PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Indianapolis, IN (Central, IN)

Aaron Davis
Jun 25, 2007, 02:28 PM
Anyone in Indianapolis/Central Indiana getting an iPhone? How about where? We have several AT&T stores and 1 Apple Store to choose from. With only 1 Apple store in the city, or state for that matter, I'm a little worried about going there.

Aaron Davis
Jun 25, 2007, 06:46 PM
No one? Guess my chances should be good :D

dannyallen34
Jun 25, 2007, 06:55 PM
I'm in central indiana but I plan on buying it from a local AT&T corporate store. I would probably try to stear clear of the keystone Apple store and go to an AT&T store.

fenixx
Jun 25, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm in central IN.

Currently it is a toss-up between the Apple Store and an AT&T store close to me. (But then again, what other choices do I have?)
I haven't decided, but I'm leaning towards the Apple Store.

dannyallen34
Jun 25, 2007, 07:23 PM
Besides the lines that are likely to be at the Apple store, I want to go to the AT&T store so that they can get my plan information straight (since I'm on a family plan and am upgrading my phone).

fenixx
Jun 25, 2007, 07:25 PM
What time did you guys plan on arriving?

dannyallen34
Jun 25, 2007, 07:29 PM
It IS Indiana, so I don't foresee a HUGE line anywhere except the Apple store. So, I'll probably drive around town after work (I get off at 4) and see how long the lines are at the AT&T stores. I'll probably stop at one by 5pm.

If I don't get one, I won't be super disappointed because I'm leaving that night on a week vacation in a place with *no* cell service. I'll just pick it up later or online.

However, if I was going to the Apple store, I would probably try and get there by noon.

fenixx
Jun 25, 2007, 07:40 PM
It IS Indiana, so I don't foresee a HUGE line anywhere except the Apple store.

My thoughts exactly.

Aaron Davis
Jun 25, 2007, 09:34 PM
I live east of indy, so I'm gonna try one of the AT&T stores out this way around 1, I get off work at noon. I'm on a family plan also, but am prepared to add a line if I get any crap from the reps about upgrading.

PatrickRolfsen
Jun 26, 2007, 02:37 AM
I live in Geist, and plan on arriving at Keystone around 4:30....:cool:

nosedive51
Jun 26, 2007, 01:40 PM
I live in Indy (Castleton). I have the Apple Store a few blocks down and a AT&T store across the street. I plan to work from home Friday and from time to time check out the status at the AT&T store.

I plan to get the phone from AT&T and then drive over to the Apple Store to see all the excitement.

rugas
Jun 26, 2007, 10:30 PM
Well, I originally had intended to wait for Apple to come out with the updated iPhone whenever they got around to it but today my Razr decided to die. So now it seems that fate has deemed that I am to get an iPhone.

I havn't decided where to go. I live near Broad Ripple and have an AT&T store down the street. I am also an AT&T customer currently so it may work out better that way. But there is also some kind of redeeming quality in getting it directly from the Apple Store.

It doesn't appear we will have many waiting at either location right now.

I have the next two days to really talk myself into getting the iPhone. We shall see.

crobbins
Jun 27, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm taking off work Friday (and working from the wifi hotspot at the Apple Store ;) ) for the event. I plan to go to the Apple Store, but if it is crazy when I get there (plan to arrive around noon) I will just go to an ATT store. I want to get it from the Apple Store because I'm sure the accessory choices will be much better. I'm leaving on a trip the next day and don't want to be without a case.

cbcc1119
Jun 27, 2007, 04:38 PM
I think that the Apple Store will be hopping so not sure about going there, but it is right down the road from me. I might go to the AT&T store though on 82nd street instead. Hope to see others there and good luck getting one. I might go to the Apple store like others posted just to see the hype.

athanacius
Jun 27, 2007, 05:03 PM
What are the chances of getting one at the Apple store on Saturday morning??
I will reach indianapolis sometime past midnight. I just hope I get one on Saturday...:(

sruthmann
Jun 27, 2007, 05:08 PM
I'm going to my local ATT store. Luckily, it's right next to a Panera, so I'll get there around noon on the 29th for lunch and wait from there!

marshalljones
Jun 27, 2007, 05:25 PM
I'm torn. I live and work downtown. I could easily get to the AT&T store downtown, but there might be quite a line due to all the corporate type downtown wanting to get it right after work. I could also go to the south side where I figure there won't be many people lining up for a $600 phone. However, I really want to get it from the Apple store simply because it's the Apple store ... HOWEVER there are probably more Apple users (potential iPhone customers) on the north side than the rest of Indy combined. Oh the choices.

What do you all think?

athanacius
Jun 27, 2007, 05:26 PM
Just called Keystone. The lady told me that they are open on Friday night till Midnight. She said they have enough stock.. Hopefully i get one on Saturday...

nosedive51
Jun 28, 2007, 08:54 AM
I would hope if they plan to be open till midnight they expect to have enough stock. I wouldn't want to be working at the store if they sold out in 30 minutes and then had to spend 5 and half hours dealing with angry customers. :mad:

I'm still planing on hitting up the 82nd street AT&T in hopes of having a smaller line.

ruc2827
Jun 28, 2007, 10:39 AM
Keep in mind not all AT&T stores are carrying the iPhone, just the corporate owned stores. Check out http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store to search for stores carrying the iPhone, which in central Indiana are:

Indy
Downtown: W Maryland Ave
West side: Rockville Rd, Lafayette Rd
Northwest side: W 82nd St
North side: N Keystone
Northeast side: E 82nd St
East side: E Washington
South side: US 31 S, Southport Rd
Carmel: 116th St, E Greyhound Pass
Fishers: Olio Rd
Andersen: Scatterfield Rd
Avon: E US HWY 36
Greenwood: US 31 N (two stores)

Note, AT&T stores will limit purchases to 1 per person, whereas Apple store has a limit of 2 per person (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/06/28iphone.html) if that is a consideration.

IMO, unless you plan on being one of the first 50 people at any given AT&T store, you are better served being part of the second wave at the Apple Store where there will be plenty on hand.

msharp
Aug 6, 2007, 03:24 PM
it is amazing, and I love it. although I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with AT&T to get it activated.