PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Memphis, TN

bigkidfallsdown
Jun 25, 2007, 03:16 PM
Anyone in Memphis? Anyone have any information about which stores will carry the iPhone and even possibly how many?

Are we there yet?

wakka092
Jun 25, 2007, 03:37 PM
I live a hour or so from Memphis..

Go here: http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store

Type in Memphis, select Tennessee, ignore Services and select Store not Kiosk.

Any store that says "Cingular Wireless," not "Cingular Wireless - Authorized Retaler," will have the iPhone.

There's always the Apple Store at Saddle Creek in Germantown.

Hope this helps. :apple:

wbaccus
Jun 25, 2007, 04:27 PM
I read earlier that the stores won't even receive their allottment of iPhones to sell until earlier that day.

I'm either going to head to the Collierville store or go to the Apple Store. The Apple store is looking like a better option because I'm assuming that people won't be there to ask a bunch of questions about their plans and to get their plans set up. They'll just be there to buy the phone and get out. At least that's my theory.

wakka092
Jun 25, 2007, 05:33 PM
I'd go to the Apple Store if I were you. I'm sure you'll have to call or get on the internet to activate it though. I doubt there will be many (if any at all) people camping out there. But you could just watch the news Thursday night.

bigkidfallsdown
Jun 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
There's a at&t/Cingular store only a mile away from my house that I have a feeling no one would go to to purchase an iPhone because of it's location...Apple store is the best bet, of course.

I'm excited!

gt1948
Jun 25, 2007, 05:58 PM
I read earlier that the stores won't even receive their allottment of iPhones to sell until earlier that day.

I'm either going to head to the Collierville store or go to the Apple Store. The Apple store is looking like a better option because I'm assuming that people won't be there to ask a bunch of questions about their plans and to get their plans set up. They'll just be there to buy the phone and get out. At least that's my theory.

Big crowds at the apple Store you think? I remember opening day there was a crowd....70-100

wakka092
Jun 25, 2007, 06:18 PM
70-100 people isn't that many people for an Apple Store opening. But it opened a long time before Apple was more popular than it is now..

Have you guys heard they're building another Apple Store in Avenue Carriage Crossing sometime this year?

Back to the point, there are plenty of AT&T stores in the Memphis area.. the anticipation!!

bluecluee
Jun 25, 2007, 06:19 PM
Anyone in the Nashville area have plans yet? Any guess to the crowd at the Green Hills apple store?

bigkidfallsdown
Jun 25, 2007, 06:28 PM
I still haven't been to the mall in Collierville. Does it do that much business? Esp. enough business where they would build an Apple store? Germantown and Collierviille are considerably closer than some other locations of where they could build an Apple store...that and of course I'm bias because I live in Midtown and would love one here or probably even better Downtown/South Main.

My roommates cousin works at the at&t store on Park and she said they are expecting between 10-100 iPhones...but who knows?

I shall master the double-thumb typing on the iPhone!!!!

wakka092
Jun 25, 2007, 06:48 PM
Ha, today I printed out a paper iPhone to see how my fat thumbs would affect typing.. I don't think it will be a problem I hope.

bigkidfallsdown
Jun 25, 2007, 06:57 PM
I don't think the demand will be that high for the iPhone here in Memphis...am I crazy?

Is everyone happy it's finally rained and cool it off - it's been f'n miserable.

wbaccus
Jun 25, 2007, 07:09 PM
wakka: I have heard that rumor as well. I would guess that if that were to happen they would close the Germantown store and open another one elsewhere, like Oak Court or some place that is more centrally located. I know one of the managers at the Apple Store in Germantown really well and he gets calls all the time from people in Midtown who won't come "all the way out to Germantown" to go to Apple. If they move to Collierville, it will be positioning themselves for future growth of the metro area once 385 is done (it would also put them right off of 385).

bigkid: I'll bet the demand is higher than you think. It's all going to hinge around how many the ATT stores receive. I had read 1 report that most of them would only get around 15 or so. Now that I think about it, does it really make much sense to close for an hour and a half (or however long they're closing) to prepare to sell 15 iPhones? Maybe they'll have decent stock too.

wakka092
Jun 25, 2007, 07:11 PM
No, you are very sane. Most people around here only get the free phones, and if they pay for one, it's far less than $500.

It is still very warm here in Lauderdale County.. :(

bigkidfallsdown
Jun 25, 2007, 07:18 PM
I heard something similar of a smaller number being released to the at&t stores around here from someone that works there - but! no one knows...and the speculation is fun.

For anyone wanting to do anything else that Friday there's an art show at Ernestine and Hazel's on South Main. I'll be there shooting and drinking....and playing with my iPhone. :D

wakka092
Jun 25, 2007, 07:22 PM
wakka: I have heard that rumor as well. I would guess that if that were to happen they would close the Germantown store and open another one elsewhere, like Oak Court or some place that is more centrally located. I know one of the managers at the Apple Store in Germantown really well and he gets calls all the time from people in Midtown who won't come "all the way out to Germantown" to go to Apple. If they move to Collierville, it will be positioning themselves for future growth of the metro area once 385 is done (it would also put them right off of 385).

bigkid: I'll bet the demand is higher than you think. It's all going to hinge around how many the ATT stores receive. I had read 1 report that most of them would only get around 15 or so. Now that I think about it, does it really make much sense to close for an hour and a half (or however long they're closing) to prepare to sell 15 iPhones? Maybe they'll have decent stock too.

I didn't realise how many malls there were in Memphis. There are six I believe: Oak Court, Peabody Place, Hickory Ridge, Raliegh Springs, Southland, and Wolfchase. That's overkill. I only visit one on a regular basis - Wolfchase - and I don't see how the older malls are still in business. Has anyone been to Peabody Place recently? How is it? Busy?

As it seems, everything is moving east and north, as if Memphis is decaying from inside out. That's urban decay for ya. I hear Fayette County is really going up. I have a cousin who lives in Oakland and things are building up there.

You can see on the 40 - 385 interchange where they have paved and installed overpasses a good way southeast. Collierville is set to be the next Germantown.

rmurphy07
Jun 26, 2007, 04:04 PM
Hello my iPhone hungry friends. I saw that the Cingular store (I know, but they're still orange, so I'll call them Cingular) on Germantown and Dexter, Germantown and Trinity, and the Union Avenue stores look like likely stores to carry the iPhone on Friday, based on their prominently displayed iPhone posters and the fact that other Cingular stores (like the one on Highway 64 near Appling) don't have those posters. I'm going to order mine online, though part of me wants to go through the whole experience. happy shopping!

pyn
Jun 26, 2007, 06:46 PM
Anyone going to the  Apple Store in Germantown? I'm trying to decide whether to head there or a closer AT&T/cingular store in Collierville...

IMO, I've been there, and the Apple Store is huge, but has practically no people in it...

dtivomem
Jun 26, 2007, 07:59 PM
I can't wait until Friday. I'll be checking out the situation at the Apple store on Thursday night, then will get in line on Friday. I hope there are several people who are gonna join me, but not more than that. Hopefully most people will be going to the AT&T Stores and leave the Apple store alone. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

wakka092
Jun 26, 2007, 09:39 PM
dtivomem: You should have no problem going to the Apple Store. If you get there in the morning and there's a line, you can get in it. If there's not a line then there's always J. Crew or Williams & Sonoma or whatever else there's to shop at in Saddle Creek.

And if there's a massive line, then you can relax knowing that the Apple Stores have alot of iPhones.

Good luck. :apple:

pyn
Jun 27, 2007, 05:43 PM
I hope  Apple Stores have a lot of iPhones :P then I could relax and have dinner at YiaYia's afterwards ;O

bgs@bgsdesign.c
Jun 27, 2007, 06:39 PM
Anyone in Memphis? Anyone have any information about which stores will carry the iPhone and even possibly how many?

Are we there yet?

My daughter and I will be lining up sometime Thursday or Friday - whenever the need arises. We've decided to go to the Apple store, as I was there the other day asking about the phone and one of the employees reminded me that they are just much more fun. Which is true.

We are obsessed and cannot wait.

wakka092
Jun 27, 2007, 07:39 PM
My daughter and I will be lining up sometime Thursday or Friday - whenever the need arises. We've decided to go to the Apple store, as I was there the other day asking about the phone and one of the employees reminded me that they are just much more fun. Which is true.

We are obsessed and cannot wait.

Be ready for news cameras.

hungstart
Jun 28, 2007, 12:26 AM
I can't wait until Friday. I'll be checking out the situation at the Apple store on Thursday night, then will get in line on Friday. I hope there are several people who are gonna join me, but not more than that. Hopefully most people will be going to the AT&T Stores and leave the Apple store alone. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

I stood in line there when panther came out, there were about maybe 80 people in line. I got there about two hours before it went on sale and there were only about 30 people, but it really picked up about an hour before it went on sale. Panther went on sale at 9:00PM that night. I expect a much larger crowd for the iPhone.
I will go by Friday morning and if there is a line forming I will get in line, if not I may wait until about 2:00PM.

Rick

bgs@bgsdesign.c
Jun 28, 2007, 12:37 AM
I stood in line there when panther came out, there were about maybe 80 people in line. I got there about two hours before it went on sale and there were only about 30 people, but it really picked up about an hour before it went on sale. Panther went on sale at 9:00PM that night. I expect a much larger crowd for the iPhone.
I will go by Friday morning and if there is a line forming I will get in line, if not I may wait until about 2:00PM.

Rick

Kinda my plan - i'll be checking it out tomorrow just in case, but will be ready Friday morning to line up if need be. Dang it's gonna be hot on that pavement in Memphis in late June. This could be fun - a geek party!

voe
Jun 28, 2007, 06:15 AM
The Fiancee and I were sitting at our Starbucks in New Orleans at 9ish last night. Well, we decided to come out here and drove all night to the Germantown Apple Store. I suppose we are first in line. We're off to get breakfast and begin the loooooooong wait. Come visit if you'd like.

David and Jennifer from New Orleans.

bgs@bgsdesign.c
Jun 28, 2007, 07:25 AM
I'll probably be over there in a bit - my daughter and i will be standing in line together and she comes in from out of town this afternoon.

voe
Jun 28, 2007, 09:13 AM
eyewitness news has read this thread and are here interviewing Jennifer now. could someone record the segment for us? I'd really appreciate it. they'll be mentioning this thread in the story.

hungstart
Jun 28, 2007, 10:32 AM
The Fiancee and I were sitting at our Starbucks in New Orleans at 9ish last night. Well, we decided to come out here and drove all night to the Germantown Apple Store. I suppose we are first in line. We're off to get breakfast and begin the loooooooong wait. Come visit if you'd like.

David and Jennifer from New Orleans.

I doubt whether the Germantown Police will allow camping at the store overnight, they are real sticklers about that kind of thing.

Rick

bgs@bgsdesign.c
Jun 28, 2007, 10:38 AM
I just called the Gtown police to ask; the woman on the phone said she didn't know of any police prohibition on camping out.

voe
Jun 28, 2007, 11:10 AM
I doubt that there will be any problem considering this shopping plaza is private property and the landlord is supervising where the line goes.

akbram
Jun 28, 2007, 12:26 PM
Is anyone thinking to wait in front of an AT&T Wireless store rather than the Apple store. It seems that the wait there may actually be shorter since many naturally go to the Apple store for the "experience." If you are going to be waiting at an AT&T store, how early will you get there? I doubt people will be camping out in front of the AT&T stores overnight. Any thoughts?

bgs@bgsdesign.c
Jun 28, 2007, 01:04 PM
well so far there are only 4 ppl in line at apple; i'll prolly stick with that - unless the line just gets crazy. I think they will also have more phones to sell.

hungstart
Jun 28, 2007, 04:43 PM
I just called the Gtown police to ask; the woman on the phone said she didn't know of any police prohibition on camping out.

That's is good to hear. I had thought that the Germantown police wouldn't let us do that, they are so picky about other things.

I just saw the line at the Apple store on Channel 3, doesn't look to bad, though it does look hot!

Rick

wakka092
Jun 28, 2007, 04:47 PM
There was just a report on News Channel 3 about the iPhone. There were two guys there, one had a yellow polo and the other a blue and white striped one. And two empty folding chairs, presumedly for Beth & her daughter. :)

bgs@bgsdesign.c
Jun 28, 2007, 04:51 PM
Ha, no, not yet.

There are still only about 4-5 people in line. Though my daughter is ready to go now, I'm holding out until the last possible minute.

I'd rather get up really early than spend the night.

wakka092
Jun 28, 2007, 04:55 PM
Ha, no, not yet.

There are still only about 4-5 people in line. Though my daughter is ready to go now, I'm holding out until the last possible minute.

I'd rather get up really early than spend the night.

Hopefully it won't rain like it did Tuesday.. If I have to end up waiting in line (which I doubt) I'm bringing an umbrella.

The excitement is really, really getting to me.

bgs@bgsdesign.c
Jun 28, 2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah, it is getting to me too.

I'm going to wait until the last possible minute, but I'm not ruling out the campout. Daughter is ready to go right now.

bigkidfallsdown
Jun 28, 2007, 07:39 PM
24 hours from now we would've been playing with our new toys for a hour and a half! At least hopefully I will be able to share in the excitement with everyone because I just learned one tire on my car is completely flat and the other tire on the same side has a very large nail in it. Will it stop me from reaching the iPhone????

NEVVVVA!

I hate I missed seeing the Apple Store on television!

voe
Jun 28, 2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah, it is getting to me too.

I'm going to wait until the last possible minute, but I'm not ruling out the campout. Daughter is ready to go right now.

Oh, silly me, I thought you said you were a real apple fan. I must have misheard.*:p

Channel 5 is here now.

bgs@bgsdesign.c
Jun 28, 2007, 08:30 PM
Ha ha yeah I know I am a weenie. But I have an extremely low tolerance for non-air-conditioned places.

Right now our plan is hourly drive-bys and come with chairs and ice chest at 4 - 5 a.m.

wakka092
Jun 28, 2007, 08:35 PM
Right now our plan is hourly drive-bys...

That's Memphis for ya. :p

hungstart
Jun 28, 2007, 10:20 PM
That's Memphis for ya. :p

I made the requisite drive by at 21:30, there was one person there using his Mac (I hope it was a Mac) and three empty chairs.

Rick

voe
Jun 28, 2007, 10:25 PM
I made the requisite drive by at 21:30, there was one person there using his Mac (I hope it was a Mac) and three empty chairs.

Rick

That was me sir. And yes, it was a MacBook. everyone else was either doing a coffee run or off to dinner.

wakka092
Jun 28, 2007, 10:48 PM
voe: How are you keeping charged up? Extra batteies? Energy Saver? Low LCD brightness? Lots of extension cords?

I saw you on TV.. I'd hate people spying on me.

voe
Jun 28, 2007, 11:17 PM
voe: How are you keeping charged up? Extra batteies? Energy Saver? Low LCD brightness? Lots of extension cords?

I saw you on TV.. I'd hate people spying on me.

We've plugged one extension cord into the plaza's light posts about 10 feet away. Earlier today the Apple store was good enough to charge our laptops at the genius bar.*

I can't say enough how wonderful the staff here has been.

xsedrinam
Jun 28, 2007, 11:24 PM
We've plugged one extension cord into the plaza's light posts about 10 feet away. Earlier today the Apple store was good enough to charge our laptops at the genius bar.*

I can't say enough how wonderful the staff here has been.
Are you at the Saddle Creek Store on Farmington? Been there a lot, over time. Did the Memphis News run something there, today?

voe
Jun 28, 2007, 11:30 PM
Are you at the Saddle Creek Store on Farmington? Been there a lot, over time. Did the Memphis News run something there, today?

Saddle Creek. Eyewitness news and channel 5 have both been here.*

xsedrinam
Jun 28, 2007, 11:34 PM
Saddle Creek. Eyewitness news and channel 5 have both been here.*
The staff there are really nice people. Hope you have some good Corkys or Gridleys BBQ at hand, and enjoy your new iPhone. ;)

voe
Jun 28, 2007, 11:38 PM
The staff there are really nice people. Hope you have some good Corkys or Gridleys BBQ at hand, and enjoy your new iPhone. ;)

As soon as we get them we have to head back home to New Orleans and try to get some sleep before waking up again at 7* :(

wakka092
Jun 28, 2007, 11:48 PM
The staff there are very nice, but is still a suprise they charged your laptops at the Genius Bar. Talk about accomodating.

If it's barbecue you want, get Rendezvous. Their barbecue nachos are awesome.

Try to get some sleep.. sucks that you have to go back to NoLA. Keep your fingers on the wheel, not the iPhone. Good luck with that.

hungstart
Jun 29, 2007, 06:56 AM
All right it is time for the morning report! How many in line now?

Rick

hungstart
Jun 29, 2007, 07:08 AM
The staff there are very nice, but is still a suprise they charged your laptops at the Genius Bar. Talk about accomodating.

If it's barbecue you want, get Rendezvous. Their barbecue nachos are awesome.

Try to get some sleep.. sucks that you have to go back to NoLA. Keep your fingers on the wheel, not the iPhone. Good luck with that.

Oh, this is going to start the flames, go ahead I have my fire proof suit on! Rendezvous is for tourists, the best ribs are Germantown Commissary and Central BBQ.

Rick

voe
Jun 29, 2007, 07:17 AM
All right it is time for the morning report! How many in line now?

Rick

10ish

hungstart
Jun 29, 2007, 07:36 AM
10ish

Just saw the bit on channel 3...I didn't see anyone, just a bunch of chairs...where was everyone hiding?

Rick

voe
Jun 29, 2007, 08:11 AM
Just saw the bit on channel 3...I didn't see anyone, just a bunch of chairs...where was everyone hiding?

Rick

Was it the live piece from this morning? Everyone was hiding from the reporter. people are coming and going for food/coffee/naps etc.

wbaccus
Jun 29, 2007, 08:58 AM
I just drove by there about 20 minutes ago on my way to work and I estimate that there's about 12 or so now.

Has anyone heard from any of the local ATT stores as to how many they might have in stock?

hungstart
Jun 29, 2007, 10:15 AM
I just drove by there about 20 minutes ago on my way to work and I estimate that there's about 12 or so now.

Has anyone heard from any of the local ATT stores as to how many they might have in stock?

I am at the Cingular store on Germantown road in front of the Target store. I am the only one in line here, the store manager said they are not allowed to say how many they have in stock or will have in stock. I don't know if the FedEx man has come or not this morning.
At least I have shade here and something covering my head in case it rains this afternoon.
Oh, almost forgot, it's a quarter after 10:00AM.
The UPS man just pulled up, don't know if he has iPhones, nope just looks like a display shipment.

Rick

hungstart
Jun 29, 2007, 10:24 AM
FedEx just arrived, she said that she delivered 20 cases of iPhones to this location yesterday!!!!!! Yahoooo!!!!
I don't know how many are in a case, but she said the boxes were about 24"X24"

Rick

wbaccus
Jun 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
Based on this: http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/27/iphone-box-photo-and-video-review/

I'd estimate the boxes are about 21" x 6" by 4"

So that would be roughly 18 per box maybe?

So around 360 were delivered yesterday, I'm guessing.

Was she delivering more today?

hungstart
Jun 29, 2007, 10:54 AM
Based on this: http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/27/iphone-box-photo-and-video-review/

I'd estimate the boxes are about 21" x 6" by 4"

So that would be roughly 18 per box maybe?

So around 360 were delivered yesterday, I'm guessing.

Was she delivering more today?

Nope, she said she delivered them all yesterday. I see that the new version of iTunes is available for download now. It has the changes required to activate your iPhone.

Rick

wbaccus
Jun 29, 2007, 11:04 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=3838554&highlight=box#post3838554

It's hard to tell from that picture, if they're stacked 2 deep in those boxes. So your store either has 200 or 400 iPhones.

worldwearyeyes
Jun 29, 2007, 11:08 AM
Drove by you last night around 10, voe! had i known you were a macrumors guy, i would've said hello.

Anyone seen lines for the cingular stores on poplar/mendenhall and union/cooper?

wbaccus
Jun 29, 2007, 11:20 AM
I'm going to go grab lunch at the Chick-Fil A close to one of those, so I'll take a look.

voe
Jun 29, 2007, 11:43 AM
I'm going to go grab lunch at the Chick-Fil A close to one of those, so I'll take a look.

You just missed some free tshirts.

wbaccus
Jun 29, 2007, 12:00 PM
Voe: How many are in line at Apple now? Can you post another update around 2:30? That's when I'm going to go get in line somewhere...

I drove by ATT at Poplar close to Mendenhall and there were no signs of a line at all. They do have up some ATT banners to make sure people know that it's one of the stores people can come to.

worldwearyeyes
Jun 29, 2007, 12:17 PM
Voe: How many are in line at Apple now? Can you post another update around 2:30? That's when I'm going to go get in line somewhere...

I drove by ATT at Poplar close to Mendenhall and there were no signs of a line at all. They do have up some ATT banners to make sure people know that it's one of the stores people can come to.

Thanks. Yeah, ATT's website definitely said the Mendenall location has the iphone. Good to hear there's no line!

wbaccus
Jun 29, 2007, 02:08 PM
So what's the latest headcount at Apple Saddle Creek and ATT stores?

srfnfs3driver
Jun 29, 2007, 02:38 PM
Just heard from my FEDEX driver at work, (I am 2 miles from the ATT store on G'town Parkway and Trinity Rd) that he delievered aprrox 70-80 iphones to that location. called a security officer i know there that confirmed this about 20 mins ago.. happy buying y'all..:)
i'm waiting for:
http://www.newswireless.net/index.cfm/article/3466

Version 2 :)

wbaccus
Jun 29, 2007, 03:24 PM
I just drove by ATT store 45 mins ago at Poplar and Mendenhall, no line, Apple Store about 20 minutes ago, around 35 in line. Collierville ATT, no line. I'm going to just wait and head over there in a little while. This is turning out to be a non-event. Apple may have priced themselves out of the market for a lot of folks.

akbram
Jun 29, 2007, 03:59 PM
I would argue that 1) the Memphis market for a "luxury" device is substantially more limited than that of New York, Chicago, and SoCal, and 2) many people are waiting for their friends to take the $700 plunge before they commit. Although Mac enthusiasts trust that Apple will make good on the hype, apparently Memphians aren't so easy to persuade. However, The Iphone will speak for itself.

worldwearyeyes
Jun 29, 2007, 05:24 PM
Pretty decent line at the ATT on Poplar/Mendenhall...probably 25-20 as of 5pm. I wonder if these stores will answer their phones after 6 re: availability.

wbaccus
Jun 29, 2007, 07:19 PM
Got to the ATT store in Collierville at 3:15 to find no line at all, so I went home until 4:20. Came back to find 2 other guys just getting in line. All in all there were about 30 people in the line. Of course, after an hour and a half of prep time, the ATT folks were clueless. They took in 6 people at a time, and I was the first one out the door with phone in hand, after 13 minutes. You'd think they'd have prepped the cashiers.

And now... the agonizing wait for activation. These things are useless until activated. All it will do is make an emergency call. The wait can be up to six hours apparently. (Current ATT customer, not porting number from another service.)

worldwearyeyes
Jun 29, 2007, 07:25 PM
Got to the ATT store in Collierville at 3:15 to find no line at all, so I went home until 4:20. Came back to find 2 other guys just getting in line. All in all there were about 30 people in the line. Of course, after an hour and a half of prep time, the ATT folks were clueless. They took in 6 people at a time, and I was the first one out the door with phone in hand, after 13 minutes. You'd think they'd have prepped the cashiers.

And now... the agonizing wait for activation. These things are useless until activated. All it will do is make an emergency call. The wait can be up to six hours apparently. (Current ATT customer, not porting number from another service.)

Any idea how many the store had? How late are the ATT stores open?

wbaccus
Jun 29, 2007, 07:30 PM
They're open until 10pm. No clue on how many they had, they're weren't telling, but they weren't turning anyone who was in line, so at least 30.

bigkidfallsdown
Jun 29, 2007, 08:43 PM
Mine was activated in less than two minutes. I was also on the phone with a tech because of previous activation issues. There was no wait time, though. It only rang once before the tech picked up.

Love the phone, btw...of course. :D

worldwearyeyes
Jun 29, 2007, 10:13 PM
just got back from the apple store. they still had both models in stock.

wbaccus
Jun 30, 2007, 07:48 PM
So does Memphis metro have the upgraded EDGE network? If not, wow this is pretty useless.

rowensiv
Oct 9, 2007, 10:07 AM
Have you guys heard they're building another Apple Store in Avenue Carriage Crossing sometime this year?

are you kidding? that would be awesome... wonder when... :apple:

wbaccus
Oct 9, 2007, 11:19 AM
I heard that rumor a while back, but there are some problems with it. The original rumor was that they were going to add it to the new section that is under construction, where the Circuit City will go. I don't think that's the right location for them.

I do know that the Saddle Creek Store has been doing crazy business lately and it's one of the originals and probably due for a remodel. Some of the walls, furnishings in there are showing some wear/tear.

If they were to build another location, I would think that you wouldn't want it so close to Saddle Creek, so the only way I think they build one at Carriage Crossing is if they build another one elsewhere. Demographically, considering where they usually put their stores, I'm not sure where they'd move to. I think Wolfchase isn't a good spot for them, Oak Court area? Maybe.

Part of the problem with the Saddle Creek location is that folks inside the 240 loop all think that it's so far away. They won't hardly drive there.

rowensiv
Oct 9, 2007, 05:47 PM
the whole saddle creek mall is going down. there are so many open slots where stores have moved/it would be dead without the apple store. collierville would be a good location for them, there are so many apple owners in collierville. everyone i know owns at least an ipod. wolfchase would also be a great location, but i think both would be great. maybe then there would actually be appointments available! :apple: i would love to see the apple store in collierville, maybe in the area of the courtyard marriott. it's almost done, and the location is special, as is the apple store. circuit city? wow... i had no idea :D

rowensiv
Oct 9, 2007, 09:09 PM
here's some details i found when i googled "apple store carriage crossing"

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/future_stores.html (http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/future_stores.html#)