PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Purchasers: Hartford, CT

nducoff
Jun 27, 2007, 01:21 PM
I'll be at the Apple store at West Farms Mall. Should be an experience.

DanRyb
Jun 27, 2007, 04:08 PM
Hey, I'm in CT as well. I was thinking of also going there for mine too. What time do you plan on getting there? I've never done this waiting in line thing before lol, I wasn't sure if getting there when the doors open for mall walkers was way too early (8am I think?). Otherwise, I was thinking get there for 10am when all the stores open.

What was your plan?

celebi23
Jun 27, 2007, 04:36 PM
I wish I could it's just that I don't have job right now & overall, it's too expensive for me. Have fun with the iPhone guys :(

edit:
I'd say that if there's a massive line @ the Apple Store, head to the other 2 AT&T stores. 1 near Rain Forest Cafe & the other Hot Topic. Both of those AT&T/Cingular stores will be carrying them.

DanRyb
Jun 27, 2007, 04:44 PM
My whole problem is I'm such an impatient person haha. I don't WANT to wait all day long (thought who does I guess right?). I just want to get there early enough to secure a spot for the iPhone thought I'm really not sure what time that should be.

Does anyone know if they're doing vouchers at all that day so there's not a huge line inside the mall?

ShiggyMiyamoto
Jun 28, 2007, 03:35 PM
Hey fellow CT'rs! I'm in Danbury. I have an interview across town on Friday morning at 10AM, but I plan on going to the Apple Store later for this historic event. Anyone in Danbury? I wanted to start a Danbury thread, but I found this one first and I decided to give it a shot to see if anyone is in my direct area. If someone reading this post does happen to go to the Danbury store (in the Danbury Fair Mall) I'll be wearing a black hat that says NINTENDO on it (on the front) and on the back it says Nintendo World New York.

Have fun all. I know I will, though I can't exactly purchase one right now.

Kiki1234
Jun 28, 2007, 05:02 PM
Hey fellow CT'rs! I'm in Danbury. I have an interview across town on Friday morning at 10AM, but I plan on going to the Apple Store later for this historic event. Anyone in Danbury? I wanted to start a Danbury thread, but I found this one first and I decided to give it a shot to see if anyone is in my direct area. If someone reading this post does happen to go to the Danbury store (in the Danbury Fair Mall) I'll be wearing a black hat that says NINTENDO on it (on the front) and on the back it says Nintendo World New York.

Have fun all. I know I will, though I can't exactly purchase one right now.

I thought about going to the Danbury Mall, but i feel like the apple store will be a madhouse, so im going to the AT&T store in norwalk. im wondering how crowded its going to be.

Kodex
Jun 28, 2007, 11:32 PM
I don't think danbury will be too busy. Close enough to NYC for that crowd to be pulled away. I will be around.

ShiggyMiyamoto
Jun 29, 2007, 12:30 AM
So who's coming to the :apple: store Danbury Fair Mall for sure? I'll be there by like 4 or 5. Possibly earlier. I don't mind waiting an hour or so. Rumor has it that all ATT and :apple: stores are closing at 4PM and then reopening at 6PM for this release.

DanRyb
Jun 29, 2007, 05:05 AM
So who's coming to the :apple: store Danbury Fair Mall for sure? I'll be there by like 4 or 5. Possibly earlier. I don't mind waiting an hour or so. Rumor has it that all ATT and :apple: stores are closing at 4PM and then reopening at 6PM for this release.

Actually :apple: Apple stores are closing at 2PM. That's right, closed for a full four hours before release.

I'm still going to Westfarms myself...I'll be there around 7am when doors open to the mall for mall walkers...now that the day is here I am not taking any chances! Just bringing some food, drink, Nintendo DS, iPod, and a book to keep myself as busy as possible for 11 hours! :eek: lol Good luck everyone!

ShiggyMiyamoto
Jun 29, 2007, 10:23 AM
Actually :apple: Apple stores are closing at 2PM. That's right, closed for a full four hours before release.

I'm still going to Westfarms myself...I'll be there around 7am when doors open to the mall for mall walkers...now that the day is here I am not taking any chances! Just bringing some food, drink, Nintendo DS, iPod, and a book to keep myself as busy as possible for 11 hours! :eek: lol Good luck everyone!

Goddamn! That's crazy. You sure its 2pm?

MakGeek
Jun 29, 2007, 01:03 PM
Goddamn! That's crazy. You sure its 2pm?

Anyone there yet?, Danbury that is.

djpedro
Jun 29, 2007, 02:18 PM
I'm planning on hitting West Farms store around 5:30...allthough part of me is thinking of hitting an AT&T store instead to maximize my chances. Anyone out there in macrumors world at West Farms Yet?

Anyone there yet?, Danbury that is.

m-dogg
Jun 29, 2007, 03:39 PM
I was in Westfarms around 11am today for something else. Not getting an iPhone at this time but I walked by because I wanted to check it out.

The Apple Store line was snaking around the corner where J. Crew is, towards the Swiss Army store where a cue was set up to corral the line. They were doing something with wristbands. A much smaller line was forming near the AT&T store downstairs. Both spots had security tables set up with a couple mall cops sitting there.

I talked briefly to the first guy in line - Said he got there at around 5am today (didn't realize the mall opened its doors that early).

It didn't look too bad though - Kinda fun actually. Everyone was hanging out, using their laptops, talking, etc...