Jwa276 (Jon and Girlfriend)
indig0blue

Sawmill AT&T:

Polaris AT&T:

Tuttle AT&T(maybe):

indig0blue
Jun 21, 2007, 12:00 PM
Hey There,

I definitely won't be going to the Apple store. My priority is getting a phone and not the whole "experience". I think the Easton store will be SWAMPED that day. I am going to try an AT&T store and make a final decision on information that is gathered next week leading up until launch.

I would have like to avoid being in line all day but I think that is pretty innevitable.

Given that Columbus is a smaller market, what is the vibe you are getting regarding the demand here? Do you know a lot of people that will be camping out? I haven't been able to get a good read on the Columbus market except to say that it is quite different from CA which is where I am from.

afbuckeye
Jun 21, 2007, 12:19 PM
i'm in columbus as well but i haven't gotten a good read either... i really haven't decided whether i should go to the apple store or to an at&t store..

hmm....

qzak
Jun 21, 2007, 12:24 PM
man, easton will be swamped. Easton on a nice day, like we've been having a lot of, friday evening? good luck.

theres an at&t store at the south campus gateway that has an ad up for the iphone in the window, so i'm guessin they'll be selling it. i'll head over there. only a couple min drive from my place.

indig0blue
Jun 21, 2007, 12:26 PM
kgarchar, afbuckeye, qzak, and others -

Regardless of where you guys decide to wait in line at, have either of you decided at what time to go? I am thinking more and more that I will need to wait all day but I am not sure.

What are you guys thinking about doing?

qzak
Jun 21, 2007, 12:39 PM
kgarchar, afbuckeye, qzak, and others -

Regardless of where you guys decide to wait in line at, have either of you decided at what time to go? I am thinking more and more that I will need to wait all day but I am not sure.

What are you guys thinking about doing?

if i go early at all, it will be like 5, 5:30. no way i'm gonna sit at the store all day long. i really don't think it will be a problem getting one. i could see a line going because it takes time to sign people up, but i don't expect 200 people to be lined up outside every at&t store in the city. if i gotta wait 30 min, an hour to sign up, that's fine.

mattyd21
Jun 21, 2007, 12:42 PM
Easton will probably be crazy and you'll be out directly in the sun all day. With the at&t at the gateway or sawmill, there is some shade. All the at&t people I've spoke with have said they expect people to be there when they open up at 10. One of the at&t stores already had cases and stuff. They said they got "plenty" in, but wouldn't be selling them until Friday. So I think I may just drive over to one in the morning and see if there is a line. I really don't want to wait outside all day for it, but I guess I may if I'll definitely get one. My two cents.

qzak
Jun 21, 2007, 12:46 PM
i don't have anything to do on Fridays, so i just wish they'd display the phones all day Friday, so I could go in and play with one to get a better idea about it before everyone gets off work and the stores become crowded

indig0blue
Jun 21, 2007, 12:48 PM
I am repeating a bit her from another thread I made but I think it is relevant since this is a "Columbus" thread.

TUTTTLE MALL AT&T STORE - One guy said that they will have the iPhone on launch day and will be organizing a "movie theater" type line for people who want to wait. He seemed cool and I appreciated that he was straight forward.

SAWMILL AND POLARIS AT&T STORES - The other two places that I called were your typical "duh" AT&T employee. Both places said that they didn't know if they will have the iPhones or not. But somehow both of these stores will have security on hand at launch day to handle crowds. Hmmm? I pressed one employee by asking "if you are a corporate store then won't you have the iPhones?". She responded by saying that she won't know anything until 6pm on launch day. So unless the employees are taking a REALLY LONG lunch break then why would 6pm have any significance? And by the way, this girl also said there will be security at her store to handle lines. Lines? Lines for what?

I am leaning towards Tuttle, but I would prefer Sawmill because of where I live. I think even if I don't "stand in line" until 10am or maybe later, I envision myself sitting in my car early waiting before i get in line.

kgarchar
Jun 21, 2007, 01:09 PM
a few apple store workers have said that all the apple stores are going to be having huge releases for the iphone. Also a possibility of giving away some for free. I guess since this is one of the biggest products with the most anticipation behind it, that would make sense

I'll be going around 6 o clock on thursday night, just so i can say I waited for 24 hours. haha

i guess it's more because the big gaming nerds have their consoles to camp out for, then I have my iphone to camp out for. I think if a few of my friends come, it could be a fun time.

iMouseHD
Jun 21, 2007, 02:26 PM
So what great local is going to let me play with theirs If I dont get one, I am not above giving bribes. :)

Mouse

MacBook Jedi
Jun 21, 2007, 07:03 PM
You can play with mine. Not sure how I am going to get a line-wink wink/nudge nudge

aleksivic
Jun 21, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'm going to spending next Weekend in Cleveland... I hope the Legacy Village store in Lyndhurst won't be swamped.....

jwa276
Jun 23, 2007, 04:53 PM
I'll be at the Easton store at around noon with a work buddy. Taking the day off for a phone... it's so necessary though!!!

AaronHeth
Jun 23, 2007, 08:53 PM
I talked to an employee at Easton today who made it sound like they would have plenty of stock. He said he had been there since the store opened and he can't imagine not having enough iPhones for everyone who wanted one. He also said that they would shut down around 5 and completely re-make the store for the event.

Npalettas
Jun 25, 2007, 10:59 AM
I myself am leaning toward the easton apple store. Although the apple store will undoubtedly be the hot spot for the iPhone, it does offer the whole experience. Plus, im almost positive that apple stores will have more units than any retailing AT&T stores. Any ideas on how the contracting may work at the apple store? From what i've heard, Apple store will only be selling the hardware and plans will be bought through be bought/activated through either iTunes or the AT&T site. Does this mean I can buy the iPhone from the apple store and transfer my current account to it by contacting an AT&T representative?

Neo :apple:

pjmurphy77
Jun 25, 2007, 12:24 PM
I was a little confused when I read the article in The Dispatch this morning that indicated the store at Tuttle was NOT a corporate store? I think my best bet will be to hit the Easton area - there we have two AT&T stores and the Easton store to scope out. A guy at Tuttle AT&T told me that if you do buy at the Apple store, you would have to physically come back into an AT&T store to activate (I am switching from TMOB) That makes NO sense to me - Apple is all about the experience..

see you guys Friday!! Who is bringing the TimBits??

I am repeating a bit her from another thread I made but I think it is relevant since this is a "Columbus" thread.

TUTTTLE MALL AT&T STORE - One guy said that they will have the iPhone on launch day and will be organizing a "movie theater" type line for people who want to wait. He seemed cool and I appreciated that he was straight forward.

SAWMILL AND POLARIS AT&T STORES - The other two places that I called were your typical "duh" AT&T employee. Both places said that they didn't know if they will have the iPhones or not. But somehow both of these stores will have security on hand at launch day to handle crowds. Hmmm? I pressed one employee by asking "if you are a corporate store then won't you have the iPhones?". She responded by saying that she won't know anything until 6pm on launch day. So unless the employees are taking a REALLY LONG lunch break then why would 6pm have any significance? And by the way, this girl also said there will be security at her store to handle lines. Lines? Lines for what?

I am leaning towards Tuttle, but I would prefer Sawmill because of where I live. I think even if I don't "stand in line" until 10am or maybe later, I envision myself sitting in my car early waiting before i get in line.

indig0blue
Jun 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
I was a little confused when I read the article in The Dispatch this morning that indicated the store at Tuttle was NOT a corporate store? I think my best bet will be to hit the Easton area - there we have two AT&T stores and the Easton store to scope out. A guy at Tuttle AT&T told me that if you do buy at the Apple store, you would have to physically come back into an AT&T store to activate (I am switching from TMOB) That makes NO sense to me - Apple is all about the experience..

see you guys Friday!! Who is bringing the TimBits??

I am still trying to decide whether to go to Easton or hit the Sawmill AT&T store. Do you really think Easton is the best bet? What time are you going to get there?

pjmurphy77
Jun 25, 2007, 12:49 PM
Since I have to pass the Sawmill AT&T store to get to Easton, if it looks empty at 9 or so, I may just park it there.. I just hope the store tells us how many units they have (at 10 AM opening?) so people can leave if necessary.

I am still trying to decide whether to go to Easton or hit the Sawmill AT&T store. Do you really think Easton is the best bet? What time are you going to get there?

kgarchar
Jun 25, 2007, 02:07 PM
So I started out a list, post in the thread where you'll be, and I'll update it.

jwa276
Jun 25, 2007, 02:23 PM
I live right across the street (pretty much) from the Sawmill store, but I (like others have mentioned) am going to the Apple store because of the experience.

God I really hope they have enough phones.... I am going to flip out if I don't get one on Friday.

Hopefully that long time Apple Store employee knows what kind of crowd he might be dealing with. :eek:

indig0blue
Jun 25, 2007, 03:36 PM
So I started out a list, post in the thread where you'll be, and I'll update it.

I am breaking down and going to the Apple Store. After much deliberation, I think I want to have the "experience" of being at the Apple Store for a launch because who knows when something like this will happen again.

pjmurphy77
Jun 25, 2007, 03:53 PM
well, remember to balance the experience with actually getting the iPhone. I am still wondering where my best chance will be...

whats the weather for Friday?

I am breaking down and going to the Apple Store. After much deliberation, I think I want to have the "experience" of being at the Apple Store for a launch because who knows when something like this will happen again.

indig0blue
Jun 25, 2007, 03:59 PM
well, remember to balance the experience with actually getting the iPhone. I am still wondering where my best chance will be...

whats the weather for Friday?

Friday, June 29th -
Partly Cloudy -
HIGH - 80
LOW - 60

I want to have the experience AND the phone. I plan on being at Easton somewhere around 8 or 9am. That should be enough to secure a good spot in line.

iMouseHD
Jun 25, 2007, 04:48 PM
Let me just say good luck to you all boys and girls, i wish i could be there with you.

Mouse

thewrongguide
Jun 25, 2007, 04:48 PM
I think they are going to not allow camping - Malls are funny that way. I hope my Cingular Sim card will just transfer over to the new phone - no info yet on that - or what happens if everyone who shows up wants the 8gb version.

jwa276
Jun 25, 2007, 08:00 PM
This is going to be fun. Can't wait to meet all you other fellow macrumors people on Friday! Both me and my girlfriend will see you there! (obviously she's "the one" since shes willing to wait in line at the Apple store with me) :)

Go ahead and make my listing "jwa276 & jwa276-ette"

btw my name is Jon

bmwguy80
Jun 25, 2007, 08:43 PM
Ha yeah should be a good time. My office is at Easton so I'll be checking out the line at lunch time and formulating the game plan from there. If the line is crazy long, I'll probably check out the tiny AT&T store across from Dicks. Nobody seems to ever remember that one is there... (should I have said that? lol)

cr2sh
Jun 25, 2007, 09:15 PM
Hmm... you guys want to grab a pint at Fado's after it all goes down? I'm not buying an iphone, but I'll be in the area and will probably be at easton to see it all go down.

Patrickool93
Jun 25, 2007, 09:42 PM
I'm going to spending next Weekend in Cleveland... I hope the Legacy Village store in Lyndhurst won't be swamped.....

The Legacy Village store is always swamped, You might be better off at an AT&T store in Lake County, which is about 15 miles form Cleveland.

YoungCreative
Jun 25, 2007, 10:59 PM
I'll probably stop by to watch the show. As cool as the iPhone is, the price tag is Apple-typically steep.

I'll wait a few weeks and see what the day-1 adopters have to say before I seriously consider shelling out $500. :eek:

Jedi128
Jun 26, 2007, 12:00 AM
Well since I live about a mile from the Sawmill ATT store I figure I might go over there and see what happens. I don't think I'm actually going to buy one since I JUST (less than 2 months ago) signed on with ATT and got a RAZR V3xx. But, I'm with ATT now so I suppose I could just swap the SIM and I'd be good to go. I want some more info and to actually see and use the phone before I pay $600 for it. Still, I want to see how many people show up at the Sawmill location. If no one does then I guess that means more time for me with the iPhone.

Reaver
Jun 26, 2007, 09:45 AM
Easton will be like a zoo on friday I wouldnt mind seeing a video of the whole day just to see what happens at the store, as far as the vibe I have talked to some people about it and its mixed feelings. some say its going to sell like hotcakes and some say its a fad and a joke.

either way this friday Apple is going to make a killing on the iPhone.

kainjow
Jun 26, 2007, 05:08 PM
This is hilarious. Didn't know so many people from c-bus were on these forums :)

I'm going to wait and see what happens in terms of an iPhone SDK. It'll just be "another gadget" to me until they do something for us developers.

kgarchar
Jun 26, 2007, 06:56 PM
well, just called

you're not allowed to wait in line until about 8am

I'm a bit let down, I always wanted to camp out for a release like this

kainjow
Jun 26, 2007, 07:03 PM

You could camp out at the Cosi nearby :)

indig0blue
Jun 26, 2007, 07:16 PM
well, just called

Where did you call? The Easton Apple Store?

kgarchar
Jun 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
easton apple store and easton management

I'm gonna tailgate though

so...parking lot party? I'll be there all thursday night.

indig0blue
Jun 27, 2007, 07:57 AM
to clarify:

here's a rumor to hype up: the iphone will have a built-in flux capacitor!

This rumor is true. I read this post last week.

Mantichora
Jun 27, 2007, 05:12 PM
I want the Apple store "experience." After all we are Mac users, well most of us, but I can not get there till about 4:00 PM EDT.

So how do we make this work? Shall I bring food? Drinks later? A fine cigar from 90 miles south? A bunch of fine cigars from many places? A Nordstrom gift card? A nice Colibri lighter?

Any of these or a combination of them to show my appreciation for you to have a place in line for me.

If you have something else in mind, please tell me, but be reasonable.

Besides we can talk about this and tell people we were there, iDay for the iPhone! :apple:

indig0blue
Jun 27, 2007, 06:24 PM
A fine cigar from 90 miles south?

Cigars from Kentucky? Gee, you high-roler! LOL :D

jwa276
Jun 27, 2007, 06:32 PM
Man, I'm so pumped. Less than 2 days now. Tomorrow is like Friday for me cause I'm taking off work on the 29th!

Mantichora
Jun 27, 2007, 07:06 PM
Cigars from Kentucky? Gee, you high-roler! LOL :D

As for being a high roller, try 90 miles south of Key West, that is what I meant.

I also have a nice Lorus Watch with a stainless steel bracelet that I can add to the pot.

:apple:

indig0blue
Jun 27, 2007, 07:31 PM
As for being a high roller, try 90 miles south of Key West, that is what I meant.

I also have a nice Lorus Watch with a stainless steel bracelet that I can add to the pot.

Oh, stainless steel. Nice. I heard that is the new platinum. When I get tired of wearing it, I can melt it down and make a fork out of it.

Mantichora
Jun 27, 2007, 09:55 PM
Oh, stainless steel. Nice. I heard that is the new platinum. When I get tired of wearing it, I can melt it down and make a fork out of it.

Ok, that's enough. I am being serious here and you people are making jokes...:apple:

Npalettas
Jun 27, 2007, 10:00 PM
The more and more I think about it, the less likely long lines seem. Of course the faithful will make an appearance, but overwhelming lines seem unlikely. Any thoughts?

Disclaimer: The above is a pathetic attempt to boost my self confidence after finding out I can't skip out on work until about 4 or so. Great.

bmwguy80
Jun 27, 2007, 10:07 PM
The more and more I think about it, the less likely long lines seem. Of course the faithful will make an appearance, but overwhelming lines seem unlikely. Any thoughts?

Disclaimer: The above is a pathetic attempt to boost my self confidence after finding out I can't skip out on work until about 4 or so. Great.

I'm with ya... I don't know what to think. Part of me fears showing up at the Apple store at 4 to a huge crowd. Since my office is at Easton I'm gonna check it out at lunch on Friday. I'll post my findings....

kgarchar
Jun 27, 2007, 11:41 PM
I'm so excited for this...It's like christmas

but not free and wasting this entire past 4 months of savings on a silly phone

kgarchar
Jun 27, 2007, 11:42 PM
I want the Apple store "experience." After all we are Mac users, well most of us, but I can not get there till about 4:00 PM EDT.

So how do we make this work? Shall I bring food? Drinks later? A fine cigar from 90 miles south? A bunch of fine cigars from many places? A Nordstrom gift card? A nice Colibri lighter?

Any of these or a combination of them to show my appreciation for you to have a place in line for me.

If you have something else in mind, please tell me, but be reasonable.

Besides we can talk about this and tell people we were there, iDay for the iPhone! :apple:bring me a sweet bottle of wine and I'd hold a spot

now if only I was of age to drink

jwa276
Jun 28, 2007, 09:17 AM
With every hour that passes I get a little more giddy about this... It's hard to get anything done at work today knowing in about 24 hours I will be posted up in line at Easton.

Everyone at work is warning me and telling me to take a camera. I've never waited in line for anything like this, so I just have a slight idea of what it's going to be like- but there is still so much left to chance based on how many people show up.

It also worries me that they are letting people buy 2 iPhone's a piece! I will just pray that means that they have an exorbitant stock of phones!

StrongBad
Jun 28, 2007, 04:24 PM

Every OS release at the Easton store has resulted in a line past AMC, sometimes past McDonalds. I expect this to be longer.

Mantichora
Jun 28, 2007, 05:37 PM
bring me a sweet bottle of wine and I'd hold a spot

now if only I was of age to drink

LOL

Well I would bring you a nice bottle of wine, but if you are under age, that's not a good idea.

BTW, just an FYI for all....

No chairs will be allowed while waiting in line at Easton...Security confirmed this.

Also they will be putting out barriers and stanchions for crowd control at 8:00 AM EDT.

Still no takers on holding me a place? Anyone? Bueller?

jwa276
Jun 28, 2007, 08:44 PM
WOW 20 hours remaining. How early are people getting there tomorrow?

kgarchar
Jun 28, 2007, 09:48 PM
as long as no one cares, you can stand with (behind) me. I'll have a sand colored shirt with some wood grain on it, and a pair of grey short shorts..oh and vans black classics.

kgarchar
Jun 28, 2007, 09:52 PM
4 am here...

jwa276
Jun 28, 2007, 10:05 PM
Damn son! That is early. See you tomorrow :)

Npalettas
Jun 28, 2007, 10:07 PM
Every OS release at the Easton store has resulted in a line past AMC, sometimes past McDonalds. I expect this to be longer.

I had nooo idea. That really blows my mind, but why would the line curl back toward the McDonald's and not around through the underpass/passageway?

Im going to swing by during my lunch and check out the "line", and let you all know how it looks.

Good Luck tomorrow, the wait is finally over!

RIP
iPhone speculation
January 8th - June 29th

johnnybluejeans
Jun 28, 2007, 10:54 PM
I know Easton has free WiFi in "public areas", anyone know if this would this reach those standing in line at Apple tomorrow?

indig0blue
Jun 29, 2007, 05:28 AM
I am first in line over at the Sawmill AT&T store! I got here at 3:30am and there are two people behind me so far as of 6:26am.

iMouseHD
Jun 29, 2007, 06:03 AM
Ypu should have no problem getting wifi in front of Apple at Easton. Who is going to post pics throughout the day for those of stuck in offices wishing we were else where? :)

kgarchar
Jun 29, 2007, 06:37 AM
i'm #2 in line right now there's about 13 people in line

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7538/photo670oq0.jpg

and I'm getting the easton wifi signal, apples isn't up yet because they aren't open

jwa276
Jun 29, 2007, 07:02 AM
My girlfriend and I are #17 & #18 in line. Nice to meet you in person kgarchar!

There are still only 3 people in line behind us, but I'm thinking we will have huge surges around noon and around 4... SO pumped that I'm guaranteed to get an iPhone today... Not so pumped about having to listen to American Eagle's music all day long :P

In the time that I have typed this message and taken a picture, another 3 people have jumped in line, bringing the total so far to ~24... It is 8AM right on the head.

indig0blue
Jun 29, 2007, 07:20 AM
It is pretty chill over here at Sawmill. There are only 4 people total in line and we are just sitting and relaxing in our cars while our chairs hold our places. I realize that this is not the full Apple Experience, but I am happy that it is not a madhouse for now. I don't anticipate major crowds hitting this store until after 3pm.

barcode252
Jun 29, 2007, 07:56 AM
Whats it lookin like? I got a friend holding my spot until i can get there around 11. I read that security said no chairs but in the pics looks like everyone has them, are they bothering people at all?

jwa276
Jun 29, 2007, 08:24 AM
Go ahead and bring chairs, everyone's got em. I was also under the impression that chairs were not allowed, but the people before me in line were gracious enough to spot me & my girlfriend their 2 extra chairs... Seriously nice of them...

There are probably 40-45 people in line now. The line has extended out and around American Eagle and into the tunnel in between AE & Bigelow. I assume the line will extend into the parking lot in a few hours.

I'll keep you posted. Luckily, I have my g/f's laptop battery with me as an extra if I happen to run out of juice. Can't wait to see how crazy this gets around noon!

johnnybluejeans
Jun 29, 2007, 08:29 AM
I'm a little surprised by the turnout so far.

So who wants to take guesses on how many iPhones they have? I think they would have at least 500...

indig0blue
Jun 29, 2007, 08:37 AM
Hey Guys,

A manager from the AT&T store just came out and was super cool! She asked the group of 10 of us or so if there were any questions at all that she could answer for us.

She said she couldn't answer how many phones they have but that she assured us that there were enough 8gb phones for the people here so for. I still believe they have a good amount of stock.

She said that they have 6 different cases and some other accessories that we can choose from.

She also said that along with the credit check, the whole in and out process should take about 15-20 mins.

I am thinking at this point that time NOT stock will limit how many iPhones get sold today.

I will post more if anything interesting comes up.

I encourage those of you who want to skip the Easton madness to come over to Sawmill. It is not crazy at all.

johnnybluejeans
Jun 29, 2007, 08:42 AM
It is my understanding that if you buy the phone from the Apple store you put down your $599 and walk out of the store with a phone. You don't have to do all the credit check / activation stuff.

Apple purposely set it up this way so that you could activate the phone at home using iTunes without the hassle of someone trying to upsell you a more expensive service plan, etc.

jwa276
Jun 29, 2007, 08:50 AM
It is my understanding that if you buy the phone from the Apple store you put down your $599 and walk out of the store with a phone. You don't have to do all the credit check / activation stuff.

Apple purposely set it up this way so that you could activate the phone at home using iTunes without the hassle of someone trying to upsell you a more expensive service plan, etc.

I think they give you the option of doing the credit check in the Apple store. If you do it here, and you need to pay a deposit due to non-optimal credit, you can pay it in the store and get your Pre-Approved credit code. If your credit is really bad and you activate through iTunes alone, you will only be able to sign up for the "pay as you go" plan.

Basically, unless you do the credit check at the store, you run the risk of only getting to sign up for the pay as you go plan. Otherwise, if a deposit is necessary, you are guaranteed to be able to get any plan you want :)

Mantichora
Jun 29, 2007, 08:57 AM
Glad security relented and let you guys have chairs...:apple:

MacBook Jedi
Jun 29, 2007, 09:10 AM
I am going CRAZY. I cant leave work until 4:00 - My wonderful wife is going to get in line for me at 2:30 (works at Easton).
If any of you are only buying 1 phone...Do you think any one of you could help a
iBrother out. If I give you the $$$ for the phone or join you in line.
Thank you,
David

iMouseHD
Jun 29, 2007, 09:52 AM
You do not need to the credit check at the store nor will you be able to at Apple stores. You do it all online. The ATT credit check will be for a pre-auth code for new subscribers you still set it up at home. If you get home and are required to put down a deposit you will go to an ATT store put the deposit down and get the pre-auth code at that point.

From my understanding of reading the ATT and Apple info.

johnnybluejeans
Jun 29, 2007, 10:13 AM
Wooo! I'm in line now.. arrived at about 10:50 and by my estimates I am #47 and my wife is #49... give or take a few placeholders, etc.

If you hurry you'll get a spot in the tunnel and be safe from the rain!

I'm the guy with the black Apple "All Day, All night" shirt. Some folks have already mistaken me for an Apple employee. ; )

afbuckeye
Jun 29, 2007, 10:24 AM
My girlfriend and I are #17 & #18 in line. Nice to meet you in person kgarchar!

There are still only 3 people in line behind us, but I'm thinking we will have huge surges around noon and around 4... SO pumped that I'm guaranteed to get an iPhone today... Not so pumped about having to listen to American Eagle's music all day long :P

In the time that I have typed this message and taken a picture, another 3 people have jumped in line, bringing the total so far to ~24... It is 8AM right on the head.

Those of us in this picture do not approve of the posting without our permission. If you would like to post anything you will need written authorization from all of us.

Just to make sure you understand that we know who you are... you are wearing a red shirt with stripes.

Don't be surprised when a football heads your direction.

jwa276
Jun 29, 2007, 10:35 AM
Those of us in this picture do not approve of the posting without our permission. If you would like to post anything you will need written authorization from all of us.

Just to make sure you understand that we know who you are... you are wearing a red shirt with stripes.

Don't be surprised when a football heads your direction.

Sorry about that. Took the picture down! And yep, that's me with the striped red shirt!

Hopefully no hard feelings :)

iMouseHD
Jun 29, 2007, 10:40 AM
Wow someone in line when they are supposed to be somewhere else?:)

afbuckeye
Jun 29, 2007, 10:41 AM
Sorry about that. Took the picture down! And yep, that's me with the striped red shirt!

its alright, just make sure you buy 2 iphones and then you can give me one of them. . . we'll call it even

afbuckeye
Jun 29, 2007, 10:46 AM

seriously though... we were bored ... figured we'd have some fun.. just messin with ya..

jwa276
Jun 29, 2007, 10:50 AM
It's cool, I was hoping so. Can't be too careful with other line-folk on a day like this, though!

On another note, looks like there might be around 60 people in line now... it is 11:51

Npalettas
Jun 29, 2007, 12:18 PM
I drove by on my lunch (12:30) and didn't see many of you. Maybe twenty-five or so lined up behind those blue gates. Are there more people line up in the tunnel? I got all excited when I thought I saw only a handful of you. I'll see you all around three o'clock (brown t-shirt and jeans). Good Luck.

jwa276
Jun 29, 2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I just overheard that the tunnel is now completely full. We just had to shift 2" down toward the apple store for seemingly no apparent reason.

It's so funny watching people walk by... almost with a look of disgust on their face until they see the iPhone display in the Apple Store... and then you see their faces light up as they say "OHHHHHH"

Very entertaining :D

I H8 UM
Jun 29, 2007, 01:06 PM
Photo of my dog Miles and his new Iphone.

MacBook Jedi
Jun 29, 2007, 01:34 PM
How many in the Easton line at this point guys? If you had to guess.

jwa276
Jun 29, 2007, 01:49 PM
possibly still in the double digits is my guess.

MacBook Jedi
Jun 29, 2007, 02:08 PM
So my wife works at Easton & talked to 3 apple employees on a smoke break - They stated "If your in line you will get an iPhone". Sooooo I hope that is true but until it is in my hand...ggrrr.
Anyway stop by and say hi to my wife Christina, she just got in line ( SHE IS THE ONE WITH AN UMBRELLA) Not only does she not hassle me about spending the $$$ but she is holding my spot till I get off work - what a gal.

Tell her David sent ya to say hi.

jwa276
Jun 29, 2007, 04:20 PM
Apparently I am now known as "red-striped-shirt-guy" :p

I've now had a few people come up to me saying "Hey! Red-striped-shirt-guy! ......alright!" This is seriously cracking me up, I never realized how many people found this thread.

It's been an awesome day, and I'm almost sad that it's just about over–but I am definitely ready to get an iPhone in my hands. It's been great meeting people, and maybe I'll see some of you back out here for the Leopard release next quarter!

Happy iPhone hunting!

Npalettas
Jun 29, 2007, 04:47 PM
kgarchar counted the spots in line for me! I offered five bucks. AND I found red-stripped shirt kid. What a fantastic showing.

Im 111th in line.

jwa276
Jun 29, 2007, 06:31 PM
this is so insane! Posting this from my new iPhone! AHHHHHHHHH (caps are intentional because this keyboard os actually very easy!)

Good luck to everyone! This seriously rocks!

Mantichora
Jun 29, 2007, 06:46 PM
What a great day!!!

I have the phone, it's activated, which was a breeze, and now Sync in progress!! :apple:

I want to thank kgarchar for his kindness & for the company. Glad you enjoyed lunch. Have fun at the movies.

:)

kgarchar
Jun 29, 2007, 10:20 PM
crazy guy wanted to give me money to save him a spot

YoungCreative
Jun 29, 2007, 11:29 PM
I went over to Easton at 9:30 PM and they still had a good supply of iPhones...and I didn't miss any work or have to camp in line (though I know it can be fun.) The place was still packed with people at 10:30 pm when I left. I spent an hour playing with an iPhone and hated to put it down.

The only thing that stopped me from buying was that my Verizon (now month-to-month) had been auto-bill paid just a week ago. So, three more weeks until iPhone for me! Can't quite justify paying two phone bills this month. iPhone is cool, but...

I know I posted earlier that iPhone was a bit steep in price, but think about this:

Verizon voice and data = $79.95
iPhone/ATT voice and data = $59.99

Multiply the extra $20 over two years = $480! There's the price of the iPhone right there!

And don't forget that any smart phone at Verizon will also cost $100-$200 which makes a Blackberry (or similar) actually more expensive than iPhone over the two-year contract!

I take back my ill-thought comment from a few days ago and I also feel much better about plunking down the cash for an amazing APple product.

Mantichora
Jun 30, 2007, 12:16 PM
Looks like someone here made the front page of The Columbus Dispatch & it's not me! LOL

Oh and this morning the Apple Store still had a lot of phones....so I bought one for my wife...and took a workshop on it.

kgarchar
Jun 30, 2007, 11:47 PM
haha, that is the WORST picture of me ever taken

i guess it accurately displays the excitement though. that was truly an awesome experience

kgarchar
Jul 1, 2007, 09:51 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IqeE_JPuZQE

gwimby
Jul 1, 2007, 03:31 PM
I hope everyone had as much fun as I had!

jwa276
Jul 2, 2007, 02:18 PM
Tell you what's not fun is having EDGE go down for all of Ohio today. 3rd day of service with AT&T and I can't do anything internet related on my phone unless I have wifi. I just talked to an online live chat support representative with AT&T and they confirmed that EDGE was down for all of Ohio with no estimate on when it will be fixed.

Hopefully this is AT&T boosting up EDGE speeds as they have done in other areas *crosses fingers*

I'm going to try my hardest to look at this as a good thing, but hopefully this is not a sign of things to come!!

EDIT: just as i post this, it goes back up... WHEW :D

Mantichora
Sep 1, 2007, 07:07 PM
haha, that is the WORST picture of me ever taken

i guess it accurately displays the excitement though. that was truly an awesome experience

Well the film on you in the last few days about that great prank you pulled at school is classic!

Job well done! Congratulations! :)