PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook g4 wont wake up

dadio2002
Jun 28, 2007, 09:51 PM
About a week ago I received my new battery due to the recall. The last few days my power book has been great when I open my power book today it will not wake up. So i figured I would plug it in. The light stays green, does not change to orange, and still continues not to wake up. Even taking the battery out and trying to turn it doesn't work. Power cord stays green then as well. Please help

Jestered
Jun 28, 2007, 09:56 PM
It may have just jung up in sleep mode. Hold down the power button until it powers off. Make sure it is plugged in and power it back on. It should power up as normal.

If it shuts off and does not power on, then try to reset the PMU. If that does not work, you may have a bad battery or the power adapter may not be charging the battery.

BeccaSmith
May 29, 2008, 09:18 AM
About a week ago I received my new battery due to the recall. The last few days my power book has been great when I open my power book today it will not wake up. So i figured I would plug it in. The light stays green, does not change to orange, and still continues not to wake up. Even taking the battery out and trying to turn it doesn't work. Power cord stays green then as well. Please help

Hi! I know this thread is a little old, but I was wondering what the outcome was of your problem? I am having the same exact problem and I am hoping it won't be something expensive to fix. I have tried taking the battery out and unplugging the power cord and the light on the computer latch will shut off only then, once I pop the battery back in or plug in the cord, the light comes back on but my computer will not turn on or power off for me.

iSaint
May 29, 2008, 09:40 AM
Hi! I know this thread is a little old, but I was wondering what the outcome was of your problem? I am having the same exact problem and I am hoping it won't be something expensive to fix. I have tried taking the battery out and unplugging the power cord and the light on the computer latch will shut off only then, once I pop the battery back in or plug in the cord, the light comes back on but my computer will not turn on or power off for me.

I have a G4 Powerbook that's been freezing up overnight. Here's what I've done so far:

To see if it will restart at all, hold down the power button until it restarts.
If that works, restart again and reset the PRAM and PMU following these directions (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379).

I also repaired permissions.

However, it happened again recently, so I called Apple (mine's still under Applecare). The tech suggested I do an Archive and Install of my current OS, which is Leopard. That's only been a few days, but it seems to be working fine for now.

Let us know how it works out.

Jurwin
May 29, 2008, 09:45 AM
Just throw some water on it then I'm sure it'll wake up. That's what my mom used to do to me when I was younger for not waking up to go to school. :p