PDA

View Full Version : Popping noise from speakers on iBook

SoonToGetAMac
Jul 12, 2003, 12:44 PM
I have a white 700MHz iBook, and it makes random popping noises. At first, I thought that it was coming from under the 'f, 'g,' and 'h' keys, where the airport card and memory is. I listened to it again a few days later, and like the guy at the Apple Store said, I realized that the noise was coming from the speakers. Since it was random, they couldn't replicate the noise at the repair depot, so it still pops. This has been driving me crazy! Is there any software fix I can get for this, or is there any way I can fix this? Thanks for your help!:) :D

Schiffi
Jul 12, 2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah, laptop speakers aren't the best in the world. My Ti's pop eveynow and then. I usually just connect the headphone jack to an FM transmitter and listen to music through my Stereo. Though if it pops when no sounds are playing then you might have a problem. My Ti beeps from the same place, but I just assumed it was the Airport card.

jefhatfield
Jul 14, 2003, 06:19 AM
my clamshell ibook speakers used to be at a very low volume all the time, no matter how loud i tried to turn it up

and suddenly, without explanation after over three years, i was able to turn the thing up higher

the static and scratchiness of the speaker has always left a lot to be desired

by contrast, my compaq laptop has full on jbl laptop speakers and the sound quality is much, much better...but in every other way, the ibook is a nicer laptop