There's one each within 100 yards of each other at 29th street. I plan on getting there around 10 or 11 and pick the one with the shorter line. AT&T said they're closing around 4:30, but several folks at the Apple store said they aren't closing first.

By hook or by crook, I'll have an iPhone Friday evening and I'll even be able to play with it after I take my wife to dinner - Friday's her birthday and she's too sweet not bitching about me spending half the day in line waiting for a toy for myself...

Z

Mr. Mustard
Jun 25, 2007, 01:33 PM
well please let me know how every one enjoys the phone. most of the time all i hear is complaints on this site. so i really don't expect anything different on sat.

laddbosworth
Jun 25, 2007, 02:10 PM
I heard from a friend at the Cherry Creek store that they have rented the empty space next door and they are going to use it as a staging area for the customers lining up.

I'll be heading to the Cherry Creek store and will have my laptop. Assuming I'm in range of the Apple store's free wifi, I'll be updating my blog with line status, etc.

http://www.1448south.com/

repdetect2
Jun 25, 2007, 03:02 PM
I will more than likely be camping at AT&T chain store to ensure I get one.

I would love to go to the apple store, but I am leery as this will be a hub of activity...

laddbosworth----

What time do you plan on heading over, I could alter my plans I meet up with you...

laddbosworth
Jun 25, 2007, 03:21 PM
laddbosworth----

What time do you plan on heading over, I could alter my plans I meet up with you...

I'm not sure... probably early... I agree with the other folks that the Apple stores will be busier... and everyone seems to be headed to Cherry Creek or Aspen Grove, so maybe Park Meadows is a better choice since it's a lesser known store? But then again they may not get the same allocation of iPhones... I just don't know! Argh. I wish we had more information!

Rooskibar03
Jun 25, 2007, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure... probably early... I agree with the other folks that the Apple stores will be busier... and everyone seems to be headed to Cherry Creek or Aspen Grove, so maybe Park Meadows is a better choice since it's a lesser known store? But then again they may not get the same allocation of iPhones... I just don't know! Argh. I wish we had more information!

There are no shortage of Apple stores in town thats for sure.

Maybe we should start a phone tree like some companies :D to alert people of lines forming...

repdetect2
Jun 25, 2007, 03:53 PM
I would imagine that the Apple Stores should get the largest allocation one would thing. The other factor is that the Apple store is inside the mall, no one can camp until the mall opens and things will be extremely controlled.

Camping outside isn't a bad idea, but with the 90-95 degree weather, definitely makes the inside option with bathrooms that much more appealing.

So what time do you think we should head up there, 10, 11?

Almost makes me thing we should exchange aim names, or get an irc chat going. I have a few ideas on how we can coordinate...

lazyrighteye
Jun 25, 2007, 04:29 PM

And let's not forget the Colorado Mills Apple Store - I'd vote it least known Apple Store in Colorado.

Good luck & have fun, all!

laddbosworth
Jun 25, 2007, 04:52 PM
I think you mean Flatiron Crossing... not colorado mills...

my email is laddbosworth@gmail.com if anyone wants updates on where I'm at and how bad the line is...

If you email me I'll give you my cell number, but don't want to post it here...

LoneWolf121188
Jun 25, 2007, 05:07 PM

my email is laddbosworth@gmail.com if anyone wants updates on where I'm at and how bad the line is...

If you email me I'll give you my cell number, but don't want to post it here...
Flatirons? Least known? Are you kidding me??? I'm avoiding that one at all costs, given that its the largest mall within, oh, 50 miles or so. :rolleyes:

I'll probably be heading down to the 29th St Mall one in Boulder. Or I might just order it online, I can wait.

lazyrighteye
Jun 25, 2007, 06:19 PM

Flatirons? Least known? Are you kidding me??? I'm avoiding that one at all costs, given that its the largest mall within, oh, 50 miles or so. :rolleyes:

I'll probably be heading down to the 29th St Mall one in Boulder. Or I might just order it online, I can wait.

Ha! You're both right. :p
Mondaze...

I guess Flatiron is least known to me.
I just never find myself in malls...

But I might in 4 days. :D

What model do y'all plan on getting? 4 or 8G?
For me, AT&T plans are the deal breaker.
That said, I am thinking 4G, just to have the least investment in a new tech.

HasanDaddy
Jun 25, 2007, 06:33 PM
I'm definitely planning on getting one, but do you guys actually think that the stores will sell out?

I'm debating between Cherry Creek and the Littleton store ---- now that I know that Cherry Creek is reserving space though, it seems that they have their ***** together -- I may just go there

are you guys suggesting Boulder because its the least well known?

repdetect2
Jun 25, 2007, 06:33 PM
laddbosworth-- you have mail :)

My email is repdetect2@gmail.com

Anyone who wants to try and coordinate on getting to a specific spot let me know. Strength in numbers, especially if we are first in line...

HasanDaddy
Jun 25, 2007, 06:34 PM
btw - if I have a friend at the apple store, can he/she reserve one for me, or does Apple have strict policy against that?

laddbosworth
Jun 26, 2007, 08:25 AM
btw - if I have a friend at the apple store, can he/she reserve one for me, or does Apple have strict policy against that?

I've been begging my friends that work at the apple store to save me one, but they can't. I even suggested just hiding it behind a copy of crappy software so I could "accidentally" find it. No go. Guess we all have to wait in line.

Anyone have a friend at an att store that would be more "flexible"??

And in response to your question "do you guys actually think that the stores will sell out?" I don't know. I know Apple has been feverishly cranking these guys off the assembly line and they want to sell as many as possible in the first weekend. It all comes down to supply, but I do think that it's going to sell out fairly quickly. The demand seems to be incredible.

tesuji
Jun 26, 2007, 12:01 PM
Now that rate plans have been announced and it looks like I can pay just $20 more than I'm currently paying (already with AT&T, long overdue for an upgrade to my 3-1/2 year old phone), it looks like I'll be standing in line on Friday afternoon... I'll probably pick up my son early (3pm or so) and check out the line at the Park Meadows Apple store -- if it's bad, then we'll try the AT&T store in Lone Tree. If anyone wants to exchange crowd updates via cell phone, e-mail me at jill65 @ earthlink.net . I was trying to stay detached, but now I can't wait for Friday!

LoneWolf121188
Jun 26, 2007, 09:45 PM
are you guys suggesting Boulder because its the least well known?
No, its cuz I live in Longmont and Boulder is a heck of a lot closer than Cherry Creek. :) I'll be in the Apple store at 29th St tomorrow (to see if they'll redo the TIM on my MBP), anything you guys want me to ask em about the iPhone?

HasanDaddy
Jun 27, 2007, 12:52 PM
thanks for all the input guys

what do ya'll think? Littleton store or Cherry Creek?

Rooskibar03
Jun 27, 2007, 01:39 PM
Repdect is headed to CC, and Ill be going over the AG. I'm then going to see where the line is shorter and plant myself there.

halo14
Jun 27, 2007, 08:38 PM
I'll be looking for shorter lines. Hope we all get one.

harvardboi
Jun 27, 2007, 09:59 PM
hello all. i am planning to go to the CC store on friday. how early do you think i should arrive? 10am when the mall opens?

laddbosworth
Jun 27, 2007, 10:06 PM
hello all. i am planning to go to the CC store on friday. how early do you think i should arrive? 10am when the mall opens?

I'd get there right at 10 when they open... much later than that and there will probably be a good sized line!

zac4mac
Jun 28, 2007, 06:48 AM
Lonewolf - you wanna carpool? I live out on 119 at Longview and I'll be taking my car, food, toys, chargers and and inverter and a folding chair.. comfort counts when waiting :cool:

Also for those up north, Ft. Collins has an AT&T store, but for me Boulder's the closest.

This time day-after-tomorrow I might be tired of playing and go to sleep.

Z

Rooskibar03
Jun 28, 2007, 09:30 AM
Part of me hopes the heat will keep the line at the Aspen Grove store down some with two mall (indoor) locations nearby.

Not that I'm a big fan of the sun, I burn like a lobster, but if it means a few hours to score one, oh well..

kman34
Jun 28, 2007, 11:26 AM
Since I'm looking to buy two phones (one for me & one for the wife) it looks like I'm driving to the Denver area.
I know that the CC store should be packed...The Littleton store will also be nuts...what about the Park Meadows store??? Is it also in a mall?

I'm also not nuts about waiting outside, so a mall might be a good choice.

So where do you all think I should head tomorrow?

kman34
Jun 28, 2007, 03:02 PM
a little help...

laddbosworth
Jun 28, 2007, 03:57 PM
a little help...

I'd go to park meadows. You won't have to stand outside. Also, their store opens earlier than the cherry creek store so there is likely to be more organization of the line there.

zac4mac
Jun 28, 2007, 03:57 PM
Kman - get the google earth plug-in for AT&T/Cingular stores, there's three in the Springs it looks like:
5881 N ACADEMY BOULEVARD
Colorado Springs CO
(719) 260-1438

5825 Constitution Ave.
Colorado Springs CO
(719) 638-8922

1785 E CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN BOULEVARD
Colorado Springs CO
(719) 226-0804

That'd beat the hell out of driving up to Denver.

Z

kman34
Jun 28, 2007, 04:11 PM
True, but you can only buy one phone at AT&T stores and I need two. According to some published reports AT&T store will only have about 70 phones compared to Apple stores having 1000...I like my chances better getting two phones at on store than trying to get one phone at two different locations....

I think I might try Park Meadows, but I'm always up for suggestions...

Thanks!

Rooskibar03
Jun 28, 2007, 05:27 PM
Already a line of about 10 people in front of the Aspen Grove store. :mad: Not one looks old enough to legally enter into a contract, let alone afford one.

kman34
Jun 28, 2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the update...looks like the mall for me.

zac4mac
Jun 28, 2007, 06:29 PM
I went by the Boulder store at lunchtime - nobody camping. There also was nobody in the Verizon store, but the AT&T store was packed.
AT&T's network may be slow and spotty, but at least they don't cripple their phones
Z

LoneWolf121188
Jun 28, 2007, 06:43 PM
Lonewolf - you wanna carpool? I live out on 119 at Longview and I'll be taking my car, food, toys, chargers and and inverter and a folding chair.. comfort counts when waiting :cool:

Also for those up north, Ft. Collins has an AT&T store, but for me Boulder's the closest.

This time day-after-tomorrow I might be tired of playing and go to sleep.

Z
IDK about carpooling, but we could definitely meet up. I might have to drive down to Golden immediately after I get my phone...what time are you planning on getting there?

zac4mac
Jun 28, 2007, 08:40 PM
They open at 10 so I imagine I'll head over sometime around there. I really don't think they're going to sell out, but...

I'm so antsy over this thing, I might go earlier, especially after Rooskibar's info about Aspen Grove lining up already.
Of the three Grand Openings I've been to out here AG was the biggest turnout. I got there at 4:30 in the morning and there were a half dozen psychos:rolleyes: there already.

I'll be wearing an "OS8.5 Sherlock" T-shirt.

Z

grafikat
Jun 28, 2007, 08:46 PM
Anyone in Fort Collins? I may head over there as they have an ATT store (if I get to feeling silly). If so, I'll be in the Moof! Shirtt

kman34
Jun 28, 2007, 09:28 PM
Good luck all and post if you get the chance when you discover low long/short the lines are!

Hinkman
Jun 28, 2007, 10:34 PM
OK, I just drove over the the Apple store at Aspen Grove. I live right behind so I thought I would just run over and check it out. I went by the store at about 9:10 PM and the line had already formed. I would say about 20 or so people. THey had chairs and tents setup. So, if you are going to the Apple store at Aspen Grove I would get going.

Rooskibar03
Jun 28, 2007, 10:52 PM
They open at 10 so I imagine I'll head over sometime around there. I really don't think they're going to sell out, but...

I'm so antsy over this thing, I might go earlier, especially after Rooskibar's info about Aspen Grove lining up already.
Of the three Grand Openings I've been to out here AG was the biggest turnout. I got there at 4:30 in the morning and there were a half dozen psychos:rolleyes: there already.

I'll be wearing an "OS8.5 Sherlock" T-shirt.

Z

I was one of those Psychos at the AG grand opening. Got there about 7pm on the 9th. Bought the 2nd iPod sold out of that store.. 7th in line I think.

zac4mac
Jun 29, 2007, 05:51 AM
Rooskibar - that's the problem I have with the 6pm release, I was ready for a "night out" waiting, instead it's gonna be hot. Enjoy your toy.
I'm sure if you were one of the "campers", we talked a bit then. I was one of the few there that already had an iPod - FedEx delivered it the day before. That one was a lot of fun. At CC's opening I brought along an old Outbound Kangaroo to play with while waiting and my iBook was the first sale.

Guess I'd better get going to the Boulder store and prove my psycho ststus.

Z

laddbosworth
Jun 29, 2007, 08:08 AM
there are about 35 people here at Cherry Creek in line already.

I'm here with Repdetec2 at the front of the line.

kman34
Jun 29, 2007, 08:42 AM
Yikes...looks like your in good shape, but others better start getting there soon.

Thanks for the update!

zac4mac
Jun 29, 2007, 09:34 AM
Just got to the Boulder store - the line is growing, probably 30 folks now. Got a nice spot in the shade..that's a good thing.

Z

tesuji
Jun 29, 2007, 09:45 AM
From the bus, on our way up I-25, I got a glimpse of the Park Meadows parking lot. There were quite a few cars already parked outside of the two entrances closest to the Apple Store...

I'm stuck at work for most of the day (bad timing -- end of state fiscal year conflicts with critical gadget acquisition activity!) but will be heading over to Park Meadows around 3:30 with PowerBook and videos to entertain the two-year-old...

Luck to everyone,
--Jill

harvardboi
Jun 29, 2007, 10:09 AM
at cherry creek. about 60 people in line. if you are coming, don't bring a chair. they will not let you use it.

nine hours to go :-)

zac4mac
Jun 29, 2007, 10:19 AM
A mid-size FedEx truck just showed up... I think it's our phones.
This is gonna be a long day

Z

Rooskibar03
Jun 29, 2007, 10:32 AM
at cherry creek. about 60 people in line. if you are coming, don't bring a chair. they will not let you use it.

nine hours to go :-)

60 already, Its looking more and more like an ATT store might be the way to go.

Cant get over to AG till 11 or so.

ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY:mad: :mad:

zac4mac
Jun 29, 2007, 10:35 AM
We just got re-organized in line, out on the sidewalk, no longer in the shade, but still in AirPort range. About 40 people now, chairs are abundant here. Bring sunscreen.

Z

laddbosworth
Jun 29, 2007, 10:50 AM
harvardboy...where are you in line... come say hi. Light blue polo #5 in line

microchip13
Jun 29, 2007, 10:52 AM
i am in line. i am the guy with the umpc.

bri3d
Jun 29, 2007, 11:09 AM
i'm at 29th street with microchip13
i'm the guy with the umpc at the moment (microchip is getting a smoothie)
near front of line by stairs - say hi
atnt store has shorter loine but no party

Rooskibar03
Jun 29, 2007, 11:40 AM
How are lines looking at PM and CC?

Anyone at AG?

ScottW-CO
Jun 29, 2007, 12:09 PM
Boulder guys, thanks for posting - and keep us up to date on the crowd count!

I'm stuck at work so I can't come join the pah-tay just yet. But I'll be there after while with a couple of other friends.

harvardboi
Jun 29, 2007, 12:25 PM
@100 peps at CC

bri3d
Jun 29, 2007, 12:26 PM
we (microchip, i, and a friend) just built a green tarp shelter @ 29th street apple store
one security guy ok'd it but said he can't approve generally.
they're not allowing tying to anything (understandable) and mini-gazebos.
chairs and umbrellas are accepted though (as is our green tarp, so far)
really, really hot+sunny - bring sunscreen, an umbrella, and tons of water
50-60 people here (ish)
grew from about midnight-3 and then dropped off until late this morning (8-9)
crowd growth is picking up again, with some more "casual" looking people (and females - there weren't any until 7ish this morning! shows the nature of hardcore apple fans :p )
if you see our green tarp (if you don't you're blind) drop in and say hi

harvardboi
Jun 29, 2007, 12:27 PM
if rumors are accurate, apple stores will have @1000 phoned with a 1:4 ratio for 4gb to 8gb. ATT stores will average 50-70.

LoneWolf121188
Jun 29, 2007, 12:28 PM
Looks like I won't be able to join you guys at 29th St, the parentals put the kabosh on that. Still not 100% sure they're gonna let me buy one at all, even though I'm 18 and they won't be paying for it. :confused: If I do get one, it'll be online.

Speaking of which, does it go on sale online at 4PM MDT?

ScottW-CO
Jun 29, 2007, 12:30 PM
6pm local time, across the various time zones.

darthcoder
Jun 29, 2007, 12:52 PM
About 30 people in line. running macbooks off my car :-)

brewser
Jun 29, 2007, 01:01 PM
About 30 people in line. running macbooks off my car :-)

I wonder how many Fort Collins is getting? Anyone know how Flatirons is doing at the Apple Store?

buzzbee
Jun 29, 2007, 01:35 PM
Hey, stuck at work here, but since no one has posted from Flatirons Crossing, I am going to run over there and take a look.

Remember when Jaguar was released? Aspen Grove had a midnight release party. The line was around the building.

http://homepage.mac.com/kingbee/iMovieTheater40.html

Rooskibar03
Jun 29, 2007, 01:45 PM
Well guys I gave up on the AG store. I was able to score 4th in line at the Att store over at Wadsworth and Bowell.

LoneWolf121188
Jun 29, 2007, 02:06 PM
Well guys I gave up on the AG store. I was able to score 4th in line at the Att store over at Wadsworth and Bowell.
Nice! I assume they have free wi-fi?

igrover
Jun 29, 2007, 02:22 PM
Drove by the AT&T store in thornton and there were 20+ people in line. Most were holding umbrellas because of the heat.

ScottW-CO
Jun 29, 2007, 02:37 PM
Some fellow named Josh posted some photos of the Flatirons mall line on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/josh_gray/sets/72157600554899680/

brewser
Jun 29, 2007, 03:02 PM
The thing is that there is an AT&T store in the area and another Apple store in Boulder. I don't think Denver area people will have troubles getting one tonight. I think there is a total of 5 Apple stores in the area and many AT&T stores.

Rooskibar03
Jun 29, 2007, 03:32 PM
Nice! I assume they have free wi-fi?

Actually not, but the Heidis deli does..

avkills
Jun 29, 2007, 04:21 PM
Actually not, but the Heidis deli does..

How many people are there at that store now Rooskibar? I am tempted to go to AG, but may just go there since I already have a plan with at&t.

-mark

Rooskibar03
Jun 29, 2007, 04:40 PM
How many people are there at that store now Rooskibar? I am tempted to go to AG, but may just go there since I already have a plan with at&t.

-mark

We are coming up on the 20 mark.

So far the guy tells us we are covered.

3:1 ratio on 8 to 4

avkills
Jun 29, 2007, 04:48 PM
We are coming up on the 20 mark.

So far the guy tells us we are covered.

3:1 ratio on 8 to 4

Are they opening at 4pm (6pm eastern) ?

-mark

Rooskibar03
Jun 29, 2007, 04:54 PM
Are they opening at 4pm (6pm eastern) ?

-mark

No they are closing the store at 4:30 and reopening at 6. Line jumped maybe 8 folks in the last few.

I suspect as we come up on 5 the lines will grow as people get out of work...

avkills
Jun 29, 2007, 05:05 PM
Is everyone in line a definite buy (at the Bowles/Kipling att store) or are some you think just doing a look see before they think about buying.

I may head over around 5:30pm then and if it is a mad house I'll just wait.

-mark

Rooskibar03
Jun 29, 2007, 05:16 PM
The guy is out here now counting. He is asking the folks at the end of the line if they are after 4 or 8. Based on the look, I'm guessing we are getting close to running out of 8's. He still says we are covered.

They claimed to be keeping count and would let us know when we reach the max.

avkills
Jun 29, 2007, 05:31 PM
The guy is out here now counting. He is asking the folks at the end of the line if they are after 4 or 8. Based on the look, I'm guessing we are getting close to running out of 8's. He still says we are covered.

They claimed to be keeping count and would let us know when we reach the max.

Wow! That would be a complete stomping on Apple's part if they sold almost everything they shipped in the first couple of days.

-mark

Rooskibar03
Jun 29, 2007, 05:39 PM
Wow! That would be a complete stomping on Apple's part if they sold almost everything they shipped in the first couple of days.

-mark

Latest update.

He just came out and said everyone in line would get a phone. Anyone who comes after this its going to be close.

Sounds like folks at the end of the line will only have 4 gigs to pick from depending on how this shakes out.

paintmav
Jun 29, 2007, 05:48 PM
just wanted to post number 43 of 90ish people in line, posting this on my soon to be obsolelete Q

StolenPhone
Jun 29, 2007, 06:34 PM
In line at Colorado Mills ATT. Im #19. About 50 in line. ATT guy came by and told the last 25 that they may not get one and to go to Park Meadows. He hinted 5 4G and 20 8G. Wow...only 25 here...

HasanDaddy
Jun 29, 2007, 07:46 PM
Folks - come to cherry creek - the store clerk says they have plenty here - I just got into line now

Shout me out if ya see me - I'm the dude in rose colored sunglasses (bono-style)

Peace and love

igrover
Jun 29, 2007, 08:13 PM
Went to the AT&T store in Thornton to stand in line at 2:30pm. I was around number 15. The store manager would come out every 30-45 minutes to count and ask us which phone we would be getting. He appeared to be concerned, and sure enough they had only 40 phones, 50-50 split. So as the line grew to around 50 people he had to tell those at the end that they would not get a phone.

Also, the large-breasted blonde bimbo working one of the cash registers told me and the person in front of me that we had to call Apple using a phone number on the phone receipt to activate the phone. When I asked her to show me the phone number on the receipt, of course she could not find it and asked a co-worker who promptly told us to activate online via iTunes.

The process took longer than I anticipated because AT&T wanted to do a credit check right then and there, and said that if you purchased at an Apple store you would have to come in to see AT&T tomorrow anyway. Does not seem right, but who knows at least I got my phone.

milkmanamok
Jun 29, 2007, 10:32 PM
In & out at Cherry Creek in about three minutes. I neglected to ask how many more they have there, but there was a sizable pyramid behind the iPhone counter. Will wait until Sunday to activate & port, given apparent issues with Verizon porting and the load all you other monkeys are putting on AT&T servers.

HasanDaddy
Jun 30, 2007, 03:05 AM
Got mine at Cherry Creek

gotta give props to Apple and the Cherry Creek store ------ I was deeply impressed with how well they handled everything --- the employees were pumped and they made people feel really excited about this thing, in addition to working hard to have plenty of people on hand to help

there were plenty left when I went to 7 PM and I hear they are having another shipment tomorrow ----- I think everyone in Denver will have one, if they want one

THANK YOU APPLE!! well done!

BlackBerry is now retired

and lastly..... thank you Apple for finally making a 'Treo-Like' device --- after 4 years of having that handle, I can finally change it

tenmiler
Jun 30, 2007, 01:31 PM
Just wondering if it's worth it to make the drive down to Denver to AT&T or Apple Store as I live up in the hills, and ordered one online. Then I saw the 2-4 week delivery time...

Would love to know where to go if it's even worth it.

:)

Rooskibar03
Jun 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
Just wondering if it's worth it to make the drive down to Denver to AT&T or Apple Store as I live up in the hills, and ordered one online. Then I saw the 2-4 week delivery time...

Would love to know where to go if it's even worth it.

:)

I just called the Aspen Grove store about 30 mins ago and they still had them, both 8 and 4.

Well folks, 24 hours later. How's everybody doing?

tenmiler
Jun 30, 2007, 11:58 PM

I finally gave up on this forum and just called the Cherry Creek store. GO THERE!

As a flagship, they got the most product. And I walked in, past some crowds, and walked out five minutes later with an 8G at 4pm today. They had a huge pile of them.

However, don't expect to use it right away. AT&T is having HUGE backups and my phone is nothing more than a paperweight. They are saying 24 hours to activate.

Apple screwed up by not allowing people to at least use the non-phone stuff while things are activating (and yes, I was already an AT&T customer). It's frustrating and everyone is pointing fingers.

It might not be worth running down there but I played with the emergency number pad for an hour, now I'm back to reality realizing it's a gadget and my life will go on if I can't have it for a few more hours... or not. :)

Rooskibar03
Jul 1, 2007, 12:28 AM
Geez, 24 hours? That is long past unacceptable.

Way to go ATT and screw this up.

ScottW-CO
Jul 1, 2007, 05:24 PM
FYI, the Boulder store (29th St) still has plenty of units in stock. I was by there around noon today, checking out cases/etc.

Oddly, I ran across the guy who was RIGHT behind me in line on Friday. He had bought two units (one for himself, one for his g/f) and the g/f's unit had touchscreen issues, so they were back trying to get'em sorted out. :P

techreporter
Jul 2, 2007, 01:15 PM
Greetings. This is Kimberly Johnson, Tech Reporter at the Denver Post. I've been reading the comments on this forum and wanted to know if any Colorado folks have had issues (as is being reported) activating their iPhone account, or any other problems. I'm working on a story for Tuesday's (7/3)business section. Please feel free to e-mail me or contact me by phone.
Thanks,
Kimberly

brewser
Jul 2, 2007, 01:23 PM
Greetings. This is Kimberly Johnson, Tech Reporter at the Denver Post. I've been reading the comments on this forum and wanted to know if any Colorado folks have had issues (as is being reported) activating their iPhone account, or any other problems. I'm working on a story for Tuesday's (7/3)business section. Please feel free to e-mail me or contact me by phone.
Thanks,
Kimberly

I think most had to wait overnight for activation because of jammed servers. When you sell 300K phones in about an hour and have everyone activating at once it's going to cause some issues. I am sure they are activating pretty fast now.

Rooskibar03
Jul 3, 2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks,
Kimberly

Kimberly,

Nice article, fair and balanced and most important it wasn't an iPhone activation process bashing report. Keep us in mind if you ever want to know whats on the minds of the Denver area Mac Geeks.

princealfie
Jul 3, 2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks,
Kimberly

Sorry but it was an overload issue not an iPhone issue! :mad:

HasanDaddy
Jul 7, 2007, 08:04 AM
I activated at 4 am that night and everything went through fine

I love this phone

hexonxonx
Jul 7, 2007, 03:17 PM
This was the easiest device I have ever purchased and activated.

All within 30 minutes I activated, ported my phone number over and had my iPhone loaded with music. My phone was able to make and recieve calls to my ported over number within 30 minutes. I thought it would take a day to be able to use my old number with my phone. Incredible!

I got my phone at the Aspen Grove Apple store in Littleton.

roland.g
Jul 10, 2007, 12:13 AM
I got mine on Saturday, said it was activated within minutes though I suspected only outgoing calls. On Sunday morning I called from my wife's phone, also ported, and got my voicemail on my old carrier. I called AT&T and they sent the port through. My old phone no longer worked (and yes, until Sunday when I realized still no incoming, my old phone was off, though when I did turn it on to find it working still, I got a voicemail on it.) once they sent the port through, but I think I was still missing calls. 2 people told me today that they called late Sunday and left messages, and I never rec'd them or had missed calls. When I got home from work today, I got an email from the iTunes store telling my that the mobile number transfer was now complete. I still have not rec'd any calls tonight so while I know that I can, I still don't know if some calls, voicemails and texts aren't getting though. A bit worrisome. My old carrier was t-mobile.