Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use...

• I have Show Signatures off and Invisible Mode off

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I have Show Signatures on and Invisible Mode on

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have Show Signatures on and Invisible Mode off

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • I have Show Signatures off and Invisible Mode on

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dartzorichalcos

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Atlantis
How many of you have Show Signatures off and how many of you have Invisible Mode on? I have Show Signatures off to reduce clutter and maybe speed will be faster too. I don't have Invisible Mode on. What's the point and benefit of having Invisible Mode on? Just curious. Thanks.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I have signature display on both because I enjoy the interesting ones (I find the ones with computer specs rather dull) and because I'm part of the Dreaded Signature Police, making sure that they stay without the size limits described in the forum rules.

Perhaps people turn invisible mode on because they want to visit the forums without getting contacted by other members who see them online, but if that was the case I'm not sure why they'd have receipt of email and/or Private Messages enabled in the User Options in the first place.

On a related topic, I don't understand why many members have the "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" option turned off. Do they get so many messages that they'd be overwhelmed if they got email about each one? Do they check for Private Messages so often that they don't need to be notified? As things stand, some people reply a month after someone sent them a Private Message and say "sorry, I didn't notice your message".

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2007
I have signatures on, but i'm set for invisible.
I went invisible for a reason a month or so ago, but it doesn't really matter anymore. I guess I'm too lazy to change it. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.