PDA

View Full Version : Dimensional difference MBP vs Powerbook

Sir Diggamus
Jun 29, 2007, 08:06 AM
Good morning!

I am a new MBP owner and a student. I am looking for a backpack that will keep my computer safe and doesn't look so much like a laptop bag. After looking at many bags online I think I have decided on the Timbuck 2 "Underground". Looking at thier site, they claim some bags are made to fit the MBP and others for "15 or "17 Powerbook. Is there that much dimensional diffrence between these two machines? I plan to buy a sleeve for a little added protection but I dont want the computer to move around too much. Does anyone that hass owned both of these machines think I will be ok with this bag for my new MBP?

avalys
Jun 29, 2007, 08:42 AM
The MacBook Pro is slightly wider (side to side), thinner and less tall (front to back) than the PowerBook. It is barely noticeable, but it was enough to make my new MBP not fit in the Swiss Army backpack I used for my PB for many years.

Sir Diggamus
Jun 29, 2007, 12:09 PM
I think since this bag will fit the "17 Powerbook it should fit my "15 MBP no problem. I will just by a sleeve or hardcase (the axio ones look nice) to take up the extra room.

Thank you for the info!