PDA

View Full Version : What Virtual Console games are you waiting for?

mattportner
Jun 28, 2007, 12:47 AM
I would have to say:

- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super Mario Kart
- Donkey Kong 64

GFLPraxis
Jun 28, 2007, 08:49 AM
Super Mario RPG.

takao
Jun 28, 2007, 09:25 AM
International Superstar Soccer 2000 for the N64

not gonna happen very soon though

pcypert
Jun 28, 2007, 09:43 AM
I'm like a broken record...Castlevania II Simon's Quest.

Mario 3 would be nice too.

Having played Mario RPG I don't need it again. The story isn't that interesting at all and having to wade through all the text...nah...

Paul

Dagless
Jun 28, 2007, 10:15 AM
Mario 3 has apparently been rated for Eu.

Mario 3
Yoshis island
Super Metroid
Chuck Rock 2
Mega Turrican (aka Turrican 3 on the Amiga)
Majoras Mask
Sonic 2, 3 & Knuckles (and CD if possible)

Tormishire :D

applekid
Jun 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
Considering I dodged just about every GBA remake of of old NES and SNES games, I wouldn't mind getting games like Super Mario Bros. 3 and Yoshi's Island since my NES is gone and my SNES is packed away. Here are some others I can think of...

Super Mario RPG
Kirby Superstar (not really an amazing game by its parts, but fun for multiplayer platforming)
Donkey Kong Country 3
Earthbound
Perfect Dark (Zero on the 360 was such a mess from the demo I played)
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles

Seems like that list is a little short. Hm...

Sky Blue
Jun 28, 2007, 10:52 AM
Shining Force 2
Yoshi's Island
Castlevania: Bloodlines

pcypert
Jun 28, 2007, 12:34 PM
So there's a GC disk with the Sonic collection...like 1-3 and Sonic and Nuckles...it's like 12 bucks..why would one get the downloads over this?

Paul

steamboat26
Jun 28, 2007, 12:38 PM
Super Mario RPG.

I have been waiting for this game forever
Also, super smash bros on N64

srobert
Jun 28, 2007, 12:57 PM
- Blaster Master
- Star Tropic
- Super Metroid

Dagless
Jun 28, 2007, 02:15 PM
So there's a GC disk with the Sonic collection...like 1-3 and Sonic and Nuckles...it's like 12 bucks..why would one get the downloads over this?

Paul

Convenience. I can jump straight into a game without going through logos and intro vids, not to mention I can use the Classic Controller and auto-loading save states.
And it's still overpriced here... £34 in Game.

BoyBach
Jun 28, 2007, 03:03 PM
Just give me Goldeneye!

Dagless
Jun 28, 2007, 03:15 PM
If just 1 game was guaranteed to be a huge hit on the VC - it's Goldeneye. Shame it's so tied up with Microsoft and Sony really.

BoyBach
Jun 28, 2007, 03:16 PM
If just 1 game was guaranteed to be a huge hit on the VC - it's Goldeneye. Shame it's so tied up with Microsoft and Sony really.

Please don't rain on my parade.

:p

epochblue
Jun 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
My wife wants Mario 3, and I REALLY want Chrono Trigger.

steamboat26
Jun 28, 2007, 04:13 PM
Just give me Goldeneye!

I was playing that a couple of weeks ago, still a lot of fun; but nearly impossible to play with the level of graphics. Goldeneye is one game i would like nintendo to update the graphics on before releasing on vc

Antares
Jun 28, 2007, 04:24 PM
NES: Star Tropics, The Adventures of Bayou Billy, Ducktails, Double Dragon, Battletoads and Jackal
SNES: Super Star Wars/Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi, Mortal Kombat Trilogy
N64: Sin & Punishment, Goldeneye

kuebby
Jun 28, 2007, 08:00 PM
Just give me Goldeneye!

If only Rare wasn't owned my Microsoft now.

Dagless
Jun 28, 2007, 08:26 PM
If only Rare wasn't owned my Microsoft now.

Thing is- it's not as black and white as that. Rare have produced GBA and DS games. There are strong rumours about Halo on the DS, along with the already released Age of Empires DS.

phanboyjohn
Jun 28, 2007, 09:27 PM
I second pretty much everything that's already been said, and I wanna give a shout out to all the amazing multiplayer games that you could play co-op:

Streets of Rage 3 (SOR and SOR2 are both on the VC already): Amazing beat-em-up, nice character selection.
Battletoads
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, III, in Time, etc.

Antares
Jun 29, 2007, 10:36 AM
I second pretty much everything that's already been said, and I wanna give a shout out to all the amazing multiplayer games that you could play co-op:

IMO: On the NES, the best co-op games are: Jakal, the Turtles games and the Double Dragon games (in my opinion, of course).

jeremy.king
Jun 29, 2007, 10:43 AM
The entire NES library should cover my needs...Seriously, where are the Konami games???!?!?!

sam10685
Jun 30, 2007, 09:45 PM
Super Mario 3
Donkey Kong Country 3

BoyBach
Jul 28, 2007, 07:43 PM
I've just been reading a review of it's latest incarnation as an online FPS, which got me thinking.

A Virtual Console release of the SNES version of Shadowrun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_%28SNES%29) would make me a happy gamer.

Pretty please, Nintendo!

:D

Shotgun OS
Jul 28, 2007, 07:54 PM
Boogerman! Seriously!
Krusty's Super Funhouse.......Risky Woods? I grew up on Genesis, and loved these titles. :p

sikkinixx
Jul 28, 2007, 08:04 PM
hm... I would say Sonic 3, Secret of Mana and Shining Force 2 (since 1 just came out :D)

I might have to start looking at the turbo grafix games and such since I have pretty much all the SNES/Genesis/N64 games I would want (I just found Earthbound at a garage sale for $3!!!) And I already have the SNES RPG's (except Mario RPG) on my PSP or GBA so...

Ja Di ksw
Jul 28, 2007, 08:08 PM
NES:
Galaxy 5000

Yeah, I know.

DoFoT9
Jul 28, 2007, 08:17 PM
dynasty warriors 6 with LAN play!!!!!

that would be incredible

pcypert
Jul 28, 2007, 09:22 PM
Does anyone know if there's a Castlevania game for the Wii in the pipeworks? Because I'm not understanding why they are holding back all these Castlevania games.

Paul

Jack Flash
Jul 28, 2007, 09:29 PM
Super Nintendo
Super Metroid
Super Mario 3

Nintendo 64
Pilotwings 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Goldeneye 007

Dagless
Jul 28, 2007, 09:29 PM
A while ago one of the Castlevania devs said something about using the Wiimote as a whip... IIRC :confused:
Frankly I'd love to see a 2D Castlevania game using lots of lovely effects. And no 3D sprites on a 2D playfield :o

DoFoT9 - I think you're in the wrong thread :D

Ooh. I'd love Majoras Mask too. Just like the Oracle games I missed out on, I'd love to play catch up on some of these classics.

Jack Flash
Jul 28, 2007, 09:43 PM
This is a little off topic but what does IIRC mean?

e˛Studios
Jul 28, 2007, 09:49 PM
This is a little off topic but what does IIRC mean?

IIRC = If I Remeber Correctly

I am waiting for SMB 3, i loved that game.

I wonder if they will release Vegas Dreams, i used to play that for hours with friends.

Ed

zap2
Jul 28, 2007, 11:58 PM
Metriod
Super Metriod
Mario 3
Super Smash Bros
Golden Eye
Contra 1
Contra Force
Super Contra
Contra: Hard Corps
Those would make my week, or weeks

DoFoT9
Jul 29, 2007, 02:16 AM
DoFoT9 - I think you're in the wrong thread :D

that would explain why the rest of yous are talking old school and im talking new school lol

Dagless
Jul 29, 2007, 05:00 AM
Super Smash Bros

I've never played this - how does it rank alongside Melee? I might pick it up since it's a rare game (usually means good). same mechanics and the likes as Melee?

DoFoT9
Jul 29, 2007, 06:32 AM
I've never played this - how does it rank alongside Melee? I might pick it up since it's a rare game (usually means good). same mechanics and the likes as Melee?

oh it OWNS melee by about 10,000.... super smash bros is the BEST thing that ever happened to me when i was a kid

GFLPraxis
Jul 29, 2007, 11:33 AM

You never played the original Smash Bros?

Same mechanics, but some bits are different. The game feels a bit simpler, which is actually a good thing. Everyone has 3 specials, not 4. Balancing is totally different. For example, Ness is widely considered to be one of the most powerful characters.

I love going back to the original Smash Bros after playing Melee a lot. It's got a lot of very unique stages, that Melee lacks, too, like on top of the castle.

phanboyjohn
Jul 29, 2007, 11:45 AM

Some of my friends refuse to play Melee, as they think it's unbalanced and such. I'm not enough of an expert to know, but I like Melee a lot. Try both and figure out which you like better.

Or...wait for Brawl. :)

seenew
Jul 29, 2007, 01:44 PM
Goldeneye 64
Bomberman 64
San Francisco Rush
Rush 2
Rush 2049

:D

boobooq88
Jul 31, 2007, 04:03 AM
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for SNES
-Super Smash Brothers for N64
-Mario Party 1
-007 Goldeneye

- That T&C Surf Game!!!! :D

My Sega genesis still works so I'm not looking for any Sega games. :)

DoFoT9
Jul 31, 2007, 04:19 AM
oh ale the kid.. the original that come with the sega megadrive, that was awsome :)

JackAxe
Jul 31, 2007, 02:13 PM
Buck Rogers: Count Down to Doomsday for Genesis.

Easily one of the best console RPGs. Way better than most of this newer fluff.

<]=)