PDA

View Full Version : Ibook heating Issues

Mindcrime13
Jun 25, 2007, 12:29 AM
hello,
i have a G3 800mhz laptop, and i just noticed its getting hot on the left side of the trackpad(hard drive are i belive) and in the bottom of that area, on the right side is cool, is this normal? what is causing this?

and also how do in know if the fan is on?cuz this computer is ultra quiet!

thanks

sfisher
Jun 25, 2007, 12:34 AM
hello,
i have a G3 800mhz laptop, and i just noticed its getting hot on the left side of the trackpad(hard drive are i belive) and in the bottom of that area, on the right side is cool, is this normal? what is causing this?

thanks

I have an iBook G4 1.2GHz, but it's probably pretty similar to yours. It is normal for the left side of the touch pad to get hot when you're using the hard drive a lot (yes, that's where the hard drive is).

Again, if it's like mine, you can tell when the fan is on - but it very rarely comes on for me. It appears to blow out the middle of the back of the laptop.

Mindcrime13
Jun 25, 2007, 12:43 AM
well my ibook is 14 also, so they are quite similar, so i should not be worry about this? thanks for your fast answer!:D

Sopranino
Jun 25, 2007, 02:13 AM
hello,

thanks

Are the heating problems new to the computer? I am assuming here that you have had the computer for quite some time.... If the heating up is a recent development are you doing anything different than what you used to do? (did you try to run a game that you hadn't run before for instance)

Sopranino

Mindcrime13
Jun 25, 2007, 02:03 PM
the temperature monitor reads, SMART:98.6˚F , and i started the ibbok just a few minutes ago

i've been using a app to scan for wireless network, but besides that, nothing new, and i did use the laptop in my bed & floor, but i don't see how can that cause any problem :(

Mindcrime13
Jun 25, 2007, 02:31 PM
i can get the smart wich i think is the hard drive, but i can't get the cpu temp, neither in temp monitor, istat or a widget called CPU HEAT :(

its fluxtuating between 98.6-102.2 and im doing nothing wit the ibook!!!

if im not getting a cpu temp, could that be that the sensor got damaged somehow? and if the sensor is damaged, is the fan still coming on? cuz honestly this computer is ultra quite and im not sure if the fan is on or off.

Mindcrime13
Jun 25, 2007, 03:46 PM
anyone??