PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Orlando, FL

ShellyFM
Jun 24, 2007, 02:58 AM
Hi, all!

I'm trying to gauge the iPhone scene in O-town. So, if you're in Orlando, what are your plans? AT&T or Apple store? What time? Where?

I plan on calling around to the stores, Apple and AT&T, next week to get an idea on what they are expecting.

Anyone with any news yet? So far, the stores don't seem to know anything more than what's already posted. Anyone work for or have any friends/family that work for either of the Apple stores or any of the AT&T stores?

Let's keep each other updated!

-Shelly

timmypv15
Jun 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
I'll be in florida, don't know where tho

Fluidmusic00
Jun 24, 2007, 06:11 PM
Hi, all!

I'm trying to gauge the iPhone scene in O-town. So, if you're in Orlando, what are your plans? AT&T or Apple store? What time? Where?

I plan on calling around to the stores, Apple and AT&T, next week to get an idea on what they are expecting.

Anyone with any news yet? So far, the stores don't seem to know anything more than what's already posted. Anyone work for or have any friends/family that work for either of the Apple stores or any of the AT&T stores?

-Shelly

I am from Orlando and plan on getting an iPhone. I just don't know where yet. I will decide on that later this week once (or if) news comes out about how the Apple Store will handle existing customers. If nothing comes out, then I'll probably pick a local Corporate ATT store. I live near Winter Park, so I can go towards Waterford or even Altamonte Springs. I much rather wait at an Apple store. It seems like a better crowd, and a lot more apple hype.

I plan on getting in line around 2pm. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much!

I did talk to a few people at the Apple Store in Millennia yesterday and they said "We know nothing" and "All the people who say they heard something from someone don't know anything either". They, probably like ATT employees, are in the dark.

I plan on calling around later this week to see if I can find out what stores will have what and their suggestions for getting one (like when to line up, etc). Let me know if you hear any news, and where will you be lining up and when?

ShellyFM
Jun 24, 2007, 06:19 PM
I am from Orlando and plan on getting an iPhone. I just don't know where yet. I will decide on that later this week once (or if) news comes out about how the Apple Store will handle existing customers. If nothing comes out, then I'll probably pick a local Corporate ATT store. I live near Winter Park, so I can go towards Waterford or even Altamonte Springs. I much rather wait at an Apple store. It seems like a better crowd, and a lot more apple hype.

I plan on getting in line around 2pm. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much!

I did talk to a few people at the Apple Store in Millennia yesterday and they said "We know nothing" and "All the people who say they heard something from someone don't know anything either". They, probably like ATT employees, are in the dark.

I plan on calling around later this week to see if I can find out what stores will have what and their suggestions for getting one (like when to line up, etc). Let me know if you hear any news, and where will you be lining up and when?

The positive about waiting at one of the Apple stores is that they are inside. No weather issues... :) The negative, though, is crowd control might be more difficult. I hope the stores tell us soon how things will be handled.

David R
Jun 24, 2007, 09:02 PM
The Apple Stores (Millenia and Florida Mall) will probably be nicer to wait at because they are indoors and you won't have to deal with the humidity and potential afternoon thunderstorms.

I get out of work at noon and I think I may just swing by one or two corporate stores and take a look at them to see how things are. But the Apple Store at Millenia sounds attractive. I have a friend who is going there and she'll call me and tell me how the line is there.

Fluidmusic00
Jun 24, 2007, 10:03 PM
The positive about waiting at one of the Apple stores is that they are inside. No weather issues... :) The negative, though, is crowd control might be more difficult. I hope the stores tell us soon how things will be handled.

So? I'm assuming you are going to either the Millennia or Florida Mall apple store? What time are you getting in line?

Let us know if you find anything out and I'll the same!

Fluidmusic00
Jun 24, 2007, 10:04 PM
The Apple Stores (Millenia and Florida Mall) will probably be nicer to wait at because they are indoors and you won't have to deal with the humidity and potential afternoon thunderstorms.

I get out of work at noon and I think I may just swing by one or two corporate stores and take a look at them to see how things are. But the Apple Store at Millenia sounds attractive. I have a friend who is going there and she'll call me and tell me how the line is there.

Which corporate stores are you looking at?

sonofpismo
Jun 24, 2007, 10:08 PM
I work at Universal Orlando, and about 6 of my fellow team members are joining me at The Apple Store @ Millenia. I'll be there when the mall opens at 9am. Others will be joing me throughout the day.

It could be BS, but I heard the Millenia manager expects to have 1,000 units on hand... maybe even more. But, I still want to be first to get one.

Having an at&t store nearby in the mall is handy as well.

See some of you there!

ShellyFM
Jun 24, 2007, 11:18 PM
So? I'm assuming you are going to either the Millennia or Florida Mall apple store? What time are you getting in line?

Let us know if you find anything out and I'll the same!

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to an Apple or AT&T store yet. I need to call around next week. I have to play games with number porting from T-Mobile, so that may require me to go to AT&T. I would prefer to go to Apple because I think it would be much more exciting! :) Once the plans are announced, I'm going to call around to the Apple and AT&T stores in the area to find out how they are handling crowds and what type of inventory they except. I'll also ask about how to handle my number port situation. That will help decide where I go. I live in Tampa, but I'm driving to Orlando as my Mom wants to get one, too. So, we'll being rotating in line. She's already an AT&T/Cingular customer, so her situation is a bit easier. I'm not sure what time either, as it seems to vary between everyone. It would be great if we could convince the AT&T stores to use a system of taking down people's info when they show up for the line so they can go home and come back at 6pm. Wouldn't that be great!

ShellyFM
Jun 24, 2007, 11:20 PM
I work at Universal Orlando, and about 6 of my fellow team members are joining me at The Apple Store @ Millenia. I'll be there when the mall opens at 9am. Others will be joing me throughout the day.

It could be BS, but I heard the Millenia manager expects to have 1,000 units on hand... maybe even more. But, I still want to be first to get one.

Having an at&t store nearby in the mall is handy as well.

See some of you there!

It is nice to have both stores in one location. I wonder if everyone will be going to the Apple store, thus leaving the AT&T store more open....just a thought.

I used to work at Universal back in 1999-2000. :)

supremedesigner
Jun 25, 2007, 10:46 AM
Aw bugger! :( I won't be there. I just moved to Gainesville after I graduated from Full Sail. No apple store here.... I wondered if there is ATT in Gainesville? I'm new in those area. Thanks!

djbeeker
Jun 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
I'll be there with sonofpismo: 9am. Millenia Mall. [[sarcasm]] They have two Starbucks in one mall. What could be better? Other than being one of the first people your friends know to have an iPhone. That, or being one of the first people your friends know to say, "don't touch my freaking iPhone!"

optimus1970
Jun 25, 2007, 11:39 AM
Totally going to be at Millennia...I just moved from Longwood to Orange City, but I will be at Disney all this week, so Millennia seems the best choice for me.

Looking forward to a launch event with fellow Mac lovers...

Bunsen
Jun 25, 2007, 12:46 PM
I'm still not sure where I'm going. At first, I was going to go to the AT&T store on East 50 (by the Best Buy), then they announced 6pm, and I thought about the Millenia Mall Apple Store. Then they started announcing the new features and whipped up the buzz again, and I figured that the Mall might be a madhouse! So basically, I'm still not sure where I'll be around noon when I want to get in line!

chars57778
Jun 25, 2007, 01:37 PM
I am planning to go to the AT&T store in Lake Mary. I will check every hour or so to see if a line is developing. It will be outdoors and may be very hot. Apple store at Millenia mall will be indoors so line will form earlier and may be much longer.

Hi, all!

-Shelly

fotokid
Jun 25, 2007, 02:29 PM

Which manager did you talk to, Ive been trying to find out for weeks.

I've also been trying to get more info from employees and it seems to be a lost cause. They don't know anything and from what they've said they won't know anything.

Graydon
Jun 25, 2007, 03:09 PM
Spoke with an employee at the Mellinia Mall Apple Store who also freelances with me. He said they will have more iPhones than they can sell all weekend including the all nighter Friday night. In fact he told me to relax and not sweat the lines... there's no way he would jerk me around.

See ya'll Saturday morning.

JKalicki
Jun 25, 2007, 03:56 PM
I'm in Tallahassee, FL going to our AT&T store. Is anyone else in this area?

esquared
Jun 25, 2007, 04:38 PM
I'm in Melbourne, going to try the A T & T store at the I95 exit 183 on Eau Gallie. Closer store is franchise, not getting any till mid July.

ShellyFM
Jun 25, 2007, 06:37 PM
Aw bugger! :( I won't be there. I just moved to Gainesville after I graduated from Full Sail. No apple store here.... I wondered if there is ATT in Gainesville? I'm new in those area. Thanks!

Did you look for stores at AT&T's website? http://www.wireless.att.com/buy/store_locator

ShellyFM
Jun 25, 2007, 06:40 PM
Spoke with an employee at the Mellinia Mall Apple Store who also freelances with me. He said they will have more iPhones than they can sell all weekend including the all nighter Friday night. In fact he told me to relax and not sweat the lines... there's no way he would jerk me around.

I applaud your patience! There's no way I could wait! :D

jensenlarson
Jun 25, 2007, 07:59 PM
I'd vote for Millenia, but my ATT mobile never gets a usable signal in that store. I wonder how they will deal with that little problem.

ShellyFM
Jun 25, 2007, 08:19 PM
I'd vote for Millenia, but my ATT mobile never gets a usable signal in that store. I wonder how they will deal with that little problem.

I'm sure they have fixed that problem by now. I'm sure I heard all the Apple stores had to go through reception improvements.

Ptpiz
Jun 25, 2007, 09:17 PM
I will be going to the Florida Mall Apple store seeing that I have $200 worth of apple gift cards. They better take them for the iPhone or i'll have to kill some bitches. Also... I have to switch from Sprint to ATT just for this damn phone. Im sure a lot of people are doing the same. Its going to be amazing. I'll be there bright and early on Friday

Mal
Jun 26, 2007, 12:32 AM
Anyone thinking of going to the Winter Park AT&T Store? I have to be at work at 6PM almost right next door, so I thought I'd drive by and see if there was a line (if not, I might even go in just to see if they have them and if I could take a look, though I doubt they'd let me, even though I work for RadioShack and sell AT&T phones, although not the iPhone obviously).

jW

coreycore02
Jun 26, 2007, 05:09 PM
well im glad you all are going to apple stores then... better luck for me at att stores. im thinking of going to one of the two up by UCF at waterford lakes. one thing however, i will be calling multiple stores the 28th to check what there plans are for lines and also if people r already waiting. ive got nothing to do on the 28th and 29th so i can wait as long as i have to

ps - i really do hope the rumors about the massive supply are correct... would be nice to know that we all can get one come the 29th

ShellyFM
Jun 26, 2007, 07:29 PM
Supposedly AT&T's find a store search page has been updated to show the inventory of iPhones at the various stores. However, I've been unable to get the page to load. Has anyone else had any luck?

http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/

coreycore02
Jun 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
yeah works just fine for me man...

ShellyFM
Jun 26, 2007, 08:02 PM
yeah works just fine for me man...
Huh....I can't get it to pull up at all.

Do you feel like posting the results for Orlando?

scu
Jun 26, 2007, 08:09 PM
I will be at the Apopka ATT store.

Stopped by today and they told them they should have enough since they don't expect the big crowds.

I will be there around 5. If they run out than I will drive the the Mellinia Mall.

superscientific
Jun 26, 2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah I thought of going to the UCF/Waterford Lakes store too since it is right by my house but I think I will opt for an Apple Store. I just think they are going to get a hell of alot more...Good Luck guys! I think I will go for the Millenia Mall.

coreycore02
Jun 27, 2007, 02:36 PM
Huh....I can't get it to pull up at all.

Do you feel like posting the results for Orlando?

here ya go Shelly:

AT&T
4313 E COLONIAL DR
ORLANDO, FL 32803

* Apple iPhone
* Equipment Upgrade
* GoPhone Refills
* Prepaid - TDMA to GSM Migration

(407) 893-9000 3.06 Miles

AT&T
415 N ORLANDO AVE STE 104
WINTER PARK, FL 32789

* Apple iPhone
* Equipment Upgrade
* GoPhone Refills

(407) 622-2382 4.43 Miles

AT&T
4200 CONROY ROAD
ORLANDO, FL 32839

* Apple iPhone
* Equipment Upgrade
* GoPhone Refills

(407) 363-1189 4.6 Miles

AT&T
2300 S KIRKMAN ROAD
ORLANDO, FL 32835

* Apple iPhone
* Equipment Upgrade
* GoPhone Refills

(407) 297-1131 5.05 Miles

AT&T
4736 S KIRKMAN RD
ORLANDO, FL 32811

* Apple iPhone
* Equipment Upgrade
* GoPhone Refills

(407) 291-9335 5.74 Miles

AT&T
7671 S ORANGE BLOSSOM TR
ORLANDO, FL 32809

* Apple iPhone
* Equipment Upgrade
* GoPhone Refills
* Servicio en Espanol

(407) 888-0017 5.89 Miles

AT&T
7649 W COLONIAL DR UNIT 120
ORLANDO, FL 32818

* Apple iPhone
* Equipment Upgrade
* GoPhone Refills

(407) 521-5700 6.63 Miles

AT&T
8251 S JOHN YOUNG PKWY
ORLANDO, FL 32819

* Apple iPhone
* Equipment Upgrade
* GoPhone Refills
* Servicio en Espanol

(407) 363-2898 7.05 Miles

AT&T
515 E ALTAMONTE DR
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL 32701

* Apple iPhone
* Equipment Upgrade
* GoPhone Refills

(407) 865-8800 8.48 Miles

AT&T
9679 WEST COLONIAL DR
OCOEE, FL 34761

* Apple iPhone
* Equipment Upgrade
* GoPhone Refills

(407) 295-5154 8.53 Miles

that was the first ten that came up

SpyderFCS
Jun 28, 2007, 04:26 PM

Did he happen to say about how many? I can't imagine they are getting more than 1500 which I guess could last the weekend but I won't take me chances.

ShellyFM
Jun 28, 2007, 04:35 PM
Some of the AT&T stores really don't know anything and they are giving out false information. I'm driving into Orlando tonight. So, my Mom went to the two AT&T stores on W Colonial to ask some questions.

The 1st store told her that they weren't doing anything special to handle lines. However, they said they had a police officer who was going to tell people where to stand. They expect the line to wrap around the building. They didn't know how many iPhones they were going to have.

The 2nd store told my her that she had to change her existing voice plan to one of the 3 iPhone plans. She couldn't keep her existing voice plan. They insisted on this. I told her that they had their information wrong and had her pull up Apple's website so she could see for herself. She then called them and told them what the website said. The store clerk told her that they didn't know much but if she thought she was going to buy one without changing her plan in the store that she better bring in a printout of the website that said she could. If she didn't bring the printout, they would force her to change her plan in order to buy the phone.

It scares me how little these places know 24 hours before the launch.

It looks like we're in for a rainy day tomorrow. So, that's going to be really rough on people waiting at AT&T stores. So far, we're still leaning towards going to one of these two AT&T stores because they are close to my Mom's house. However, weather may make us change our minds at last minute.

What have you all heard? What are your plans?

SpyderFCS
Jun 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
I plan on going to by the Millenia Apple store at 7am on my way to work to make sure there isn't already a line. If not, then I'll go to work and take lunch to go back by the store to check the situation. If still no line, then I'll go back to work until about 2 or 3. If there is a line a lunch though, I'm not going back to work...

Fluidmusic00
Jun 28, 2007, 07:31 PM
I plan on going to by the Millenia Apple store at 7am on my way to work to make sure there isn't already a line. If not, then I'll go to work and take lunch to go back by the store to check the situation. If still no line, then I'll go back to work until about 2 or 3. If there is a line a lunch though, I'm not going back to work...

I read this somewhere, and it's all part of the rumor mill, but...I heard that Apple stores that are in in-door malls would make people line up outside at the nearest exit to the Apple Store. This would suck if you are hoping to wait in the cool AC and stay dry from the expect rain tomorrow.

I thought it was the malls decision on what to do with the lines, and not entirely Apples? Does anyone have any information on this for Millennia or Florida Mall?

Thanks!

Tsmith00
Jun 28, 2007, 08:31 PM
I called the Apple store an hour ago...there are already lines at both locations outside the mall. CRAZY!!

Anyone in this area thinking about going tomorrow?

isalex
Jun 28, 2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah I thought of going to the UCF/Waterford Lakes store too since it is right by my house but I think I will opt for an Apple Store. I just think they are going to get a hell of alot more...Good Luck guys! I think I will go for the Millenia Mall.

I live in Avalon Park in the east side of town. The two AT&T stores in the Waterford Lakes shopping center should have enough supply for the demand.

I'm pretty sure the two Apple stores we have in Orlando are going to be insane tomorrow. Good Luck. :)

brandoniphone
Jun 28, 2007, 10:10 PM
I'm really excited for tomorrow. I hope we don't have any issues with unruly people in lines. Let's all try to set the good example in the Orlando area and help each other out when it comes to bathroom breaks and notebook recharges. I'll post again with where I am and what the situation is when I get to an AT&T store tomorrow. Enjoy your day everyone, try to keep dry!

Fluidmusic00
Jun 28, 2007, 10:21 PM
I'm really excited for tomorrow. I hope we don't have any issues with unruly people in lines. Let's all try to set the good example in the Orlando area and help each other out when it comes to bathroom breaks and notebook recharges. I'll post again with where I am and what the situation is when I get to an AT&T store tomorrow. Enjoy your day everyone, try to keep dry!

Good point! Apple/ATT will probably have enough to meet demand if you get there at some sort of reasonable time. I'd assume by at least 4pm'ish. You might have to wait longer than others...

Once you get to your location...if you have the ability to post the situation (line length, how it's being done), please do so! I'll probably be able to, or have a friend do it for me. Good luck!

Fluidmusic00
Jun 28, 2007, 10:33 PM

Good point! Apple/ATT will probably have enough to meet demand if you get there at some sort of reasonable time. I'd assume by at least 4pm'ish. You might have to wait longer than others...

Once you get to your location...if you have the ability to post the situation (line length, how it's being done), please do so! I'll probably be able to, or have a friend do it for me. Good luck!

Jsimon9633
Jun 28, 2007, 10:43 PM
so considering how stupid ATT reps are

the one at my local ATT told me I could not get an iphone unless I cancel my current contract and get a new one or get a second line since I am not eligible for upgrade yet.

when we buy it at ATT store, do they have to do anything? can i just pay and get the hell out of dodge before they say something moronic like forcing me to do something in store?

ShellyFM
Jun 28, 2007, 11:01 PM
so considering how stupid ATT reps are

the one at my local ATT told me I could not get an iphone unless I cancel my current contract and get a new one or get a second line since I am not eligible for upgrade yet.

when we buy it at ATT store, do they have to do anything? can i just pay and get the hell out of dodge before they say something moronic like forcing me to do something in store?

You should be able to just buy it and walk out since the activation is done at home. I suggest bringing a printout from AT&T's website stating so. See my post above.

ShellyFM
Jun 28, 2007, 11:02 PM
I called the Apple store an hour ago...there are already lines at both locations outside the mall. CRAZY!!

Anyone in this area thinking about going tomorrow?

I called Florida mall security a little while ago and they said they are not allowing anyone to camp out over night. Instead, they are telling everyone to come back when the mall opens in the morning.

Fluidmusic00
Jun 28, 2007, 11:15 PM
I called Florida mall security a little while ago and they said they are not allowing anyone to camp out over night. Instead, they are telling everyone to come back when the mall opens in the morning.

Any word on Millennia?

ShellyFM
Jun 28, 2007, 11:20 PM
Any word on Millennia?

I don't have the number for mall security there.

coreycore02
Jun 28, 2007, 11:25 PM
Hey all its about midnight now and I'm at the store at waterford lakes by the mattress giant and eyeglass store. I got here at 1030pm ish and there was already 3 people here. So I'm 4th in line, man is it gonna be a long night. Also in case anyone wondered the store across the street is also selling iphones tomorr and when I was there it looked like only one person in line, of course that was about 2 hours ago. Anyways ill check back later and see how everyone else is faring

coreycore02
Jun 29, 2007, 05:59 AM
Well I'm back. Its 7am now. Still awake, thanks to redbull. Anyways. We got about 11 people at the att store now. Aparently like no one is at the one across the street. Anyways everyone must be out waiting in line cause no one is one here. So I guess ill see how everyone makes out later

coreycore02
Jun 29, 2007, 06:02 AM
Well I'm back. Its 7am now. Still awake, thanks to redbull. Anyways. We got about 11 people at the att store now. Aparently like no one is at the one across the street. Anyways everyone must be out waiting in line cause no one is on here. So I guess ill see how everyone makes out later

brandoniphone
Jun 29, 2007, 06:55 AM
It's nearly 8am, and I arrived at the ATT store in Altamonte Springs (north side of 436 by the Altamonte Mall). There are 6 people ahead of me in line, all of whom--save one--have been here since 10PM. I will be sitting here with my MBP and VZ EVDO card, so come by and say hello.

sonofpismo
Jun 29, 2007, 08:10 AM
About 40 at Apple Store and 5 at At&t store.

Great group of people, too!

Eric Lewis
Jun 29, 2007, 08:11 AM
I was just outside the Millenia Mall at the closet doors to the Apple Store..and there is like 40people waiting outside the mall..and almost all are waiting for the iPhone:apple: so id go now! before its too late

ShellyFM
Jun 29, 2007, 08:57 AM
Well, last minute I decided to go to the Florida Mall due to the weather forcast. I arrived here at about 7:30am even though last night we were told we wouldn't be allowed in until 8am. The doors to the mall entrance were unlocked so I just let myself in. In front of the Apple store, stanchions were set-up. However, there weren't very many. It was obvious that mall security did not fully anticipate the hype surrounding this event. So, here I am #1! An Apple employee took a picture of me along with my name and said they are sending in the first at each store to corporate. Pretty neat! There are about 15-20 people here so far. Mall security has put up additional stanchions since they realized more people were continuing to show up.

Another 8 hours to go!

ShellyFM
Jun 29, 2007, 09:11 AM
It's not much, but I'll try to post a few pics throughout the day.

http://iphonelaunch.blogspot.com/

SpyderFCS
Jun 29, 2007, 09:42 AM
Anyone have any updates on the Millenia Apple Store? Pictures?

And Shelly...are you the same Shelly that camped at the Millenia Target for the Wii?

ShellyFM
Jun 29, 2007, 10:30 AM
And Shelly...are you the same Shelly that camped at the Millenia Target for the Wii?

Sorry. I'm not the same Shelly. I don't have a Wii and never stood in line at one.

mickeyd26
Jun 29, 2007, 11:23 AM
called Apple at Millenia around 11am. line was about 100+ supposedly. then called Apple at Florida Mall, line was about 35 people deep...

tranced25
Jun 29, 2007, 11:59 AM
called Apple at Millenia around 11am. line was about 100+ supposedly. then called Apple at Florida Mall, line was about 35 people deep...

Holy S@*#!

There goes my hopes of being able to just walk in and buy, lol. Seems like line-waiting is becoming inevitable. 5 hours to go, and I still have no idea where to be.:confused:

mickeyd26
Jun 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
called Florida Mall location about an hour ago and the line was around 50 deep... :-(

TraceyS/FL
Jun 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
Have fun guys!!

Gee, I need to call and ask the Apple Store a question - guess it's not a good time! LOL!!

I"m going to drive by the AT&T Store here in Lady Lake before 6 to see if there is a line (i'm not buying). All the VIllage people - are they techno Apple geeks????

IF anyone sees Chris or Casey at the FL Mall store - have one of them call Tracey on the Camp Apple class she called on the other day :D

coreycore02
Jun 29, 2007, 06:09 PM
hey all just got mine and am home activating.. i love how it looks, but damn i wanna use it more... is anyone else have the activation taking forever... its been like 45 min now :(

TraceyS/FL
Jun 29, 2007, 07:39 PM
So was anyone here in the Lady Lake line??? (probably not! LOL!!)

This was at 5:44pm
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/hsscrappers/tracey_pool_pics/IMG_4842.jpg

If anyone has pictures from the FL Mall and/or Millenia - i'd love a line shot for my scrapbook page i'm going to do :D

Jsimon9633
Jun 29, 2007, 07:43 PM
Lakeland for the win

I waited since 430pm :)

they had 60 there were like 35 in line :)

ShellyFM
Jun 29, 2007, 08:28 PM
AT&T has dropped the ball on this one!

Their servers can't handle the load so my Mom's is "pending" activation.

Then, I couldn't activate mine yet because my zip code was changed by the postal service about a month ago and AT&T's computers don't recognize it. When I tried to call, they transferred me 3 times and ultimately to Apple Tech Support. My issue is with AT&T NOT Apple. So, when I tried to call AT&T back, they said they are having technical difficulties and couldn't take my call.

UGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've waited since 7:30am and now I can't use it!!!

P.S. Apple tech support said it's important to let it charge via an A/C outlet (not your computer) for 6-8 hours before use.

ShellyFM
Jun 29, 2007, 08:29 PM
So was anyone here in the Lady Lake line??? (probably not! LOL!!)

This was at 5:44pm
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/hsscrappers/tracey_pool_pics/IMG_4842.jpg

If anyone has pictures from the FL Mall and/or Millenia - i'd love a line shot for my scrapbook page i'm going to do :D

I have some pictures up at the blog I set up for this event.

http://iphonelaunch.blogspot.com/

TraceyS/FL
Jun 29, 2007, 09:18 PM
Cool beans!!!

Sorry you have having an issue with the zip code. UGH.