Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macphoria

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2002
Someone had to do this.

How about tomorrow? Are we going to see 15" Aluminium PowerBook?

jazzman45

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2003
lawrence, ks
positively yes ;):cool:

At 1.33ghz and 1ghz with DDR333
bluetooth
ap extreme
usb 2

video...hmmm maybe geforce FX 5200 with 64mb ram

in Aluminum form

that's my guess

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
I heard the reason the PB's haven't been updated is because Apple's having problems with the new Diesel powered fuel cells. That's right, I said Diesel! These new laptops will run for 50 hours, or 500 miles. Whichever comes first. :D

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
Despite all the bells and whistles it may have, I'm not getting it unless it has a Radeon 9600m... I'm not putting up with a G4 and an NVIDIA card too... :p

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Re: How about tomorrow? 15" Aluminium PowerBook?

Originally posted by macphoria
Someone had to do this.
You're right. ;)

Nope, no upgrade of the 15" to the new form factor.

Apple will keep the Ti in the line-up until OS 9 bootability is no longer needed, and is replaced by System 7.5 :eek:

Same with all the other machines, as Apple reintroduces all new G4s to replace the just announced G5s.

If we're really lucky, we'll be getting the new 68k machines sometime soon.

:p

jbomber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
Brooklyn - NYC
C'mon baby, fly!

I'm getting scared. it's almost the 11th hour and there's nothing on the horizon. No rumors, no hints, no pics, no nothing!

Don't break my heart again, Apple. It's now or never!

Wren

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: C'mon baby, fly!

Originally posted by jbomber
I'm getting scared. it's almost the 11th hour and there's nothing on the horizon. No rumors, no hints, no pics, no nothing!

Don't break my heart again, Apple. It's now or never!
Don't hold your breath. No 15" updates till MWSF in January.

jbomber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
Brooklyn - NYC
Re: Re: C'mon baby, fly!

Originally posted by Wren
Don't hold your breath. No 15" updates till MWSF in January.

bah.

"Dude, I'm getting a Dell".

Anyone else think that Apple would really wait til freakin January to update this aging line?

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
It's highly unlikely -- that would be over a year since the Ti was last updated.

On another note, even if they update the 15", that doesn't mean they can't keep the Ti version around for OS 9 compatibility (like the 1.25GHz G4 tower).

jbomber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
Brooklyn - NYC
Originally posted by szark
It's highly unlikely -- that would be over a year since the Ti was last updated.

On another note, even if they update the 15", that doesn't mean they can't keep the Ti version around for OS 9 compatibility (like the 1.25GHz G4 tower).

I've been using OS X for so long I often forget that there are users still pushing OS 9. I really hope Apple hasn't been holding up the 15's for that reason.

Perhaps they can do what you've suggested and relegate the Ti version to the needs of those who want to run OS 9. Release the Aluminums already.....

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Re: Re: Re: C'mon baby, fly!

Originally posted by jbomber
bah.

"Dude, I'm getting a Dell".

Anyone else think that Apple would really wait til freakin January to update this aging line?

You mean you are getting a cell?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.