PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Phoenix, AZ

carrebear56
Jun 25, 2007, 12:02 PM
Whose buying iphones in phoenix? are you going to the chandler mall or biltmore apple store? Or are you going to an at&t store and which one?

kdbdallas
Jun 25, 2007, 12:39 PM
I am in the Phoenix area and will be buying one.
I will be going to an AT&T store in Mesa.
Going bright and early to line up, and hopefully will be the only one (or one of the only ones) in line :)

Anyone want to meet me in line to chit chat?
Let me know

gruler
Jun 25, 2007, 01:13 PM
Whose buying iphones in phoenix? are you going to the chandler mall or biltmore apple store? Or are you going to an at&t store and which one?

I am going to check out the situation at the Biltmore store that morning.
As of Saturday the security there didn't even know what they were doing yet.
Not sure if I will stand in line or not. I guess I will have to see how crazy it looks.

vespagirl
Jun 25, 2007, 01:52 PM
I'm going to an AT&T store in Phoenix. I'm not sure what time though because I can't get a handle on what the worst case scenario is going to be. I've contacted every possible outlet to try and get a prediction on the mayhem and it changes day to day. It's not the crowds or lines I'm worried about, I can deal with that. It's the issue of how many units and if they sell out within 15 minutes.

Jayrod
Jun 25, 2007, 01:57 PM
I am in the Phoenix area and will be buying one.
I will be going to an AT&T store in Mesa.
Going bright and early to line up, and hopefully will be the only one (or one of the only ones) in line :)

Anyone want to meet me in line to chit chat?
Let me know

I'm going to an AT&T store in Mesa too. I'm going to the one on Stapley and Baseline by the movie theatre. Which one are you going to be at?

dazole
Jun 25, 2007, 05:16 PM
I already let work know that I'll be leaving early. I'm not sure if I'll be going the Biltmore or ATT store route, though.

Part of the decision will be: Whats going on at each store? I heard rumors on the internets that Apple likes to have a big to-do when they roll out a new product like this. Prizes, etc. Is that accurate? If so, it might behoove me to go the the Biltmore Apple store. Otherwise, the ATT store in Glendale is closer.

Probably get there around 3pm-ish.....or so.
David

skillquest
Jun 25, 2007, 05:57 PM
I am planning on going early Friday morning to line up. I am crazy enough to camp out overnight but heard that security may be stopping early lines.
I figured that the Biltmore store was the nicest to line up at because although it is outside, it is covered and should shield me from the 4000 degree heat of the Phoenix summer :). The closest ATT store for me is in a small strip mall on Scottsdale Road and I believe it would be in the direct sun of the late afternoon.
I wonder if they are going to limit the number of phones purchased and if Apple will be prepared to move numbers from other networks or that would require me to go to the ATT store?

Shawn

SuperGreg
Jun 25, 2007, 06:30 PM
Since I live in Chandler, and CFC is <10min. away, I'm going there. That store is much bigger/nicer than the Biltmore store. I will probably show up around 4:30 or so on Friday. If there is a HUGE line, I'll take a picture of it to share, and come back another day. If the line is manageable, I will wait in line :) .

Stngray
Jun 25, 2007, 06:50 PM
I live in Chandler also. Going to the Apple store at CFC. If it is too ridiculous, there is an ATT corporate store just down the street.

SuperGreg
Jun 25, 2007, 07:04 PM
I live in Chandler also. Going to the Apple store at CFC. If it is too ridiculous, there is an ATT corporate store just down the street.

Where is that store??

Stngray
Jun 25, 2007, 07:10 PM
Where is that store??

2780 W CHANDLER BLVD, east of the 101 on the north side of the road. Its the strip mall that the big petstore is in. Can't remember if it is Petsmart or Petco.

csubear
Jun 25, 2007, 07:11 PM
I am planning on going early Friday morning to line up. I am crazy enough to camp out overnight but heard that security may be stopping early lines.
I figured that the Biltmore store was the nicest to line up at because although it is outside, it is covered and should shield me from the 4000 degree heat of the Phoenix summer :). The closest ATT store for me is in a small strip mall on Scottsdale Road and I believe it would be in the direct sun of the late afternoon.
I wonder if they are going to limit the number of phones purchased and if Apple will be prepared to move numbers from other networks or that would require me to go to the ATT store?

Shawn

There is, or at least was, a cingular store in the arizona center next to cold stone.

messiah
Jun 25, 2007, 08:12 PM
I am try to go to multiple stores the first I get to that has the phone is where I'll be...

SteveM8
Jun 25, 2007, 08:33 PM
I live 5 min from the biltmore store and am buying two. One for me and one for my wife. Ill head over Thursday night and see the line situation. If there is a line by then, I may wait as I camped out for the PS3, XBOX 360 and even the PS2. I can do an overnighter, but no way I would wait 4 days like those NY guys. Anyone know pricing plans yet???

SuperGreg
Jun 25, 2007, 09:44 PM
2780 W CHANDLER BLVD, east of the 101 on the north side of the road. Its the strip mall that the big petstore is in. Can't remember if it is Petsmart or Petco.

Thank you!!!

mr_matalino
Jun 25, 2007, 10:46 PM
Does anyone know if they have put a limit on how many iPhones can be bought at one time? I'm assuming only one per person??

kdbdallas
Jun 25, 2007, 10:50 PM
Does anyone know if they have put a limit on how many iPhones can be bought at one time? I'm assuming only one per person??

There are reports that they will limit but no word on how many.
You want to buy more then one? eBay?

Yamisky0
Jun 26, 2007, 12:14 AM
My heart is with you guys. I would give my first born to be with you(I am 15, no first born yet). My mom said no iPhone due to my mid-contract with Verizon. I may ask my mom if we can swing down to the Biltmore store after work on Friday, and visit you guys. I want to show her an iPhone in person. I will probably be holding out til Rev 2 next year. :) Adios muchachos. I will post more details as soon as I can.

Maui
Jun 27, 2007, 12:42 PM
Y'all be sure to post about voice quality on calls once you get your phones. The Phoenix Cingular/AT&T cell network hasn't exactly been a high point.

buzzert
Jun 27, 2007, 05:05 PM
Hey guys! I'll be lining up early Friday morning at the Biltmore Fashion center. Hope to see you all there.

How many people are going to camp out overnight? Is there an outlet nearby to plug in laptops? Hmm, better scout the location soon.

There's some nice shade in front of the apple store, so at least we won't be in direct sunlight. Also, my brother and I will each be buying one.

I'm very excited! Two days!

Zanneth
Jun 27, 2007, 05:05 PM
My twin and I will be going to the Biltmore Fashion Center Friday morning. Hope to see you all there!

carrebear56
Jun 27, 2007, 06:22 PM
i called biltmore and chandler fashion mall and they both said they are NOT allowing people to camp out over night. At the chandler mall, they even said they were not allowing people to stand in line until 4pm because they do not want to block the entrance to the near by stores. So...I guess we have to wait until friday morning???

SteveM8
Jun 28, 2007, 12:59 PM
From what I have heard, each Phx store (biltmore and chandler) will be getting 1000 phones each. Shouldn't be a problem to get one, but there WILL be a huge line and you just wont be able to walk in at 6 pm. 50 people at a time until midnight. Ill be getting in line at noon if there is a huge line, if not, Ill return a but later as Im 5 min away. Also, they may sell out of 4GB as they will have fewer 4GB than 8GB.

tyranna
Jun 28, 2007, 01:41 PM
EDIT:

whoa.. my bad.
yes, i AM an uber dork. :P

i don't know how, but i seem to have gained a day somewhere. :D

original post: hey! it's eleven thirty in the zone folks!
did anybody score that iPhone yet..?

i'm in the phoenix area but not planning on getting the iPhone just yet... i can't help but wonder just how insane the biltmore store was this warm morning. :D

SteveM8
Jun 28, 2007, 08:33 PM
anyone waiting tonight at the biltmore?

carrebear56
Jun 28, 2007, 09:39 PM
anyone waiting tonight at the biltmore?

biltmore isnt allowing camping out over night. both the apple store and security told me that

buzzert
Jun 28, 2007, 11:20 PM
Anyone showing up REALLY early?

enthawizeguy
Jun 29, 2007, 12:59 AM
I get out of my class in gilbert by the stapley att at 7 usually but am going to the morning class and get out at 2pm. Would anyone hold a spot in line for me for a few bucks. I don't think ill last the weekend without an iphone haha.

EvilDoc
Jun 29, 2007, 02:03 AM
For those of you picking them up tomorrow can you comment on call quality after you have it for a couple days?

buzzert
Jun 29, 2007, 08:58 AM
For those of you picking them up tomorrow can you comment on call quality after you have it for a couple days?

I'm sure you'll read all about that soon, either by tonight or tomorrow.

If not, I'll report with the news!

buzzert
Jun 29, 2007, 11:14 AM
Anybody in line RIGHT NOW? I can stop by and say hello. :P

SteveM8
Jun 29, 2007, 12:30 PM
UPS just brought 30 boxes of Iphones into the apple store. Not sure how many they pack in each box but my guess is 20 which would mean they have 600 phones. Im #53 in line and there are probably 65-70 in line now. By 6 its going to be crazy. Probably all the way down to the cheesecake factory!

SteveM8
Jun 29, 2007, 12:31 PM
Biltmore store...

attsuper
Jun 29, 2007, 01:25 PM
The superstition springs mall location located off the us 60 at power in the mall which means no heat but a/c. There are only 3 people in line at this time so come get in line. Free bottle water and fans. :)

dazole
Jun 29, 2007, 01:30 PM
I'm getting ready to hit the ATT store in glendale. I called at about 11 and they said that the line was already forming. I was hoping it wouldnt happen until 1-2pm, but, oh well. I have a book to read while I wait.

David

SteveM8
Jun 29, 2007, 02:37 PM
Biltmore, about 100 people so far

carrebear56
Jun 29, 2007, 02:48 PM
chandler mall- roughly 100 ppl

dazole
Jun 29, 2007, 02:49 PM
Well, no line here. Well, me and 1 other lady holding a spot for her hubby.

Interesting thing, though. A fed-ex truck was dropping off a delivery when i walked in the store.

David

SteveM8
Jun 29, 2007, 03:30 PM
Approx 200 people in line at the biltmore now...BUT Fed Ex delivered more phones - 2 hug pallets full of them.

gruler
Jun 29, 2007, 04:36 PM
I am thinking of heading to the Biltmore around 4pm. How does the line look as of now?

attsuper
Jun 29, 2007, 06:04 PM
You should all come to the Superstition Springs Mall location. There are only 10 people in line and they are giving out free food from Chick-fil-a. We also have water too. Hope to see you soon. Don't forget we have A/C and at this time the line is still inside.

keithpetey
Jun 29, 2007, 06:43 PM
how come att doesnt say that they are available at superstition springs?

attsuper
Jun 29, 2007, 07:10 PM
We are a corporate att store and will be selling the IPhone here at our store. We currently only have 20 people in line.

EvilDoc
Jun 29, 2007, 10:19 PM
So did you guys get them?

Stngray
Jul 1, 2007, 09:00 PM
So did you guys get them?
Got my 8 gig at the Chandler ATT store. Love it.