PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Raleigh, NC

luvmyMacs
Jun 26, 2007, 12:48 PM
Are you going to be at Southpoint or Crabtree Valley. Since this is the first thread post maybe the line won't be too long...I can wish. :p

:apple: Amy

wiithan
Jun 26, 2007, 03:10 PM
Hey, I'm actually going to be at a newly opened AT&T store near Triangle Town Center. Hopefully, there will be less of a crowd there.

yellow
Jun 26, 2007, 03:19 PM
Southpoint

panoz7
Jun 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
I'm not going to buy one (stupid verizon contract) but I was thinking of stopping by southpoint just to see it in person.

DBogue
Jun 26, 2007, 06:08 PM
Crabtree....can't wait.

sppatel
Jun 26, 2007, 06:43 PM
For those standing in line... specifically at Southpoint. What time are people arriving. Since the store will be open throughout the day... I wonder if there will be even an outside line, if so I hope they atleast rope a section off so people don't sneak in line.

Also Do you think they will be handing out tickets? I would assume they would have to do something to avoid chaos. Any thoughts?

luvmyMacs
Jun 26, 2007, 08:58 PM
For those standing in line... specifically at Southpoint. What time are people arriving. Since the store will be open throughout the day... I wonder if there will be even an outside line, if so I hope they atleast rope a section off so people don't sneak in line.

Also Do you think they will be handing out tickets? I would assume they would have to do something to avoid chaos. Any thoughts?

I am getting off work at 11:45 to be there (Southpoint) about 12. I have heard that you can purchase the accessories throughout the day so I want to purchase a case, if nothing else. The stores are going to close at 4:30 and reopen at 6:00 although I know the line will probably start much sooner. There will not be any "tickets" that I am aware of since this is basically a first come first serve and since the stores will close. I am just excited that we only have to stand in line once and can come home to activate.

2 days and counting!
:apple:

luvmyMacs
Jun 26, 2007, 08:59 PM
Hey, I'm actually going to be at a newly opened AT&T store near Triangle Town Center. Hopefully, there will be less of a crowd there.

I thought about that store too since I live about 5 minutes from there.

Update: I don't think that store is getting any iPhones from what I can tell on the AT&T/Cingular page. The one in front of Target at Triangle is getting them though.

kuribohbabylon
Jun 26, 2007, 10:24 PM
I'm off on Friday and will be heading out to southpoint around lunch time. Unless I see that people might be getting there earlier :)

wiithan
Jun 27, 2007, 02:06 AM
I really don't understand why all of you guys are planning to go to Southpoint. Isn't that actually in Durham? I mean... the Crabtree one is going to be outrageously crowded, but that will likely be the case with all apple stores. Why not just go to an AT&T store? There are so many of them that you can probably locate one within 5 miles of your house. The experience is going to be the same wherever you go:

Wait in line.
Enter store at 6.
Purchase iPhone.
Go home.
Activate.
???
Profit.

luvmyMacs
Jun 27, 2007, 07:38 AM
I really don't understand why all of you guys are planning to go to Southpoint. Isn't that actually in Durham? I mean... the Crabtree one is going to be outrageously crowded, but that will likely be the case with all apple stores. Why not just go to an AT&T store? There are so many of them that you can probably locate one within 5 miles of your house. The experience is going to be the same wherever you go:

Wait in line.
Enter store at 6.
Purchase iPhone.
Go home.
Activate.
???
Profit.

Southpoint is the store in Durham about 15 minutes from RTP. That is why I am going there. Apple Store is the best shot at getting one I think. Not all AT&T stores are getting the iPhone. Check out the "find a store" on the AT&T/Cingular page.

kuribohbabylon
Jun 27, 2007, 02:40 PM
Southpoint is the store in Durham about 15 minutes from RTP. That is why I am going there. Apple Store is the best shot at getting one I think. Not all AT&T stores are getting the iPhone. Check out the "find a store" on the AT&T/Cingular page.

After just looking at the store finder that AT&T sent out I only see 2 AT&T stores on their list (10 miles around Morrisville) that will have the iPhone. After seeing that I will definitely be at the Apple Store.

mmccaskill
Jun 27, 2007, 07:36 PM
There is an AT&T store on Guess Rd. in Durham, off I-85. I checked and they are selling iPhones. Anyone going?

sppatel
Jun 28, 2007, 08:37 AM
The weather forecast doesn't look good. I hope the rain can hold off.

mmccaskill
Jun 28, 2007, 08:55 AM
I work near intersection of 54/I-40 so I'm right near Southpoint. Anyone want to have lunch before standing in line?

luvmyMacs
Jun 28, 2007, 03:34 PM
The weather forecast doesn't look good. I hope the rain can hold off.

If it rains Southpoint will be the place to be. No one wants to stand in the rain but I will to get my iPhone...:D

yellow
Jun 28, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'm in line at Southpoint already!

luvmyMacs
Jun 28, 2007, 06:20 PM

How many people are in line with you?:confused:

SixSlinger
Jun 28, 2007, 08:00 PM
I'm definately going to buy one tomorrow (fingers crossed)....I dont think Crabtree or Southpoint are sure bets.....but I am unsure about AT&T stores just because of limited quantities....I might try Triangle Town Center.....I thought about driving out to Garner or Fuquay, hoping there would be much less demand:)

sppatel
Jun 28, 2007, 08:13 PM
After careful deliberation and analysis of each individual response I will gladly reveal my plan of attack.

Now - Take sleeping pills or a warm glass of milk since I'm too excited to sleep.
4:30 am - I awake.
4:31 am - I asleep.
4:45 am - I awake and shower.
5:00 am - I leave for southpoint.
5:20 am - I walk till I have a clear visibility of the apple store. If people are there skip to 6:30 am.
5:25 am - Sit in my car.
6:00 am - Head to starbucks accross street for coffee and breakfast.
6:30 am - Get my chair, magazines, umbrella and poncho to the front of the apple store door.
6:30 am - 6pm - WAIT WAIT WAIT.
6:00 pm - Enter Apple Store, Yell IPhone Please, No DEMO, Pay for it immedialey and leave and go home a happy camper.

mullman
Jun 28, 2007, 08:18 PM
6:00 pm - Enter Apple Store, Yell IPhone Please, No DEMO, Pay for it immedialey and leave and go home a happy camper.

As a North Carolinian, I must say you are my kind of Apple junkie!

I'm in Charlotte but similar procedure.

http://homepage.mac.com/mulls/badge.jpg

luvmyMacs
Jun 28, 2007, 08:40 PM
After careful deliberation and analysis of each individual response I will gladly reveal my plan of attack.

Now - Take sleeping pills or a warm glass of milk since I'm too excited to sleep.
4:30 am - I awake.
4:31 am - I asleep.
4:45 am - I awake and shower.
5:00 am - I leave for southpoint.
5:20 am - I walk till I have a clear visibility of the apple store. If people are there skip to 6:30 am.
5:25 am - Sit in my car.
6:00 am - Head to starbucks accross street for coffee and breakfast.
6:30 am - Get my chair, magazines, umbrella and poncho to the front of the apple store door.

WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!!!

kuribohbabylon
Jun 28, 2007, 08:51 PM
As a North Carolinian, I must say you are my kind of Apple junkie!

I'm in Charlotte but similar procedure.

http://homepage.mac.com/mulls/badge.jpg

Mullman!!!! its Doc! I'll be following a similar procedure to the above on the morrow as well. :)

mullman
Jun 28, 2007, 09:00 PM
Mullman!!!! its Doc! I'll be following a similar procedure to the above on the morrow as well. :)

Doc, my NCSU college buddy from the early 90s!
Kudos to you good Apple soldier, Dan has spoken of your Apple faithfulness.

I hope you get your hands on an iPhone tomorrow :)

kuribohbabylon
Jun 28, 2007, 09:09 PM
Doc, my NCSU college buddy from the early 90s!
Kudos to you good Apple soldier, Dan has spoken of your Apple faithfulness.

I hope you get your hands on an iPhone tomorrow :)

Heh... yeah. He's all chomping at the bit for me to call him tomorrow evening after I've acquired one. :)

mustang_dvs
Jun 28, 2007, 10:55 PM

Unlikely, since the mall has officially stated that the line cannot form until 5:00am on the 29th. The mall has also posted a memo at the security desk stating: no tents, no chairs, no umbrellas.

BTW, also a little insulted that Amy considers Durham to be part of Raleigh, especially since Durham's Apple Store predates Raleigh's.

kuribohbabylon
Jun 29, 2007, 04:26 AM
Well I'm here and the line is just past the corner of the store (about 10 people) and there are news vans all over the place.

luvmyMacs
Jun 29, 2007, 05:38 AM
Well I'm here and the line is just past the corner of the store (about 10 people) and there are news vans all over the place.

I saw you guys on the news this morning!! I will be there in a few hours!!;)

luvmyMacs
Jun 29, 2007, 05:39 AM
Unlikely, since the mall has officially stated that the line cannot form until 5:00am on the 29th. The mall has also posted a memo at the security desk stating: no tents, no chairs, no umbrellas.

BTW, also a little insulted that Amy considers Durham to be part of Raleigh, especially since Durham's Apple Store predates Raleigh's.

Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, etc. are pretty much all the same now....all run together in one big city. If you want a blog for Durham then start one. Thought it would be easier to have just one.

mustang_dvs
Jun 29, 2007, 08:31 AM
Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, etc. are pretty much all the same now....all run together in one big city. Thought it would be easier to have just one.One thread's fine (if I thought otherwise, I would have started an obnoxiously named Durham thread), but since we don't live in a mega-city, RTP/Triangle, NC or Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, NC would have probably been better.

If you want a blog for Durham then start one. There's plenty of Durham blogs ( www.BullcityRising.com and www.EndangeredDurham.org are my personal favorites), so I don't need to start one, other than the one I've already got one going for my neighbors, to share news, events and photos (hosted on my G4 Cube server).

Anyway, have fun in line. ;)

earnjam
Jun 29, 2007, 10:08 AM
I'm either thinking Crabtree Apple store or North Hills AT&T store....I CANT DECIDE!!!

kuribohbabylon
Jun 29, 2007, 10:24 AM
Line at Southpoint is up to 30.

yellow
Jun 29, 2007, 12:54 PM

Metaphorically, of course.

It's too fuggin hot out right now to stand in line.. plus there's that pesky work thing interfering. :rolleyes:

Besides, my work will purchase one for me, all I need is patience.
Now doesn't that beat sweating in line and getting rained on to shell out $600+??

:D

earnjam
Jun 29, 2007, 01:42 PM
Line reports anyone???

gregoj
Jun 29, 2007, 02:38 PM
Line at Durham looks to be about 100 people. It makes it to the corner at the parking lot technically, but it's only one abreast, and everyone is sitting under the weak shade provided by the "trees" in the planter.

This is on a short drive by as I dropped off someone, so not a scientific tally.

jwalther420
Jun 29, 2007, 03:33 PM
I was planning on hitting southpoint apple store but I haven't heard anyone mention the AT&T store at Crossroads in Cary. I know its selling iphones and its close to me. Here's hoping its a quick in and out. :)

sparkleytone
Jun 29, 2007, 04:27 PM
Line at AT&T Triangle Town Center was about 15-20 people at about 5PM ET. So tempted...but...I...just...can't.

dukeblue91
Jun 29, 2007, 06:33 PM
Line at AT&T Triangle Town Center was about 15-20 people at about 5PM ET. So tempted...but...I...just...can't.

Yes I was their, in and out with my new toy in 39 minutes :D

earnjam
Jun 30, 2007, 01:24 AM
Yes I was their, in and out with my new toy in 39 minutes :D

I went to crabtree at 5:30 and I was out in under 1 hour. Probably 150 people in line ahead of me but I still got an 8gb phone. It is awesome and I am posting from it right now.