Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sanderr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Hello,

As my macbook will be here tomorrow:) I would like to know what racing games will work good on the macbook. The only games I could think of are the Need for Speed series... I've got windows copies of Hot pursuit 2, NFS underground & NFS underground 2. Will these work on my macbook in Bootcamp?(specs in sig) And does someone know any other nice racing games?

Thanks

Asnyers

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
I suppose they will run quite well. And for the other racegames, you should take a look at 'test drive unlimited', which is one of my favorits :cool:

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
If you fancy trying a sim instead of all those arcade games, have a look at http://www.lfs.net/, i've had it running on a system with a Geforce2Ti, of course the setting were pretty low, but it ran quite nicely, the GMA950 should run it quite happily

As for test drive unlimited, I'm have problems running it on a PC with a 7800GT so i have a feeling the Macbook could well have some problems, if the patch ever comes out there could well be a performance improvement, but i still think the GMA950 will struggle.

waiwai

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2009
Florida
I run NFS Undercover and it works fine... at max settings on low res you will notice a certain choppiness... this is in bootcamp 2.4GHZ, 4GB, 7200 RPM HD MB. IF u play on low settings/low res, gameplay is smooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.