PDA

View Full Version : Bilderberg!!!, your thoughts and conspiracys.

amnesiac1984
Jul 14, 2003, 01:28 PM
here (http://www.bilderberg.org/bilderberg-hq.mp3) is an mp3 recording of a BBC radio 4 documentary about Bilderberg, I'd not heard of it til now but it sounds pretty scary, or at least immoral in its secrecy.

What do you all know about it and what do you think it means? Listen to the documentary as it is not too conspiracal (?)

Just thought I'd post a thread to refresh this "troll ridden" forum.:p

IJ Reilly
Jul 14, 2003, 06:11 PM
Sounds like the ultimate "old boys" club.

Desertrat
Jul 15, 2003, 05:23 PM
It has always seemed quite normal to me that like-minded people gather together. These folks have power, either via wealth or political position or both, andhave common interests. That they wish to influence world affairs and governments is quite rational.

My problem is that I don't see where their notions of "Good" match mine, and mine are far more important to me. Since I have not wanted to do those necessary things to achieve the sort of wealth or position that would make me eligible to join them, I've just tried to create my own little "sorta insulated" micro-empire away from them...

As far as "running the world", it's obvious they ain't all that smart, given the mess things are in.

:), 'Rat

amnesiac1984
Jul 16, 2003, 02:54 AM
yeah, maybe they aren't that smart, but the point is that this is uundemocratic and dangerous. The best example of their power is how europe and america suddenly started getting on well again after the meeting, this was because the bad relationship was affecting the big multinationals in a big way.

Desertrat
Jul 16, 2003, 07:20 PM
amensiac, I doubt you meant it that way, but your comment makes it sound like it's less dangerous for the US & Yurrop to not get along...

And, like it or not, the big multinationals make the plastics for your computer, the gas for your car or the tires for your bicycle.

To me, the danger lies in the fact that all large corporations want stability in the countries in which they operate. They're just as happy with a Saddam Hussein as a Jimmy Carter, as long as they can "do bidness". Which, of course, is why the U.S. has crawled into bed with some evil bastards, over the last several decades. Think back to the days of "Banana Republics" and "Gunboat Diplomacy", and don't forget the realpolitik of the Cold War.

"Stability" is probably the main reason for the US & Yurrop to start being buddies again--and, really, that ain't bad.

'Rat

Rower_CPU
Jul 16, 2003, 07:22 PM
Why do you spell Europe "Yurrop"?

amnesiac1984
Jul 16, 2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Desertrat
amensiac, I doubt you meant it that way, but your comment makes it sound like it's less dangerous for the US & Yurrop to not get along...

And, like it or not, the big multinationals make the plastics for your computer, the gas for your car or the tires for your bicycle.

To me, the danger lies in the fact that all large corporations want stability in the countries in which they operate. They're just as happy with a Saddam Hussein as a Jimmy Carter, as long as they can "do bidness". Which, of course, is why the U.S. has crawled into bed with some evil bastards, over the last several decades. Think back to the days of "Banana Republics" and "Gunboat Diplomacy", and don't forget the realpolitik of the Cold War.

"Stability" is probably the main reason for the US & Yurrop to start being buddies again--and, really, that ain't bad.

'Rat

That was jsut an example of how international policy is so easily affected by any party present at the secret meeting. There are many others, yes the official purpose of the bilderberg is to maintain transatlantic stability. But....these decisions should not be made away from the citizens of the countries it directly affects. Have you heard the mp3 documentary?

Desertrat
Jul 16, 2003, 10:44 PM
Rower, you ever heard a redneck pronounce "Europe"? :)

amnesiac, pardon my cynicism, but very few decisions of true importance are ever decided by the citizenry. Smoke-filled rooms or fancy castles--same stuff, different day.

E.g., did you vote for the Patriot Act? Did any of us vote for or against the war with Iraq? (Doesn't matter whether or not one supported it.) Did you vote for the creation of the National Monument in Utah--that gave the Riyadis billions of dollars' worth of anthracite-coal business? Did you vote for NAFTA or GATT? Or for China to enter the WTO?

'Rat

Rower_CPU
Jul 16, 2003, 11:36 PM

Actually, "yurrop" is pretty much the standard American pronunciation of Europe.

I did a quick search online to see if that term was some new double-speak or something, and came across this:
Originally posted at Google cache (http://tinyurl.com/h6s0)
For example, for many Americans these days, Yurrop, as they call it, is effectively_ one country, one space, or one imagined place and many asylum seekers might think much the same. And with tangible events like the introduction of the Euro, European political, economic and cultural boundaries have already started to merge and coalesce.

Not exactly a positive term...

pseudobrit
Jul 17, 2003, 12:05 AM
I always thought it came out more like Yerp.

amnesiac1984
Jul 17, 2003, 03:04 AM

amnesiac, pardon my cynicism, but very few decisions of true importance are ever decided by the citizenry. Smoke-filled rooms or fancy castles--same stuff, different day.

E.g., did you vote for the Patriot Act? Did any of us vote for or against the war with Iraq? (Doesn't matter whether or not one supported it.) Did you vote for the creation of the National Monument in Utah--that gave the Riyadis billions of dollars' worth of anthracite-coal business? Did you vote for NAFTA or GATT? Or for China to enter the WTO?

'Rat

Well no i didn't and I couldn't, cos I'm from "Yurrop" :confused: .

You see, we alo don't get to vote on things like these, but when they go horribly wrong the government usually gets in a lot of trouble quickly. Just seems that maybe we take democracy more seriously over here. Yes I agree that a lot of decisions are made for us, but they are made in public so we can argue and complain if we want.