PDA

View Full Version : Cd-Rom Rubber Band!!

CaVoLo
Jul 10, 2003, 01:43 AM
hello all....i know this isnt for a apple computer....although im anxisouly awaiting the arrival of my new G5...i still need this computer to last me (its a pc).

Tonight i discovered teh cd-rw drive would not open. So i took a paper clip and stuck it in the hole that all cd drives are suppose to have and i yanked the drive open. (by instering a paper clip in this hole it dislodges the locking mechanism that holds the cd drive shut).

I discovered that the rubber band was broken that causes the drive to open and close. Does anyone know where i can buy one of the rubber bands at?.l....thanx for all your help :-)

MacBandit
Jul 10, 2003, 01:49 AM
What brand is the drive? Often there is a parts ordering page somewhere hidden at the manufacturer website. CD burners are cheap also it may be just cheaper to get a new one.

CaVoLo
Jul 10, 2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by MacBandit
CD burners are cheap also it may be just cheaper to get a new one.

lol....if a little measley rubber band costs more than 40 bucks then i will be extremely suprised!!

but i highly doubt that...but hey ya never know....not to mention im not going to buy a new drive when i have my powermac coming soon....SOOO EXCITED!!!

MacBandit
Jul 10, 2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by CaVoLo
lol....if a little measley rubber band costs more than 40 bucks then i will be extremely suprised!!

but i highly doubt that...but hey ya never know....not to mention im not going to buy a new drive when i have my powermac coming soon....SOOO EXCITED!!!

You still haven't said what brand or model this is. It's hard to find a part when you don't know what it's for. I have been trying though.