Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PC/USER/JK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
After watching two cousins buy Macs, I have decided to convert. I'm buying the new MBP 2.2 probably right after leopard comes out. Being a college freshman, I will qualify for the Education and ipod-back-to-school discount.

In addition to this, I work at Barnes and Noble. So what you say? I receive a 4-17% discount at the Apple store depending on the model I buy. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience buying a Mac computer with all three discounts? Obviously I could simply call my local Apple Store and ask....but the speculation that will ensue on MacRumors is to hard to resist. What do you say?

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
the back-to-school free ipod promo will expire before leopard comes out. so you should buy the macbook before sept 16th (when the promo expires) and then purchase leopard later. for students, leopard should be only $79 (which is the current educational price for tiger)

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
the back-to-school free ipod promo will expire before leopard comes out. so you should buy the macbook before sept 16th (when the promo expires) and then purchase leopard later. for students, leopard should be only $79 (which is the current educational price for tiger)

Actually, the EDU price of Leopard is $69. Otherwise, you're right. There's no reason to wait to buy a new mbp at this point. As for Leopard, it's probably best to wait until late November or December to get Leopard anyways, just so all the kinks can be worked out.

z400central

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2006
You can get 20% off once in your lifetime with apple when you sign up for the ADC program.

Makes a stock MBP $1600 gross, and $1700 net (the ADC is $100).

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
You can get 20% off once in your lifetime with apple when you sign up for the ADC program.

Makes a stock MBP $1600 gross, and $1700 net (the ADC is $100).

however, you cannot stack discounts. so if you go the ADC developer discount route, you cannot get the iPod summer deal at the same time.

However, although I'm not sure about this, you may get a free copy of Leopard if you go the student dev route a few weeks after Apple starts selling it. Or a downloadable copy of it. Shrug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.