PDA

View Full Version : 8th wonder of the world... the Pyramac.

Flowbee
Jul 9, 2003, 09:18 PM
From Wired:
http://wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,59398,00.html

At least the G5 didn't end up looking like this! :D

Kwyjibo
Jul 9, 2003, 09:50 PM
cool picture but i know its been posted b4...someone want to build me one?

Mr. Anderson
Jul 9, 2003, 09:53 PM
Wow, that's a lot of work for a slow computer....:D

Nice though, but not exactly something for everyone.....

D

pivo6
Jul 9, 2003, 10:17 PM
I guess since pyramids were tombs for the pharoahs, there will be no way of upgrading this.

I can't imagine having to wear sunglasses while using this. Those lights while cool, would drive me insane/

Abstract
Jul 9, 2003, 10:19 PM
That's the ugliest p.o.s. I have ever seen. :p

5300cs
Jul 9, 2003, 10:35 PM
From the article:

"I'm not sure if it's beautiful or just plain hideous," said Rael Dornfest, a researcher at the tech publishing house O'Reilly & Associates, ...

I vote for hideous.

It looks like an epileptic nightmare.

nascarcm24
Jul 10, 2003, 12:14 AM
My best friend's dad made this 8th wonder of the world... If you were to ever see the craftsmanship he did and how much time he spent on it you would be speechless.. The pictures of this thing don't give it much justice either.. my friend has the computer now in his room with a dual monitor setup you can check out his webcam at http://riscx.com/cam and his personal website www.kentsalas.com the lights I believe can be turned off.. and it is all UV lighting..

Flowbee
Jul 10, 2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
cool picture but i know its been posted b4...

I searched the forums but didn't see it posted anywhere.

macphoria
Jul 10, 2003, 03:47 AM
Would you be cursed by the computer god if you opened up that computer pyramid and removed its parts?

Ok, ok, bad joke.

Wardofsky
Jul 10, 2003, 04:08 AM
It's more art than computer.
Oh great gods, save me from DOS...

MacManDan
Jul 10, 2003, 11:06 AM
I am actually impressed with the craftsmanship that went into this. Maybe a couple more rounded corners, solid aluminum casing and some other Ive-like design features and this thing might sell (next G4 Cube .. haha). Or maybe not :D. I wonder how much this would go for on eBay? It's original and creative .. I know I would bid!

Billicus
Jul 10, 2003, 11:36 AM
I'm sure the guy put a lot of work into it, and I'll admit it is cool. I think that's an awesome design for an awesome computer. :D

XnavxeMiyyep
Jul 10, 2003, 03:23 PM
It's an awesome design. I always wanted to design a pyramid shaped Powermac, but looks like this guy beat me to it.:(

Eniregnat
Jul 10, 2003, 04:28 PM
If I had all the money in the world I would do this to a current Mac, but because it's pointless yet cool. I would then send it to Apple repair under AppleCare- just for the giggles. Perhaps I would time it so that it arrived at the repair facility on April 1.

medea
Jul 10, 2003, 09:22 PM
oh my thats horrible, why use a clear case when the inside is so ugly.

ZildjianKX
Jul 10, 2003, 09:30 PM
That's pretty cool. And yes, its prettier than the G5s :)

ZildjianKX
Jul 10, 2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by medea
oh my thats horrible, why use a clear case when the inside is so ugly.

The insides are ugly? Don't tell me you've never looked inside a computer before... :(

medea
Jul 10, 2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by ZildjianKX
The insides are ugly? Don't tell me you've never looked inside a computer before... :(
i've seen plenty of pc innards, but the G5's are the only ones worth looking at. So neat and clean.....

XnavxeMiyyep
Jul 10, 2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by medea
i've seen plenty of pc innards, but the G5's are the only ones worth looking at. So neat and clean.....
What about the G3 iMac? The translucent affect was pretty nice there.

medea
Jul 10, 2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by XnavxeMiyyep
What about the G3 iMac? The translucent affect was pretty nice there.
indeed. can't forget about the iMac, but once again that was also a mac....

ibookin'
Jul 10, 2003, 11:06 PM
Nice but have you seen the SIZE of this thing?

The footprint is larger than a 17" monitor in every direction.