PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Iowa/Illinois/Quadcities?

TheBusDriver
Jun 23, 2007, 06:57 PM
Getting the iPhone, if so where and when.

Hope to see you there,
Steve

abgould
Jun 23, 2007, 08:28 PM
I am in Chicago and planning to go early Friday morning to the Oak Brook Apple store.

Matthew Yohe
Jun 25, 2007, 11:11 AM
Iowa City, IA here... Coral Ridge Mall, ATT store.

Shamingo
Jun 25, 2007, 11:12 AM
I am in Chicago and planning to go early Friday morning to the Oak Brook Apple store.

I may be stopping by there, what's your name in case I see you there?

abgould
Jun 25, 2007, 12:13 PM
I may be stopping by there, what's your name in case I see you there?

Adam - I will be the exhausted one in line who is crazy enough to be there early am.

jshbckr
Jun 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
Iowa City, IA here... Coral Ridge Mall, ATT store.

Hey, me too! Unfortunately, I won't have the funds on launch day to get the iPhone, so I'm getting it the next Friday. But I'll be there to check out the crowd and of course check out the iPhone! Maybe I'll see you there!

qualleyiv
Jun 25, 2007, 01:01 PM
Des Moines here. Not sure if I'll be going to the Apple Store at Jordan Creek or one of the AT&T stores yet. I'm guessing that the Apple store will have more people in line than the AT&T stores, but I'm also guessing that they might have a larger stock of iPhones. Anyone else have any insight on this?

santi77
Jun 25, 2007, 02:27 PM
I am from Waterloo, IA and will also be at Jordan Creek Mall!!! The anticipation is KILLLIINGGG Me!!!

bunkrich
Jun 25, 2007, 03:26 PM
Ill be in CoralRidge mall... anyone know what time we should show up? and how many will be at each store?

allenhuffman
Jun 25, 2007, 04:09 PM
Des Moines here. ... Anyone else have any insight on this?

Typing from my Treo 650, which I paid $649 for via Amazon less than 2 years ago. The iPhone is cheap :)

Des Moines here too. Alas, I'll be across town at Festival Park getting out Wild West Music Fest (dot com) set up for the weekend, but if I can slip away (tho probably dressed as an 1880's gunslinger) I'll hit up an AT&T store.

All the Apple fans would naturally prefer to go to our Apple Store, but they won't know much more about the iPhone than we do on Friday. So I figure less crowds at AT&T and at least there they will know about the service and such.

Maybe there is one on the state fair side of town, but I've been talking to "Matt" at the store near Borders on University.

ikon
Jun 25, 2007, 04:55 PM
i called one of the local att shops and their VM says they will be closing the store at 4:30pm in prep for the iPhone launch at 6pm (and of course re-opening at 6pm).

hamholio
Jun 25, 2007, 05:20 PM
I'll also be gawking at Coralridge.

TheBusDriver
Jun 25, 2007, 05:57 PM
whoops forgot to say where I will be, Davenport ATT store around one pm.

paradillon
Jun 25, 2007, 07:18 PM
Ill be in CoralRidge mall... anyone know what time we should show up? and how many will be at each store?

I called and talked with the CoralRidge AT&T store last week and they said they won't have their shipment 'til Saturday morning around 10 am. I think he honestly believed that, but don't know whether he has good info.

hamholio
Jun 25, 2007, 08:53 PM
I called and talked with the CoralRidge AT&T store last week and they said they won't have their shipment 'til Saturday morning around 10 am. I think he honestly believed that, but don't know whether he has good info.

lame. iowa suxors!

MacBoy88
Jun 25, 2007, 09:11 PM
Anyone know any confirmed iPhone locations in the Quad Cities?

Matthew Yohe
Jun 25, 2007, 09:57 PM

I also spoke with the same guy (handed me his card. Accoridng to his card he is the manager.) last week, and he echoed your statements. I plan on calling tomorrow or wednesday to get an update.

I assume any store that is getting the iPhone will be on the same schedule as the rest of the country. With this new info about fedex locations holding shipments until the 29th, I think we will be right in line to make our purchase on Friday.

popkorn124
Jun 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
I will be trying the cingular store by borders and jason's deli and also the apple store, will there really be lines? (dsm ia)

TheBusDriver
Jun 26, 2007, 04:17 PM
Anyone know any confirmed iPhone locations in the Quad Cities?

Yes sir, the ATT store on Elmore and 53rd by the dairy queen in the little shopping mall. See you there, I'm going about 1:00pm

TheBusDriver
Jun 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
one in moline too find it here

http://www.wireless.att.com/sbc/other_databases/locator/storeLocator

Click on iPhone.

Joecool1964
Jun 26, 2007, 06:56 PM
Grimes (Just north of Des Moines) here.
I'll be flipping a coin between the store in Merle Hay mall and the store on University in Clive. Depending how they look, may venture up to Ankeny.
At least we've got options!

hamholio
Jun 29, 2007, 12:51 PM
Did anyone figure out if there is iPhone love in coralville today??

Matthew Yohe
Jun 29, 2007, 08:42 PM
I was 26th in line. There were 30 phones.

Had to get a 4gb, I was without a phone so I couldn't wait another couple weeks for something else to come in.

Love it.

AtHomeBoy_2000
Jul 1, 2007, 07:13 PM
What is AT&T coverage like in the iowa City / Cedar Rapids area? Specifically rural areas?

switchy
Jul 5, 2007, 03:46 PM
It's really decent in CR/IA... I camped the Lindale ATT store for 6 hours on release day.