PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Las Vegas, NV

Nagooya
Jun 24, 2007, 11:49 PM
Do any Vegas buyers know how strong the presence of the iPhone is in Vegas, and if the Fashion Show Apple Store is expecting huge crowds?

SirOmega
Jun 25, 2007, 12:13 AM
The fashion show is the only place for anyone on or near the strip to get the phone. Of course, locals dont live on the strip, and the affluent ones you'd expect to buy the iPhone live either southeast or far west/northwest of the strip.

But, its also the only Apple Store in Vegas. I'd expect large crowds. Its a shame the next LV Apple store wont be open until early next year (but its still on the strip - which sucks for locals since we hate going down to the strip). More importantly its indoors and every AT&T store is outdoors, and in 100F heat, you'll see more people opt to wait in line inside in a mall than outside in the sun.

I will be at the AT&T store at Charleston and Rampart in line. There are two AT&T stores in close proximity and I hope that means decreased crowds (but then again its in a nice part of town). Prolly get there around 3pm based on how long the lines are as I drive by and check it out throughout the day.

Nagooya
Jun 25, 2007, 12:16 AM
I'll probably get to the fashion show at 12 or 1 because I live in SoCal but i'm going on vacation to Vegas w/ my family and i have to get it in Las Vegas because we leave Friday morning. I hope it's not too bad!

SirOmega
Jun 25, 2007, 12:22 AM
Yea, the earliest people could line up is around 930 or 10am, so 12 or 1 isnt bad. You'd figure they really dont have room to have 100 people in line around the store but we'll see. They're going to have to put those people somewhere...

Nagooya
Jun 25, 2007, 12:25 AM
Well, i've never seen this Apple store, but is this mall quite popular?

Jun 25, 2007, 01:22 AM
Well, i've never seen this Apple store, but is this mall quite popular?

yes very, its the mall that looks like a UFO and they play giant apple advertisements on a huge screen that can bee seen when your going down the street, its pretty much impossible to miss it.

Nagooya
Jun 25, 2007, 01:24 AM
yes very, its the mall that looks like a UFO and they play giant apple advertisements on a huge screen that can bee seen when your going down the street, its pretty much impossible to miss it.

Haha! I actually do remember seeing it now, when it was being built a while ago, but i've never been in it.

Jun 25, 2007, 01:29 AM
yea I haven't been in since it looked like a yellow submarine which I think was about 8 to 10 years ago. it but I always watch the apple ads when we drive by it

chazmangus
Jun 25, 2007, 10:22 AM
somehow i need to get 6 iphones, from what i can recall apple has never had a one per person rule even on other bigger releases like 10.4, if i can only buy on per person i need to find 5 people to wait in line with me.

mattscott306
Jun 25, 2007, 10:24 AM
somehow i need to get 6 iphones, from what i can recall apple has never had a one per person rule even on other bigger releases like 10.4, if i can only buy on per person i need to find 5 people to wait in line with me.

Doubt they'd limit the number sold, I don't think they are expecting to run out. But I do have to ask, why the hell do you need six iPhones?

chazmangus
Jun 25, 2007, 10:47 AM
Doubt they'd limit the number sold, I don't think they are expecting to run out. But I do have to ask, why the hell do you need six iPhones?

for my millionaire boss, he only needs 5 but i need one i think he plans on giving them to friends as gifts etc. not really sure.

SirOmega
Jun 25, 2007, 10:53 AM

You're going to have to buy them at the Apple store since I'm assuming the AT&T stores will activate it there for you.

LVdustin
Jun 25, 2007, 10:59 AM
Chazman!

I have got only two potential buyers with me, and about 5 others just to hang with me. They will be able to grab you the iPhones if you need. I am in Mexico, so calling me is out of the question, hit me up through email.

LVdustin
Jun 25, 2007, 11:03 AM
I will be on 215 & Flamingo AT&T store. I plan to get there around or much before 10:00 PM the night before, Yes i am crazy! Had my name on the waiting list there, but I seriously believe that list is completely pointless. I don't think the lines are going to be as crazy as waiting for a PS3 or Xbox 360, or Wii :) But I do believe there will be small popularity the night before or day of release. I was there at the Fashion Show for the iPod Mini 2nd gen release, and that line was INSANE! So expect it to be like 5x longer for the iPhone.

SirOmega
Jun 25, 2007, 11:54 AM
I will be on 215 & Flamingo AT&T store.

There is a store there? I never noticed it (and its not on the directory on AT&Ts website either).

Nagooya
Jun 25, 2007, 01:03 PM

Ya, i need 3, and I hope we can get them because of this possible limit thing.

LVdustin
Jun 25, 2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah the 215 & Flamingo store is basically brand new opened up back in April or May, it's nice, It's got a target right there to stock up on supplies on food, it has a tropical smoothie right next to it that just opened up next week, and for etc.

It's going to be a nice opening day for me. I get back from Mexico on thursday in the afternoon then it's straight to the store!

SirOmega
Jun 25, 2007, 04:25 PM
Just be sure to bring some mace or something - they're been a string of armed robberies in the SW part of town recently (hybrid gangs - not bound by race but by high school cliques at school).

salalejo
Jun 25, 2007, 04:54 PM
I have a whole slew of people who will join me in line with you so that you can have as many iphones as you need. I will have my people at the Apple Store at the Fashion Show Mall at whatever time you want them there. Message me with the number of people you need and what you are willing to offer (per person).

solidsnake246816@yahoo.com

roosta
Jun 25, 2007, 05:13 PM
i wonder if they'll be having a giveaway of the sort they had with 10.4? i won a 1gb shuffle that day.

LVdustin
Jun 25, 2007, 06:11 PM
I wish they would have a drawing, but I think a lot of the attention is going be focussed on the at&t stores. Like Steve said, head over to an at&t store instead of an :apple: store, because it's going be insane. Although there is a lot of information that has not come out yet for the iPhone that we still need, like if there is going to be specific plans and pricing and etc. We have roughly 4 days left and time is going by really fast.

I cancelled my T-mobile service back in March and went to a GoPhone and have been on there since, which has been very pricey because of how much I talk and text. But the iPhone was the reason I switched so even if this product is completely buggy and crappy, I am still going to love it.

I became a fan about year and a half ago when I bought my first mac and have been obsessed ever since.

But :apple: is taking a big chance by expanding this market, and although stuff is calling it close by releasing certain things I think it's best.

Apple also likes to release certain suprises after a product is released, so hopefully there is a little suprise that is in the iPhone we don't know yet about.

But you will expect me at the night before and launch date. It should be a very fun time.

Jamoke
Jun 25, 2007, 07:28 PM
i wonder if they'll be having a giveaway of the sort they had with 10.4? i won a 1gb shuffle that day.

I took my whole Family to that Event. We got Everything but the Shuffle, and the MacMini... We walked out with a 15" Powerbook, and the Video iPod. it was a blast. Almost 2K in merchandise for the 10.4 Release for me. :)

They won't be doing an Event similar to that release. They advertised that and were allowed to tell people that a long time in advance. The employees were telling me to come, and the lines into the store stretched all the way down almost to the stairs to the South of the store. I would guess close to 600 people were in Line for that Event, so to see 250 People in line wouldn't surprise me at the Apple Store on June 29th. However when they closed the store at 4:30 - there were only about 20 people in line. So the majority of the people that showed up - got off of work around 5:00 and that's when the line got really long. Towards about 7:00 the Store was PACKED and the line had about 500 people trailing out the back.

However due to the fact there are closer AT&T stores to people's places of employment / homes; and due to the fact that this is a broader release, I would expect to see close to 300 people at each location. As a minimum. Now I'm not talking about 300 people being there 3 days early - or whatever happened for the PS3, Xbox360 releases, but at about 5:00 you'll see the lines start to double in size.

My Guess - Showing up at 1:00-2:00 in the afternoon will put you in the top 50 in line - probably guaranteed. Before that - It'll just be the fanatics (Like me!) and good socializing, but not necessity for obtaining one of the pieces of Mana from Heaven.

Jamoke
Jun 25, 2007, 07:32 PM
Apple also likes to release certain suprises after a product is released, so hopefully there is a little suprise that is in the iPhone we don't know yet about.

They have a movie coming out that same day.... What a coincidence....

LVdustin
Jun 25, 2007, 09:48 PM
Ok, so apparently since that 215 & Flamingo store is so new, I can't find details about it anywhere if it's a corporate or franchisee, can someone please call them and see which is which?

I can't do it here since I am in Mexico. I don't know the exact address, but the zip code is 89147 there.

SirOmega
Jun 25, 2007, 10:51 PM
The store is new enough to not show up anywhere, but the 100-block is 4200 S. Grand Canyon.

It looked like a corporate owned store (there were no other signs for any other carriers), but I'm not 100% sure (though I did drive by it on my way home from the parents).

LVdustin
Jun 25, 2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I mean it's 100% at&t store....with the Cingular title. So I hope it's a corporate store. I know there is one on Charleston right next to the Panda express and where the Home Depot is...I think that is a corporate as well. But I hate that area, I like the Flamingo location better.

I just don't want to be screwed when I get down there and with my bad luck, they won't have them.

SirOmega
Jun 26, 2007, 12:15 AM
There is one in Boca Park too but I bet that one will be mobbed, and one at Durango & Warm Springs. Then one further down Flamingo.

I actually like the one on Charleston because its next to the panda - I can grab myself a panda bowl before I go and get in line.

I'd just show up and ask them Thursday - I'm willing to bet not a lot of people know that store is there yet. Hell if the line is too long at my preferred stores I'll swing by that one to check it out.

LVdustin
Jun 26, 2007, 12:25 AM
Frankly, I doubt there is going to be major lines anywhere. Like we have a lot of stores there, and not everyone is going to wait in line on launch day to get this specific phone. Like us apple fans will. but many casual people aren't and that is what we are looking at here, is a lot of casual people. This is not the same thing as waiting for the Xbox and stuff.

JohnnyAndre
Jun 26, 2007, 02:02 AM
I haven't decided where to stay in line yet .. I queued it up at the Target in Boca Park for the 360, PS3, Wii and I had no problems. Well except for some people who screamed "SCREW YOU SONY FANBOYS NINTENDO IS ****ING AWESOME" and threw water on us, at which point I chased them and made them drive faster to get away from me. (Pussies.) It's a toss up between Boca, Charleston near Panda and Fashion Show. :\ Fashion Show won't be so hot because of the air conditioning, but you might not be able to activate the phone there, though :(

SirOmega
Jun 26, 2007, 05:49 AM
(delete mods plz)

Nagooya
Jun 26, 2007, 01:17 PM
I haven't decided where to stay in line yet .. I queued it up at the Target in Boca Park for the 360, PS3, Wii and I had no problems. Well except for some people who screamed "SCREW YOU SONY FANBOYS NINTENDO IS ****ING AWESOME" and threw water on us, at which point I chased them and made them drive faster to get away from me. (Pussies.) It's a toss up between Boca, Charleston near Panda and Fashion Show. :\ Fashion Show won't be so hot because of the air conditioning, but you might not be able to activate the phone there, though :(

You activate via iTunes.:) I'll be at Fashion Show Apple Store on friday at 1 or 2.

LVdustin
Jun 26, 2007, 03:24 PM
Ok, so i have a situation here...

After reviewing the activation video on Apple's website, it seems like when you sign up...you get a new number...

Well am I able to just get my GoPhone number transferred over when I sign up for a contract with them and go with an iPhone plan? I am probably going to have to call them up for that one huh?

JohnnyAndre
Jun 26, 2007, 05:04 PM
Dustin, the video states that you can keep your old number, but it may take 20 minutes to 3 hours to activate your phone that way. I would like to keep my old number, but I think that I would have to cancel my old phone to do that, and I can't really do that until august (They adjusted the roaming rates without stating they would in the contract).

So I'm probably going to end up with a new number, no big deal. I'll just call all of my contacts from my old phone on my iPhone.

Also, I will be at the Apple Store Fashion Show too. I say we all take over the runway and line up on it instead of in front of the store, who's with me?

Jamoke
Jun 26, 2007, 06:00 PM
http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store

Jamoke
Jun 26, 2007, 06:01 PM
Also, I will be at the Apple Store Fashion Show too. I say we all take over the runway and line up on it instead of in front of the store, who's with me?

Let's do it - I'll Call Mall Events - and schedule the use of the runway;)

craigverse
Jun 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
I guess macrumors doesn't feel the reno apple store is worth it's own thread. :/ Sad face.

JohnnyAndre
Jun 26, 2007, 07:03 PM
You definitely should call them :D

SirOmega
Jun 26, 2007, 08:46 PM
FYI there is another thread in the main iPhone forum about how another Apple store (inside a mall) is running their stuff - line starts thurs @ 6P outside of mall, 24hr security, 500 wristbands, etc. I cant find the thread anymore though. But I'd thought I'd advise.

ejrizo
Jun 26, 2007, 09:09 PM
My Birthday is on June 30th!... i live in Los Angeles Area... but i will be going to vegas on the 29th for my birthday.... so i might show up a lil drunk but i will be there in line... lol... i cant wait... im thinking of showing up about 4pm? what you guys think about that time?? i hope its good... anyway... can you drink in that mall?? since you can drink anywhere else on the strip?... im seriously considering rolling up with a 12 pack of coronas with me and my buddy in a lil ice chest... and waiting in line... serious question? thanks i hope i get one.... it would be the best birthday gift ever...

BlueArctos
Jun 26, 2007, 09:45 PM
As of 7:30 PM PDT, the AT&T wireless website's Find A Store link returns with the following:
Page Not Found
Sorry, there is no page matching your request. It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or that the page no longer exists.
Looks like someone is modifying scripts? Something broken?

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/sitemap.jsp

I'll be at one of the Summerlin stores tomorrow.

SirOmega
Jun 26, 2007, 09:50 PM
You're going to line up wednesday? Geez, my prospects are looking slimmer all the time.

LVdustin
Jun 26, 2007, 10:19 PM
Ok, I will go to the Fashion Show if and if only I am going be guaranteed an iPhone. Since you guys are all so nice and we are all so organized, if we were to actually line up at the fashion show all together, we could establish some type of list to whoever is there first or something. The last time i waited for a product in mall...they passed out numbers and a wristband and told us to come back when they were being released. But in this case with :apple: I think it will be very organized and strict. I think we should get there early...but with safety issues and etc. they will not let us stay inside the mall overnight or around the premises I believe. So anyone got a clue to what is going down

BlueArctos
Jun 26, 2007, 10:36 PM
You're going to line up wednesday? Geez, my prospects are looking slimmer all the time.
My stupidity prevented me from mentioning one critical point: I'll be right next to a store tomorrow, so I'm going in early to ask questions about switching to AT&T from Verizon.

I'll probably only start waiting in line for the actual phone at 4:30 PM on Friday.

JohnnyAndre
Jun 27, 2007, 12:44 AM
I'm going to the Fashion Show tomorrow to ask how the security is going to be, where we should line up and when we can start lining up. I'll post all of the details here for you people.

BTW: The Corona thing sounds awesome, man. Do it.

Nagooya
Jun 27, 2007, 12:56 AM
I'm going to the Fashion Show tomorrow to ask how the security is going to be, where we should line up and when we can start lining up. I'll post all of the details here for you people.

Please give us a full report when you get back!!! Thanks in advance!

JohnnyAndre
Jun 27, 2007, 01:18 AM
I'll give a full report fer sho.

BTW: Grindhouse is AWESOME

daddimac
Jun 27, 2007, 09:36 AM
If your going to the AT&T store in Boca Park, you can use the free WiFi @ Three Angry Wives Pub afterwards to set up your iPhone. www.ThreeAngryWives.com

Nagooya
Jun 27, 2007, 12:01 PM
I'll give a full report fer sho.

BTW: Grindhouse is AWESOME

Thanks! And yes, Grindhouse is AMAZINGGG!

ejrizo
Jun 27, 2007, 12:12 PM

hey thanks for doing that for us... keep us posted... and i guess i will take in an ice chest for the wait! :-) lol

:apple:

JohnnyAndre
Jun 27, 2007, 02:18 PM
I just got off the phone with Security for the Fashion Show as well as the Concierge for the Fashion Show. Security states that they don't know if they will be allowing people to line up before the mall opens yet. He also said to keep in contact with the apple store and that if anything changes he would give me a call.

Judging from when I talked to the manager of the apple store, we should just get there during the day and get in line. At all previous launches (iPods, etc) They always seemed to have quite a bit of stock. So we'll be alright.

As soon as he calls back I'll post on here to tell you all what he says.

Nagooya
Jun 27, 2007, 02:43 PM
I just got off the phone with Security for the Fashion Show as well as the Concierge for the Fashion Show. Security states that they don't know if they will be allowing people to line up before the mall opens yet. He also said to keep in contact with the apple store and that if anything changes he would give me a call.

Judging from when I talked to the manager of the apple store, we should just get there during the day and get in line. At all previous launches (iPods, etc) They always seemed to have quite a bit of stock. So we'll be alright.

Thank you so much for that info!:)

SirOmega
Jun 27, 2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the info Johnny!

TheAnswer
Jun 27, 2007, 03:15 PM
Nagooya you better be carrying a laptop and a camera so you can post pics of your "O" face when you get your iPhone or I will be so disappointed. :cool:

Nagooya
Jun 27, 2007, 04:05 PM
Nagooya you better be carrying a laptop and a camera so you can post pics of your "O" face when you get your iPhone or I will be so disappointed. :cool:

Hahahaha!

ejrizo
Jun 27, 2007, 05:14 PM

hey thanks for the heads up... man im hyped and excited for this... unfortunately since im going up there on vacation even if i do buy this beauty of a machine... i wont be able to activate it until i get home and dock it to my computer....but thats probrably best! haha... so i dont lose it being all drunk :-)

sbrownla
Jun 27, 2007, 09:09 PM
You guys are funny. You have nothing to worry about--lines and stuff. If you want to deal with a bunch of tourists, by all means struggle your way to Fashion Show. I'm glad they're getting some though, cuz a few days ago some ditz told me that they didn't even know if they'd be getting any. :rolleyes:

Take flix someone, and put em up on a blog. I'm here in northwest AZ, and I have a few questions that ATT hasn't been able to answer for me first before I decide to take the two-hour trip to come pick one up.

Have fun.

cwk1234
Jun 28, 2007, 01:05 AM
i was at the Fashion Show this afternoon and spoke with a manager there. i asked them what they would do if they wanted an iphone friday and they weren't an employee... they said they would definitely go to an att store. i dont think they should have told me this, but they said that because they were not a large apple store they wouldn't be getting anywhere near as many as some other apple stores around the country. so im guna head over to boca park myself.. who else is goin there?

ejrizo
Jun 28, 2007, 01:29 AM
i was at the Fashion Show this afternoon and spoke with a manager there. i asked them what they would do if they wanted an iphone friday and they weren't an employee... they said they would definitely go to an att store. i dont think they should have told me this, but they said that because they were not a large apple store they wouldn't be getting anywhere near as many as some other apple stores around the country. so im guna head over to boca park myself.. who else is goin there?

hmm that dont make me feel any beter... to me its that store or bust for the weekend... im there on the strip and wont be driving so im not going on a hunt for it.... i hope i can still get one there at fashion show.... maybe i will just have to show up like at 2pm

Nagooya
Jun 28, 2007, 02:22 AM

That doesn't sound to good, but i should be there by 12 or 1, so hopefully its not packed by then...:(

cwk1234
Jun 28, 2007, 04:56 AM
yeh i know it sucks.. at least if they run out they will order you one in the store though.. :(

here is all the att stores in vegas .. hope it helps :)
http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/results.jsp?_requestid=40089

Nagooya
Jun 28, 2007, 09:38 AM
yeh i know it sucks.. at least if they run out they will order you one in the store though.. :(

here is all the att stores in vegas .. hope it helps :)
http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/results.jsp?_requestid=40089

Thanks, i found a least of ten AT&T stores. But the information released today via press release sounds as though they shouldnt sell out because they would have enough for the demand, especially with the "2 per person" rule.

ejrizo
Jun 28, 2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks, i found a least of ten AT&T stores. But the information released today via press release sounds as though they shouldnt sell out because they would have enough for the demand, especially with the "2 per person" rule.

yeah i hope you are correct.... hey I PMed you by the way...

damn i will be dissapointed if i didnt have an iphone tomorrow!

:mad:

lol damn apple and their marketing hahaha bastards!! :apple:

Nagooya
Jun 28, 2007, 12:05 PM
yeah i hope you are correct.... hey I PMed you by the way...

damn i will be dissapointed if i didnt have an iphone tomorrow!

:mad:

lol damn apple and their marketing hahaha bastards!! :apple:

It seems like they might not have as many iPhone's considering it's a smaller Apple Store (apparently), but it should be rather busy since it's right in the heart of Vegas. So hopefully they will have plenty. BTW: i PM'd you

JohnnyAndre
Jun 28, 2007, 01:13 PM
I'll be picking up 4 iphones tomorrow. See you all there! :D

BTW: When is everyone lining up?

ejrizo
Jun 28, 2007, 02:29 PM
hey do you guys know if we will be lining up outside or indoors?... i know its a mall and all... but are they going to have that many people lined up inside the mall blocking entrances to other stores?...

anyway me and my homie are going to roll up with lounge/lawn chairs and a lil ice chest and drink our way to an iphone in line...

anyone think that would be a problem? im serious hahha... it would make the time go by so much faster!

Jamoke
Jun 28, 2007, 02:57 PM
hey do you guys know if we will be lining up outside or indoors?... i know its a mall and all... but are they going to have that many people lined up inside the mall blocking entrances to other stores?...

anyway me and my homie are going to roll up with lounge/lawn chairs and a lil ice chest and drink our way to an iphone in line...

anyone think that would be a problem? im serious hahha... it would make the time go by so much faster!

Last Events - they had the lines in-doors. Blocking another store won't be too much of an issue, as to my knowledge the abercrombie store next to the apple store is still closed for renovation. Worst case - they'll span the line into the run-way area....

JohnnyAndre
Jun 28, 2007, 04:59 PM
(From the Fashion Show Security Sergent)
Doors open at Fashion Show at 8:00am, Apple store opens at 9:00am. From 9-2 They'll be open. 2-6 closed to set up the iPhone stuff inside and also to set up the line outside of the store. Security will break up any lines or clutters around the store they see forming before the Apple store sets up their line in front of the store because of risk of fire hazard. Apple store will be open from 6pm-12am to sell the iPhone.

I suggest we all get there at around 3 and walk around the area until the line ropes are all set up. But that's just me.

ejrizo
Jun 28, 2007, 05:07 PM
Doors open at Fashion Show at 8:00am, Apple store opens at 9:00am. From 9-2 They'll be open. 2-6 closed to set up the iPhone stuff inside and also to set up the line outside of the store. Security will break up any lines or clutters around the store they see forming before the Apple store sets up their line in front of the store because of risk of fire hazard. Apple store will be open from 6pm-12am to sell the iPhone.

I suggest we all get there at around 3 and walk around the area until the line ropes are all set up. But that's just me.

thanks man that helps a ton... i will be getting there at about 2pm or so and checking it out... i hope it all works out... if there is no line formed i will come back in about an hour and check it out..

thanks once again for all the info :-)

Nagooya
Jun 28, 2007, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the info!:D

Jamoke
Jun 28, 2007, 07:07 PM

Yeah - Sounds Good - We could all just kind of mob the tables on the run-way until they 'form' a line. - Who's Taking Names? Who's going to be there first? - Get on a list - Make Friends - have the #1 guy stay there - and take down the names in order -

#1 guy could sit there all day - and the rest of us could check in every half hour or so (Or be bumped?) and he could just organize the whole thing, and deal with security telling him to move. #2 could take a turn when security tells him to move.

Then when the line gets 'Formed' by Apple #1 could ensure that everyone is in their rightful spot. I wouldn't mind being in line at a table on the runway instead of against a wall. Wouldn't be bad for me... Wouldn't mind being #1 and taking the names either... I just want an iPhone, and don't see the logic in saying whatever mob of 600 people shows up at 3:00 becomes the line? What if someone had just showed up versus the people who had been there since who knows when.

(Mall security says only one door opens at 9:00 A.M. - It's the one off of Las Vegas Boulevard. They told me Apple opens at 10:00, and the Mall opens at 9:00. They aren't supposed to open Apple at 9:00 AM until the 30th....)

Edit: Mall Security Confirmed opening at 9:00 AM on Las Vegas Boulevard only. Confirmed 10:00 AM Apple Store opening. Denied any plans for breaking up a crowd of people willing to spend $600 dollars for a product. Don't believe me? (702) 784-7053 - Ask for a supervisor - ask them yourself.

SirOmega
Jun 28, 2007, 07:48 PM
Man I feel bad for the security guards at the FSM tomorrow. I'll probably head down there around noon and see what the deal is, I have a few errands to run anyways. If the line is already 100+ people long I'll stay in line (and get the camping chair I have out of my car so I can sit down instead of stand for six hours). If its over 300 people, well then I'll just go to the AT&T stores near my house. Otherwise if I see security hanging around the front of the store, I'll come back around 3.

We all ought to take shifts. Hang around the mall for an hour and call or text everyone when a line starts to form.

iPhone Directory:

Apple Store Related
Apple Store (FSM): 650-9550
FSM Security 784-7053

AT&T Stores
Durango/Warm Springs: 270-0077
Boca Park: 948-8770
Charleston/Hualapai: 948-8625
Sahara/Rainbow: 248-8153
Decatur/Sahara: 821-1480
Lake Mead/Buffalo: 227-4000

Nagooya
Jun 28, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'm so glad that they aren't letting anyone in tonight, that gets rid of a lot of worries iHad. iHope they have plenty of iPhone's (hopefully 1,000) for tomorrow! See you guys there, and good luck on getting iPhone's everyone!

ejrizo
Jun 28, 2007, 11:19 PM
I'm so glad that they aren't letting anyone in tonight, that gets rid of a lot of worries iHad. iHope they have plenty of iPhone's (hopefully 1,000) for tomorrow! See you guys there, and good luck on getting iPhone's everyone!

thanks, you too... good luck guys... im getting a lil nervous... i hope i can grab one ... people already lined up at alot of stores... luckily this is a mall location so people arent camping out.

ejrizo
Jun 28, 2007, 11:23 PM
hey quick questiong.. is the apple store on the lower or upper level in the mall?? the apple.com site says upper level by nordstroms... but www.thefashionshow.com site says lower level?

so what is it? . . if i remember correctly from the last time i was there it is on the second floor right? next to hot topic?

SirOmega
Jun 28, 2007, 11:57 PM
Lower level. Personally I park in the garage on the lower level if possible (otherwise the floor above it) and then walk into the mall and hang a right.

Anyone going to volunteer to post their status from inside the apple store when they get there in the morning?

Jamoke
Jun 29, 2007, 12:12 AM
Lower level. Personally I park in the garage on the lower level if possible (otherwise the floor above it) and then walk into the mall and hang a right.

Anyone going to volunteer to post their status from inside the apple store when they get there in the morning?

I'll Post - Soon as I get in - and Update my post if there are drastic changes.... I took tomorrow off - so I'll be the loser... (Or winner...;) )

In Fact - I'll Post Here: 9:32 = 100+ People at FSM

SirOmega
Jun 29, 2007, 10:24 AM
8AM line check - west side

Charleston/Hualapai: 5
Boca Park: 3
Flamingo/215: I dont think this store is selling iPhones - nothing in the windows and no one in line

Also, around 7:30AM, Fox 5 reported no lines at fashion show mall (they say they sent someone out there)

Finally, LV Apple store to get 40 cartons (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=3838339&postcount=292) of iPhones. The question is how many phones per carton - we think its a multiple of 10 based on a picture later in that thread. So at least 400 phones, if not 800. - Last followup I swear - looking at this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2B_yyeoAfE) (around 2:10), it looks like each carton has 10 phones, so the LV store should be getting 400 phones.

LVRyan02
Jun 29, 2007, 10:36 AM
I'm here at Fashion Show, the doors are open, and there are probably about 70 people in line inside (I'm really bad at counting, but I think that's pretty accurate).

They have us roped off with stanchions in sections of about 10 people each, and we've heard they're letting two people in at a time. My friends and I got here around 8:10 and we're about 50th in line.

SirOmega
Jun 29, 2007, 10:46 AM
Ryan, are they being strict with what you can have? I plan on bringing my camping chair and a backpack w/ water and snacks.

LVRyan02
Jun 29, 2007, 10:56 AM
The rent-a-cops here are being total 100% dicks. I cannot overstate that enough. They just informed us that everyone has to stand the entire 10 hours in order to "save space." And they just kicked out a guy for bringing in a camping chair.

SirOmega
Jun 29, 2007, 11:16 AM
Wow, dicks indeed. I cant stand for 9 hours, so I'll show up at noon or so, hopefully the line wont be too long then (that and everyone in line isnt likely to buy two so as long as its around 250 or so people I should be OK). They being jerks about leaving the line for the bathroom/drinks/etc?

LVRyan02
Jun 29, 2007, 11:22 AM
So. Dicky McRentaCop relented and let us sit. So we're all good.

If you want to get on the internet here, the Wifi is a bit spotty on my MBP, so you may want to bring your old cell phone for net access if you have one. I'm using my friend's Sidekick to post this. Let me know if anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer if I can get online.

LVRyan02
Jun 29, 2007, 11:27 AM
They being jerks about leaving the line for the bathroom/drinks/etc?

Actually, they seem to be cool with that. When we got here, they said that if you're here without friends, you can tell them you need to leave and they'll hold your place in line for five minutes.

EDIT: By the way, I'd say there are about 120 people here as of 9:30. Some people are here with multiple friends who aren't buying, but enough people are probably buying more than one that it'll balance out.

Jamoke
Jun 29, 2007, 11:35 AM
http://www.stickspics.com/gallery/3076314

9:30
Boca Park = 5
FSM = 105

SirOmega
Jun 29, 2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the updates Ryan, I appreciate it. I'm going to throw my camping chair in my car and if people have them when I get there I'll go and get it and use it.

Jamoke
Jun 29, 2007, 11:37 AM
So. Dicky McRentaCop relented and let us sit. So we're all good.

Where you at LVRYan02?
I'm in Back Corner by Island Pearls - The Internet was spotty until now - and I haven't had problems since.

Jamoke
Jun 29, 2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the updates Ryan, I appreciate it. I'm going to throw my camping chair in my car and if people have them when I get there I'll go and get it and use it.

They made us return a Cooler - some sort of obstruction... I doubt they would allow a chair of any sort.

SirOmega
Jun 29, 2007, 11:44 AM
Well a backpack only it is then. I'll leave at 10 and bring my macbook for wifi. I'll post when I get there.

LVRyan02
Jun 29, 2007, 11:46 AM
Where you at LVRYan02?
I'm in between the "NYS Collection" stand and the "Beauty Effect" stand in the fifth row of the stanchions next to a guy with a bright red shirt.

Edit: Channel 8 just arrived with a camera and a producer! Looks like they're shooting b-roll for the noon news. FOX5 just showed up also!

Edit to the edit: Apple employees just started handing out free bottles of Smart Water to everyone in line. They know how to treat people!

SirOmega
Jun 29, 2007, 12:42 PM
I'm in line now, between the escalators..

lvAnthony
Jun 29, 2007, 01:04 PM
I'm in line at Apple.... Seems like quite bit a people here although I'm sure it will get much crazier. I'm pretty far back in the line (the front of the third line) and asked if it was worth staying here still. And he said not worry about inventory. So, good luck everybody!

Jamoke
Jun 29, 2007, 01:37 PM
Rumor around me in line is that there are 91 boxes at UPS scheduled for delivery. at 10 Per Box (Unconfirmed by other stores - but seems to be the case per the recent pictures) That makes 910 for the line here. There are less than 200 people in line at 11:30. Rumor is that it's a 4:1 ration with there being more 8 GB. So that would put over 600 of the 900 as 8 GB units - which guarntees anyone in line - and the next 100 people to show up at least an 8 GB unit if everyone in line is buying two 8GB jesus phones each.

100 more - Bring it on! Come on down.

910 Units and only 200 people in line at 11:30

jbLV20
Jun 29, 2007, 03:28 PM
how does the fashion show line look now? would love to be there today, sounds exciting

Jamoke
Jun 29, 2007, 03:59 PM
2:00 now and just over 200. The line has thinned so it is hard to tell who's getting food, and who's in line - to get an actual total - but it's still under 250.

They are preparing to close the store now. 4 hours of darkness till release.

still plenty of spots in line - so if you're stuck at work - your odds are still pretty good at the FSM - don't know how the AT&T stores - but it's looking good..

LVRyan02
Jun 29, 2007, 04:13 PM
Big applause just went up as the Apple store closed. There was a dude on the fashion show runway when it happened and I think maybe he thought it was for him. Poor guy.

Anyway, they seem to be draping the window in black cloth now.

And I think I just heard that they're making people wait outside now. Not sure though. Don't feel like leaving line right now to check it out.

The hour is at hand!

SirOmega
Jun 29, 2007, 04:24 PM
Yea, there are three line segments at this point - the one in front of the store next to the runway (the six or seven guys by the store dont count since its only a few of them), the middle one between the escalators, and the third one going down the hall to the north of the escalators, which if it comes to it, will go outside if it gets long enough (which it will).

jbLV20
Jun 29, 2007, 04:31 PM
hey once you guys get in the apple store let us know whats going on, must be preparing something if there covering the windows

SirOmega
Jun 29, 2007, 04:37 PM
Ars has a report from Cincinnati - the gigantic iphone at the front turns into a countdown clock and every sign says "iPhone" instead of what it used to say...

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/06/29/ars-in-line-for-the-iphone-in-cincinnati

Time to shut the laptop down to save power for the next three and a half hours.

Jamoke
Jun 29, 2007, 05:21 PM
http://stickspics.smugmug.com/photos/167887531-M.jpg

Black out

(Rights granted to MacRumors for all pictures at: http://stickspics.smugmug.com/gallery/3076314/1/167888751#167887531)

daddimac
Jun 29, 2007, 06:01 PM
Only about 30 people in line @ AT&T Boca Park (Charleston & Rampart) right now.

SirOmega
Jun 29, 2007, 06:06 PM
(Rights granted to MacRumors for all pictures at: http://stickspics.smugmug.com/gallery/3076314/1/167888751#167887531)

Hey thats me in picture 13!

LVRyan02
Jun 29, 2007, 06:30 PM
Awesome! Apple just offered everyone in the first line a free coffee or tea. Hopefully they make their way down to the other lines too.

They're handing out business cards with red dots on them. Not quite sure how that works, but we'll see...

Extescalade22
Jun 29, 2007, 06:33 PM
MacRumors members, I am at an ATT store located in Las Vegas. I know that the Fashion Show is packed, but I can make sure that you are in line to get an 8GB iPhone. I already have an offer for $200, so if someone would like to be first in line, and does not want to waste time in line, or wants to make sure that they get the exact phone that they want, please call 702-538-1798. I will be able to give you directions, and I will surrender my spot in line upon payment.

SirOmega
Jun 29, 2007, 06:34 PM
Yea they came and gave us an offer for free tea too.

BlueArctos
Jun 29, 2007, 07:12 PM
I drove by the AT&T Wireless stores on Charleston to get some MacRumors shots for those of you who plan to exploit the lines after you get off work at 5.

The following pictures were taken at the Boca Park location at 4:30 PM
920 S RAMPART BLVD
LAS VEGAS, NV 89145

The following were taken at the Home Depot/Smith's location at 4:25 PM
9795 W CHARLESTON BOULEVARD
LAS VEGAS, NV 89117

These and additional images can be found on Flickr here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluearctos/sets/72157600557513179/) (higher resolutions available there). Free for any use if you credit me. Apologies for the huge load times.

JohnnyAndre
Jun 30, 2007, 01:51 AM
I was in the front 13 people line at fashion show :) Great experience.

LVdustin
Jul 1, 2007, 12:13 AM
I was at the Fashion Show Mall, and if any of you were in the top like 30, then most of you probably remember me. I was like number 2 in the line that was right in front of the fashion show stage!

Haha Love all you guys that clapped for that one model and no one else. Good times.

Congrats to all of you that got one!

Fuzzy Orange
Jul 1, 2007, 12:43 PM
Ugh... I live in Las Vegas.
And I hate going to the Apple Store, no matter how much I love the store itself. And I didn't manage to get an iPhone on Friday (flying in from Hawaii at 10:30 at night), and yesterday, the Apple Store had just sold out of all of their stock. And they didn't get any in today, so hopefully tomorrow I will get one...

ejrizo
Jul 1, 2007, 09:20 PM
so i was in line on the corridor that went to the shipping yard ... not outside... but almost... i got an 8gb and it was awsome... when i touched it i fell in love....

i was wearing a dodger cap and a "Its Game Time" shirt.... anyway... i went from Los Angeles to Vegas for my birthday... made it to the store at about 3pm and walked away HAPPY HAPPY!

im finally home and my phone is currently syncing... i couldnt use my phone at all until now... lol

GREAT DAY FOR ME!

by the way i went back the following morning at about 10:15 (June 30) to return a case that i bought for it... because someone had already bought me one... and they had 8GB models still... i think they had gotten an additional shipment or didnt sell out that night

Nagooya
Jul 2, 2007, 02:43 AM
so i was in line on the corridor that went to the shipping yard ... not outside... but almost... i got an 8gb and it was awsome... when i touched it i fell in love....

i was wearing a dodger cap and a "Its Game Time" shirt.... anyway... i went from Los Angeles to Vegas for my birthday... made it to the store at about 3pm and walked away HAPPY HAPPY!

im finally home and my phone is currently syncing... i couldnt use my phone at all until now... lol

GREAT DAY FOR ME!

by the way i went back the following morning at about 10:15 (June 30) to return a case that i bought for it... because someone had already bought me one... and they had 8GB models still... i think they had gotten an additional shipment or didnt sell out that night

I don't remember seeing you, but i was back in the shipping area with my two brother's, we kept walking out, and back in. Crazy!

Fuzzy Orange
Jul 2, 2007, 12:14 PM
Hey... Is the Fashion Show having an iPhone drought? There hasn't been a new shipment for two days now.

Fuzzy Orange
Jul 3, 2007, 12:18 PM
Once again, no iPhones for Las Vegas... They just got them Friday and Saturday... the two days I couldn't buy one...:(

NevadaJack
Jul 6, 2007, 05:37 PM
Once again, no iPhones for Las Vegas... They just got them Friday and Saturday... the two days I couldn't buy one...:(

Got mine today at 10:00AM from China via FedEx and Apple online. Apple nailed this package!

http://www.nevadajack.us/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3427_1024_crop.jpg

http://www.nevadajack.us/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3438_1024_crop.jpg