PDA

View Full Version : As noted by Spymac -- Free Passes to MacWorld Creative Pro f...

MacBytes
Jul 9, 2003, 12:45 PM
Category: Deals and Coupons
Link: As noted by Spymac -- Free Passes to MacWorld Creative Pro from BSDMall. (http://store.yahoo.com/bsdmall/macrprocoand.html)

Mr. Anderson
Jul 9, 2003, 01:00 PM
wow, cool - I went ahead and sent it in - if I get a free pass I'll take the train up for a day and check it out!

D :D

StuPid QPid
Jul 9, 2003, 01:24 PM
Is there a catch?
The organizors cost of $35 just for the exhibit hall is a bit too much, especially with no educational discount! But if this is true is may be worth me taking the train down to NY.

jbomber
Jul 9, 2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
wow, cool - I went ahead and sent it in - if I get a free pass I'll take the train up for a day and check it out!

D :D

Lemme know if any mysterious 'massage' charges show up on your credit card bill, Mr. Anderson.

MacFan25
Jul 9, 2003, 01:58 PM
That's pretty cool. If I lived nearby, I would definitley go. :cool:

Mr. Anderson
Jul 14, 2003, 07:37 AM
Ok, so it seems they ran out of passes....big surprise.

Any pass requests after order 4421 will not receive a free pass.

I'll have to check my email at home to see if I made the cut. Anyone receive theirs yet?

D

BigJayhawk
Jul 27, 2003, 11:09 AM
I was order 4510 and I even received a confirmation email (as everyone did).

Rather than simply entering a quantity into their online store so people would KNOW that they were out, they let people THINK they were getting passes (with the hope they would buy other things too).

Rather than even send an email saying they apologize, but they ran out faster than thought, they chose to let people make plans to go to New York City and then STILL not receive the tickets.

Rather than SIMPLY RESPONDING to an email (sent a few days before MacCreate) requesting whether or not they were able to fulfill the order, they chose to STILL let people THINK they would receive tickets on time to go to NYC. (However, with no response at this point, one would be very gullible to think tickets were still coming.)

Rather than responding to a customer service email to BSD Mall (sent a few days AFTER MacCreate) asking why they chose to handle things in such a way and that I would have been greatful at ANY POINT for ANY REPSONSE, they STILL chose to ignore my email.

Rather than responding to the copy of the Amazon.com review (that they had sent to me) in which I re-iterated my concerns, they STILL STILL STILL chose to ignore the customer!

This blows my mind! Upon ANY RESPONSE, I would have simply emailed back that I appreciated the OPPORTUNITY to get free tickets and I would have thanked them for the EFFORT. With ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE, I would absolutely not spend a SINGLE DOLLAR with them in the future.

Sad, sad.

(At least it looks like Mr. Anderson got a response of some kind.)