PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Albany, NY

drichx
Jun 27, 2007, 10:54 AM
Just wondering if there's anyone on here from the Upstate/Albany , NY area that will be heading out to buy an iPhone on July 29th.

jpelario
Jun 27, 2007, 04:34 PM
Just wondering if there's anyone on here from the Upstate/Albany , NY area that will be heading out to buy an iPhone on July 29th.

I will, or actually a friend probably will for me since UNFORTUNATELY I have to work... I am excited to see only one other person waiting in Albany on these boards, makes our chances better you would think.

imacpr0n
Jun 27, 2007, 06:17 PM
I plan to go to the Crossgates Apple Store around 5:00. Maybe not in time, but that's as long as I'm willing to wait. If they're sold out there, I'll try the AT&T store in the mall, then the two on Central Avenue.

I still haven't entirely committed myself to spending $800 ($600 phone, $30 case, $50 tax, $100 activation fee and first month's service), but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do it.

dy111
Jun 27, 2007, 07:11 PM
Upstate, NY :cool:
I plan on hitting up the Glens Falls area (see iPhone Purchasing: Glens Falls, NY) since it's closer to me than Albany is. I was debating on whether to go to the AT&T store, or the Apple store in Crossgates, however I feel like Albany will get more people than Glens Falls, and the AT&T store is somewhere you canine up in he morning :D

hi everyone guess what I'm on my iphone

ITASOR
Jun 28, 2007, 09:49 AM
I don't feel like driving to Cross Gates, but I would expect that store to get a bunch, it's definitely the biggest and best in this area. I might try the AT&T Store in Utica or was thinking about Carousel's mini Apple Store.

Professor Griff
Jun 28, 2007, 10:03 AM
I will, or actually a friend probably will for me since UNFORTUNATELY I have to work... I am excited to see only one other person waiting in Albany on these boards, makes our chances better you would think.

Come on Elario - you have to work on a day like this? The Tulip Festival is over! It will be a shame if the Tulip King has an iPhone before you!

jpelario
Jun 28, 2007, 12:36 PM
Come on Elario - you have to work on a day like this? The Tulip Festival is over! It will be a shame if the Tulip King has an iPhone before you!

HAH! Looks like I found another obsessed :apple: head I'm thinking maybe the KING can purchase me an 8 gig with apple care and drop it off at the wedding I'm shooting. Since its two per customer at the :apple: store. Of course I'll take care of ya.

Professor Griff
Jun 28, 2007, 03:44 PM
HAH! Looks like I found another obsessed :apple: head I'm thinking maybe the KING can purchase me an 8 gig with apple care and drop it off at the wedding I'm shooting. Since its two per customer at the :apple: store. Of course I'll take care of ya.

You should have proposed that deal while we were hanging back stage during Joan Jett!

When you're done figuring it out, call Sue C. for my cell and we'll see if we can figure a good purchase strategy.

Send my regards to your dad - he always took better pictures of me than you! ;)

dy111
Jun 28, 2007, 04:56 PM
I checked with a online customer service rep and she told me that gift cards can be used at Apple Stores, not ATT stores. And I just found about $200 on old gift cards to Apple! :D so instead of going to the ten minute drive to the ATT store I'm gonna go to the Crossgates on Saturday morning ('cause I can't make it down there Friday night :mad: )

Do you think they'll be sold out Saturday morning if I'm there earlier than 9am, when they open?? Where should I line up in the morning?

and what's people doing about this pre-approved credit check. I'm not gonna put my SS # on iTunes; I just don't feel comfortable. So can I go to an ATT store before hand and get this code, or can I get it at the Apple Store on Sat. morning?