Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avengence

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
Hello all, I am new to this forum. I have had my Macbook for about a year now and I put boot camp on it recently. I have been noticing that when things are loading and sound is playing that there are audio pops coming from the speakers. This only happens in windows xp so thats why it makes me think it is a driver issue. Anyone know if anyone else has had this problem or how to fix it? Thank you.

theresamcclain

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
New MacBook (fall 2008)

I have the same problem; I'm desperately trying to track down new drivers or find a way to fix the problem...

theresamcclain

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
Found the solution

There seems to be a fix for this problem, here:

http://alexpopovich.wordpress.com/2...udio-skipping-in-vista-analisys-and-solution/

Make sure to follow the link at the bottom, for the second part to the solution; the first part is kind of a red herring; however, it does fix a battery problem caused by kbdmgr - which the author first thought was the cause of the audio problems. The second part to the article provides a way to create commands to turn on and off the wlan autoconfig feature in windows. Read the articles; they helped me tremendously as I was getting extremely tired of hearing the popping sounds in windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.