PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Waco, TX

shoes529
Jun 26, 2007, 09:35 PM
Haha I doubt anyone in waco is checking this site but if ya are which at&t store are you going to?

trptdude
Jun 28, 2007, 11:02 AM
what a surprise to see a Waco thread! Nice to know there's at least one other mac-addict in town - I'm involved in a wedding at 5:30 (musician) so no line-waiting for me..... but I plan to call the 3 stores as soon as I'm out (6:15ish) and head to the closest one that still has stock before my next gig at 9:00. Probably will hit the one by On The Border 1st if I can't get through on the phone

TC

newstudentut
Jun 28, 2007, 11:33 AM
I didn't know Waco was covered by any cellphone company :confused:

JK... I am in Austin! :D

trptdude
Jun 28, 2007, 11:34 AM
we've even got indoor plumbing as of a few months ago

:cool:

newstudentut
Jun 28, 2007, 12:21 PM
we've even got indoor plumbing as of a few months ago

:cool:

it's sure becoming a city! :eek:

Nagooya
Jun 28, 2007, 12:30 PM
I lived there for a year when i was 2 years old! Wow! This city still exists??:eek:

trptdude
Jun 28, 2007, 01:20 PM
still here - area population is in the 200,000+ range (counting suburbs - Waco proper is 120,000 or so) - 90 minutes to Austin or Dallas and "Rush Hour" is more a movie than a daily ritual - not a bad place to be all things considered... now if we just had an Apple store....

TC

newstudentut
Jun 28, 2007, 01:23 PM
still here - area population is in the 200,000+ range (counting suburbs - Waco proper is 120,000 or so) - 90 minutes to Austin or Dallas and "Rush Hour" is more a movie than a daily ritual - not a bad place to be all things considered... now if we just had an Apple store....

TC

Please don't get upset, but I haven't heard anything funnier today than Waco having suburbs :D

trptdude
Jun 28, 2007, 01:29 PM
LOL - good one! I thought about putting that word in quotes....

Waco does still feel like a "large town" rather than a "small city" in many respects - but as the old guard dies off, that mentality is going away (can't happen fast enough, IMHO)

TC

shoes529
Jun 28, 2007, 02:23 PM
what a surprise to see a Waco thread! Nice to know there's at least one other mac-addict in town - I'm involved in a wedding at 5:30 (musician) so no line-waiting for me..... but I plan to call the 3 stores as soon as I'm out (6:15ish) and head to the closest one that still has stock before my next gig at 9:00. Probably will hit the one by On The Border 1st if I can't get through on the phone

TC

haha well i knew when i started this thread i would get some laughs out of it...yea im probably going to hit up the same store around 2 or 3 and hope there is not a line...ive called around to the at&t stores but none of the stores seem to know how many iphones they are going to get

retrospects
Jun 28, 2007, 08:05 PM
hey my bro lives in waco, and my mom lives in crawford!!!! waco is awesome! i live in dallas tho!