Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rimbamboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
I loved playing old Mac games as a kid. The cheesyness of some of these games bordered on art. I would LOVE to play some of those games. Games like: Sierra Championship Boxing, Life and Death, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade....just to name a few.

Anyone know a good download emulator for a PC?

Thnks

maxrobertson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
Jakarta
I'm sure you can find one on google, but they're really hard to use and very unreliable. Also, they can't emulate more than Mac OS 8, so it's probably better to just get an old mac.

rimbamboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
I'm sure you can find one on google, but they're really hard to use and very unreliable. Also, they can't emulate more than Mac OS 8, so it's probably better to just get an old mac.

i tried google. **** is hard to find. i thought people here would know. you're right - i should just buy an old unit. how are the availability of games if i got one?

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
i tried google. **** is hard to find. i thought people here would know. you're right - i should just buy an old unit. how are the availability of games if i got one?

Buy? I was poking around the "free" area on craigslist today and I saw someone giving away a 7100 (66MHz) Mac for free. I'd lurk craigslist and jump on a free one if that's enough horsepower for your old games.

rimbamboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
Buy? I was poking around the "free" area on craigslist today and I saw someone giving away a 7100 (66MHz) Mac for free. I'd lurk craigslist and jump on a free one if that's enough horsepower for your old games.

thats a great idea.....why the **** not!

how is the availability of games?

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Like others have said, pick up an old PowerPC Mac for peanuts (they're everywhere) and scour ebay and discount software/book stores for old games. They're not too hard to find if you know where to look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.