PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Buffalo, NY

iphoneboy
Jun 25, 2007, 04:55 PM
Anyone out there planning on lining up early at the Apple Store in Buffalo.....or possibly at a nearby At & T store? I'd like to buy an iphone on Friday, but unfortunately can't get to a line up much before 5 pm. If you are already planning on lining up, maybe we can work something out....i'll help contribute to your iphone purchase. Could make it a win/win for both of us. Please PM me with info. Thanks

pzarker
Jun 28, 2007, 10:53 PM
I'll be there!

patseguin
Jun 29, 2007, 07:54 AM
I'll be at the Apple Store probably by 4pm but who knows if that is going to be too late. I have no idea how early people will be lining up.

patseguin
Jun 29, 2007, 12:12 PM
Just went to lunch at the mall and saw 20-30 people in line at the Apple Store and 3 people in line at the AT&T store.

PLin
Jun 29, 2007, 02:51 PM
I just drove by the AT&T store in Amherst on Niagara Falls Blvd near 290. I didn't see a single person waiting outside, but I didn't go inside, so there might have been people hanging out in the store taking advantage of the air conditioning before they close at 4:30.

dfbills
Jun 29, 2007, 03:18 PM
Keep the reports coming in- I don't land in BUF until 10:40! ;)

skoker
Jun 29, 2007, 03:54 PM
Keep the reports coming in- I don't land in BUF until 10:40! ;)

jetBlue 10 from JFK?

hellodon
Jun 29, 2007, 04:36 PM
Any updates on what the line looks like outside of the Apple store?

I need to get 2 phones, I get out of work at 6. I called and asked if it would be too late, if they thought by the size of the line vs. their stock if I'd still be okay to get one and they were really weird about it....basically said "i can't guarantee but i dont think you'll be disappointed if you come down"....which is like...such a vague answer.

I'd like to get them tonight, but if I go there and don't end up with one then go home to order it online and its too late for that I'm going to be pretty bummed out.

Maybe I should order 2 online, then go, and if I get it then call and cancel my order right away?

I dunno...anyone have the latest scoop?

PLin
Jun 29, 2007, 04:48 PM
I haven't been to the mall to see how many are waiting at the Apple Store, but I have a feeling that it will much easier to get one at the AT&T stores. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that there were only 3 people waiting at the AT&T store, while 20-30 were waiting at the Apple Store.

A lot of people are probably going to the Apple Store for the full experience of the iPhone release. My friend drove by the AT&T store in front of the Cingular corporate building on Union about half an hour ago, and he said there were only about 20 people in line.

macsters
Jun 29, 2007, 06:16 PM
Just picked an 8GB iPhone up at the AT&T store on:

2897 UNION RD CHEEKTOWAGA, NY 14227

There where only about 25 people in line prior to 6pm and everyone got a phone. Limit was 1 per person and a sales rep told me that they had a total of 30 shipped from Apple.

Note: AT&T's web based (internal) processing system did crash at about 6:30pm causing them to issue/sell phones manually. This may cause some delays nationwide.

Good luck. :apple:

dfbills
Jun 29, 2007, 11:35 PM
jetBlue 10 from JFK?

Nah- usair- and iPhone in hand right now.

heatasmallhouse
Jun 29, 2007, 11:51 PM
Pretty crazy. I hung out and talked to my friend who's an apple employee for about an hour about how cool the thing is, the whole time him telling me not to worry about not getting one. I joked about them sitting on a pile of iphones, and he looked at me like I wasn't far off.

One of the advantages of the area for sure! Honestly, I'm amazed we were chosen as a site for a full apple store. Makes me feel special.