PDA

View Full Version : Say Hello to Katie

katie ta achoo
Jun 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Hi, I'm Katie. I'll be blogging about the iPhone (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/) for MacRumors.

I thought it'd be nice to give y'all a little background as to who I am, what I do, and all that fun stuff, so you can get some of an idea of where I'm coming from.

I'll admit it: I'm an iPod-switcher. I got an iPod and synced it with our Windows machines for about 8 months before I had enough money for my Mac. It just worked so well and beautifully that I decided that an Apple would be a great laptop to have, and hey—the iBooks were so cute!

I got my first Mac on September 3rd, 2004. She was a 12" iBook G3 900 mHz from a pawn shop. I upgraded to a 15" PowerBook G4 1.5 gHz that I won via scratch-off card on Tiger night. The iBook suffered logic board death a few weeks later! It was great timing to get the PowerBook when I did!

I've been a regular around the MacRumors forums for a bit over two years now. Arn and I had discussed me doing some blogging for MacRumors in the past, but nothing ever really precipitated until a few days ago. Out of the blue, Arn asked if I'd like to blog about the iPhone for the site. Through a series of fantastic events, here I am. MacRumors has graciously agreed to provide the iPhone and service for me in exchange for blogging about it.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I'll enjoy writing it.

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/06/29/katieintro.jpg

Draythor
Jun 29, 2007, 11:32 AM
Lucky You! I Look forward to reading your blogs.:D

Peace
Jun 29, 2007, 11:32 AM
Hello Katie!

iCe Cube
Jun 29, 2007, 11:33 AM
Hi! :D

PlaceofDis
Jun 29, 2007, 11:34 AM
awesome Katie! :) looking forward to reading your blog.

Peace
Jun 29, 2007, 11:37 AM
Is she Katie atchoo?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 29, 2007, 11:38 AM
Is she Katie atchoo?

Yes

D

someguy
Is she Katie atchoo?
Yep. :)

ghall
Wussup! Kay-to the T I E!!! :cool:

arn
Katie = Katie Ta Achoo of the forums. She probably won't be able to respond as she is at work, and then standing in an iPhone line. So we won't get much from her until later in the day.

And we'll provide more details about how the blog works. In the meanwhile, you can see it at http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/

arn

2nyRiggz
Jun 29, 2007, 11:39 AM
Thumbs up....look foward to reading it.

Free iPhone dude!

Bless

Mac-Addict
Jun 29, 2007, 11:41 AM
Hello Katie.... Will iPhone be saying Hello Katie aswel? (Translation from Appleish to English.. "Will you be buying an iPhone?")

njmac
Jun 29, 2007, 11:41 AM
the females are taking over macrumors! :cool: :D

That is awesome Katie. I can't wait to read the blog.

Peace
Jun 29, 2007, 11:42 AM
Katie = Katie Ta Achoo of the forums. She probably won't be able to respond as she is at work, and then standing in an iPhone line. So we won't get much from her until later in the day.

And we'll provide more details about how the blog works. In the meanwhile, you can see it at http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/

arn

Well you have good taste arn ;)

Have fun with new iPhone Katie!!

TheAnswer
Jun 29, 2007, 11:44 AM
Congrats Katie!

LxTxNx
Jun 29, 2007, 11:47 AM
Hello there Katie!

Clix Pix
Jun 29, 2007, 11:48 AM
Hey, Arn -- GREAT choice! I'm just so tickled for Katie and you KNOW we'll get a quality product here in terms of a fair and honest assessment of the iPhone, all the goodies about it and all the not-so-goodies.....

Way to go, Katie!! Looking forward to those blog entries!!! :)

mpw
Jun 29, 2007, 11:52 AM
Cool job katie, nice of Arn to give you one.

It's a shame iGary's not about, can you imagine the blogs he could write on Apple tech :D

Ugg
Jun 29, 2007, 11:55 AM
Cool, this is a great idea!

Good luck Katie!

voicegy
Jun 29, 2007, 12:00 PM
Applause and kudos! Nice idea, and looking forward to the info as it comes down the pike!

Taylor C
Jun 29, 2007, 12:10 PM
Nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to reading your blog. :)

UMHurricanes34
Jun 29, 2007, 12:23 PM
Hey there Katie! Congrats :D

Can't wait to read the blog :)

:apple: Mike

sananda
Jun 29, 2007, 12:24 PM
hi katie. i'm looking forward to reading your blog :) .

rdowns
Jun 29, 2007, 12:27 PM
Woot, you go girl. Can't wait to read your blog because, well, you know, if you knoew KT like I know KT...

mrowl
Jun 29, 2007, 12:32 PM
looks like katie is at the knox henderson store in Dallas... :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 29, 2007, 12:35 PM

That pic is old - she's going to the Galleria, and getting there later than she'd like.

D

craigverse
Jun 29, 2007, 12:39 PM
Awesome! Congrats, I'm excited to read what you'll have to write. :D

yoman
Jun 29, 2007, 12:40 PM
Welcome! Katie and congrats on the iPhone blog.

SilentPanda
Jun 29, 2007, 12:40 PM
Never heard of this person before.

daschor
Jun 29, 2007, 12:42 PM

arn

What, MacRumors couldn't help Katie out with an EVDO card for her PowerBook? Standing in line should be no excuse for a tech blogger to refrain from posting. I would expect there to be wifi in the vicinity of an Apple Store, too.

Still a great choice of blogger.

Hi Katie!

:apple:

napoleonesq
Jun 29, 2007, 12:45 PM
Hello Katie!

look forward to reading your blog :)

DrMoray
Jun 29, 2007, 12:46 PM
Kudos... Look forward to your blogging

CanadaRAM
Jun 29, 2007, 12:47 PM
Never heard of this person before.

Pandas lead such shetered lives...

(Here, have some more bamboo... )

JMGvtec03
Jun 29, 2007, 12:53 PM
Hello Katie...

Congrats on the Free Stuff!

-J

xsedrinam
Jun 29, 2007, 12:53 PM
Pandas lead such shetered lives...

(Here, have some more bamboo... )
Couldn't resist pandering even in an iPhone thread, eh? :p
Congrats, KT. iPhone home.

Dagless
Jun 29, 2007, 12:56 PM
Nice one Katie :)

justflie
Hi Katie! Jealous anyone? lol. I'm in line at the Salem, NH store (about 34th in). I'm not getting paid to do it though. Lucky girl! have fun everyone :p

dukeblue91
Go Katie,
Looking forward to reading your blogging.

notjustjay
Jun 29, 2007, 12:58 PM
Hey arn, can I blog about the next MacBook Pro revision... ? :D

Nice Katie, looking forward to reading all about it.

Of course, it'll be some time yet before the phone even comes to us Canadians, but we can dream...

brooker
Jun 29, 2007, 01:01 PM
Love the new iPhone section. Looks great!

Copngrats, Katie. Looking forward to your impressions!

sonictruth
Jun 29, 2007, 01:01 PM
As a longtime registered but rarely commenting MacRumors fiend, Katie is a perfect choice for the honor. I only look forward to the blog. Brilliant and effective, arn, as always...

BlackSilver
Jun 29, 2007, 01:03 PM
I'll be picking up my iPhone as soon as the doors open. I'm in Tustin, Ca.. we've got a floater standing in line.. have already signed up for AT&T service, and will be making THOROUGH use of the iPhone.

Can't wait to hear from ya Katie.. hope to have lots of fun messing with this new toy and learning from you. :)

fuzzwud
Jun 29, 2007, 01:06 PM
I work 5 minutes from the Apple Galleria store ... should I go visit?

mo0805
Jun 29, 2007, 01:10 PM
it's about time there was a MacRumors cutie XD

CanadaRAM
Jun 29, 2007, 01:47 PM
HelloKatie!

DCBass
Jun 29, 2007, 02:04 PM
Nice to see macrumors expanding in such a fun way. Congrats Katie and enjoy. We're all looking forward to mad blogging skills.

AJ Muni
Jun 29, 2007, 02:12 PM
MR picked the right person for this one. I've dealt with kaite before thru some transactions in the MP, and always thought she had a great sense a humor. Congrats on the iPhone!

Jasonbot
Jun 29, 2007, 02:15 PM
I wish macrumors would buy me an iPhone.

david_r_p
Jun 29, 2007, 02:21 PM
How stoked are you??? Free iPhone! Very cool...

Enjoy :)

MonksMac
Jun 29, 2007, 02:22 PM
Congrats to KT! Boy would I love an iPhone...:apple:

ISMPlus
Jun 29, 2007, 02:22 PM
HelloKatie!

ROFL!!! That "hello kitty" has me LMAO!! That's hillarious!

Hi Katie, while I haven't heard much about you till today, I'm really excited to hear your input about the iPhone!!! Pretty much everyone here agrees you're the IT person for the job ---- a girl!! Woo hoo! So from another girl here, in NYC, do your thing!! You'll be good at it, I'm sure! :)

iBlue
Jun 29, 2007, 02:24 PM
HelloKatie!

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=77971&stc=1&d=1183142851
Genius. :D

I wish macrumors would buy me an iPhone.
oh but MR provides us with SO much more! ;)

<swoons>

And here is my public congrats to Katie! :)

http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/catmacros/score.jpg

Tiauguinho
Jun 29, 2007, 02:28 PM
Good to see some new blood joining the Mac blogs!

gauchogolfer
Jun 29, 2007, 02:30 PM
I bet that Arn picked her because she's a hand model, and so will look great in the iPhone closeups. ;)

edenwaith
Jun 29, 2007, 02:42 PM
Sorry, but I prefer to read the blogs of fat, hairy, half-naked guys. :D

I'm kidding, of course.

But forget that phone thingy, when do the new iMacs come out?!

Bahwinkle
Jun 29, 2007, 02:52 PM
Very cool!
It couldn't have happen to a nicer Apple zealot!
Go Katie!

stevejust
Jun 29, 2007, 02:54 PM

I know, right?

I was just at the Knox store at about 1 pm today, and the line is from the corner where she's standing in the photo, all the way down to the Viking store! I feel bad for all those people out there, because Dallas has been having a bunch of flash floods, and it's raining again right now.

But I feel worse for me, 'cause I have a flight back home to LA in a few hours that will probably get delayed or canceled.

Bahwinkle
Jun 29, 2007, 02:59 PM
The photo was taken in front of the Dallas store. She was in Dallas for an orchestra performance and, between rehearsals, visited the store.

pjarvi
Jun 29, 2007, 03:00 PM
So if MacRumors is paying for the phone service, does that mean Arn will be able to see everyone you call on the monthly bill? :eek:

sethypoo
Jun 29, 2007, 03:15 PM
Congrats Katie, I envy your new job!

This is one heck of an exciting day for Apple fans. I'm waiting for 6PM EST to roll a round for the first pictures to emerge.

I look forward to reading this review. Man, I wish I had gotten picked to get a free iPhone!

iBlue
Jun 29, 2007, 03:21 PM
The photo was taken in front of the Dallas store. She was in Dallas for an orchestra performance and, between rehearsals, visited the store.
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/smilies/dogeyes.gif dude, know her social security number while you're at it? :p

Peel
Jun 29, 2007, 03:38 PM
I really like the way the MacRumors has been branching out lately. It's always been a hot site, but with the continuously updated keynote report from WWDC (no refreshing), the delivery to SMS and email, and now major event blogs, the experience here just keeps getting richer.

Thanks Arn. (though my employer may not thank you :rolleyes: )

And Katie, I look forward to your insight and contributions.

rdowns
Jun 29, 2007, 03:49 PM
HelloKatie!

Nice!! If she doesn't use that as her 'tar, I will spank her!!

cwedl
Jun 29, 2007, 04:51 PM
Hey Katie, Looking forward to reading the blogs, Want to know everything about this thing before it comes over to the UK.

xx

Doctor Q
Jun 29, 2007, 04:56 PM
I wish macrumors would buy me an iPhone.We've had a number of inquiries from MacRumors members who were interesting in a similar arrangement. However, since this was a one-time arrangement, we are not supplying any other members with iPhones in exchange for reviews or blogs.

Jasonbot
Jun 29, 2007, 05:25 PM
We've had a number of inquiries from MacRumors members who were interesting in a similar arrangement. However, since this was a one-time arrangement, we are not supplying any other members with iPhones in exchange for reviews or blogs.

Figures... Just now Arn pulls a Steve Jobs on all MR members with x number of posts :p Now that would be the life! But I probably wouldn't get in there anyways.

katie ta achoo
Jun 29, 2007, 07:31 PM
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/smilies/dogeyes.gif dude, know her social security number while you're at it? :p

Hahaha, that's my mom, so YES she does. :)

and I just got home! I'll post in a few. :)

and thanks y'all! I'm flattered. :D

AlBDamned
Jun 29, 2007, 07:48 PM

and I just got home! I'll post in a few. :)

and thanks y'all! I'm flattered. :D

Hey Katie, looking forward to hearing your views on the phone! :)

iRachel
Jun 29, 2007, 07:59 PM
Congrats Katie! Can't think of a better person for the job. Looking forward to reading the blog.

mercuryjones
Jun 29, 2007, 08:15 PM
This couldn't happen to a more deserving MacRumorite. Congrats Katie.

BTW, I still have the Apple Camp stickers that you gave me, and plan on paying you back someday with something (not an iPhone obviously) :)

Lyle
Jun 29, 2007, 10:29 PM
... that's my mom ...Yikes. Behave, everybody. You too, Katie. ;)

Congrats on the new toy, I'm looking forward to hearing what you and the other new owners think of it. Here's hoping you don't get hung up in activation limbo...

oliversl
Jun 29, 2007, 11:24 PM
Nice up to the minute blog, thanks!

iBlue
Jun 30, 2007, 04:29 AM

ok then, whew. (didn't see that one coming) :o :p

signed,

one of KT's macrumors bodyguards, as it were.

grafikat
Jun 30, 2007, 11:40 AM
Yay Katie!

Nice to meet you, Mrs. Achoo. You have a very nice daughter :)

Hooka
Jan 14, 2008, 03:43 PM
Katie, you going to be at MacWorld? Oh yeah, Hi!

samh004
Jan 14, 2008, 11:48 PM
Wow this is an old thread... you must of dug through a lot of old threads to find it.