PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Salt Lake City, UT

The Viking
Jun 25, 2007, 10:50 AM
Anyone from SLC? Will you be at AT&T or Apple?

Personally, I'll be heading up to the Apple Store, since I don't trust the kooks at the AT&T store I've dealt with.

I'll be up there at least a couple hours before launch.

mduser63
Jun 25, 2007, 01:57 PM
With all the other local iPhone buyer threads, I thought I'd start one for Salt Lake. Who is going to be lining up to buy the iPhone on Saturday, and where? I'm pretty well set to try to buy one, and may see if I can get off work early. Haven't decided to go to the Gateway Apple Store or an AT&T store (there's one at the Gateway, and another one downtown too), yet.

Anyway, any other Salt Lake people going to be around for the iPhone launch?

The Viking
Jun 25, 2007, 05:22 PM
I'll be at the Apple Store at The Gateway. Hopefully a couple hours ahead of time is early enough!

mduser63
Jun 25, 2007, 06:41 PM
I think I can probably only get off work an hour early or so, so a long wait in line is probably not going to happen for me, but we'll see how things go anyway. The Gateway is probably the place to go with both Apple and AT&T stores there.

The Viking
Jun 25, 2007, 08:47 PM
I hope that by the lack of activity here, it means I'm getting an iPhone! There were hundreds of people lined up for the opening, so that worries me a bit.

mduser63
Jun 26, 2007, 12:56 AM
I hope that by the lack of activity here, it means I'm getting an iPhone! There were hundreds of people lined up for the opening, so that worries me a bit.

Yeah I never really think/thought of Salt Lake as having many Apple fans but there sure were plenty at the Apple Store opening so I have to figure there will be iPhone lines as well. I know there are several other members on here in Salt Lake. I think maybe things are moving so fast in the iPhone forum that threads are dropping of the first page really fast.

SirROM
Jun 26, 2007, 03:04 PM
I'll be heading over to the Gateway after lunch as I have the day off already. I plan to bring a camp chair and a good paperback book to hold me over in case there isn't anyone else in line to talk to <grin>:rolleyes:

Anyway, if you see me, come say hi and maybe we can even pass the time (as well as spell each other for potty breaks and food runs).

See ya Friday!

mduser63
Jun 26, 2007, 06:57 PM
I'm trying to work out getting off work a little early, but I don't yet know if they're going to let me. I might try to send somebody to hold a spot for me earlier in the day. It looks like there are 5 relatively close AT&T Stores that will have the iPhone, so there are a couple more chances if I get to the Apple Store and the line looks too long.

mistabaka
Jun 26, 2007, 07:06 PM
I'll Be At the Gateway Apple Store around 1:30 or so (took half a day) Hopefully thats early enough if not i'll check the ATT store there or the one near my house. Hope to see some of you there!

tuter00
Jun 27, 2007, 12:57 AM
I'm going to head to a cingular owned store. I figure there will be more people that will head to the apple store sense it is branded by them. All i want to do is walk in and out of the cingular store with one in hand. And I figure less people will be there also.

We'll have to see.

-BRANDT

speedballs
Jun 27, 2007, 02:51 PM
I plan to be at one store or another for this thing. Though I'll probably wait for v2 to buy one. I like the 3g support in the SLC area.
I'm not sure if I should go out to the apple store and wait, or head to an ATT store and lose out on all the fun and hype...
Probably end up going to the apple store. It's just so pretty!

mauldus
Jun 27, 2007, 06:36 PM
I think I'll try the Apple Store around lunch time and see how the numbers look. I'd rather have the experience there than at an ATT store. See you all there.

slffl
Jun 28, 2007, 08:36 AM
Has anyone asked the Apple store how many they plan on having in stock?

Sprockets
Jun 28, 2007, 09:12 PM
I'm trying to work out getting off work a little early, but I don't yet know if they're going to let me. I might try to send somebody to hold a spot for me earlier in the day. It looks like there are 5 relatively close AT&T Stores that will have the iPhone, so there are a couple more chances if I get to the Apple Store and the line looks too long.

It was my understanding that only two AT&T stores along the Wasatch Front would have iPhones, the Gateway store, and one in Layton. I assumed the one on Main Street in SLC would have it too, but haven't confirmed. What other store locations do you know of that'll have it?

I've got to decide my plan tonight! If I pull the trigger, I'll probably hit the Apple Store, and try to get there around 4pm (at least the line should be in the shade!). If that looks too gnarly, I'll go for an AT&T store. I agree with others that the Apple Store would probably be the place to be, as far as "the experience" goes.

I really wonder how crazy it'll be? You never know!

*First post on MR!

mduser63
Jun 28, 2007, 09:25 PM
It was my understanding that only two AT&T stores along the Wasatch Front would have iPhones, the Gateway store, and one in Layton. I assumed the one on Main Street in SLC would have it too, but haven't confirmed. What other store locations do you know of that'll have it?

I was going by the results given by AT&T's locator for stores selling iPhone: http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/results.jsp?_requestid=280647.

gusapple
Jun 28, 2007, 11:18 PM
I am not personally buying an iPhone tomorrow, but I still think that it is cool that there are other people that are exited about it. I hope to buy one next year after MacWorld. If I was buying an iPhone, then the Apple Store would be my first choice. Apple rules! :apple: :apple:

mduser63
Jun 28, 2007, 11:55 PM
I am not personally buying an iPhone tomorrow, but I still think that it is cool that there are other people that are exited about it. I hope to buy one next year after MacWorld. If I was buying an iPhone, then the Apple Store would be my first choice. Apple rules! :apple: :apple:

You should still drop by and check out the demo units and chat with the people in line if you want to. I'm going to go check things out at lunch, then go from there as far as my plans go. I'm starting to get the feeling that there will be plenty to go around, especially at the Apple Store. Afterall, while there were lots of people at the grand opening, that was free, this is $600 with a 2 yr contract.

tuter00
Jun 29, 2007, 12:56 AM
You should still drop by and check out the demo units and chat with the people in line if you want to. I'm going to go check things out at lunch, then go from there as far as my plans go. I'm starting to get the feeling that there will be plenty to go around, especially at the Apple Store. Afterall, while there were lots of people at the grand opening, that was free, this is $600 with a 2 yr contract.

YET ITS BEEN ADVERTISED FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS! PEOPLE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CONTRACT JUST THAT ITS ONE OF THE HOTTEST PRODUCTS TO COME OUT IN A VERY LONG TIME!

;)

mauldus
Jun 29, 2007, 01:28 AM
Oh man! My sympathies to the guys that showed up at the Gateway tonight and got booted. That sucks. Did y'all come back right after the mall closed or will you show up at 6am when the mall opens again?

Good luck. See everyone there.

Sprockets
Jun 29, 2007, 02:01 AM
I was going by the results given by AT&T's locator for stores selling iPhone: http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/results.jsp?_requestid=280647.

Thank you for the quote. I'm sure the AT&T guy I talked to was... how's a nice way to put it?

I'm definitely going Apple Store, then AT&T if necessary*. I can't imagine EVERY AT&T store running out. Also, I would have bet money that the new huge Cingular/ATT store here in Bountiful/WX was corporate, but no, it's Spring Communications. Weird!

*If I do pull the trigger! Not much time to decide! I want to upgrade my RAZR to either a new RAZR or a Sony Ericsson or something, AND get an iPhone! It sounds like that is possible.

Sprockets
Jun 29, 2007, 02:03 AM
Oh man! My sympathies to the guys that showed up at the Gateway tonight and got booted...

Harsh! Was that on the news or something?

On that note, I was in the Apple Store about 2 weeks ago and Chris Vanocur from the news was in there getting a new MBP. Funny.

mauldus
Jun 29, 2007, 03:03 AM
Harsh! Was that on the news or something?

No, I was there tonight checking out the line. The Apple employees filled me in.

gusapple
Jun 29, 2007, 09:22 AM

Hey, thanks, but I have decided to get an iphone, problem is that I can't take time off of work, I just started yesterday. If anybody can help, please reply to this post. I have been saving up for Leopard, but because I got this job, I'm now able to save up for that and get the iPhone. Please! if anybody can help, please. Thank you soooooooo much! You guys know how it is, when you're an Apple fan, you can't miss something this big. :apple: :apple:

slffl
Jun 29, 2007, 09:28 AM

If you go by at lunch could you let us know how many people are in line? I'm trying not to take off work, but if there are 50+ people at lunch time, I may need too.

Thanks.

mistabaka
Jun 29, 2007, 10:20 AM
I'm taking half a day at work and should be at the apple store (Gateway) at 1:30 or so. I hope thats early enough, if anyone is there or happens to walk buy please post how many people are in line! Also if anyone there has an extra macbook battery (to loan out) that would be awesome since i forgot to charge mine last night.

slffl
Jun 29, 2007, 10:28 AM
I'm taking half a day at work and should be at the apple store (Gateway) at 1:30 or so. I hope thats early enough, if anyone is there or happens to walk buy please post how many people are in line! Also if anyone there has an extra macbook battery (to loan out) that would be awesome since i forgot to charge mine last night.

If you have internet there, could you post how many are in line when you get there?

mistabaka
Jun 29, 2007, 10:38 AM
As long as my battery lasts i'll post line length pirodicaly :) When Is everyone expecting to get there (assuming you're planning on lining up)?

The Viking
Jun 29, 2007, 11:03 AM
There are around 50 people in line now. It's 10:00 AM. Do you know where your iPhone is?

mistabaka
Jun 29, 2007, 11:11 AM
Has anyone been able to get any info on how many the apple store has?

slffl
Jun 29, 2007, 11:39 AM
There are around 50 people in line now. It's 10:00 AM. Do you know where your iPhone is?

ah crap. It's not looking good. I'm thinking they will have 500 phones, and only 60% of those will be 8GB.

What makes me mad is that most of these will probably be going on eBay.

mistabaka
Jun 29, 2007, 11:45 AM
500 phones would be awesome! Although my feeling is thats a bit hopefull. I have heard that Apple is stocking more 8GB then 4GB "Sorry were all out of the 4GB model but for only $100 more you can get the 8GB model!" LOL I'm guessing (and its just that a guess) 200-300 phones. :P (Hopes he doesn't regret not calling in sick today)

slffl
Jun 29, 2007, 12:03 PM
500 phones would be awesome! Although my feeling is thats a bit hopefull. I have heard that Apple is stocking more 8GB then 4GB "Sorry were all out of the 4GB model but for only $100 more you can get the 8GB model!" LOL I'm guessing (and its just that a guess) 200-300 phones. :P (Hopes he doesn't regret not calling in sick today)

Ya 500 is probably high. I heard the Las Vegas store is only getting 400. I think it's opposite with the sizes though. More like "Sorry we're all out of 8GB, but we still have plenty of 4GB model", much like what happened with the game consoles.

mistabaka
Jun 29, 2007, 12:21 PM
Well assuming the LV store is getting 400 i'm not sure what that means for us. Our store it Technicaly larger in size, but there are a lot fewer people in the valley so who knows i'm hopin for at least 250 (at least!) in which case i think i'll be OK getting there at 1:30. When is everyone planning on ariving (if you're not already there, cause if you are you'd better update us on the line size or else! ;) )

:apple:

slffl
Jun 29, 2007, 12:48 PM
Looks like everyone else here is already in line :) .

I wasn't planning on being there until 4, but I think that will be too late. If you get a chance Mistabaka, please update us with the line numbers when you get there.

mduser63
Jun 29, 2007, 02:09 PM
I was just down there (left at 12:45) and I'd say there are around 120 people in line. No one knows how many phones they have/will have, but some people were saying 500-1000. I'm trying to get a family member to go grab me a place in line, but it's not working out too well. I didn't walk to the AT&T store, but I couldn't see an obvious line while driving under it.

gusapple
Jun 29, 2007, 03:23 PM
I am so scared! How many people are there?:apple: :apple:

The Viking
Jun 29, 2007, 03:40 PM
Looks like about 150 people here at 2:35 PM. I wouldn't hold out much hope for more than the next 25-50 people.

gusapple
Jun 29, 2007, 03:52 PM
Looks like about 150 people here at 2:35 PM. I wouldn't hold out much hope for more than the next 25-50 people.

Dang! I was so exited, but I bet they will have some sort of pre-order or some sort of raincheck program.:apple: :apple:

Stenar
Jun 29, 2007, 04:15 PM

My boyfriend just got there at 3pm and said there are less than 100 people in line.

thorsted
Jun 29, 2007, 04:58 PM
I drove by the AT&T Store in Lehi by the BEst buy and saw plenty of people in line receiving ice cream from a store employee. Only 30 or so people in line.

-thor

mduser63
Jun 29, 2007, 08:59 PM
Well I'm home :-D. Still haven't opened it because I had to eat dinner (was starving!), and I need to work some things out with my family regarding my current plan before activating. Anyway, who else was there? gusapple, did you get one?

slffl
Jun 29, 2007, 10:18 PM
Well I'm home :-D. Still haven't opened it because I had to eat dinner (was starving!), and I need to work some things out with my family regarding my current plan before activating. Anyway, who else was there? gusapple, did you get one?

I got one and didn't get there until 5:45pm. They had a ton. I played with a demo unit and it was amazing!

mduser63
Jun 30, 2007, 12:22 AM
Posting this from my iPhone. I think the keyboard will take a little getting used to but like they said, if you just trust it, it's not bad at all. The thing zips along on WiFi and while EDGE is slow it's not absolutely terrible or anything. So far I'm incredibly impressed!

Sprockets
Jun 30, 2007, 02:11 AM
I got one and didn't get there until 5:45pm. They had a ton. I played with a demo unit and it was amazing!

I went by at about 7pm and they STILL had plenty. I was actually shocked. I guess the line was really long, though.

My wife went and got me one at the AT&T store on Main. She drove through the Gateway around 530pm and said both lines there were pretty long. The Main Street store was pretty short, so she got in it for me. I was stuck at work! My ATT one came in a dumb ATT bag. The Apple Store ones came in a cool Apple bag! Oh well!

Working on setting it up now! Hope everyone's enjoying theirs! Anyone get any accessories or anything?

mauldus
Jun 30, 2007, 02:33 AM
Got my two. Went to my bosses house to drop his off. Ended up getting fed dinner and helping him set his up! Was a fun time. I don't know if you noticed Brandon but my buddy that came to hang out with us saw the iPhone the Apple rep walked out of the store with and demo'd to us and decided right then he was getting one! LOL We figured it wasn't a big deal since he'd been there since lunch and they said they had plenty for all. Thanks to everyone we got to hang out with. It was a blast!

PS. This thing ROCKS!!!
-Cole

princealfie
Jul 2, 2007, 12:12 PM
I waited Saturday morning before I got mine. Easy to get 4 GB although 8 GB was out of stock this weekend.

The Viking
Jul 4, 2007, 02:04 AM
Got my two. Went to my bosses house to drop his off. Ended up getting fed dinner and helping him set his up! Was a fun time. I don't know if you noticed Brandon but my buddy that came to hang out with us saw the iPhone the Apple rep walked out of the store with and demo'd to us and decided right then he was getting one! LOL We figured it wasn't a big deal since he'd been there since lunch and they said they had plenty for all. Thanks to everyone we got to hang out with. It was a blast!

PS. This thing ROCKS!!!
-Cole

Sweet. Trock is an awesome guy and all, but it was impossible for me to take my eyes off his iPhone. That thing sells itself!

I wound up giving up both iPhones (my boss offered me a deal I couldn't refuse), so I'm going back in tomorrow to get my own.