Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vivid38

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I just bought this MacBook Pro and it has built in Isight. It's a work computer, but I used the isight for something I'd rather not have anyone see. I was webchatting in Safari with a Flash or Java based chat client (I don't know which). I was using Private Browsing in Safari, and I've subsequently emptied the browser cache and cleared the history.

Are there any remnants of this (ahem) episode still left on my computer somewhere? Some Isight, flash or java cache I don't know about? Any temp folders?

If this accidentally was discovered during a presentation, I would fall over and die right there. Please alliviate my worry.

Thanks.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
I doubt that it's still on your Mac but you do realize once it is out in the wild it's out there for good, it isn't your Mac you should be worrying about it's the other persons computer and the numerous servers your "shining moments" went through...I'm sure the people at your ISP enjoyed it and maybe you'll see yourself on YouTube in the not to distant future.:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.