PDA

View Full Version : ibook backlighting and freezing issues

excalibur313
Jun 23, 2007, 11:09 AM
I have a 1ghz 14" ibook that is about 3.5 years old. Recently it has had issues where it freezes a lot and the backlight will abrubtly turn off. Restarting the computer fixes both issues, but it is really annoying and only has been happening for the past week. I'm out of the apple care deadline. For what it's worth, I did change the battery a few months ago with one made by a third party. The battery always gave me the problem of not warning me that the battery was about to die. I'm not sure if a faulty battery is causing this, but does anyone else have any suggestions to try?

EDIT: It doesn't matter if it is plugged in or not because it happens with both. I also tried taking out the battery to see if the issues still occur, but it just really slowed down the computer to the point of being unusable.

puckhead193
Jun 23, 2007, 11:19 AM
I know that my brother has an ibook and it keeps on freezing. But on his screen theirs vertical lines only a few pixels in random colors like red and green. His solution is going to be getting a macbook in a few weeks as he thinks its time for it to go. Maybe the time has come to upgrade.

excalibur313
Jun 23, 2007, 11:40 AM
I guess I am hoping that it is software. I'm also noticing that everything runs absurdly slowly now. Even browsing the internet takes for ever to load and it can't even do iphoto really. The computer also gets much warmer than it did before. I have never felt it get this hot since I played video games on it a few months ago. But it isn't like it is doing anything difficult...