PDA

View Full Version : The makers of Acquisition are working on a new P2P App calle...

MacBytes
Jul 10, 2003, 06:30 PM
Category: Peer to Peer
Link: The makers of Acquisition are working on a new P2P App called Liberty. (http://www.sciforums.com/f72/s/showthread.php?s=f07e880756ec071d8f3b3c1dfa6810f2&threadid=23805)

Kwyjibo
Jul 10, 2003, 06:45 PM
heres the pic from the thread

sparkleytone
Jul 10, 2003, 09:57 PM
has anyone been able to get ahold of a binary?? apparently, the guy posted it for people to test but explicitly expressed that it was not to be a large release on the file trackers. some ******* posted it on versiontracker and spoiled the fun for everyone. any help would be appreciated.

arn
Jul 10, 2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
has anyone been able to get ahold of a binary?? apparently, the guy posted it for people to test but explicitly expressed that it was not to be a large release on the file trackers. some ******* posted it on versiontracker and spoiled the fun for everyone. any help would be appreciated.

The greatest irony, of course, would be if it were posted on P2P networks.

(I don't know if it has)

arn

Wardofsky
Jul 10, 2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by arn
The greatest irony, of course, would be if it were posted on P2P networks.

(I don't know if it has)

arn

LimeWire Pro (P2P sharing) full version can be found through LimeWire Basic.

You can also get the serial number through it as well, how ironic indeed, allowing file sharing allows itself to be pirated.

Kwyjibo
Jul 10, 2003, 11:05 PM
i know the makers of acquisition offer a program on their website that if you turn in a fake serial number that they havent' seen yet they will give you a free new working key for a while for snitching on the piracy community, limewire is odd like that but usually some of the sahdier forums link directly to the buy now link form limeiwre :)

york2600
Jul 11, 2003, 12:37 AM
When did Limewire start requiring a serial number. It used to just be a binary that you launched. Also all you have to do is know a someone that paid for it and use their e-mail address to download it. It's like they don't even try to get people to pay for the thing. Not that it's worth 10 bucks, but still.

scem0
Jul 11, 2003, 03:09 PM
Let's hope it is good.

I've grown used to Kazaa and I'm afraid I am going to scream in utter horror when I see mac P2P.

let's hope this isn't the case.

Limewire wasn't all that bad when I was still using my G4.

scem0

Durandal7
Jul 11, 2003, 06:19 PM
I've found Acquisition to be one of the better Mac P2P programs. Switched over to it after Limewire kept pissing me off. I look forward to Liberty.

job
Jul 11, 2003, 07:51 PM
Does anyone know if they are they discontinuing Aquisition as a result?

Durandal7
Jul 11, 2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by job
Does anyone know if they are they discontinuing Aquisition as a result?

I wouldn't be surprised. It looks like it's basically going to be Acquisition 2.0 with a new name. It looks very similar to acquitsition but with a lot of new features and a tweaked interface.