PDA

View Full Version : Garbage Pail Kids To Make A Comeback

eyelikeart
Jul 13, 2003, 11:20 AM
So I'm pretty damned excited about this! I had a huge collection as a kid, and somehow they all got lost during a move. Anyway, about 2 years ago I got back into collecting the 1st & 2nd series sets, but never finished.

I'm back on ebay now, hoping to finish them off. ;)

http://www.theneworleanschannel.com/money/2327065/detail.html

iGav
Jul 13, 2003, 11:40 AM
Hey hey... cool!! :D

I bet they don't land on these shores though... :(

tpjunkie
Jul 13, 2003, 11:51 AM
Man I remember those things! I think my best friend even had a Garbage Pail Kids themed birthday party one year

Vlade
Jul 13, 2003, 12:13 PM
After a quick ebay search I realized that those things are worth some money :), I have a big stack that used to be my brothers I can probably sell... I just need to figure out what series they are.

evil
Jul 13, 2003, 12:19 PM
i used to love those things. i would pick up a new pack to check them out.

mymemory
Jul 13, 2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
So I'm pretty damned excited about this! I had a huge collection as a kid, and somehow they all got lost during a move.

Got lost? your parents took the chance I would say.

I saw one of them not too long ago and they were really heavy for an 80's stuff. I wouldn't recomend the return of such thing.

hvfsl
Jul 13, 2003, 03:51 PM
What are these things, I have never heard of them and I spent some time in the US in the 80s? Are they like the furbies (without the tec)?

medea
Jul 13, 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by hvfsl
What are these things, I have never heard of them and I spent some time in the US in the 80s? Are they like the furbies (without the tec)?

no no, low tech, they were cards, er well stickers. Low brow humour aimed at the cabbage patch kids phenom, I collected them as a kid, wish I still had them, come to think of it they have to be somewhere.....

Wardofsky
Jul 13, 2003, 10:08 PM
Oh my god.

I've seen those so many times and not known what they really are, I don't think I'll go near them this time though...

bennetsaysargh
Jul 14, 2003, 12:01 AM
generations before mine had the cool stuff. my generation will look back at the 90's and be ashamed they did the macarena:(

lol:p

solvs
Jul 14, 2003, 09:31 AM
Anybody else remember the movie? That was great.

Das
Jul 14, 2003, 11:04 AM
I remember bartering for the very first edition first card with the baby from the first set in mint condition. Then I promptly stuck it to my folder...crapple... Anyhoo, I just loved making those big arsed puzzles from the backs. I also remember M.U.S.C.L.E., those tubular flesh toned toys, which have made a comeback to become Ultimate Muscle. Really, Iím one Monsters In My Pocket Reunion away from an 80ís relapse, mullet and all.

The movie was an absolutely horrible piece of 80's trivia...wonder if they sell it on DVD...

solvs
Jul 14, 2003, 11:23 AM
OMFG, it is available on DVD!!!

Still not gonna buy it. After reading a few reviews about it, it's all suddenly coming back to be. Damn photographic memory. REPRESS, REPRESS!

Gawd, that movie was awful.

Jerry Spoon
Jul 14, 2003, 01:44 PM
I'll add those cards to one more thing I shouldn't have let my mother throw out along with my transformers and GI Joe's and Star Wars stuff. (I'm remembering I had the original Millenium Falcon. It was SO cool...and now it's gone:( )

eyelikeart
Jul 14, 2003, 02:39 PM
I do believe mine were lost. I know my mom wouldn't have thrown them away. Things weren't so easy back then, and she knew how much of a freak about them I was. ;)

The movie was terrible though.

mactastic
Jul 15, 2003, 07:58 PM
Ha sweet... man people thought those things were so bad, like they'd corrupt you or something. Now they're coming back again. Hehe.. I suppose if America is welcoming the Oz man into their living rooms, Garbage Pail Kids ain't so bad. I might have some of those around somewhere. I'll have to go bug my parents, not that they'll let me get away without taking all my childhood crap I left with them. Now if only I'd left my 'droid factory in the box.......:D