PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Reno, NV

CADer
Jun 25, 2007, 10:34 AM
Looking to camp in Reno - I am also willing to sell a spot as my wife will join me for a few days - that is if they let us line up?

Do we have any other IPhone enthusiasts in RENO?

TMay
Jun 25, 2007, 11:27 AM
I doubt she will wait in line all that long. Afternoon temperatures have been modest so far, but a long wait would be harsh, even with the normal afternoon breeze. I still would imagine a good crowd.

I like the iPhone, at least as a concept, but so far, I've been able to avoid the need for a cell phone at all.

tom

crystalmac
Jun 25, 2007, 01:28 PM
oh boy, I am a tad excited, and yes, I am waiting in line... hopefully they will have enough, I really don't feel like doing it overnight.

TMay
Jun 25, 2007, 01:51 PM
Pretty sure that I could make some time for deliveries of food, drink, etc, day or night, expedition style.

I would hope that someone will bring a generator and television so that you can watch videos all night. I recommend Quentin Tarantino and DeNiro films, but that's just me.

Best solution would be to "poach" off of the Reno store airport extreme, but, I suspect that they would frown on that.

tom

CADer
Jun 25, 2007, 03:33 PM
Yeah I have a friend that works in the Apple store (in california) and he/she said they would have a tv out but I think that was before the Iphone displays came!

I am actually in limbo right now I am not sure if I will get the Iphone, want it but just don't think I can afford it - with the cancellation of my existing cell provider and the Iphone price and accessories - yikes!

If I do wait in line or camp I will bring the camp stove and hamburgers.

npearson99
Jun 25, 2007, 04:14 PM
Did you guys read that apple might not let people camp? When are you guys planning on going there?

I'm going to be there with at least one friend. Wii would be sweet through the window too.

CADer
Jun 25, 2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah - you know As far as when to start lining up all depends on who the first person lines up is!!

I think I have it figured out:
Whoever lines up first will start the line - Most of us do not want to camp over night an such if it is not necessary but once we see someone in line we will also line up and so when that first person lines up then all will follow.

Does this make any sense?

npearson99
Jun 25, 2007, 05:18 PM
yup.

I'm going to drive over there a few times thursday. If there are people lining up already then im going home to get my stuff.

BTW, do you guys know if any other stores in reno will sell them? I can't get a definite answer anywhere.

CADer
Jun 25, 2007, 06:20 PM
I herd that only corporate AT&T stores would have them and I searched for Cingulat/AT&T (apple provided the search link) stores in Reno-Carson area and only came up with 5 stores but I am not sure which would sell them? (at least the apple store will have good security incase I go crazy on everyone- haha)

npearson99
Jun 25, 2007, 08:38 PM
People already waiting in NY. I'm going to the new mall tonight, i better not see any of you there :).

http://vicariousmusic.com/2007/06/25/iphone/

CADer
Jun 25, 2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah no way am I going this early I would lose more money that the I phone is worth, I would just rather wait 4 days till the next shipment comes in if that be the case!

npearson99
Jun 27, 2007, 12:38 PM
No one camping out yet? I hope not.

I'm going to get there Thursday after work or early Friday. Does anyone have anything put a ps3 to pass the time?

CADer
Jun 27, 2007, 04:16 PM
I am out! No- not out camping right now!

I decided to wait till my Sprint contract ends, cause with the price of the IPhone I can't afford 2 services or to cancel one and pay for the IPhone!

let's see:
IPHONE - $599 + @ $40 for tax = $639
Activation fee - $35
Sprint Cancellation - $150
Protective case -$20-30

Total = @ $844

I just bought the new MacBook Pro so I think I must wait on the Iphone!

craigverse
Jun 27, 2007, 04:39 PM
I so want to wait... I have to go to a wedding the next day though, early, I'm staying near San Francisco that night. :(

aph3x
Jun 28, 2007, 11:38 PM
You know - considering the fact that almost all the AT&T stores in Reno as well as the Apple store at the Summit will be carrying the phone I wouldn't be to worried.

I am in Palo Alto right now about to travel back to Reno tomorrow. San Franciscos apple store already had people at it, the one on University here in Palo Alto should be busy too.

crystalmac
Jun 29, 2007, 01:09 PM
Hey, just thought I would post that there are a bunch of us here at 8 a.m. #1 got here at 4:50, #2 at 5:30, #3 and a bunch of others at 8. Right now, at about 11 a.m., there is like 25 people or so. The mall has put line runners outside the store and down the strip mall in front of several. I doubt what they ahve allocated will be enough in the end. Apple brought out some water earlier and we are just hanging out waiting...

aph3x
Jun 29, 2007, 10:58 PM
Walked into the Summit Sierra Mall @ 8PM and they had many, many units left. Picked up an 8GB!