PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong or monster WU?

pfranzen
Jul 9, 2003, 03:46 PM
OK...I finished my first WU in good time and then moved onto my second...

Now, this ones been going a couple of weeks now! p345_gnra_pf2_Mg is the name.

Im using a Dual 800 G4 for like 16 hours a day...can't sleep for the dam noise at night! Im also using the downloaded file from the folding guys...I will install the one in the FAQ when I get this sucker finished!

Is this file hughe or is there something going wrong here?

P

jimthorn
Jul 9, 2003, 04:50 PM
That project isn't listed on F@H's Project Stats page, but it looks like it's probably a 53-point GROMACS work unit with an 18-day deadline.

With your hardware, you should be done by now. I finish bigger WUs on my 800MHz G4 iMac in less time.

Check the log and see what's going on. It'll show you how many frames completed, and any error messages or send problems.

Vlade
Jul 9, 2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by pfranzen
can't sleep for the dam noise at night! P

I had the same exact problem, and I found an answer. I go to be at about 12-12:30, so I have my computer start up everynight at 1:00AM. I tried it tonight and the noise didn't wake me up (just make sure you have the volume off before you shut down :p).

Here is a program that lets you do it - http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17991

bousozoku
Jul 9, 2003, 09:48 PM
I believe that one takes 1 hour 23 minutes per percent on my dual 800.

pfranzen
Jul 10, 2003, 03:57 AM
well, thats great then because Im doing 1% per 3-5! hours depending on if the computer is left alone or if Im doing something...

Can't wait to put that mc68k dual script on here!

Well, at least I have managed to get another 3 machines on the job with two more in a day or 2...should help me get some WU done I hope...

jimthorn
Jul 10, 2003, 11:11 AM
Well, at least I have managed to get another 3 machines on the job with two more in a day or 2...should help me get some WU done I hope...

Going from 1 machine to 4 or 5 makes a huge difference. You should start raking in some serious points now. :D

NNO-Stephen
Jul 10, 2003, 11:22 AM
nice. more CPU power is always a "good thing"

bousozoku
Jul 10, 2003, 11:50 AM
well, thats great then because Im doing 1% per 3-5! hours depending on if the computer is left alone or if Im doing something...

Can't wait to put that mc68k dual script on here!

If you have 512 MB or less RAM in the dual 800, you should definitely upgrade when you can. I have 1.5 GB installed.

pfranzen
Jul 11, 2003, 09:05 AM
finally finished that unit! now the stats site is down so i can't check my new position hehe...

one of my other computers returned me a unit also...

I have 1.5gb ram also...I installed mc68k's script and am now running two monster units at the same time! p341_gnra_den.

computer is now doing about 1% every 2 hours...

pfranzen
Jul 11, 2003, 02:18 PM
I see a new WU completed on another machine but not my monster unit which should have given me 50 more points :(

How long does it take till it gets added to the stats?

:confused:

Vlade
Jul 11, 2003, 02:35 PM
There are server problems now, mine hasn't uploaded in about 5 days :(

pfranzen
Jul 11, 2003, 02:47 PM
yeah maybe thats why...however, i did have a 8 pointer finish last night and thats already been included in the stats :(

be a bummer to loose a WU that took so dam loooong to finish :D